1.5 New Features Official Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

OneSpike #21 Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 6738 battles
I am disappointed in the new callout choices.  They seem like things 8 year-olds would want to say in a game.  For those who are actually trying to play together as teams without mics, there are much more important things to communicate.  For example, "cover me," or "I'll spot for you," or "I'm following you," or "I'm moving to the flank."  There are many more possibilities than 5 new choices for affirming your teammates and one to apologize (although the last could be useful).

oldZ54 #22 Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25630 battles
  • [GEZRS]
In the ops section what does it mean - Must be active as the battle ends.

Tandil1368 #23 Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22043 battles

The ribbons do not make a sound any longer.  Is this on purpose?  Can we have an option to turn it on?

I am visually impaired and this really helped a LOT

Tandil1368 #24 Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22043 battles

View PostoldZ54, on 23 September 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

In the ops section what does it mean - Must be active as the battle ends.

You have to activate them with the "A" button, you may only have 3 active at one time.

Mr Strude1s #25 Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24436 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostTandil1368, on 23 September 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

The ribbons do not make a sound any longer.  Is this on purpose?  Can we have an option to turn it on?

I am visually impaired and this really helped a LOT

They have sound, it sounds like a knife being sharpened now 

Blond Daemon #26 Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13507 battles
  • [T-R-U]

overall im loving the update.

1. pretty neat, shame they are restricted to X amount per account though :-(
  2. cool, getting used to it still
  3. eh, not fussed either way, i generally look at my profile on here to track how im doing (side note its not updating to show the tanks i've got today )
  4. Awesome stuff, however it isnt awarding me some of the achievements i already completed, most annoying one being owing a tier X tank. its sitting in my garage staring at me, i know i have it XD
  5. love them.

Who needs accuracy when you have one million guns? - summary of Russian accuracy

Tankers R Us (T-R-U) Clan leader

oldZ54 #27 Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25630 battles
  • [GEZRS]

View PostTandil1368, on 23 September 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

You have to activate them with the "A" button, you may only have 3 active at one time.

OK, that makes sense.  Ya think I'd been able to figure that one out.  Thanks!!  :great:

Another stupid question:  It says detect 5 tanks in a T71.  I've gotten the detected check mark for more than 5, but it's not moving the bar.  Do they actually need to be spotted and hit?

Got both answered by guess what?  Reading the info posted on the portal.  As my wife would say "typical male"  never read maps or check for instructions.  LOL  :ohmy:

Edited by oldZ54, 24 September 2014 - 05:01 PM.

Metalrodent #28 Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10186 battles
  • [KMD]

Mostly seems nice, some of the new callouts could be made more useful, maybe roll awesome/great shot into one and create another slightly more useful one.

Also having so many of the OPs for one specific tank is not quite so handy, pehaps restrict to class as opposed to single tanks?

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif' href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...sCeAbYa.gif</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...bYa.gif</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...gif</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>

There’s a mask upon my face
I can’t live without
So you won’t recognize me
When I am in the crowd

Shadow 00 Fox #29 Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4637 battles

My first post--a couple things, overall I've been really enjoying this game. However, a few of these changes are ABSOLUTELY intolerable. The biggest thing I noticed instantly was the super-loud flames burning tanks after they're blown up. Not a big problem.

THE PROBLEM!! The spotting delay time has been changed to about 5 seconds instead of 2-3. It ruins the scouting abilities now as you can't stick your head over a hill anymore and wait to let your binoculars to kick in with time to back out if you're spotting. Instead, you stick your head over the hill, wait... suddenly you're getting hit from all directions as you frantically back up you get detected once you're behind the hill. REALLY???

Incidentally, way to go with the Tier X achievement. I've been enjoying this game, almost had my 5 skills achievement, and then you throw in a super grindy one like that. I have a job, and lots of other things to do, the amount of time to research a Tier X is enormous, unless I want to throw hundreds of dollars at the game.

I'm very annoyed in case you couldn't tell.

Thanks for the fun experience so far, but probably goodbye soon. Scouting was always my favorite plan, now it's almost impossible.

Tandil1368 #30 Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22043 battles

View PostMr Strude1s, on 23 September 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

They have sound, it sounds like a knife being sharpened now

Well it is certainly not working for me at all.  A few friends and I were in a platoon and it is not working for them either.  BTW I deleted the game and cleared my cache before I ran the update before you ask. :)

HullDownWTE100 #31 Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1 battle
RT shoots not radial menu Right?

SteampunkPagan #32 Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 86002 battles
  • [HDC-R]

"Changed the Functionality of "The 122 and U" achievement to no longer require ownership of the T-150":

Still reading that the T-150 is required. 

Others not mentioned:

Research a Tier X - Not awarding.

Battle ribbon award sound:

No sound now liked the silver jiggling.

Still missing the sound of tanks scraping each other and have never received a reply as to why it was removed.

Web portal service record not updating today.

Ops tab placement takes to much time to get to since the tabs on either side must load first and take a seemingly long time to do so. It does not glide from one to the next in a fluid manner.

Forcing a rebuy of the M4-E2-E8 to get the Sherminator is and a rebuy of the KV-1-2 and 1S to get these Achievements for those of us who already have been through them is a not right/fair or cost effective for the players. This is not the way to keep your player base in my opinion.

I like the new commands and the garage features. Malinovka Assault improvement is a fail but, a good try and shows that players are being listened to so far as this map and mode go

Edited by SteampunkPagan, 23 September 2014 - 08:33 PM.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

CodenameGunther #33 Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22419 battles
  • [-P-]

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 23 September 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

Fellow Tank Commanders,

We'd like to pick your brains once again and get your thoughts on the array of new features that 1.5 brought you.

Please give us your opinions on the following features:

1. Operations System: Earn awards based on activities
  2. Tank upgrade menu multi-layer reel system
  3. Lifetime Ribbons Collection under Stats
  4. Changed the Functionality of "The 122 and U" achievement to no longer require ownership of the T-150
  5. Added secondary callout menu to the radial command wheel (default: RT) with the following callouts:
  • "Great Shot!"
  • "Good Game!"
  • "On My Way!"
  • "In Position!"
  • "Awesome!"
  • "Sorry!"

Thank you, and Roll out! :honoring:

What do you mean by #2?

LadyObscura WGA #34 Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:21 PM

Publishing Producer

• Administrator
  • 1546 battles

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 23 September 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

"Changed the Functionality of "The 122 and U" achievement to no longer require ownership of the T-150":

Still reading that the T-150 is required.  Note: Also seeing this on the Achievement page on XBL - passing it along.

Others not mentioned:

Research a Tier X - Not awarding. Note: This achievement is currently not retroactive and will only be triggered by getting a tier X AFTER 1.5.  See answer below!

Battle ribbon award sound: Noted as well, looking into this :smile:

No sound now liked the silver jiggling.

Still missing the sound of tanks scraping each other and have never received a reply as to why it was removed. I don't have an update on this one currently.

Web portal service record not updating today. Noted from another thread as well :smile:

Ops tab placement takes to much time to get to since the tabs on either side must load first and take a seemingly long time to do so. It does not glide from one to the next in a fluid manner.

Forcing a rebuy of the M4-E2-E8 to get the Sherminator is and a rebuy of the KV-1-2 and 1S to get these Achievements for those of us who already have been through them is a not right/fair or cost effective for the players. This is not the way to keep your player base in my opinion.  Note: Understandable! This one is also currently not retroactive.  The server grants these achievements upon completion of the qualifying action; having the tanks in your garage is what triggers it, so if you used to own those tanks and no longer do, the system cannot grant the achievement.

StormFront345 #35 Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5133 battles

View PostBMF Gunther08, on 23 September 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

What do you mean by #2?

when you select X to select upgrades, crews, consumables, etc, these option appear in a reel just like your tanks and crews. 

SteampunkPagan #36 Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 86002 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 23 September 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Thank you for the information and fast reply.

Forcing a rebuy of the M4-E2-E8 to get the Sherminator is and a rebuy of the KV-1-2 and 1S to get these Achievements for those of us who already have been through them is a not right/fair or cost effective for the players. This is not the way to keep your player base in my opinion.  Note: Understandable! This one is also currently not retroactive.  The server grants these achievements upon completion of the qualifying action; having the tanks in your garage is what triggers it, so if you used to own those tanks and no longer do, the system cannot grant the achievement.

I do get that but, the silver cost comes to 2,256,000 for just the Sherminator. When you are removing content to accommodate as PAIN said about 10% of the player base that are too cheap to even spend $10.00 on a flash drive you penalize those who have been spending money on this game even more with Achievements such as this one. That is a whole lot of silver to spend and in this game silver = time and money. This is a bad Achievement to add at this late date and once again shows bad planning and forethought by the folks who make these decisions at WG/WoT. It also shows a lack of concern for the players who have stayed with the game and continued to invest in its long term future. I just do not understand how a company that does so much right can again and again not get the PR part right when planning these sort of things. This is by no means a game breaker for me but they are starting to add up and for me it is sadly coming closer to that point.

On another note the portal has been broken since the July update and now this latest part of it breaks maybe testing these updates and the relationship to the portal in the future might be a good idea this game refers players to the portal and forums for information so when the game, portal and forums do not function as one it is frustrating to those of us that try and steer newer or learning players to them for information and help.

Once again thank you for the speedy reply and the information. I hope that my input is seen as trying to help and not just as a complaint for it is truly intended to be a help.

Edited by SteampunkPagan, 23 September 2014 - 11:13 PM.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

NormanQuacks345 #37 Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1903 battles

love the new radio messages!

Hey, Look Here

Allied Forces website

http://alliedforceswotxbox360.enjin.com/?welcome

"9+10=21"

CodenameGunther #38 Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22419 battles
  • [-P-]

View PostStormFront345, on 23 September 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

when you select X to select upgrades, crews, consumables, etc, these option appear in a reel just like your tanks and crews. 

Ah, well it works. I'll get used to it

Guide to not sucking at killing bots: https://www.youtube....?v=IHC13hhrBvM 

Professional Thread Killer

Way2ez4u2 #39 Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 41301 battles
  • [NFTG]

Need to put "Good Game" on first radial wheel. People still use Affirmative at the end of game because it is quicker.

Need to replace one of the new call outs with "GET OFF THE BASE!"

GamerPaws #40 Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 19392 battles
Tank Upgrade menu- old one was better, please gave us choice to choose between new and old style

New Radial Commands- awesome , funny,but i have this suggestion 3 radial comm wheels- one default, others activate with lt, rt, one can stay with funny things, other one should be like this " protect our arty" , " we need scout here" , " there s no one protecting flank on other side", " i will be bait, cover me and hit targets" , " track that tank" etc

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users