I had the pleasure of playing both maps yesterday and today ( lucky me :) ) and they are both excellent maps.
The terrain of the map is plain, filled with marshes: and some of them are not passable. Nevertheless, a tanker would easily find the right way by the color of the soil and presence of trees on it. Eventually, this map is a real paradise for players. It has splendid landscapes, a typical American town, a factory area, a rail way station with the bridges. Although the map has no hills or rocks to cover behind them, there are multiple roughs and combs. It is better to play at high settings to see all the beauties of the map as it even has a marvelous cotton field on it.
Map suggested strategy.
In the middle of the map, there is a lake, which is quite considerable in its size. In the North-Western part of the map, there is a city and, on the South-Western side, there is a railway bridge. On the map, there are only two directions of attack - through the railway bridge and across the city. The city ensures heavy tanks with protection against artillery fire, whereas the bridge allows for a quick attack, with medium tanks, on the enemy base.
- The scouts' task is to spot tanks in the city and on the bridge, to make quick fire, from tank destroyers, possible.
- The task of the medium tanks is to attack the enemy base through the railway bridge. This attack is based, mainly on sticking out from behind a natural obstacle, taking a shot at the tank highlighted by the scout and hiding again to reload. Medium tanks can also help the squad in the city, but this is recommendable only if you are at an advantage there, and the way through the bridge is well-guarded.
- Heavy tanks should secure the city, as quickly as possible, where they can hide from artillery fire.
- TDs should keep left side of the map (as shown above) to be able to hit targets on both the city and the railway.
Port is an urban map that as the name suggests it includes a port with high buildings and highway bridges. Much cover for tanks, a difficult map for artillery.
*Please note that this map was removed from the PC version due to allegedly advantage in spawning on the south spawn.
Map suggested strategy.
- Snipers and passive scouts do have very long sight lines available to them from the highways but they will be exceedingly exposed as there aren't any bushes up there. .
- Artillery is hampered by the same obstacles tanks are here but also have the irritation of not being able to aim in the shadow of bridges. Expect the enemy to take advantage of this frequently.
- Highly mobile tanks will enjoy quite an advantage in the maze of steel and concrete on the North and South edges but this comes at the expense of snipers and artillery.
- Heavy brawlers are highly favored here.
Usually main fight is done at west part of the map, (C1 to G1) where there are buildings and the highway bridge and is good for heavy brawlers mostly OR very strong TDs. On the contrary the area to the east (G9 to K9) has some good terrain to shoot and cover useful for mediums and weaker armor tanks (like tier IX autoloaders). Arty must support any tanks entering the read area and the east (G9 to K9) part of the map. This map is not Arty friendly due to many hiding spots and cover.