How to set up Your Autloader (Cliff Notes)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

MrWuvems #1 Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:57 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10629 battles

For simplicity's sake, and because I hate the Stuarts with a burning passion, I'm roping both the Chaffee and T21 into this thread. When I say "light tank", it means those two and the T71.

Equipment:

Passive vs Active Scouting: There are two major playstyles for light tanks. Make no mistake, your entire job is based around your vision, not straight up murder (But you can still do that). Passive scouting means sitting behind a bush being invisible. Active is running around like a crazy bee.

Passive: You need Camo/Binoculars to make it work

Active: The only requirement is really that you need coated optics. But because you're moving, generally use a Vertical Stabilizer

Leaves an open slot right, well:

If you don't have an autoloader yet, the gun rammer works for straight damage. If you do have an autoloader, you can pair a gun laying drive with a stabilizer for maximum aiming. (or a stabilizer with passive scout)

Ventilation isn't a bad option. Improves the reload time of even autoloaders, and more vision.

Improved Suspension. Tracked scout is dead scout.

After you transition away from lights, don't buff your suspension or use a camo net. It's still generally a good idea to get a vision buffing equipment piece (Optics/Binocs), but Vents/Stabilizer/Gun Laying Drive is viable. Personal recommendation, dump the Gun Drive for coated optics.

Consumables:

!SWITCH ALL PREMIUM CONSUMABLE PRICES TO SILVER BY HITTING THE Y BUTTON!

For non auto-loaders, enough ammo to kill your tank and then some

2 clips of premium rounds (10 for the T71, 8 for the T69, T54E1, T7 Heavy) if you have one.

Don't load any HE rounds. Oh dear lord are they bad. They're especially a waste on the T71, where your ammo is super-limited.

Med packs and Repair kits are mandatory for all tanks.

The fire extinguisher is always an option. Generally go with the automatic version, you don't have a lot of HP to throw away.

Cola increases fire rate, turning, vision, all that good stuff.

The large repair kit is generally more useful than the med pack.

Crew Skills:

If you have a decent supply of gold, always train a crew skill and then retrain into the perk you want. That way you get the skill's effect while leveling it (perks have no effect until 100%).

SIXTH SENSE OR YOU DIE

Camouflage is immensely recommended

Brothers-in-Arms is really, really good.

Perks:

Deadeye: Super-abusable when combined with an autoloader. This perk + shooting an engine deck = s'mores. Chaffee drivers swear by it as well. As well as swear in general. Salty.

Safe Stowage: A weak ammo rack is a big weakness of the line, this one helps you not explode.

Preventative Maintenance: Combine with an auto-extinguisher for maximum prevention

DO NOT TAKE SILENT DRIVING It does not work on lights

Green Thumb is great for passive scouting

Muffled shot is meh. You've got a lot of skills before it

Track mechanic. Super worth it at tier 8 or higher, where you aren't made of soggy yet flammable potato chips and will survive the 2 seconds of standing still before the tracks pop

Skills:

Mentor. Not recommended, due to it only useful if taken first, and you really, really needing other stuff ASAP Don't take mentor. Math says it's bad

Repairs only at tier 7 or above. You get tracked and you're dead anyway below that.

Clutch Braking. More useful at tier 8 and above

Off-road Driving. Your terrain resist is good, but it helps at high speed on rough terrain

Smooth Ride/Snap Shot. Combine with a stabilizer

Recon: More vision = more spotting

Situational Awareness. See above.

Jack of All Trades: Not recommended, as the commander is usually corpse #1 when you get shot at

DEPLOYING DUMPS #2 Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 56362 battles

It always seems people want to choose between optic or binoculars....use both and camo and be done.

MrWuvems #3 Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:20 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10629 battles

View PostDEPLOYING DUMPS, on 12 August 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

It always seems people want to choose between optic or binoculars....use both and camo and be done.

Combining binocs and optics is the fastest way to throw away an equipment spot while being simultaneously cripplingly over-specialized (you have... vision... and... nothing) and under-specialized (neither active nor passive). You ensure that you have no teeth and will still be out-performed by specialized lights for the given style (two equipment slots are wasted while moving, a light with a rammer or vents is just going to be better as a passive scout/harasser)

Alluminatti #4 Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Private

• Players
  • 7781 battles
Binocs and coated optics don't stack anyway.

DEPLOYING DUMPS #5 Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 56362 battles

via Imgflip Meme Maker

MrWuvems #6 Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10629 battles

View PostDEPLOYING DUMPS, on 15 August 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

And it's wrong because they spot no better than traditional active/passive scouts (worse if they use vents) while not being as combat effective.

MrWuvems #7 Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:53 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10629 battles
By unpopular demand, updated

KillerDNA #8 Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 49252 battles
  • [LIGHT]

just go active scouting. passive is so useless since most people either don't want to profit off your spots or they push up beyond your passive location anyway. Besides, active scouting gives you much more versatility when it comes to later in game where you can spot people in various places without having to sit for 3 seconds every 5 seconds of movement....

It's best to stay active too with all the superior mediums and such. Speed and camo are a light tanks best option and having a verticle stabelizer is going to help keep you alive longer for ensuring you get those shots on target while scooting away and those coated optics are gonna keep that target lit up longer while you relocate.

besides. if you're passive scouting and are spotted then your a sitting duck for someone to shoot at most times anyway.

my T71 setup for over 2k battles is - coated/vert/vents - coke/repair/100octane

losing a crew member sucks but I have jack of all trades and train pain tolerance in the meantime. Also your crew rarely gets knocked out so having health kit to save you every 1/50 battles doesn't sit well with me knowing I lose my performance from having coke and octane. I'd rather have the performance boost for 50 battles and deal with the rare crew member loss or fire.

Lycan T71 *** (Dot Dot Slash) / Cruiser Mk.II (Matilda Crusher) / Spähpanzer Ru 251 *** (Sucker Punch) / ELC AMX *** (Spider Ninji)

KV-2 ** (I'm a Derpaholic) / GwE-100 *** (Mighty Mammut) / FV304 *** (BERT the Daredevil) / S-51 *** (Finger of Death)

Light Tank Master Race 

Orbtastic1 #9 Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 42741 battles
  • [UK]
Wet ammo rack, the entire US autoloader line is a giant ammo rack easily penned from the front.

KillerDNA #10 Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 49252 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostOrbtastic1, on 03 September 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

Wet ammo rack, the entire US autoloader line is a giant ammo rack easily penned from the front.

if only it decreased the chance of getting racked. yet it only increases the HP of your rack. you can still technically get ammorack daamage the first shot you take every single game.

Lycan T71 *** (Dot Dot Slash) / Cruiser Mk.II (Matilda Crusher) / Spähpanzer Ru 251 *** (Sucker Punch) / ELC AMX *** (Spider Ninji)

KV-2 ** (I'm a Derpaholic) / GwE-100 *** (Mighty Mammut) / FV304 *** (BERT the Daredevil) / S-51 *** (Finger of Death)

Light Tank Master Race 

Orbtastic1 #11 Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 42741 battles
  • [UK]
Agreed, but in practice I found on tanks easily racked (IS3, US autoloaders, FCM, Tiger, Soviet T7/8 mediums) ammo rack damage/total rackage happens much less.

Nuke2099 #12 Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23956 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostLordKillerDNA, on 02 September 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

just go active scouting. passive is so useless since most people either don't want to profit off your spots or they push up beyond your passive location anyway. Besides, active scouting gives you much more versatility when it comes to later in game where you can spot people in various places without having to sit for 3 seconds every 5 seconds of movement....

It's best to stay active too with all the superior mediums and such. Speed and camo are a light tanks best option and having a verticle stabelizer is going to help keep you alive longer for ensuring you get those shots on target while scooting away and those coated optics are gonna keep that target lit up longer while you relocate.

besides. if you're passive scouting and are spotted then your a sitting duck for someone to shoot at most times anyway.

my T71 setup for over 2k battles is - coated/vert/vents - coke/repair/100octane

losing a crew member sucks but I have jack of all trades and train pain tolerance in the meantime. Also your crew rarely gets knocked out so having health kit to save you every 1/50 battles doesn't sit well with me knowing I lose my performance from having coke and octane. I'd rather have the performance boost for 50 battles and deal with the rare crew member loss or fire.

Recently got the T71 and have been doing meh in it. Mainly because when I try to flank there is always some tank waiting for me and also people love to yolo me (this thing stock sucked!). Running your same equipment setup but for consumables I went with small and large repair kit and a auto extinguisher since this thing lights up and after getting tracked when I have already repaired the tracks got me killed once so screw the first aid.
lQqtvt1.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users