1.5 New Maps Official Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

I LuckyStrike I #21 Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12118 battles
Roughly 50 games played in two days and I've seen redshire once and the other twice. However now I see komarin and el halluf constantly. Both of which I despise. I would rather have those two maps removed for balancing as opposed to the ones that were.

CookieMan0 #22 Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:07 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14926 battles

Attackers' spawn on Assault on Siegfried Line is, frankly, awful.

Artillery can be nearly instantly spotted by a wandering enemy, and then killed easily by artillery, since you have no place to hide.

Garage at present: 71 tanks - 14 tier X - 35 premium

Precision Gaming member (B team AF) — follow me on Twitch and YouTube!

3 Marks of Excellence: VK16.02 Leopard, T-54, M103, M41 Bulldog

Dave ofthe Dale #23 Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10770 battles
I like the maps and played most versions of them.  The only observation I would make is on Siegfried Line assault in higher tears you get spotted far to soon if your defending.  In my medium it is not a problem as I have speed but the slower tanks have no chance to find cover before they're being hit.  Applies more to the left of the town as you look towards the open area.  Well done on the maps. Get rid of ensk, grrrrrr.

XxHonorless83xX #24 Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 2930 battles
  • [BULL3]
Played Redshire and it wasn't a bad Place to take a Walk or have a Picnic and some Wine with your Lady but it's also fun for Tanks with those Rolling Hills, though No Siegfried Line Yet.

Tanks In My Garage- U.S./French- T224 AMX Chaffee,T26E4 SUPER PERSHINGT26 Pershing, M-18 Hellcat, T-29, M-103, CHINESEType 59, GER-VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. A, PANZER V/IV, Tiger II, E-75, LOWE , JagPanther II, Stub Emil-Grinding, E-25, Dicker Max, 8,8 cm Pak 43 Jagtiger SOVIET- IS-3, T-43 & KV-220.

GeshmanXD #25 Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:42 AM

Private

• Players
  • 12872 battles
Siegfried Line is AWFUL... The open country is far too plain, yes the terrain slopes up and down a bit but there are no small hills to use as cover, no real clusters of bushes or rocks, and don't even get me started on the friggin dragon's teeth...
Can't believe 'Wide Park', 'Westfield', and 'Sand River' have been removed yet this monstrosity was deemed good enough. Redshire is very nice though.

Edited by GeshmanXD, 02 October 2014 - 01:44 AM.

BumperPuppet #26 Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:00 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12610 battles
Loved Westfield, just learned ARctic Region, and Widepark was a brawlers delight.  Can you define maps being changed?  Making them better- hint bigger- is fine but to just lose them is [edited].  We need the variety, period.

Chameleon314 #27 Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15319 battles

View PostGeshmanXD, on 02 October 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

Siegfried Line is AWFUL... The open country is far too plain, yes the terrain slopes up and down a bit but there are no small hills to use as cover, no real clusters of bushes or rocks, and don't even get me started on the friggin dragon's teeth...
Can't believe 'Wide Park', 'Westfield', and 'Sand River' have been removed yet this monstrosity was deemed good enough. Redshire is very nice though.

That's what I was trying to say before.A couple bigger hills or a few more bunkers in open area would be great. The "dragon teeth" as you call it shouldn't go down the entire length of 1/2 of the map. There should be more openings and they should look bigger so it doesn't seem like a tank could just roll over them.

View PostBumperPuppet, on 02 October 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:

Loved Westfield, just learned ARctic Region, and Widepark was a brawlers delight.  Can you define maps being changed?  Making them better- hint bigger- is fine but to just lose them is [edited].  We need the variety, period.

We barely got to play on arctic region and it's gone. I thought arctic region was fairly even matched for all tank classes.

dirk bullet #28 Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21367 battles

I fail to understand why any maps have been removed.  The remaining maps are a clutter of narrow passages and urban warfare with few exceptions. it has become frustrating to use any tank destroyer without a rotating turret and artillery that I spent months grinding for are mostly useless. The Maps are the GAME and due to the fact that EVERY match is random we cannot choose what map we take our tanks on it has become much less fun. If I play battlefield or other on-line shooters i play maps and modes that I like to play , not ones which the game designers decide they want me to play.

. I've also spent more actual cash on this game than any other game ever in 30 years of gaming and I still can't choose what map I wish to play on or which maps to avoid. I Probably will not buy any more premium  time or tanks. 

MileEater #29 Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5864 battles

The new maps look to be exciting, but I really don't know.  In 50 games, I've played Redshire and Siegfried four times total, none of them in my favorite tank that I am grinding, the T71.  That tank is being punished for some reason with a majority of Mountain Pass and Port games.  I've even played my most hated map (Himmelsdorf) more times than Redshire and Siegfried put together.  If I want to play the new maps, I can't do it in my favorite tank.

The new maps are too scarce and the maps I'd ban are too plentiful.

De4thSt4lker206 #30 Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11483 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 23 September 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

worried i am only going to get prok, and malli until the other maps are added back. don't mind sand river being gone, but it was better than prokohrovka, and malli assaults

no idea why I got a neg for this......

anyway, I like Siegfried line (on the rare occasion I get it)

not so fond of redshire, but it is workable.

erlenburg should be returned to pre 1.5 spawns, as it is now more of a camp fest, with a few tanks crossing north or south and getting blown to bits by campy tank destroyers, and the assault has been royally screwed up, being merely a lemming train down the right, instead of the fairly distributed fight that it was before.

want sand river back though, because it was one of very few maps were fast tanks actually had a use for their speed, I mean what is the point of the leo having 65 kph speed limit if you only hit 50 and you are were you were going?

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

RtdMfrAReason #31 Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6285 battles
Siegfried Line is a map you need to remove until you fix it.  It is BROKEN people.. When one side is littered with tank traps and the other side is wide open it makes for a very lopsided and unfair map.  REMOVE it and fix it...

IronBallsMatt #32 Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10629 battles

I like Siegfried Line . It's one of the most "WW2" feeling maps imo. Very similar to the railway/city map (cant remember name) except the open area has concrete chunks instead of train tracks, which do a similar job. I have had a few matches on it and am still working it out depending on which tank i am in, it's interesting which is good

Redfield is a strange map, the hills mean anything can pop out or over a hill at you and i have found its more a heavy and TD map, which is a bit strange cos it should be a good one for scouts.

Only had a handful (6 or 7 each) of matches on them so when i have thoughts i may be back

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users