1.5 New Features Official Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

LadyObscura WGA #1 Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

Live Ops Producer

• Developers
  • 1546 battles

Fellow Tank Commanders,

We'd like to pick your brains once again and get your thoughts on the array of new features that 1.5 brought you.

Please give us your opinions on the following features:

1. Operations System: Earn awards based on activities
  2. Tank upgrade menu multi-layer reel system
  3. Lifetime Ribbons Collection under Stats
  4. Changed the Functionality of "The 122 and U" achievement to no longer require ownership of the T-150
  5. Added secondary callout menu to the radial command wheel (default: RT) with the following callouts:
  • "Great Shot!"
  • "Good Game!"
  • "On My Way!"
  • "In Position!"
  • "Awesome!"
  • "Sorry!"

Thank you, and Roll out! :honoring:

xBigxEasyxB x #2 Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 11074 battles
again not fair at work...would you like to hire a personal assistant as i will do cheap labor to be able to play

XxDAFFYxxDUCKxX #3 Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19433 battles
I'd rather have the second radial, (And perhaps the first radial) on the D-pad. Up for the first set, down for the second set.

R.I.P. Lucky the cat, (2-24-14) you magnificent bastard.

Click here to learn about the math of WoT!

l SERAPHlM l #4 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35176 battles
  • [LULZ]
I'm glad you fixed the commanders voice.

Never trust the lily pads.

MegaB0B0 #5 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9991 battles

Ideas for the call out wheel improvements: I would think good game and good shooting is rather repeating themselves and can be to roll in to one: good job. Difference is: if targeting one tank, then good job be using good shooting target symbo and for the team, it will be thumbs symbol. This way we can have an extra slot for more useful command.

awesome is pretty use less when everyone can use affirmative faster. 

Sorry should be retained, that's very useful at times. But

I purpose adding: request support or replace SOS with request support in dial one.

Request Scouting be an option for td and arty. 

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

CustomJester13 #6 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33567 battles

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Obviously pure coincidence but I suggested just recently in a ticket to WG that rewards were kept ongoing to improve (hopefully) standards, so delighted to see the new mission aspect. Already I've achieved "damage dealer" so TY for 100'000 silver! 

Disappointed to see Sand River disappear, the night version is the most aesthetically pleasing map in my opinion, so atmospheric. I believe it will be back!? Incidentally the two new maps look good although I notice no weather/ night variants for those or any maps this time. A shame as weather & especially night variants are one of the better aspects of WoT. 

Q/ On say Port, does street lighting affect camo value? Are lights worth knocking over for strategic purposes? 

Concerning weather/ night variants, things like range/ spotting appear unaffected, surely a common denominator reduction in viewing and accuracy would be interesting. Also - how about reducing icon size and brightness for said variants. Ergo - introduce lifelike obstacles to success. 

Having played the thick end of 9000 games I say with confidence that I've noticed straight away a more cautious approach from players in both teams today. This has translated into maybe two more tanks surviving on average on the winning team. If this is more than an anomaly it's a clear marker that providing incentives does influence playing styles & attitude. 

Hopevat at least some of this is useful. 

Kindest Regards.

Sovietdeath #7 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15347 battles

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 23 September 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Fellow Tank Commanders,

We'd like to pick your brains once again and get your thoughts on the array of new features that 1.5 brought you.

Please give us your opinions on the following features:

1. Operations System: Earn awards based on activities:Great Feature
  2. Tank upgrade menu multi-layer reel system: Better for newer players, not so much for me
  3. Lifetime Ribbons Collection under Stats: For Stat Guys , not needed for me
  4. Changed the Functionality of "The 122 and U" achievement to no longer require ownership of the T-150: Great for getting the cheevo,not for getting the T-150 line though
  5. Added secondary callout menu to the radial command wheel (default: RT) with the following callouts:
  • "Great Shot!"Could be a better callout
  • "Good Game!"Good Callout
  • "On My Way!"Good Callout
  • "In Position!"Good Callout
  • "Awesome!"Could be a better callout
  • "Sorry!"Good Callout

Thank you, and Roll out! :honoring:

Overall pretty good but the call outs could use a lil tweaking all other comments are inside the quote and color coded

LadyObscura WGA #8 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

Live Ops Producer

• Developers
  • 1546 battles

Thanks folks, keep it coming!

Just wanted to say quickly, all the maps that were pulled are not gone forever;  we're re-balancing and updating them, they'll be back :smile:

R35T NO MORE #9 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15891 battles
  • [BNKR-]
I've mentioned it 'elsewhere' but a 'no shot' or 'no line of fire' radial would be genuinely useful. More so than 'awesome'.

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

zombanator3000 #10 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16506 battles
  • [HUMP]

Maybe implement a mission system into the next patch. So when your not wanting to go and play random battles you can do little "side missions", they dont need to give XP or silver but it would be nice to  have a few missions you could do; kinda like what they did on War Thunder

Another thing that would be nice would be the ability to create clans as well as do clan missions like the PC version of this game.

Another for the two before it would be nice if you could turn off Assault and Encounter modes.

Swiggidy swooty I'm coming for dat arty booty

J0hio #11 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 6447 battles
  • [GIRLS]

Radial Commands: 

1. (a)I've always found "Halt!" (or is it Stop?) to be a little abrasive as well as open ended. It really provides very little indication of WHY I want you to halt. Fall back does well in conveying "you've gone to far and are in danger, we can help you if you retreat a little."

(b) I believe a viable replacement for "Halt!" might be "Hold that position." It conveys a little more detail into what is needed/required/expected. essentially means that help is coming but perhaps slowly.

This deals with all-ready existing commands yes, but perhaps "Hold that position" could be a replacement for one of the NEW commands that some find redundant.

Thanks! 

UvilleBill #12 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18795 battles

View PostXxDAFFYxxDUCKxX, on 23 September 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

I'd rather have the second radial, (And perhaps the first radial) on the D-pad. Up for the first set, down for the second set.

This is a great idea-- the D pad isn't used for much and it's perfect for this. Kind of awkward using the trigger to switch radial dials-- only played a couple games this morning but I accidently shot twice trying to use the commands.

I like the new callouts -- I would just replace "great shot" with "slow down" or "wait for me" as that is a more helpful battlefield command.

And we need a "favorites" tab in the garage! (I will never stop asking for this)

Great work Wargaming!

ExaminedGORE #13 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 3924 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 23 September 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

1. Operations System: Earn awards based on activities
  2. Tank upgrade menu multi-layer reel system
  3. Lifetime Ribbons Collection under Stats
  4. Changed the Functionality of "The 122 and U" achievement to no longer require ownership of the T-150

1. They are great, but I would like to see daily challenges too. Like win 3 battles and earn 10k credits for it. Something like that :) And daily challenges could be randomly generated, so they won't repeat as much. I think it's good suggestion.

2. It's better than before I must say. 

3. Don't know what's that about. Probably Im missing something :P

4. So no T-150 in near future. Not interested in that line so it's ok for me.

5. Great feature, but the callout "Thanks" would be much better than "In position" in my opinion.

Check out my DeviantArt. World of Tanks fanarts || Fractals || My childhood sketchs  : )  

"I can't even be bothered to reply anymore the tinfoil hat is to thick to get through" ~ A dapper kiwi, 05 October 2015

LadyObscura WGA #14 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

Live Ops Producer

• Developers
  • 1546 battles

View PostExaminedGORE, on 23 September 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

3. Don't know what's that about. Probably Im missing something :P

If you go to your Stats tab in-game, you can now see your "Lifetime Ribbons" earned by pressing "X".

Please note that this is not retroactive, and only shows Ribbons earned since the update went live :smile:

ExaminedGORE #15 Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 3924 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 23 September 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

If you go to your Stats tab in-game, you can now see your "Lifetime Ribbons" earned by pressing "X".

Please note that this is not retroactive, and only shows Ribbons earned since the update went live :smile:

Oh yeah I see now. I clicked "awards" on button "Y" before. Now I see there's ribbons too but on button "X" :D That's nice.

Check out my DeviantArt. World of Tanks fanarts || Fractals || My childhood sketchs  : )  

"I can't even be bothered to reply anymore the tinfoil hat is to thick to get through" ~ A dapper kiwi, 05 October 2015

The Raider777 #16 Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20115 battles
You forgot the "feature" where you took out 2 great maps because you think that people who want to play your game won't shell out 8-10 dollars for a 8 GB flash drive....

xBigxEasyxB x #17 Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 11074 battles

View PostThe Raider777, on 23 September 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

You forgot the "feature" where you took out 2 great maps because you think that people who want to play your game won't shell out 8-10 dollars for a 8 GB flash drive....

not gone getting revamped calm down

Mr Strude1s #18 Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 27592 battles
  • [NFTG]
The fact I have to research another tier ten to get that achievement is kinda dumb I mean what if I didnt want to go down the Leo 1 and like owned all other tier tens?

ArtyHarHar #19 Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18119 battles

View PostThe Raider777, on 23 September 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

They say they are bringing them back; only redacted for some tweaking. And as far as great maps go Sand River was fine IMO but Artic map favored the south spawn big time and Wide Park just was bad anyways. They can keep Wide Park forever as far as I'm concerned :smile:

LadyObscura WGA #20 Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

Live Ops Producer

• Developers
  • 1546 battles

View PostThe Raider777, on 23 September 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

As mentioned in the update notes, these maps are currently being worked on :smile:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users