WG attention.

Bacon clans training rooms

• Please log in to reply
361 replies to this topic

Poll: Training rooms? (533 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Training rooms?

1. Yes (489 votes [91.74%])

Percentage of vote: 91.74%

2. No (44 votes [8.26%])

Percentage of vote: 8.26%

Vote Hide poll

dI Atticus Ib #81 Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 6570 battles
We need a lot more votes than this! Come on guys!

Bad players go where they want. Good players go where they are needed!

Nfinitum #82 Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6368 battles
I cant believe they didn't implement Private matches from the start how is one supposed to discover the full map potential and tank characteristics with out a place to test them with out getting shot at this will also improve players by giving them a chance to learn things when not under pressure and might even improve player skill on a broad basis.

WN8: 3073.54 WN7: 2106.27 EFF: 1804

Silent D95 #83 Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [KMD]
Good to see the community getting involved

Silent Senpai/Raj's Waifu/PC Master Race/Homura Did Nothing Wrong/Secret Uni/Purveyor of Nep/The Lewd Mage/Pleb/His Royal Lurkness The First/Sarcasm Dispenser/Dragon and Science's waifu/Destroyer of Threads/Masochist/Japanese Warship Player/Lord of the Death Star/Neko/Messiah of Beards/Lover of Lace and Czech Tanks/RP Fan/Lewd Platoon Member/Shogunate of Destruction/Phantom/Shortcake/Sith Lord/Amateur Writer of Satire/Crazy Dutch-German Tanker/Mortal Enemy of Arty.(Templar Silent) "UNLIKE YOU I'M A [edited] PHOENIX , I WILL RISE FROM THE [edited] ASHES TO PUT YOU IN THE [edited] DIRT!!- Vegeta. "Juvenes erant Sparte muros el hastes fines eius." 

TKoddaL33 #84 Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23775 battles
WG, we're counting on you.

"SPEED IS THE ESSENCE OF WAR" - Sun Tzu

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists." - Nikola Telsa

xXCMV74Xx #85 Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11019 battles
  • [LESTE]

good idea, but I think that perhaps may be of interest only to players who are passionate about the game, and players who are passionate about the game, do not need that much room for training to learn tactics and game mechanics, because they learn by playing normally and coming to obtain information on the forum.

all the others will not import anything. the best thing is getting to be a guide, or to be a guide for players who meet. players with a good mentality of the team and who know how  to play are not very difficult to spot, very often are the ones who are still alive and who know how to try to win, or know how to try not to lose

no more thx 4 tanks WG!

Metalrodent #86 Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10186 battles
  • [KMD]
It would be of interest to casual players because it allows private matches of sort - a lot of people just want to be able to play with their friends

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif' href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...sCeAbYa.gif</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...bYa.gif</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...gif</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>

There’s a mask upon my face
I can’t live without
So you won’t recognize me
When I am in the crowd

thedragonsmeow #87 Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23085 battles
  • [U-MAD]

If its a money issue for WG to get a separate server online for training purposes (or whatever else it takes), why not make it a premium member privilege? It would be a way that WG could stand a chance at making more money and fund the project. Seems like a fair enough trade off to get a perk like testing out maps or testing out tanks and strategies. 

If we can get dummy tanks or computer tanks, maybe we could have a selection menu for what tier(s) you would like the enemies to be and the computer will select randomly from the tech tree. 

thedragonsmeow #88 Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23085 battles
  • [U-MAD]

View PostxXCMV74Xx, on 18 August 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

good idea, but I think that perhaps may be of interest only to players who are passionate about the game, and players who are passionate about the game, do not need that much room for training to learn tactics and game mechanics, because they learn by playing normally and coming to obtain information on the forum.

all the others will not import anything. the best thing is getting to be a guide, or to be a guide for players who meet. players with a good mentality of the team and who know how  to play are not very difficult to spot, very often are the ones who are still alive and who know how to try to win, or know how to try not to lose

Wrong. Players can be passionate about the game and still want to perfect strategies and gain skills for playing the game. It would be especially useful to test out maps to find out how to best navigate them.

Prozog #89 Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7010 battles

View Postthedragonsmeow, on 18 August 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

If its a money issue for WG to get a separate server online for training purposes (or whatever else it takes), why not make it a premium member privilege? It would be a way that WG could stand a chance at making more money and fund the project. Seems like a fair enough trade off to get a perk like testing out maps or testing out tanks and strategies. 

If we can get dummy tanks or computer tanks, maybe we could have a selection menu for what tier(s) you would like the enemies to be and the computer will select randomly from the tech tree. 

It should not be, any server company would run the game free and you and I could lease that server from them. They make the $$ from server rentals. Not from charging game companies to run their games. I believe.

OGxSILENTxKiLLa #90 Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10833 battles
I am posting this in support of the Op's opinion.  Training rooms, combined with a good "World of Tanks 360 Wiki" would be the single most benificial feature for producing a knowledgable player.  In my view, a more knowledgable 360 player base only hastens WG360 towards its stated goal for becoming the "Premier WOT gameplay experience".

"This gun is an ordinary 76mm but we add this piece of pipe onto it, and the Krauts think, like, maybe its a  90mm.  We got our own ammunition, it's filled with paint.  When we fire it, it makes ..pretty pictures.  Scares the Hell outta People.  We have a loudspeaker here, and when we go into battle we play music very loud. 
It kind of     ...calms us down."

Acysbib #91 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26360 battles
  • [SMOKN]

I would LOVE to be able to pull people into training rooms and SHOW them how things worked, HOW to sidescrape effectively, How to hull down... Most people don't know these things STILL... Show them WHERE to hide parts of their tanks so they can get the most out of it.

Training rooms is something I've advocated from day One of my joining the Forums.. (Albeit not that long ago, but hey, I gotta start somewhere...)

I would love to get on mic with someone on my team and when they start to complain about something urge them to join a party with me or something so we can platoon up and I can show them what they did wrong or what happened in that situation.

Personally, I want the Title of WoT Guru... Been a Guru of many other things because I have found I get the most joy out of helping people learn, or solving problems. If Training rooms were around I would likely spend about 2/9'th of my time training other people... and perhaps 1/9'th training myself. The other 2/3 beware OpFor..

Here's a LINKY to my General tanking guide. Feel free to take a look.

InfilTraitor69 #92 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostJonnyC0mbat, on 18 August 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

They could always opt to allow clans to pay for their own server?  I know when Battlefield 3 offered this, me an my mates jumped on it and clubbed together to rent a server for 6 months.

Was it HC Metro Rush 500 Tickets 24/7? If so I haunted that server 

Silent D95 #93 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [KMD]
Bump

Silent Senpai/Raj's Waifu/PC Master Race/Homura Did Nothing Wrong/Secret Uni/Purveyor of Nep/The Lewd Mage/Pleb/His Royal Lurkness The First/Sarcasm Dispenser/Dragon and Science's waifu/Destroyer of Threads/Masochist/Japanese Warship Player/Lord of the Death Star/Neko/Messiah of Beards/Lover of Lace and Czech Tanks/RP Fan/Lewd Platoon Member/Shogunate of Destruction/Phantom/Shortcake/Sith Lord/Amateur Writer of Satire/Crazy Dutch-German Tanker/Mortal Enemy of Arty.(Templar Silent) "UNLIKE YOU I'M A [edited] PHOENIX , I WILL RISE FROM THE [edited] ASHES TO PUT YOU IN THE [edited] DIRT!!- Vegeta. "Juvenes erant Sparte muros el hastes fines eius." 

xXCMV74Xx #94 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11019 battles
  • [LESTE]

View Postthedragonsmeow, on 18 August 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

Wrong. Players can be passionate about the game and still want to perfect strategies and gain skills for playing the game. It would be especially useful to test out maps to find out how to best navigate them.

okay, it's your opinion and I respect it, but I repeat:

players who would, in my opinion they are a minority.
we're talking about console users, not pc users.

users that if they have a different gameplay from cod and the like, shouting "this sucks" and do not waste time less than two minutes. I read with my own eyes from people who have tried wot about 360, which was full of bugs. "The most serious is that the shapes of the tanks that when you hide behind a rock or a house, then disappear." or that "tanks that climb everywhere are ridiculous, you can not see" ... are the same people who are exalted to "the realism of cod" and the quick scope ...

to those who like the game, the best tutorial is the battlefield and the forum. try the maps with the BOT, it is not the same thing as playing them with other players

no more thx 4 tanks WG!

GunManiac25 #95 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5895 battles
I wonder this poll would truly amount to change? Oh well, lets hope they do give us a training rooms. Hopefully with solo play play and co-op play to train with your friends.

Playertd #96 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21551 battles

Not sure what is more irritating, WG not wanting to implement private matches, or that 12 idiots voted no.

Either way this needs to happen WG...bump...

4HPMvmm.jpg

TKoddaL33 #97 Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23775 battles
Those 12 don't even know what training room is. They probably think it's just a thing to teach others how to play, but its for having fun with friends that you can't in 7 man platoon. For say 15v15 all friends or even better us forumers. Teaching will be utilized by clans anyways. If you like public matches then you can play those and rage.

"SPEED IS THE ESSENCE OF WAR" - Sun Tzu

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists." - Nikola Telsa

Silent D95 #98 Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [KMD]
Bump

Orbit Storm #99 Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6464 battles

I don't have much to add aside from a "+1" as Royce covered most of my sentiments in the OP, most importantly, Training Rooms affording just that.. training (something a large majority of this community sorely needs).

I find it difficult to believe that this would be a complicated feature to add considering we already have the standard in-game tutorial. That's not enough though, simply because it doesn't teach players the maps, the mechanics of using a myriad of different strategies, and it certainly doesn't lend to acclimating to a specific role.

Training Rooms are a must.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

» He obviously was not toilet-trained correctly, which explains the stains on the floor of his cardboard box.

NukaColaLlama #100 Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11683 battles
As long as the support keeps up we'll get this feature, WG now knows how important it is to their community, I hope they make the right call and put it in.

Also tagged with Bacon, clans, training rooms

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users