Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

the pharcidian #101 Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:27 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14420 battles
  • [HAMMR]
I like the silver that the E2 makes, now I don't have to rely on my JT88 so much!  I really wish this had been a win :/  wasn't for lack of trying.

JoeDaFrogman #102 Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View Postputinondafoil, on 30 July 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Very good guide. About the only thing overlooked was equipment sharing.  This technique involves binocs cammo and repair. All do not require gold to dismount. So you can save silver by sharing these with all your tanks.  You have to keep 500k silver on hand to purchase binocs or toolbox. 100k for cammo. So for roughly 1.1m silver you can equip every tank you own with these. You just have to purchase them before playing the tank. Then when you want to play another tank you sell the equipment on the one you were playing and buy it back for the new one. This will increase your reserves as silver will not be tied up in equipment you are not using. Just doing this with binocs is incredibly effective.  If you have 5 tanks with binocs normally and you instead share one set between them you have an extra 2m silver to play around with. The only drawback to this is the extra time it takes to mount and remount the equipment.

I don't cover it because frankly, I just don't do it and I personally don't really advise it based upon the way my brain works.    For one, if you slow down, you have Silver to cover all tanks before you play them for the first time with all your equipment.  The only time I remove equipment is either when I sell it or in a few very rare cases, decide to actually swap something out at a later time.   

Secondly, it's just a hassle in time and more importantly, I just won't forget.  I am much more of the mindset of set it and forget it vs "i need to do this before i take this tank out to battle."   To each his own, but If you follow the guide quite closely, your brain will never notice that small Silver savings vs time spent.   That time is better spent playing the game than swapping out equipment.

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

JoeDaFrogman #103 Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View Postthe pharcidian, on 30 July 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

I like the silver that the E2 makes, now I don't have to rely on my JT88 so much!  I really wish this had been a win :/  wasn't for lack of trying.

Nice match!

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

JoeDaFrogman #104 Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles
Bump... because new players should likely see something discussing how Silver works and how to not be poor all the damned time.

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Derelictus #105 Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13357 battles
  • [VGC]

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 18 September 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

Bump... because new players should likely see something discussing how Silver works and how to not be poor all the damned time.

I can't believe that this thread hasn't been pinned yet...

JoeDaFrogman #106 Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostDerelictus, on 18 September 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

I can't believe that this thread hasn't been pinned yet...

No joke.... I even had a mod say they were going to...last year....

YouTube

Twitch.tv

AlternativeFats #107 Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14617 battles
  • [-KWE-]
Maybe they were about to pin it and they locked up?

:trollface:

Never underestimate the stopping power of a tree.

Derelictus #108 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13357 battles
  • [VGC]

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 18 September 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

No joke.... I even had a mod say they were going to...last year....

Tinfoil Hat time: 

WG Staff - "If we teach them how to make silver, they won't buy it with gold. We must bury this thread..."

JoeDaFrogman #109 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostScaryJoey484330, on 18 September 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Maybe they were about to pin it and they locked up?

Were they viewing the forums on the crappy IE that comes with Xbox, if so..well... perhaps there is a lesson to be learned?:P

YouTube

Twitch.tv

JoeDaFrogman #110 Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles
This still needs to be viewed by newcomers..... and pinned and stuff..

YouTube

Twitch.tv

RELIC x #111 Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26688 battles
  • [47R]

Very nice write-up Joe.

I want to reinforce what you said about using gold to un-mount complex equipment.  Virtually every tank can benefit from a gun rammer, and potentially many other pieces of complex equipment too.  It is a waste to let that silver go when you sell a tank.  Even if you never spend another dime on WOT, buying the least expensive gold package ($5 US) nets you 850 gold allowing you too change out equipment 85 times!  That is a potential savings 40 Million plus silver, or basically enough to buy half a dozen tier X tanks.  It is hard to grasp that concept when you are a new tanker.   Even if you used the 850 you get as a new player just for changing out complex equipment, you would be far ahead in the silver race.

JoeDaFrogman #112 Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostRELIC x, on 29 October 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

Very nice write-up Joe.

I want to reinforce what you said about using gold to un-mount complex equipment.  Virtually every tank can benefit from a gun rammer, and potentially many other pieces of complex equipment too.  It is a waste to let that silver go when you sell a tank.  Even if you never spend another dime on WOT, buying the least expensive gold package ($5 US) nets you 850 gold allowing you too change out equipment 85 times!  That is a potential savings 40 Million plus silver, or basically enough to buy half a dozen tier X tanks.  It is hard to grasp that concept when you are a new tanker.   Even if you used the 850 you get as a new player just for changing out complex equipment, you would be far ahead in the silver race.

Agreed..

and here is the kicker... if you are in the US AND at least 18 years old with a computer(or tablet) AND cell phone, you can earn roughly $10 every six-seven weeks by simply spending 10 minutes a day doing searches.   Easy-peazy.   And that's just ONE of likely many different reward programs out there

YouTube

Twitch.tv

SpiffiestSquid4 #113 Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5016 battles
  • [C2C]
I know this post is old and probably dead, but i feel that the info is still very relevant! Great write up. You went into great detail. Suggestions and stuff were great. Thank you!

Gigantic Owl #114 Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22093 battles
  • [RDDT]

Speaking of silver...

9Oqdoknh.jpg

An actual gameplay expert

Check out my guides on the bunker.  http://thebunker.fre...ide-compilation

JoeDaFrogman #115 Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostSpiffiestSquid4, on 09 November 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

I know this post is old and probably dead, but i feel that the info is still very relevant! Great write up. You went into great detail. Suggestions and stuff were great. Thank you!

Thanks!

JoeDaFrogman #116 Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostGigantic Owl, on 09 November 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

Speaking of silver...

9Oqdoknh.jpg

It's a sign of the IlluminARTY

YouTube

Twitch.tv

leova #117 Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11329 battles
  • [47R]

View PostRELIC x, on 29 October 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

Very nice write-up Joe.

Absolutely correct, and everyone can get ~600 Gold (and a bunch of SIlver/XP) from the training videos available ingame!

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 29 October 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

Agreed..

and here is the kicker... if you are in the US AND at least 18 years old with a computer(or tablet) AND cell phone, you can earn roughly $10 every six-seven weeks by simply spending 10 minutes a day doing searches.   Easy-peazy.   And that's just ONE of likely many different reward programs out there

10 minutes? more like three!

Bing is awesome, I get a $5 card every 3 weeks :justwait:

Ineedabiggergun #118 Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:21 PM

Private

• Players
  • 202 battles
Great guide, many thanks

MoodyDale #119 Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42949 battles
I used to run out of silver a lot and was going up a lot of lines.  To the point that I was grinding with just the basic tank with no upgrades.   Killed my stats but making up for it now.   Things turned around when I was off a day with wife working all day and unlocked premium time for a day.   I bought the FCM 50t and Jagdtiger 8'8.   They were on sale on the tech tree at the time.   Played them back and forth all day long.   Haven't had a silver problem since.  Lol

StarBreakerRich #120 Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21741 battles
Nice necro. So whens this thread gonna get Pinned?

World of tanks in a nutshell:

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users