Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17757 battles
Putting rocks in Province to block one of my favorite sniping points :angry:

dmxkorn #42 Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12047 battles
i missed all of the mission features today can't play till tomorrow have to check it out the radial menu was funny for the first 2 matches then the abuse kicked in now its just great shot, sorry etc during countdown and through the first minute of mostly every game... the weekend oh i dread the radial spamming

Gigab0mb #43 Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:06 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35716 battles
Audio re-balance is much appreciated. Slightly more tactically applicable callouts would also be appreciated.

So Tyrant #44 Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8930 battles
national voices would be a dream to have.

Nyx WGA #45 Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:20 AM

Player Experience Supervisor

• Administrator
  • 702 battles

View PostoldZ54, on 23 September 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

In the ops section what does it mean - Must be active as the battle ends.

Once your tank is destroyed, you can leave the battle and return to your garage and immediately change your Ops that you are working on, even if the battle is not yet finished for everyone. If you were working on the Op that asks you to get 25,000 damage, and you deactivate that Op before the battle is over, the damage done in that battle will not count. The system waits until the battle is over and the tank has returned to the garage before the Op updates, so if you deactivate it before the battle ends, it won't be counted.

Player Experience Supervisor
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @WoTConsole
Follow me on Twitter: @GamerGirlNyx

fozzyoz #46 Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:54 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11298 battles

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 23 September 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

Please note that this is not retroactive, and only shows Ribbons earned since the update went live :smile:

Too Funny

fozzyoz #47 Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:00 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11298 battles

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 23 September 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

As mentioned in the update notes, these maps are currently being worked on :smile:

You can not play a map thats being worked on?

fozzyoz #48 Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:07 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11298 battles

View PostShadow 00 Fox, on 23 September 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

My first post--a couple things, overall I've been really enjoying this game. However, a few of these changes are ABSOLUTELY intolerable. The biggest thing I noticed instantly was the super-loud flames burning tanks after they're blown up. Not a big problem.

THE PROBLEM!! The spotting delay time has been changed to about 5 seconds instead of 2-3. It ruins the scouting abilities now as you can't stick your head over a hill anymore and wait to let your binoculars to kick in with time to back out if you're spotting. Instead, you stick your head over the hill, wait... suddenly you're getting hit from all directions as you frantically back up you get detected once you're behind the hill. REALLY???

Incidentally, way to go with the Tier X achievement. I've been enjoying this game, almost had my 5 skills achievement, and then you throw in a super grindy one like that. I have a job, and lots of other things to do, the amount of time to research a Tier X is enormous, unless I want to throw hundreds of dollars at the game.

I'm very annoyed in case you couldn't tell.

Thanks for the fun experience so far, but probably goodbye soon. Scouting was always my favorite plan, now it's almost impossible.

These Ops are geared at spotting (there u go Shadow) or a specific tank or two. Am I understanding the duration correctly, 13 days to do it or until it resets/rotates (I'm a little slow at shorthand instructions/directions but Im better other things)? You would have thought with the new tab and all it does there would haves been a general "cover all tanks" daily challenge. Seems like a waste. The flames of a dead tank sound like rice crisps. 

GraciousEel761 #49 Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:11 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 8620 battles

View Postfozzyoz, on 23 September 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

You can not play a map thats being worked on?

I don't think anyone even noticed that. :amazed:

Division 66- The Black Panther Division

Power, Aggressiveness, Endurance.

RAGNAR0K N ROLL #50 Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:41 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17607 battles

I'm updating now but I read the notes and all I have to say is the gameplay updates sound awesome! Thanks for all the work you folks do for us!

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

Lone Wolfing since day 1

Jewpacabra541 #51 Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:38 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9006 battles
A lot of things do look good but ops is just bad I mean really to get one of them done I have to have that tier x. Naw the ops needs more work.

Zippy Ip #52 Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:48 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 36 battles

With so many changes and additions, I find it difficult to make a fair and complete assessment. So here are some first impressions.

1) The new  commands in the call out wheel are excellent.

2) Great to see new achievements added and some fixed.

3) Lifetime ribbons isn't something I'll use, but I'm sure others will find it interesting.

4) The new tank upgrade menu takes getting used to. It looks much better now, but the old menu was faster to use. Perhaps an option

box to choose between menu's would serve best if code space allows for that. I believe the new menu will be better for new people learning how to play the game.

5) Always happy to see more vehicles added to the game! Looks like the Sexton 1 is now in the tech tree as a premium tank. I am really looking forward to the French tanks coming into the game soon. I wish some of the older non-tree premium tanks would make guest appearances in the special store,  or perhaps become added to the tech tree.

6) Maps - I'm not able to comment yet on the new maps added to the game, nor can I form an opinion on how well new changes to old maps are working yet. I really enjoyed the four old maps getting pulled out rotation, and I will miss all of them. I do understand and sympathise with the reasons for removing these maps in trying to keep game file sizes within a 3 gigabyte limit. Microsoft's 4GB XB360's have been challenging for developers to deal with for the last 2+ years now.

7) The Operations system looks very good, and adds great flexibility to the game.

I think that's it. It's a great game, and it's seems to only get better with time. Thanks for the hard work you guys and gals at WG have put in to make this game a success, and thanks also for allowing end users like myself a place to make comments known and voiced.

Acysbib #53 Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24137 battles
  • [SMOKN]

I don't know if it was intentional... But when a platoon leader picks a tank, if you are already hovering over the tank you think he is going to pick... It won't let you select it... at all. You have to slide off the tank and reslect it in order to select it for the platoon...

If that was intentional, I guess it forces platoons to PICK a tank... But... Those who are partially psychic like I am... It gets a little annoying to have to delay myself...

Here's a LINKY to my General tanking guide. Feel free to take a look.

JakeLandon #54 Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17133 battles
  • [LION]
The new commands are cool, but "ready to fire" and "in position" seem redundant to me, I think a "regroup here" command would be cool, or even a "please move", For arty, I think a "no shot" and a "aiming" would be cool. The "awesome" and "good shot" also seem the same maybe either could be replaced, but I think there's no need to replace, more than if possible adding more by pressing more RT, LT. Just some ideas to consider for next updates. But yeah for the time being I think I am gonna like the "on my way!" one. Thanks for that one.

"I don't demand that people think or behave the way I do. I have just as many questions about my own ideas as other people might have about my ideas. I'm not convinced I'm absolutely right all the time, but I'll take the chance and state my opinion at the time that I have it. I may regret it later, I may even change my mind later, but I take a stand."-  Frank Zappa

Chameleon314 #55 Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:29 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14912 battles

New chat items are awesome. I always thought we needed a few more.

Sometimes when I shoot and my tank is reloading I hear a high pitched "tink" noise. I think that is annoying. If it wasn't so high pitched it would be fine. I haven't figured out yet what causes the game to make that noise.

OnlyDANNiE #56 Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:41 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3138 battles

Update is crap!

Glitchy during turning/aim movements... auto lock/aim sucks now... Lag in shots being fired...

JakeLandon #57 Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:46 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17133 battles
  • [LION]

View PostOneSpike, on 23 September 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

I am disappointed in the new callout choices.  They seem like things 8 year-olds would want to say in a game.

Yeah, I for one think they're cool in a way, but I would def vote to change "awesome" to "regroup" if there was no other option. I think "awesome" has potential to be used as sarcasm after a terrible match or decision, lol

"I don't demand that people think or behave the way I do. I have just as many questions about my own ideas as other people might have about my ideas. I'm not convinced I'm absolutely right all the time, but I'll take the chance and state my opinion at the time that I have it. I may regret it later, I may even change my mind later, but I take a stand."-  Frank Zappa

Wetterhoun #58 Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:52 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4746 battles

View PostXxDAFFYxxDUCKxX, on 23 September 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

I'd rather have the second radial, (And perhaps the first radial) on the D-pad. Up for the first set, down for the second set.

Good point! I now sometimes unintentionally fire a round, because you have to use the right trigger to access the second com wheel and my fingers and brain get caught up in the Houdini act accessing it.... LoL!

"Good game!" and "Good shot" can be replaced by "Good job!" which would free a place on the com reel that could be used for "Don't cap NME flag!".

Peek-a-BOOM!

JakeLandon #59 Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17133 battles
  • [LION]
Perhaps a minot thing but I think "Great shot!" is a bit over the top, I'd replace it for "Nice shot!"

JakeLandon #60 Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17133 battles
  • [LION]
I'm not so sure about the new way to go from packages to crew/ sell etc, I think it takes longer, maybe an option to have illustrated vs no illustrated?  I think the game would benefit with options to disable/ enable certain features. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users