Your "Did that really happen" moments.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Quinnstonerock #61 Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:29 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30888 battles
  • [CLGUY]
T95 in a tier ten game, shot at a tiger 2 backing down a hill, and the not full zoomed in shot went low....... straight into the ammo rack of a t-44 I didn't even know was there. I had to check at the end of the match and yup, the damage was 1400. idk know if he was moving or not at the time because that would have been so lucky. luckiest shot I ever got :)
Play arty safe

SKyMDX #62 Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:22 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [RIFP]

Kv-2 vs Kv-2 on live oaks last night, we meet in the city part of the map, him on one side of the street and me on the other side. Fired my shot first and I landed one straight in his face, BOOM 810 damage. It wasn't even an ammo rack, just straight damage, wasn't expecting to pen.

Some wise words from Quickybaby: "You are the only constant factor in your games. So your win ratio over a large number of rounds is going to be completely dependent on your skill as a player to influence the outcome of the match."

Niles Y93 #63 Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10040 battles
Was on Arctic Region (standard battle) in my M40/M43 the other night and my team spotted a few tanks. I aimed at a Tiger I and fired. It missed the Tiger but then the "I just killed someone" notification came up. I was wondering wth when the burning hulk of who I killed popped up. It was a Bert. Afterwards i messaged the guy telling him that I was aiming for the Tiger. No response yet.

Lorenzo Bandini #64 Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

Private

• Players
  • 23405 battles
Ensk (Encounter Battle). In a Tiger I with 3 Kills, last one left with 3 capping and an arty out there somewhere. Take out one medium and two heavy's in the cap. Start capping and get hit by arty and start circling the cap. With just less than 30 seconds left, arty shows-up, I am, fire…..and so does arty. We shot at exactly the same time and the game closes in a draw!

Earth Grael #65 Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:51 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 4579 battles

This one is rather old and is one of those moments that i always look back on an think "now how the heck did that happen?" and occurred before the platoon level update, so here is what happened.

So the map was west field and I was in my tier V american arty, and my platoon consisted of a Tiger II and the T32, and all I could think was that I wont be able to do much to help the team and that I won't get a single kill and even if i hit someone it wont make much of a difference since I was a tier V arty in an tier IX-X match. As the match progressed one of my allies spotted a heavy tank, forgot what it was but it was a tier VIII, and I turned to fire. Now here is where everything went wrong from an arty stand point, this guy noticed that I was a tier V arty and decided that he would push my tank around and screw up my shot, which he did and I was angry... for about one second. what had happened was that I fired just as the ring began to expand and the shot missed the target completely, and the shot flew far to the left of the heavy. Funny part: my tier V arty killed the enemy tier IX in one shot (landed inside the tank and damaged: the gun, ammo rack, and one other module and did ~500 hp worth of damage[*]), which lead to about 5 or 6 hate messages and one of them said they would report me for cheating and after the hate mail i got a message from one of my allies saying "nice shot" and my platoon was laughing about how that guy tried to bully a lower tier and had it backfire one them. 

[*] note: I saw the damage via the post game carnage report (for that update) and it said I got three critical damage ribbons and a damage medal. Also I could not pirece anyone in that match, all the rounds bounced off since my arty was stock during that match. 

It's not a question of win or loose, it's determination and team work. Also helps to have a friend with you

Khyran Storm #66 Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:43 AM

Private

• Players
  • 15962 battles
One of my 'wth?' moments happened while being the only light tank (a crusader) on my team. Erlenburg, came down towards a bridge to duck and dodge, do some spotting, etc. A Chi-To decided he didn't like that very much and charged me. I dropped back into the river just as he fired, his shot going over my head. We then circled around each other, this time he was in the water. I didn't miss, though- I killed his engine, and I watched him slowly drown.... all I could think was 'dude, did that really just happen?' :/
Livin' La Vida Nerda!

zombanator3000 #67 Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16506 battles
  • [HUMP]
One shot a Hellcat while we both were running down the valley in El Halluf; i just auto aimed on them and fired cause i had nothing better to do and i landed and ammo-racked him because you all know that the KV2's 152mm with HE really needs the added help of the ammo-rack explosion to finish of any hellcat you hit anywhere other then the tracks...... But i was awesome.... i wish the turret would have blown off so i could scream "Off with you head Mr. Hellcat!!!:izmena:", and begin a extreme amount of laughter.:teethhappy:

Swiggidy swooty I'm coming for dat arty booty

MCProGamer1 #68 Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2935 battles

I was on el halluf in my m4 Sherman. I was the only one left on my team and on the enemy team the only one left was a KV-2. So I'm driving along the ridge and suddenly a shell bounces off of my turret. Let me remind you that the only enemy tank left was a KV-2.

AP firing KV-2 for the win :D. I had 793 potential damage taken according to the post game results screen:D.

Tanks I currently own: T7 Car, T1E6-X1, Tetrarch, Pz. S35, M41 HMC, M4A3E8, TOG ll, SU-100Y, T29, Jagdpanther, M26 Pershing

grohlers78 #69 Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15153 battles
Snap shot a KV-1S in my KV-1S (fully upgraded) he was at full health the game had only been a minute in, ammo racked him to 3/4 health and set him on fire which finished him off so a one shot kill (felt bad sent him a sorry message) but it was a great start to the night.

ATOMIC DORITO #70 Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9488 battles

When Stalin really wants you to derp the capitalist scum 

Edited by ATOMIC DORITO, 16 April 2015 - 08:54 PM.

DatTrollinSpy #71 Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5410 battles
  • [KMD]
Some time ago, I managed to one shot derp a full health T1 heavy tank with my KV-1's 122 howitzer on Sand River.

"The Force will be with you, always." - Obi-wan Kenobi 

Member of the 232nd Kuromorimine Mechanized Division

JAG THE GEMINI #72 Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 64245 battles
  • [UNIC-]
I ammo racked an indian panzer in my ISU 152 for 1152 damage today. :trollface:

My youtube channel:https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

ATOMIC DORITO #73 Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9488 battles
Off-topic, How do I increase my EFF stats as my current EFF stat lies in the good range where as my wn8 is great? 

ATOMIC DORITO #74 Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9488 battles
Ignore my last post

View PostATOMIC DORITO, on 17 April 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

Off-topic, How do I increase my EFF stats as my current EFF stat lies in the good range where as my wn8 is great? 

keredlo #75 Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16238 battles

View PostPalantas, on 29 August 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Gotta practice your speed reload!

ahahaha! I've mastered the art of speed reloading my controller.:teethhappy:
Cometh the hour, cometh the man.          Bacon not eaten is bacon you don't need.

Chikknsnot #76 Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2360 battles

I was playing Pz. II tier 2 on Lakeville. Some idiot pushed me into the lake. I drowned, so I switched cameras to our M7 Priest. He was sitting near the lake's edge. A red light tries to shoot him, so he reversed, right into the lake. One of our allies went over trying to kill the guy he thought killed our arty who actually suicide, and he flies towards the red trying to ram him, misses, and drives into the lake. Another ally tries to get up close and personal with that red, and he gets pushed into the lake. :teethhappy: 4 allies drown in one match.

Another time I was in a platoon with 3 other guys. One of them says to this one guy in a M3 Lee in our platoon to fall back at the start. Thus, the rest of us start sending "Fall back!" messages to him over and over, so he did. It was on Erlenberg. He drove into the water on purpose, but then he realized that, s***, I'm about to drown, so he tries to drive out, but one of our guys pushed him in the water! I must have been funny when guys who aren't even in our platoon are saying "fall back!" and are pushing him into the water. I think like 6 tanks were pushing him in by the time he died.

no

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users