• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Mucal1st #21 Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4526 battles

View PostGladiateSoup38, on 03 September 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

I will try out Optics.

Do you think Optics instead of Vents, or Optics instead of Vert Stab? Or is it a wash? 

On stats: I meant the whole lot of them, not just win rate.  I cannot consistently do enough damage nor get enough kills in the tank.  I feel like the damage-K/D issue is related to the win rate issue.  

Of course optics instead of ventilation. Vert. stab and rammer are untouchable on any tank :smile:

If you like we can platoon. Are you from US or EU? I'm from Germany so I play on EU server but NA East ist playable for me.

TangoLit #22 Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29362 battles
  • [BANE]

View PostMucal1st, on 03 September 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

Just a hint to GladiateSoup38 and TangoLit because you have imo poor stats with this tank.

I run rammer, vert. stab and optics.

Skills/Perks: 6th sense, repairs, BIA, recon, sit. awareness, camo, safe stowage

My playstyle:

It's a great tank to be a pain in the [edited]. You have to decide when to be aggressive and when to sit back. Use your view range.

At least half of my shots are not fully aimed at mid range. I use the superior aim time, ROF and accuracy. My highest priority at mid and long range is not to get shot. Let the enemy shoot clutch and poorly aimed shots. The play style is very similar to Comet.

btw with his playstyle I managed to do 8700 damage yesterday (not the first 8k+ game). The only damage I received was from a t54 driver who rushed me while using heat only. I enjoy this tank very much, slightly more than the t54 for example

This is great feedback.  Two requests though... (1) Will you please be more careful about citing people's stats?  You're dangerously close to "name and shame" here, though I'm about 90% sure that you're trying to be helpful.  But, the citations were an unnecessary addition.  We all know how to look up each others stats, thanks.  (2) ... and this is more important for keeping the conversations alive.  Next time please use the quote function.  I have my notices set to tell me that I'm being quoted... if you had quoted me, I would have known to come back to the thread.  As it is, it's just pure luck that I stumbled on this.  Just know I'm requesting you use quotes because I want to hear from you... I'm not upset or anything.  Thanks!

Now as to what you are saying about play style... man, this is great.  First of all, I think there's a lot of room for me to improve with how I play my FV4202.  I see it's strengths, but have yet to put it to work properly.  In addition, your recommendations combined with strong stats give me cause to look more into what I've been doing.  I tend to do decent damage for my team, but at the cost of getting killed.  I see your stats and am a bit mystified ... how are you staying alive yet doing solid damage, let alone 8k in damage?  I read what you're saying... it looks like the dynamic movement is the difference in what we're doing.  I move... you must be moving more... like, do you ever stop?  Well, when I'm ready to jump back in the 4202 I'll put the peddle down and see how it goes.

Here's something I do not understand.  First, the gun is accurate but the APCR does not pen at distance.  I'm sure you and I agree on that.  In any case, I don't use this gun for sniping... in fact I tend to pass on those shots since they bounce so much.  I see this tank and it's gun as a mid-range hill fighter.  Do you agree or disagree?  So this is where I don't get what you're saying about optics... why bother with Optics if you're not shooting at that distance anyway?  I'm not challenging your strategy, I'm trying to understand as it makes no sense to me?  How are your optics useful to you if not for sniping?  Good grief, don't tell me you snipe with it?!

For the conversation, here is what I use / carry.  I'd be interested in your thoughts on this set-up.  Areas for improvement?  Thanks!

• Ammo Consumables: 57 APCR, 5 premium HESH, 10 standard HESH (BTW, when do you use the two HESH options?)
  • Reg Consumables: Sm Repair, Lg Repair, Auto Fire
  • Crew: Mentor, Sixth Sense, BiA, Deadeye, Repairs, Camo
  • Equip: Rammer, Vents, Vertical Stabilizer (BTW I just switched Vents to Optics on your recommendation, though I'd like to know more about why)

Now I'm going back to re-read your several posts on this.  Thanks again.

Git gud here:  bit.ly/tankguide (I should read this).  On Track list.

8000 is better than 11090 - shaunw2010

Mucal1st #23 Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4526 battles

View PostTangoLit, on 03 September 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

This is great feedback.  Two requests though... (1) Will you please be more careful about citing people's stats?  You're dangerously close to "name and shame" here, though I'm about 90% sure that you're trying to be helpful.  But, the citations were an unnecessary addition.  We all know how to look up each others stats, thanks.  (2) ... and this is more important for keeping the conversations alive.  Next time please use the quote function.  I have my notices set to tell me that I'm being quoted... if you had quoted me, I would have known to come back to the thread.  As it is, it's just pure luck that I stumbled on this.  Just know I'm requesting you use quotes because I want to hear from you... I'm not upset or anything.  Thanks!

Now as to what you are saying about play style... man, this is great.  First of all, I think there's a lot of room for me to improve with how I play my FV4202.  I see it's strengths, but have yet to put it to work properly.  In addition, your recommendations combined with strong stats give me cause to look more into what I've been doing.  I tend to do decent damage for my team, but at the cost of getting killed.  I see your stats and am a bit mystified ... how are you staying alive yet doing solid damage, let alone 8k in damage?  I read what you're saying... it looks like the dynamic movement is the difference in what we're doing.  I move... you must be moving more... like, do you ever stop?  Well, when I'm ready to jump back in the 4202 I'll put the peddle down and see how it goes.

Here's something I do not understand.  First, the gun is accurate but the APCR does not pen at distance.  I'm sure you and I agree on that.  In any case, I don't use this gun for sniping... in fact I tend to pass on those shots since they bounce so much.  I see this tank and it's gun as a mid-range hill fighter.  Do you agree or disagree?  So this is where I don't get what you're saying about optics... why bother with Optics if you're not shooting at that distance anyway?  I'm not challenging your strategy, I'm trying to understand as it makes no sense to me?  How are your optics useful to you if not for sniping?  Good grief, don't tell me you snipe with it?!

For the conversation, here is what I use / carry.  I'd be interested in your thoughts on this set-up.  Areas for improvement?  Thanks!

• Ammo Consumables: 57 APCR, 5 premium HESH, 10 standard HESH (BTW, when do you use the two HESH options?)
  • Reg Consumables: Sm Repair, Lg Repair, Auto Fire
  • Crew: Mentor, Sixth Sense, BiA, Deadeye, Repairs, Camo
  • Equip: Rammer, Vents, Vertical Stabilizer (BTW I just switched Vents to Optics on your recommendation, though I'd like to know more about why)

Now I'm going back to re-read your several posts on this.  Thanks again.

It wasnt my intention to name and shame or anything like that. I did only mention your current stats with this one tank and wanted to say that Im sure you can do definitely much better than that.

My play style depends on the map. On most maps I spot in the first minutes. On maps like Prokhorovka I play the spotter and damage dealer the whole game.

If I take an aggressive spotting position I do not move to increase the camo. Other than that the tank is almost always on the move. I always try to flank and avoid going in a 1vs1 close combat early in the game because you will lose too much health.

With Optics, BIA, recon and sit. awareness your view range is 486 meters and with the camo skill your camo is 19% on the move (22% with paint). When you shoot your camo decreases to 5.3%. Be aware of that. This means that you will spot almost any tank at 400+ view range. This is one way to avoid getting shot. :smile:

This tank is best at a ridge line and long range. Why? Because you have better accuracy, penetration and aim time than your enemy. If you waste some shots, it is not a big deal, your ammo capacity is big enough. Premium APCR loses some penetration but it is not much and standard APCR loses even less (probably ~10% at 700 meters).

If I fight at mid range I first check if the enemy is aiming at me.

If yes I peek a bit (fast forward and backwards) so he shoots and miss. That is perfect because you can then aim and shoot him twice often before the enemy reloads.

It is really hard to describe because it is completely different on every map and situation. There are lots of videos on youtube (quickybaby for example)

To Hesh: I rarely use the premium Hesh. If I catch a TD in close combat I shoot standard hesh at his back if the armor is ~50mm and below. Other than that I shoot it at arty and the german Waffle line. 

My play style if not very special. It is a lot like quickybaby on youtube. Maybe I shouldn't have watched him so often. :tongue:

I cant show any videos of my games. The only way is to platoon or watch videos of players like quickybaby.

TangoLit #24 Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29362 battles
  • [BANE]

View PostMucal1st, on 03 September 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

-snip-

This is great.  Thanks for taking the time.  I specifically now understand your interest in the Optics.  I mounted them, so I'll give it a go.  As you saw I don't have Recon or Situational Awareness.  They'll be next.

You're right about Quickybaby too.  That guy understands the Centurion line.

GladiateSoup38 #25 Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26632 battles

View PostMucal1st, on 03 September 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Of course optics instead of ventilation. Vert. stab and rammer are untouchable on any tank :smile:

If you like we can platoon. Are you from US or EU? I'm from Germany so I play on EU server but NA East ist playable for me.

I would be up for platooning at some point. I usually play on NA East, but I have played on EU.   Time difference will be the only problem. I am in the Central US.

Genovezos #26 Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:03 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29602 battles
The E-50M is the best Tier X medium. Sell it and buy back your Centurion. E-50M is the only tier X medium thats worth the grind if you ask me

TangoLit #27 Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29362 battles
  • [BANE]

View PostGenovezos, on 06 September 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

The E-50M is the best Tier X medium. Sell it and buy back your Centurion. E-50M is the only tier X medium thats worth the grind if you ask me

Just curious about your point of view here, but have you played this game on the PC by any chance?  How about beta or testing... are you part of those groups?  Other than just playing the game (like me), do you have other experience with this game?  Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users