Your "Did that really happen" moments.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

SKyMDX #41 Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [RIFP]

Had a "pissed my pants"/ "did that really happen" moment while driving my comet on Sandriver. Spawned south and headed up the middle sand dunes to take some shots on the enemies heading through the middle or mountains. Tiger tank came around the dunes to flank me, landed some shots on me and we both started evasive maneuvers. What proceeded was almost like a dance of death, both of us moving back and forth, rotating and shooting each other. I was bouncing almost every shot he was sending my way, and I finally took him down after what seemed like forever, curse the low alpha damage. Could not believe I came out alive and with at least 1/4 of my life remaining (actually I can't remember how much health I had left).

Some wise words from Quickybaby: "You are the only constant factor in your games. So your win ratio over a large number of rounds is going to be completely dependent on your skill as a player to influence the outcome of the match."

De4thSt4lker206 #42 Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11483 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostxX82XxKill3rElk, on 02 November 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

A while ago, i was in a Rhm-B waffentrager and i may have bounced a shot from a cromwell. I also bounced a couple of shots with the waffentrager Pz IV.

a while ago i was in a t54 and bounced off of the broadside of a conq 3 times, taking his tracks for no damage on the first, plain bouncing the 2nd and 3rd.... later that game the same thing happened with a borsig. tracks ate it, bounced, killed him..... even more fitting, that was the game i got the "this is world of tanks" achievment

Edited by De4thSt4lker206, 04 December 2014 - 03:09 PM.

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

Putnam x #43 Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

Private

• Players
  • 9215 battles
  • [DEEP]

Himmelsdorf,  Encounter

Game starts

Get 2 kills 

End up last alive on my team 

Ten enemies left

Im in my AMX 50 120 (87% health left)

-Tissue paper for armor, more mobile than a damn hummingbird, 120 mm gun that hits harder than Rocky with four shots a clip, top speed that makes Ferraris [edited]their pants 

Crap, they are capping

Im on top by the castle, they only have 6 seconds left to win

They leave the cap to come kill me

The poor fools

Two wild T-69's appear at the crest of the hill in front of me. Both at less than 10%

Bang, Bang. 4 kills

Rush don the hill, two shots left. 

Bang, Bang. Ammo rack IS and light amx 12 t on fire. He dies

6 kills

Turn corner cackling like Jack the Ripper at an all girls school

I didnt chose thug life, it chose me

6 people left: I spot a lone JPanzer. From the side

aaaawwwwww yis

Bang. Tracked him. Bang, 2% health left 

Bang arty blows my ammo

Turret flies off as crew is instantly incinerated 

FAK ARTY, throw controller with enough force to upset the cosmos. 

Get a message from M55 driver: 'U wot m8?' 

*Fin

SM Scorx #44 Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13195 battles

Map: Mines - Standard Battle

Tank: Panzer II

Medals: Confederate

Ribbons:

Enemy Damaged (x52)

Enemy Spotted (x4)

Tank Destroyed (x5)

Spotted Target Hit (x3)

Critical Hit (x7)

Enemy Tanks:

T2 Medium - 11 Damage

UC 2-pdr - 82 Damage, Destroyed

T57 - Spotted, 65 Damage

FT AC - Spotted, 74 Damage

Cruiser I - Spotted, 17 Shared Damage, 11 Damage

PanzerJäger I - 41 Shared Damage, 79 Damage, Destroyed

T18 - 81 Damage

Panzer II - 84 Damage

T2 Light - Spotted

Panzer II - 11 Damage, Destroyed

T1E6-X - 41 Damage, Destroyed

T2 Light - 16 Damage, Destroyed

One of best games with my Panzer II.

Un tanque... grrrande!

- Church, Red vs. Blue Episode 19

I would list the tanks in my garage, but my massively growing Tank Division won't allow it.

Hasbroh #45 Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15436 battles

On Prokhorovka I was hull down in my FV215b one time and theirs only two of us left (1 on each team, enemy is also in a FV215b). Neither of us had any health and we could one shot each other at the right moment. So I'm sitting there waiting for him to come at me so I can kill him.... than this happens. He's coming at me full speed, keep in mind hes hitting bumps/ditches in the ground so his tank is jumping all over the place, anyways, whilst he's coming at me, he shoots and pens the very top of my turret whilst going full speed and hitting all those little bumps/ditches in the ground... 

It was beyond me how he managed to get a lucky shot at the very top of my turret AND pen it. I could have sat there for hours, sitting still, with a Premium round loaded, aiming perfectly at the weak spot and I promise you, 99.99% chance it would have ricocheted. When it happened, I just put down my controller and went outside. I've never seen anything so stupid in my entire life. 

Groovy

SlummyZeru #46 Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 8708 battles
  • [KMD]
taking on 7 tanks solo in e2 on westfield and winning while shells are raining on my tank then wondering if what just happened was a dream

o.o

xxxFumpsxxx #47 Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 835 battles

My first ever game, I was bumbling around minding my own business, trying to get used to driving my little light MS-1 tank & wasn't really doing a good job of it.

then from one of the steep hills, one of the enemy slipped sideways down the slope to my left & knackered his tracks.

He was stuck sideways & couldn't turn his turret around to shoot me. All I had was the top of his hull facing me & a big grin on my face I just pumped shot after shot into him until he blew up. Although I got killed straight after......My first game & I get a kill.

I did three laps of honor around my living room laughing. :D

I will hurt them with Boomy goodness!

:izmena:

Twiztid Bowels #48 Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38204 battles
  • [BNKR]
I usually get in a few rounds before work and this morning I was in a tier 2 game with a player - Killmatic4 - who immediately came straight at my t-18 and broadsided me the entire game. I started firing non stop after a few minutes telling him over the mic that I was trying to attract enemy arty to our position so maybe he would die, even if I went too.  Well, 2 arty shots later and he was dead, I survived with a hit and some splash. By then though the game was nearly over, we lost of course. Looking at his low stats explains it all, I think this is a regular thing of his in the 52 rounds he has played. Sadly, he is one of many trolls in this game.

monkeyCOWman #49 Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10299 battles

Had a really fun moment with my cent 7/1 1vs3 on himmelsdorf

2 pantherII and a pershing, all of them were platooned. All 3 of them charged straight at me, I'm completely solo (had a t-29 team-mate run away :angry:)

As these tanks charge the panthers somehow bounce every shot they take at me, I'm reversing killing the lead panther. the last panther tracks me the pershing goes to my rear, both tanks begin bouncing their shots. I then kill the last panther, its at this moment the last tank figures out how to shoot through my tank :sceptic:however I still manage to take him to 1/4 health before I'm destroyed.

I get that overall I lost that fight, but it was crazy how I hadn't died within the first 30sec. in the beginning of the encounter :amazed: and took down both panthers and almost killed the last tank. It was fun :playing:

Edited by monkeyCOWman, 10 December 2014 - 06:05 PM.

Garage: TOGII*, Excelsior, Matilda Black Prince, FV4202(P)^, CentennialT/95, Matilda, Cromwell^, Comet^^Centurion 7/1^, CenturionAX, T1E6X, T1E6X-X1, T7 CC, M22 Locust, Ram II, MTLS B, Pz38H, PzIID, PzIIJ, Pz T25, Hammer, FCM36pack40, AMX CDC^, BDR G1B^^, ARL 44^, AMX 50 100^, AMX 50 120, T-127, BT7A-R, BTSV, Matilda IV, SU76i, Motherland, Fatherland, Object 416^, Object 430-||,  The Nameless, Ke Ne, Chi-Ri^, STA-1^, Type 61^, Type 59^, Skoda T25, TVP, Strv m/42-57, L-60, Strv 74, 

*Elite*Premium*Grind*Tier 10*marks^*Bold(Favourite)

Twiztid Bowels #50 Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38204 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostTwiztidBarrel, on 10 December 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

I usually get in a few rounds before work and this morning I was in a tier 2 game with a player - Killmatic4 - who immediately came straight at my t-18 and broadsided me the entire game. I started firing non stop after a few minutes telling him over the mic that I was trying to attract enemy arty to our position so maybe he would die, even if I went too.  Well, 2 arty shots later and he was dead, I survived with a hit and some splash. By then though the game was nearly over, we lost of course. Looking at his low stats explains it all, I think this is a regular thing of his in the 52 rounds he has played. Sadly, he is one of many trolls in this game.

So tonight I had another troll encounter, two of them.  Name of Alert Colt in a platoon with Alert Cornholio.  So I am in the map at the beginning evaluating for the first 20-30 seconds, like a good tanker should (but I am NOT good, just average!). Anyway, I get intentionally broadsided by an idiot in a heavy who is waiting for his platoon buddy to load in, I am in the at2. He continues to mess with me for another couple minutes. I am ranting into the mic about him being a troll, and I apologize cause I know I dropped the F bomb twice.  That is why I am going to post all tags of trolls like this on this thread, not that it makes a difference in any way other than I get a little frustration out. Hope you all do the same.  The first moron was THEBANANA10.  He was in a td, I in my t2Light. I was a rocks throw from death, but still trying to spot, ducking behind a building, peeking out.  When ole' banana decided to move up and lick my butt in his td and use me for a meat shield.  NOT. I moved, returned the favor, just for a few secs, then sped away to the other side.

WirePaladin52 #51 Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17289 battles
I was in a Tiger II heading south on the center path in Lakeview when a light tank tried to squeeze past me on my left side, thinking to take me out from behind. I rotated to the right so my left rear and hip checked him off the road and into the lake. Laughed so hard that I didn't mind getting torched a second later.

Block Quote

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Mark Twain

xxxFumpsxxx #52 Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 835 battles

Last night I was matched against Tier 2 & 3 enemies while I was in my little Tier 1 Ms1. I took up position in the bombed out village opposite to the enemies spawn point & took some shots at the red team who I was spotting happily but could not penetrate any of the tanks I was firing at. I knew I was in trouble as I'd turned up to a gun fight with a bucket of harsh words..... :amazed:......Not good!!!

I was doing pretty well evading arty fire and keeping them spotted when I suddenly realized that the sneaky red team had come up the steep hill & was about to engulf me. I tried to head back to the greens starting point but noticed that there were already covering the road, so after taking a few extremely hard hits, I broke cover & my tiny little MS1 (I call him Dudeski) went shooting down the valley wall faster than it's little wheels could carry me, whilst continually under a hail of fire coming from every perceivable direction on the map......I still have no idea how I got into the safety of the buildings in the valley bottom. :hiding:

I only had 2% health left  & could not even take a near miss......I just sat behind a building wondering how I didn't manage to break my tracks off

I'm thinking a had a fair few witness as a few on my team sent me a few "Awesome" messages lol :izmena:

That by far is the funniest thing that has happened to me since starting to play WOT.....That little MS1 went like a rocket,

I will hurt them with Boomy goodness!

:izmena:

Supersoldier ZW #53 Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3728 battles
I was on Widepark encounter with my T71 moving up the left side having spawned in the city, I approached the ridge to take a peek when a tier VIII Russian TD comes zooming over the ridge. i start to go back down to safety when i see him leading me, so i hit it in reverse and start moving to the left of him, reversing up the slope around him as he attempts to aim at me. I manage to get past his side while reversing and as I start to put rounds in him his buddy put a shot in me taking my health down to 2/3 remaining. me and my allies take him down when a T32 bounds over the ridge and hits me, taking my health to 1/4 remaining, then as i skirt past him he rams me taking out my treads which i quickly repair, he then fires a tad early missing me, i circle him and as i do he narrowly misses another shot. finally i bring him down after getting scrapped again by another ram when i shot his engine lighting him on fire.

Maniakkid25 #54 Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24584 battles

When I was in my ELC, I bounced a 90 mm shell off the hull of a Hellcat. When I had it flat-on. Yeah.

Thought it's worked both ways; I've bounced shells off my ELC (somehow). Overmatching? WHAT'S THAT?!

I can help you win a match. Just don't expect me to survive it.

PLK180W #55 Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles
Westfield,  two incidents,  same game, first, a red M4 comes burning up the hill, through the hedges straight into the sights of 6 mixed heavies and mediums who must have all hit the trigger at the same time (didn't end well for the Sherman), then, last Red remaining, Panzer 1c, running for his life at full speed,  hits a ditch and flies into the air straight in front of my doucepanzer,  hit him in mid air and he landed,  a flaming wreck!
Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

Armadiller45 #56 Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8105 battles
Best game ever last night in my T-62A on Abbey manage to get to monastery and start taking potshots on tanks then when I'm around half my hitpoints left a E-75 and a VK.45B think it gonna be a easy kill.... boy were they wrong my friendly Conqarvan (stock Conqueror) was up there with me and went ahead first and faced the full wrath of a full health E-75 face hugging so he died fast but while this happened I ran though the two and started the circle of death on the VK.45B and started to circle him to death only took one shot that did damage to me right before the VK died the E-75 came over to help his dying friend. I then kill the VK and turn to fight the E-75 and first shot damages his ammo rack and I proceed to then start the circle of death he ended up hiting and taking me down to 47 hitpoints and I that I'm done for but he's on a one hit he hits my turret BOUNCES and I then finish him of and head to the cap with my last reaming teammate a Object 704 to cap for the win but right before we cap and win a GW Tiger P blind shots into the cap and kills me and I was in awe of what happens and the reds ended up capping instead.  

"The Man Who Likes Awful Tanks" In My Garage: E50M, T-62A, Batchat 25t, FV4202, M48 Patton, T-54, Obj.416, FV207, WZ-132, T29, WZ-131, T37, ELC AMX, Chaffee, Matilda, 

Premium Tanks: Super Pershing, T-34-88, AMX Chaffee, Type 64, Pz. IV Hydrostat, Pz. II J, Locust, Pz. 38H, T1E6X-1, T7 Combat Car 

Canis Lupus1994 #57 Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10885 battles

I was driving my S51 in El Halluf. As a t95 has spotted and begann turning towarrds my team mates I aimed ccarefully shot and blew him away with 1 Shot(-1700 HP for him). My first thought was OMFG did i really just do that??? i scored 5400 damage points in that Tier 9 match(S51 => Tier 7) Strangely the average combat distance between me and the other team was 900+ .

On a nother occasion i hit a E100 with my Unicorn and pumped 1000 damage points into him(same thought =>OMFG did i do that?)

Edited by XGNmangeli, 20 January 2015 - 12:57 PM.

Renagade655 #58 Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:31 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3965 battles

using my arty, just the tier five American tank I managed to knock a tank off a bridge with one of my shells, I died cause I was to busy laughing to notice the light that came up on me,  couldn't believe I knocked him off a bridge, did only like 150 damage, but he took another 100 for falling lol

K.O.H.

Renagade655 #59 Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3965 battles

View PostTwiztidBarrel, on 17 December 2014 - 04:00 AM, said:

So tonight I had another troll encounter, two of them.  Name of Alert Colt in a platoon with Alert Cornholio.  So I am in the map at the beginning evaluating for the first 20-30 seconds, like a good tanker should (but I am NOT good, just average!). Anyway, I get intentionally broadsided by an idiot in a heavy who is waiting for his platoon buddy to load in, I am in the at2. He continues to mess with me for another couple minutes. I am ranting into the mic about him being a troll, and I apologize cause I know I dropped the F bomb twice.  That is why I am going to post all tags of trolls like this on this thread, not that it makes a difference in any way other than I get a little frustration out. Hope you all do the same.  The first moron was THEBANANA10.  He was in a td, I in my t2Light. I was a rocks throw from death, but still trying to spot, ducking behind a building, peeking out.  When ole' banana decided to move up and lick my butt in his td and use me for a meat shield.  NOT. I moved, returned the favor, just for a few secs, then sped away to the other side.

From what I understand you are not allowed to post names of other players on here, im not admin or anything but id be more carefull...or just don't do it in the future

K.O.H.

THRASHER78 #60 Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9305 battles
  • [TRAX]
Recently i bounced 2 shells in my UE-57 against a S35. It was hilarious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users