TCG Tank Mock Battle (Pizzastorm vs. HBFT)

TCG Tank Mock Battle Epic XBOX 360

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

HBFT WGA #1 Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles

Tankers!

In honor of all of the submissions that you submitted for the TCG Tank contest, Pizzastorm and I have gathered 67 separate card submissions to wage war with.  As each of the cards submitted to us were parts of different card games, we decided to incorporate rulesets from each of them to fight this war.

There were three main card types:

Magic: The Gathering (Standard Win Condition: 20 Life)

Yu-Gi-Oh (Standard Win Condition: 8,000 Life)

Pokémon (Standard Win Condition: KO Opponent's Creatures)

As this was a casual match, we wanted to give ourselves a fighting chance and decided that MtG cards would deal MtG damage, Yu-Gi-Oh cards would deal Yu-Gi-Oh damage, etc.  We also settled upon the idea that we would have life totals of 40 MtG life and 16,000 Yu-Gi-Oh life.  Additionally, we figured that casting cost restrictions would get to be a bit muddy, so we agreed that we would play one card per turn (regardless of cost) and stick to the Yu-Gi-Oh 6 card hand rule.

Pre-Match:

*Pizzastorm draws 6 cards*

*HBFT draws 6 cards*

HBFT: Alright, who goes first?

Pizzastorm: Rock, Paper Scissors.

*Pizza wins the Pre-Match RockPaperScissors with Rock vs HBFT's Scissors*

*Pizza chooses to go second*

Turn 1:

HBFT plays:

HBFT: How do you determine if you reach the enemy base or not?

Pizza: Uhh...

HBFT: How about... you can "move this vehicle forward" and not attack with it.  Let's make it something like... 10 turns of this.

Pizza: That works.

Turn 2:

*Pizza draws a card*

Pizza plays:

HBFT: Whatttt? Hero of Bladehold effect? OP Pizza....OP.

Turn 3:

*HBFT draws a card*

HBFT plays:

*HBFT targets Churchill I with Enter the Battlefield effect.  Additionally, as this is a Yu-Gi-Oh card, HBFT plays Bert the Avenger as Defense 500*

HBFT: I am choosing to move Matilda towards the "enemy base" by 1 this turn instead of attacking. (Matilda is 1 out of 10 to the "enemy base")

Turn 4:

*Pizza draws a card*

Pizza plays:

Pizza: Ha!  This is ridiculous...

HBFT: Wow.  haha My hand feels grossly inadequate right now.

Turn 5:

*HBFT draws a card*

HBFT plays:

HBFT: Hmm...  Well, your KV-5 is indestructible even though your Churchill I is tracked still.  I will leave my Matilda in place because you can block with your KV-5.

Turn 6:

*Pizza draws a card*

Pizza declares attacks with his KV-5.  HBFT chump blocks the KV-5 with Matilda.  (We forgot about "Fear" on the KV-5, but we let this block slide because all tanks are sort of "artifact-y")

On his second main phase, Pizza plays:

HBFT: ....whatttt?

Pizza: :)

(We determined that unblockable for a tank that could deal 20 MtG damage in one shot would make this a very short game.  As such, we felt that unblockable would only apply to other MtG cards.)

Turn 7:

*HBFT draws a card*

HBFT plays:

HBFT: With the wall of monster tanks that you have on your side, I think I shall sit here quietly and pass the turn.  haha

Turn 8:

*Pizza draws a card*

Pizza plays:

Pizza declares attacks with The Mause (Vigilance).  HBFT blocks with FV304 (Defense 500).

Pizza declares attacks with KV-5.  HBFT takes 20 MtG damage from KV-5. (HBFT has 20 MtG life left)

Turn 9:

*HBFT draws a card*

HBFT plays:

HBFT: Now that T57 Heavy does not have summoning sickness anymore (even though it's not a tap ability), I will use Barrage and target E-75.

*Flips coin. Tails.*

Pizza: 800 Yu-Gi-Oh damage to you.

*HBFT takes 800 Yu-Gi-Oh damage* (HBFT has 15,200 Yu-Gi-Oh life left)

HBFT: That Maus is still untapped.  I pass the turn to you!

Turn 10:

*Pizza draws a card*

Pizza plays:

*Pizza targets FV304*

HBFT: In response, I would like to play:

Pizza: Nuuuu!

*HBFT draws a card*

Pizza: Okay, we have to do something about blocking with Pokémon / Yu-Gi-Oh cards.  How about MtG cards deal X*100 damage to them.

HBFT: Makes sense. Sounds fair.

Pizza declares attacks with KV-5. HBFT blocks with Fluffy Hellcat (Indestructible).

Pizza declares attacks with E-75. HBFT blocks with T57 Heavy.  T57 Heavy takes (8*100 = 800) hp damage out of 2,250 hp.

Pizza declares attacks with The Mause (Vigilance). HBFT blocks with FV304FV304 takes (20*100 = 2,000) damage.  FV304 is destroyed and Churchill I fixes its tracks.

Note: The Mause's trampling damage of 2,000 seemed excessive, so we stopped the damage at the FV304.

Turn 11:

*HBFT draws a card*

HBFT plays:

HBFT: When Beast Killer enters the battlefield, E-75 is destroyed.  Both The Mause and KV-5 have indestructible.  As such, I would like to try T57 Heavy's ability Barrage targeting the Churchill I.

*Flips coin. Tails.*

*HBFT takes 800 Yu-Gi-Oh damage* (HBFT has 14,400 Yu-Gi-Oh life left)

HBFT: Nuuuu!

Turn 12:

*Pizza draws a card*

Pizza plays:

Pizza declares attacks with The Mause (Vigilance).  HBFT blocks with T57 HeavyT57 Heavy takes (20*100 = 2,000) damage.  250 HP left.

HBFT: I realize that this card's health pool is too large to consistently reset it every turn, so from now on the damage will not reset.

Pizza declares attacks with KV-5.  HBFT blocks with Fluffy Hellcat (Indestructible).

Pizza declares attacks with Churchill I, summons two 2/1 Matildas that are attacking.

HBFT: Immediately after declaring blocking, I would like to use Fluffy Hellcat's ability MEOW. Jackson Galaxy appears and deals damage to the closest tank for 2,500 damage.

Pizza: How do we determine what the "closest tank" is?

HBFT: Well, how about this.  I will flip a coin.  If it's heads, Jackson Galaxy rams into my T57 Heavy.  If it's tails, Jackson Galaxy rams into Churchill I.

Pizza: K. Sounds like a plan.

*Flips coin. Heads.*

*Churchill I takes 2,500 damage and is destroyed before dealing damage.*

*HBFT takes (2*2 = 4) MtG Damage from the 2/1 Matildas* (HBFT has 16 MtG life left)

HBFT WGA #2 Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles
Turn 13:

*HBFT draws a card*

HBFT plays:

*HBFT accidentally looks at Beautiful Scenery and all his creatures take 1 point of damage.*

HBFT: Nuuu! Well...I might as well try to Barrage your Wolverine.

*Flips Coin. Heads.*

*Wolverine takes 1,600 damage.  Wolverine is destroyed.*

HBFT: Hey Pizza.

Pizza: Yeah?

HBFT: Remember that time when you wanted to look at this thing on my screen?

*Pizza looks at Beautiful Scenery*

*All of Pizza's creatures take 1 point of damage. All 2/1 Matildas are destroyed.*

Pizza: Nuuu!

HBFT: I am going to tap "sac" Beautiful Scenery to "Bury" The Mause.

*The Mause taps.  No blockers available.*

HBFT declares attacks with T110E3 (+2/+2 TDs).  T110E3 deals 14 MtG damage to Pizza. (Pizza has 26 MtG life left)

HBFT declares attacks with Beast Killer (Temporarily 17/4).  Beast Killer deals 17 MtG damage to Pizza. (Pizza has 9 MtG life left)

Pizza: Ouch.

Turn 14:

*Pizza draws a card*

Pizza plays:

Pizza declares attacks with KV-5.  HBFT blocks with Fluffy Hellcat.

Pizza declares attacks with The Mause (Vigilance). HBFT blocks with T57 Heavy.  T57 Heavy takes (20*100 = 2,000) damage. T57 Heavy is destroyed.

Turn 15:

*HBFT draws a card*

HBFT plays:

*Maus' enter the battlefield effect destroys Antonov KT (1942).*

HBFT declares attacks with T110E3 (Temporarily 19/19).  Pizza blocks with The Mause.

HBFT declares attacks with Fluffy Hellcat (Flying) (Temporarily 13/21).  Fluffy Hellcat deals 13 MtG damage. (Pizza has been dealt lethal MtG damage)

HBFT declares attacks with Beast Killer (Temporarily 22/9). Beast Killer deals 22 MtG damage. (Pizza has been dealt lethal MtG damage)

Post-Game Analysis:

If we had all of the rules ironed out ahead of time, I believe that Pizzastorm would have taken this battle.  We were making rules up as we went and we had a lot of fun seeing what cards we would get and what was useful in specific situations.  For quite some time, I felt that I was on the backfoot for the match and I kept hoping that I would pull RNGesus for the win.

Verdict?

Beautiful cards. Interesting rules and overall...a good time!

What do you think?

VGC SapperTroop #3 Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8117 battles
Awesome....I love it....now just set the rules, etc....into print that can be followed by anyone...mass produce and market the card game version of WoT to the masses....I bet it would fly off the shelves....." I would buy that for a Dollar".....lol

United Through Service, Joined by Interest

www.theveteransgamingclan.org

Quazakaharet #4 Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

same, was a good set of rules, the shared hp for each game type really helped. i may have to convince my friend to combine our old yu gi oh decks with our magic ones :0 chayos.

when is the next match? maybe lady O VS raibot :)

fat vs thin #5 Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18783 battles
Making a World of Tanks card game like this sounds really fun got to admit.:great:

GamerPaws #6 Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 21905 battles

haha cant believe u guys actually play with all of those cards O_o

well just watching u play I got idea, why don't u guys make this tank card game creation as ongoing contest for like year, and u guys can set boundaries and limits, so card will be playable and balanced.
we might create another game O_o

Sir Cobalt78 #7 Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22493 battles
  • [OFF]
LOL That sounded like a great game!

Don't Track me Bro!

Bolo Vic #8 Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9325 battles
  • [GED]
That triple face palm card! Oh man I laughed so hard! Genious!

leova #9 Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11380 battles
  • [47R]

I love how you guys actually tried to make these all "make sense" somehow, and actually played a game with them!

My only note would be that "Bury target creature" would actually kill it. I should have said "remove from game" on the card instead :arta:

But I'm an MTG guy so it never occurred to me that that might be mis-understood :)

HBFT WGA #10 Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles

View PostQuazakaharet, on 05 August 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

same, was a good set of rules, the shared hp for each game type really helped. i may have to convince my friend to combine our old yu gi oh decks with our magic ones :0 chayos.

when is the next match? maybe lady O VS raibot :)

View PostGamerPaws, on 05 August 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

haha cant believe u guys actually play with all of those cards O_o

well just watching u play I got idea, why don't u guys make this tank card game creation as ongoing contest for like year, and u guys can set boundaries and limits, so card will be playable and balanced.
we might create another game O_o

It would be entertaining if some of you held some mock matches and posted them here. :)

View PostBolo Vic, on 05 August 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

That triple face palm card! Oh man I laughed so hard! Genious!

I did as well! haha I felt bad doing it because we had agreed to play only one card per turn.  (How else would you play a counter spell though?)

View Postleova, on 05 August 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

I love how you guys actually tried to make these all "make sense" somehow, and actually played a game with them!

My only note would be that "Bury target creature" would actually kill it. I should have said "remove from game" on the card instead :arta:

But I'm an MTG guy so it never occurred to me that that might be mis-understood :)

I am an MTG player as well, but I started playing from M12.  (I wasn't around for the "Bury" term)  I think Pizza had the upper-hand in this game. :)

Wookie Shanker #11 Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 11728 battles
  • [CRPTX]
Ooh you drew my Matilda. Shame it didn't make much of an impact. Lol

leova #12 Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11380 battles
  • [47R]
Bury is SUPER old-school, then they changed it to "destroy and can't be regenerated" due to confusion by many players over the years :bajan:

HoodedWildKard #13 Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8085 battles
  • [BNKR]
aw my t2 light didn't get used :(

"I hate nobody except Hitler, and that is professional" Winston Churchill.

Trolls crave our attention. Arguments or indeed any response provides them with nourishment, let them starve.

signature.png

I'm always looking for new platoon mates to play with so if you have a mic and play on xbox one, hit me up so amusing team times can ensue.

Ereaser NL #14 Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 2850 battles
Too bad the cards weren't a bit more balanced, else it would have lasted a bit longer. Still great to see that you actually played with the cards though :D

Beta tester | WoT360 Profile | Going clanless! (For now)

Wookie Shanker #15 Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 11728 battles
  • [CRPTX]
Question.
My card was used, But i did not win 750?

HBFT WGA #16 Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles

View PostHoodedWildKard, on 06 August 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

aw my t2 light didn't get used :(

I actually had your T2 Light after my first few draws, but the moment Pizza dropped two gigantic indestructible creatures, I was running a delaying game until I could get something a bit larger.  I blame Pizza. :)

View PostEreaser NL, on 06 August 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

Too bad the cards weren't a bit more balanced, else it would have lasted a bit longer. Still great to see that you actually played with the cards though :D

haha  well, part of the fun was the fact that the cards were so ridiculous.  Every time we dropped another card onto the field, we raised an eyebrow in surprise. haha

View PostWookie Shanker, on 06 August 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

Question.
My card was used, But i did not win 750?

The winners were posted here.  After the winners were chosen by staff, we took all of the contest entries (whether they won the initial contest or not) and put them into a big pool of cards to draw from for the mock battle.  Seriously though, your card was awesome! :)

Ereaser NL #17 Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 2850 battles

View PostHBFT WGA, on 06 August 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

haha  well, part of the fun was the fact that the cards were so ridiculous.  Every time we dropped another card onto the field, we raised an eyebrow in surprise. haha

I thought you were going to lose for sure when that KV-5 and the 20/20 Maus came on the field but the other Maus saved the day ;)

I thought I was a goner for sure as well and to be perfectly honest, I think Pizza should have won if we weren't making up the rules on the fly.

~HBFT

Beta tester | WoT360 Profile | Going clanless! (For now)

Arcbound Wolf #18 Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16414 battles

Where's my back up? counters Ammo Racked..... made ​​me LOL! 
especially: Pizza: Nuuuu! 

It was a great duel!

PS, you can have 4 cards "Ammo Racked" in your deck and you can play it anytime, that's why it is an instant spell.... but you should have enough mana to use it. 

Greetings!

ADDPaladin #19 Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7861 battles

Some where is a set of rules for converting pokemon, yugioh and a couple of other TCG to magic rules. it was when yugioh and pokemon were still new but my friends and i played with them and it was great. you just convert the cost of the pokemon cards into the magic basic lands. I don't really remember the specifics but I know it had every card set that blizzard made in it. A DCI judge friend showed it to me.

DARTH TETRIS #20 Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16690 battles
  • [BLT]
Glad my wolverine got used, wish it had lasted longer than 1 turn though!  Fun battle and fun contest too.

Also tagged with TCG, Tank, Mock, Battle, Epic, XBOX, 360

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users