• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Gatatog Uvenk #101 Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3177 battles

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 23 September 2014 - 01:39 PM, said:

Fellow Tank Commanders,

We'd like to pick your brains once again and get your thoughts on the array of new features that 1.5 brought you.

Please give us your opinions on the following features:

1. Operations System: Earn awards based on activities
  2. Tank upgrade menu multi-layer reel system
  3. Lifetime Ribbons Collection under Stats
  4. Changed the Functionality of "The 122 and U" achievement to no longer require ownership of the T-150
  5. Added secondary callout menu to the radial command wheel (default: RT) with the following callouts:
  • "Great Shot!"
  • "Good Game!"
  • "On My Way!"
  • "In Position!"
  • "Awesome!"
  • "Sorry!"

Thank you, and Roll out! :honoring:

1.  Beautiful, OPs is going to make this game more fun and improve gameplay.
2.  The change was quite different, definitely much better

3.  Just noticed the Ribbons, another nice addition.

4.  I will have to look into that chevo, thanks for correcting this.

5.  I like it.  However Good Game could be changed to a useful "Watch the Flank" command.

Overall you really did a good job at this update.  Kudos to the supertesters for their hard work to help with bugs.

I dont mind spending money on this game as you keep it fresh with New Stuffs!

Tanks for the hard work.

oldZ54 #102 Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:18 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 26448 battles
  • [GEZRS]
On the test server while the game was starting I could have the music on so could hear it and not get the vol blasted when the game started.  For some reason that change didn't make it over to the live server.  Have to leave the music so I can't hear it otherwise the vol is way to high at the beginning of the game.

Matthew J35U5 #103 Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14028 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostMatthew J35U5, on 24 September 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

2. Looks nice, suppose it works better than the old menu pop-up.

3. Doesn't really matter much to me, when would I really care about the # of critical hits I've gotten in x tank or the number of damaging hits in y tank.

4. I'm sad because that means the T-150 isn't likely to come soon.

5. I guess that's a good addition.

1. I am happy that the ops have been added, but I'm not very impressed by the implementation. With the current ops where only three can be possibly worked towards at a time, what is the point of requiring us to manually activate the ops we want to work towards? This weekend will presumably have an event, and that event will presumably have associated ops, why will I be arbitrarily limited to only being able to work on three ops at a time? Two of our ops at the moment are basically game-tracking ops (that is, if I can achieve 25,000 damage reliably in 10 games, the op may as well read, "play 10 games") which is fine, but if the weekend ops that overlap with the on-track are attractive enough that I turn off the "game-counting" ops, I then have to complete those ops and then play 10 games. It just seems like pointless fake-longevity.

So I had a good game in my T54E1 where I could have gotten an additional 3000 xp for the OPs. Except I had disabled it yesterday after I completed it 3x, and had forgotten to turn it back on. While it was absolutely my own fault that I hadn't turned it back on, I felt kind of frustrated that this is how Ops work. Well designed features should not frustrate players. 

KeystoneCops, on 14 June 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

SquidRoe #104 Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:53 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6262 battles

1. Very nice to have other sources of income, though I hope future ops will be more enticing.

2. Looks slicker, might be a little slower than the vertical menu before.

3. It's good to have I guess but they should be listed vertically (imo) so you can see them all at once, I don't like scrolling to see them.

5. The callouts: the best are On My Way!, In Position!, and even Sorry! is useful.  GG is kinda fun too.

Since there are callouts I don't use on the first wheel and others I'd like to use on the second, it would be great if we could customize them; to have our most used ones on the first wheel!

Dave ofthe Dale #105 Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11334 battles
Not to concerned with most of the tweaks but I do like the extra radial menu.  The only change would be to take out "good game" as it can only be used once a game and still then people are but using it as "Affirmative" is quicker to use.  Please get rid of "awesome" as it serves no purpose and no offence it is far to American!  I think more useful commands such as "flanking" or "withdraw" would be better.  Finally most of the second radial is not being used due to being to many buttons to press to get to them, they need to be accessed quicker. Maybe people could allocate the messages they use most to their own first radial if it is at all possible.

RFCAN76 #106 Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 48818 battles

1. Operations System: Earn awards based on activities LOVE THIS  please keep them comming!
  2. Tank upgrade menu multi-layer reel system It will take some getting use to.
  3. Lifetime Ribbons Collection under Stats NICE better that number stats. do not care about Stat's
  4. Changed the Functionality of "The 122 and U" achievement to no longer require ownership of the T-150  Thanks. Well done
  5. Added secondary callout menu to the radial command wheel (default: RT) with the following callouts: MUST be an easier way to do this 
  • "Great Shot!"         Like
  • "Good Game!"       Like
  • "On My Way!"        Like
  • "In Position!"          Like
  • "Awesome!"           Like
  • "Sorry!"                  Like
    More MAP's Please.   

Thank You have a great Week. :glasses::hiding:

Edited by RFCAN76, 30 September 2014 - 03:52 PM.

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."   

Jean Baptiste Poquelin (1622 - 1673]       250 tanks in the garage as of 05/07//2019

:B  https://www.wgcommunityhub.com/gameguides

Spoiler Update 05/07/2019

The Raider777 #107 Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20115 battles

I liked the old on track better with the silver bonus and the awesome missions.

Ops are blah. Missions were way more rewarding.

masamunemaniac #108 Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5895 battles
Operations System:
It would be a lot more helpful if, for tank-specific challenges, it said whether you owned the required tanks. I can't remember what I've got in all my garage slots, and have been playing my M7 ylthe past couple of days without realizing that I could've been earning double xp for it.

Tank upgrade menu multi-layer reel system:
This is just changing the list menu to the big reel at the bottom? I'm not bothered by the change in appearance, but it used to be the case that after switching tanks there'd be a little lag before you were able to open the menu (so pressing X A to go into Packages might take you straight into a game, as the X was ignored); I'm very glad to see this fixed.

Lifetime ribbons collection under Stats:
Seems redundant to the detailed stats available via the website, particularly given that they weren't calculated retroactively. Still, no harm in the functionality being there I guess, so it's cool.

The 122 and U achievement:
Yay, I can sell my KV-1S!
Wait, I've got to rebuy the M4 and M4A3E2 that I've already sold for The Shermanator? My silver... :'-(

Secondary callout menu:
I'd prefer "Good game!" to be something more relevant to a game in progress. An "Awesome!" after the last tank gets blown up should convey the message (though a barrage of "Affirmative!"s amuses me still).

NegativWaves #109 Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12500 battles

After the 1.4 update I couldn't join a battle on time. I was always 2.5 to 6.5 minutes late. I did everything support suggested and

most of the stuff players told me to try. I finally loaded the game on a stick and could get in within 1 minute of start.

Since 1.5, I get in during the countdown every time. Like I thought, the problem was with the update and not my equipment.

Thanks for fixing that.

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.

Temujiiin-reKhan #110 Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17682 battles

Something HAS GOT TO BE DONE about the platoon match-making. Not a single Tanker wants to sit in a 4 man platoon waiting 3-4 minutes for a match that results in a 4 vs 4 that lasts 2 minutes.

Here's an idea! Bring the platoon size back down to five and simply incorporate them into general population matches! Am I wrong here, or does that not just make perfect sense, seeing as how the matches are 15 vs 15 n' all? 15/5=3! It's soooo easy!

-khan

pr0fit0fcanabis #111 Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

Operations:  love them! Thanks. However i ran into a problem this am. I went in and activated moving up the line first thing in the am as the operations have to be active. I played my first match in my t 21, my team won and I fulfilled the operation.  Long story short I got 2 x for the win but also used my 1st of 3 operations without benefit. 

I could activate a times 2 operation after my daily double but it would be nice if the system could recognize and not penalize a tanker for a situation like that. 

Thanks wg

TLB Sleepa #112 Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13705 battles
  • [TLB]
The best radial command added so far is On My Way! When a teammate requests help you can reply and he knows he just needs to fall back and stay alive :-)
Why yes of course....

Chameleon314 #113 Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15332 battles

View Postamanwiththree, on 25 September 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Replace "awesome" On the radial with "I'm lit up" or something to indicate that you've been detected and thus the enemy are present.

Under Fire! or Pinned Down!  all are basically covered with the Help SOS!

Edited by Chameleon314, 04 October 2014 - 11:38 AM.

MADhatter757 #114 Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

Corporal

• WCL
  • 12656 battles

Just a couple things about the new callouts. I agree with whoever said that “In Position and “Ready to Fire” are a little redundant. In regards to the “Awesome” callout, there really isn’t a use for it. It would make more sense to replace it with “Thank You” to accompany “Sorry.” The rest of the commands have been really useful! Its great to see a “Good Game” callout, but I also agree with whoever said they still see people using “Affirmative” since its quicker. 

May I suggest maybe hot keying the callouts? Lets say “RB” to bring up commands “LB” to change between callout pages. A, B X, Y, RT, and LT all get hot keyed to a callout. There is only 6 a page so it would work. That would also fix the issue of the stick messing up people’s driving after selecting a command. (Haven’t heard many people complain about that but still.) 

This last bit isn’t really about this past update so I don’t know if I should post it somewhere else but can you guys revert to how we could view medal descriptions post battle when we actually got them? I know its a given for those of us that have gotten the same metal several times but for anyone new who just got it they would have to google it or go into their stats to actually see what they did to receive it. Right now it is just like, “Ok well I did something important, but I have no clue what it was.”

RFCAN76 #115 Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 48818 battles

Not really a bug but you need to update the Tank Tree's on the web portal.   :glasses::hiding:

http://worldoftanksx...media/techtree/

Edited by RFCAN76, 08 October 2014 - 07:28 PM.

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."   

Jean Baptiste Poquelin (1622 - 1673]       250 tanks in the garage as of 05/07//2019

:B  https://www.wgcommunityhub.com/gameguides

Spoiler Update 05/07/2019

Dave ofthe Dale #116 Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11334 battles
Regarding the operations.  Something is needed to tell you when you have completed an operations limit for the day as several times I have been unaware I'm playing with only two ops active when I could have selected a third.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users