1.5 New Features Official Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

OnlyDANNiE #61 Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:20 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3138 battles

There is some serious background issues going on with this update..!

Finally got a Victory with the Loyd GC the results in the #'s have me scratching my head like wth!!!

Shot Fired = 19

Direct Hits = 3

Pens = 3

Dects =0

Enemies Dam= 4!???!!!

En Des = 0

Dam= 99

Assist = 6

Then on the other quick glance run down screen

it shows that 5 tanks???! Assit point 6 to a Pz.II; 52 damage to Medium III; & 47 damage to a Pz.II

so its saying I collected points on 3 tanks; yet the other #s show differently... not sure whats going on but yea somethings not right...

Sovietdeath #62 Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:30 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15347 battles

View Postfozzyoz, on 23 September 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

These Ops are geared at spotting (there u go Shadow) or a specific tank or two. Am I understanding the duration correctly, 13 days to do it or until it resets/rotates (I'm a little slow at shorthand instructions/directions but Im better other things)? You would have thought with the new tab and all it does there would haves been a general "cover all tanks" daily challenge. Seems like a waste. The flames of a dead tank sound like rice crisps. 

Yet the two most benefitial ops cover all tanks tier  3-10 and consist of either dealing damage and keeping tanks spotted, the few that are specific are based on the T57 On-Track Event which consists of 4-5 light tanks, whose job is spotting hmmm makes perfect sense to me

InfernalBlosphe #63 Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:30 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7105 battles

The new operations system needs to be explained and pointed out in game. Make it painfully obvious. I played for two hours this morning and never noticed the new tab on top of the screen. It wasn't until I looked up the web page that I learned about how this works. How many ppl play but never visit the website or forums?

The new call outs are nice. As said earlier, the GG needs to b on the first radial and we need a "get off the base" call.

In the future it would be nice to have three of the six operations be for the general population. I can only do two operations despite the ability two do three. I have zero desire to play the T57 line.

OnlyDANNiE #64 Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:35 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3138 battles
Both teams were in bases clocks were ticking on both sides; we beat their base cap by 10 second and the game still resulted in a "Draw" f-ing [edited]!!!!

JakeLandon #65 Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17133 battles
  • [LION]

View PostXxDAFFYxxDUCKxX, on 23 September 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

I'd rather have the second radial on the D-pad. Up for the first set, down for the second set.

This. I've been wasting some shells on critical moments due this.

"I don't demand that people think or behave the way I do. I have just as many questions about my own ideas as other people might have about my ideas. I'm not convinced I'm absolutely right all the time, but I'll take the chance and state my opinion at the time that I have it. I may regret it later, I may even change my mind later, but I take a stand."-  Frank Zappa

Ralphs Dad #66 Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 24746 battles
  • [CRPT]

View PostR35T 1N PEACE, on 23 September 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

I've mentioned it 'elsewhere' but a 'no shot' or 'no line of fire' radial would be genuinely useful. More so than 'awesome'.

Good point. Agree with above. Somebody fix my neg please. Thanks.

R35T NO MORE #67 Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:01 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15641 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostRalphs Dad, on 24 September 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

Good point. Agree with above. Somebody fix my neg please. Thanks.

Do you mean the neg on my suggestion that you quoted? I end up accidentally doing that sometimes, touchscreens lol.

Brass Drag0n #68 Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33222 battles

The Ops tab is a great addition, but I think the Scouting op is buggy.

It says it can be completed 3x per day. But as I am reading it - it also says it has to be completed in either an M7, T21 or T71? Yes?

Yesterday, I completed it in a Freedom, a JT8.8 and finally a T71.

MoE: Firefly (2), Churchill III (2), KV-5 (2), Pz V/M10​ (2), Tiger 1​ (3)

(PS4 - DRAGONxxSWORD)

Brass Drag0n #69 Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33222 battles

2.      Tank upgrade menu multi-layer reel system

It's ok, works fine and I'm sure it will become second nature very quickly -  but I do find it mildy ironic that in a game where you are scrabbling around to squeeze everything into 3gb, you've "wasted" some capacity on a fancy graphical menu when the older simpler one was perfectly fine.

MoE: Firefly (2), Churchill III (2), KV-5 (2), Pz V/M10​ (2), Tiger 1​ (3)

(PS4 - DRAGONxxSWORD)

leova #70 Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11322 battles
  • [47R]

Block Quote

THE PROBLEM!! The spotting delay time has been changed to about 5 seconds instead of 2-3. It ruins the scouting abilities now as you can't stick your head over a hill anymore and wait to let your binoculars to kick in with time to back out if you're spotting.

WG, has this actually been changed? Has the fundamental Scouting/Detection mechanic changed??

Radial Commands to the Dpad-Left would be ideal, since it is totally unused now (Up/Down for Cruise, Right for Reload Drum/Clip). Having the same button do either (Fire a Shell) or (Say Good Game) is a BIG mistake, and needs to be rectified quickly!

Tank Rotation seems to be disabled when in the Tank Upgrade menus - is this intentional?

Block Quote

The new operations system needs to be explained and pointed out in game. Make it painfully obvious. I played for two hours this morning and never noticed the new tab on top of the screen. It wasn't until I looked up the web page that I learned about how this works. How many ppl play but never visit the website or forums?

A big "Splash Screen" would be nice on first login, or a new Training video to explain the Operations/Missions....

J0hio #71 Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 6447 battles
  • [GIRLS]

Has anyone brought up the problem in the garage selecting a tank while platooned?

Lets say the leader has not chosen a tank yet. The rest are "waiting" and therefore likely messing around with packages, consumables, equipment ect... When the leader chooses and its time for you to choose, the tank you have highlighted (i.e the one messing with equipment on) is not able to be selected (to be precise, the "A" button is unresponsive). You have to move off and highlight another tank then come back to that original tank in order to be allowed to select it. 

Just a little problem. Thanks!

Matthew J35U5 #72 Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14028 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 23 September 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Fellow Tank Commanders,

We'd like to pick your brains once again and get your thoughts on the array of new features that 1.5 brought you.

Please give us your opinions on the following features:

1. Operations System: Earn awards based on activities
  2. Tank upgrade menu multi-layer reel system
  3. Lifetime Ribbons Collection under Stats
  4. Changed the Functionality of "The 122 and U" achievement to no longer require ownership of the T-150
  5. Added secondary callout menu to the radial command wheel (default: RT) with the following callouts:
  • "Great Shot!"
  • "Good Game!"
  • "On My Way!"
  • "In Position!"
  • "Awesome!"
  • "Sorry!"

Thank you, and Roll out! :honoring:

2. Looks nice, suppose it works better than the old menu pop-up.

3. Doesn't really matter much to me, when would I really care about the # of critical hits I've gotten in x tank or the number of damaging hits in y tank.

4. I'm sad because that means the T-150 isn't likely to come soon.

5. I guess that's a good addition.

1. I am happy that the ops have been added, but I'm not very impressed by the implementation. With the current ops where only three can be possibly worked towards at a time, what is the point of requiring us to manually activate the ops we want to work towards? This weekend will presumably have an event, and that event will presumably have associated ops, why will I be arbitrarily limited to only being able to work on three ops at a time? Two of our ops at the moment are basically game-tracking ops (that is, if I can achieve 25,000 damage reliably in 10 games, the op may as well read, "play 10 games") which is fine, but if the weekend ops that overlap with the on-track are attractive enough that I turn off the "game-counting" ops, I then have to complete those ops and then play 10 games. It just seems like pointless fake-longevity.

KeystoneCops, on 14 June 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

X Fuddy Duddy X #73 Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16844 battles
could you swap the fire and zoom position on the control c selection on the controls menu? The c is the best for my play style, and it would help allot if the fire button was on the right bumper and the zoom was on the left

Shadow 00 Fox #74 Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4637 battles

View Postleova, on 24 September 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

WG, has this actually been changed? Has the fundamental Scouting/Detection mechanic changed??

A big "Splash Screen" would be nice on first login, or a new Training video to explain the Operations/Missions....

I'm glad to see someone picked up on my comment about the spotting. I had played over 2000 games at the time of the update, I was extremely excited to get into a match after the updates using my Crowell that has 4 perks(BiA, Mentor, Recon, Situational Awareness), almost 5, and the equipment Binocs, Camoflage, and the other one that costs gold to remove that increases sight distance. Anyway, It was a horrible disappointment, it was completely different than before every game I played for the next hour or two when I was trying to spot. I would come up over a hill, wait to spot enemies, if I didn't see any enemies I would wait for the Binocs. Then suddenly, I'm getting shot after about 3 seconds, I frantically back up behind the hill, and then I'm 'detected' magically behind the hill. The detection seems to be a bit weird too in that sometimes when I'm completely out of enemy LOS I'm still detected for long periods. Anyway, basically, I couldn't scout like I normally did, it made my binocs useless for my usual scouting where I would jump up a hill and wait for them to kick in before dashing away, and it's extremely dangerous everytime I use a scouting tank because I'm used to that 3 second warning and now I just don't get it. Now I'm always hit before I see the warning.

As to the Ops, I highly agree. I read about the Ops in the News, and it looks like I'm not the only one who thought it was automatic. I just happened to read here on the Forums about how you could only activate three, and this was my second time on the forums!! So I went back into the game, and noticed the Ops tab where I never even look on the screen anymore. Who knows how much I missed out on because of that, considering it was at least 2 hours in when I finally came on here to complain about the detection. :sad:

SteampunkPagan #75 Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 91822 battles
  • [HDC-R]
Just turned on my WoT and the Achievement for "The 122 and U" did un-lock and pop-up. As it did for a friend of mine. So, it would seem that for some at least there was a bit of a delay. Just wanted to update my post from yesterday with this information.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

SteampunkPagan #76 Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 91822 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostJ0hio, on 24 September 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Has anyone brought up the problem in the garage selecting a tank while platooned?

Lets say the leader has not chosen a tank yet. The rest are "waiting" and therefore likely messing around with packages, consumables, equipment ect... When the leader chooses and its time for you to choose, the tank you have highlighted (i.e the one messing with equipment on) is not able to be selected (to be precise, the "A" button is unresponsive). You have to move off and highlight another tank then come back to that original tank in order to be allowed to select it. 

Just a little problem. Thanks!

You are correct that it is doing this I have experienced this as have some friends of mine as well. However it seems to be working better today and occurring less today.   

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Starshoy #77 Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13663 battles
  • [KAMA]

View PostMatthew J35U5, on 24 September 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

1. I am happy that the ops have been added, but I'm not very impressed by the implementation. With the current ops where only three can be possibly worked towards at a time, what is the point of requiring us to manually activate the ops we want to work towards? This weekend will presumably have an event, and that event will presumably have associated ops, why will I be arbitrarily limited to only being able to work on three ops at a time? Two of our ops at the moment are basically game-tracking ops (that is, if I can achieve 25,000 damage reliably in 10 games, the op may as well read, "play 10 games") which is fine, but if the weekend ops that overlap with the on-track are attractive enough that I turn off the "game-counting" ops, I then have to complete those ops and then play 10 games. It just seems like pointless fake-longevity.

I may be wrong, but I believe event operations won't count toward these 3 and cannot be unselected. They will be gold in color, as opposed to selectable silver ones. At least description suggests so,

Matthew J35U5 #78 Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14028 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostStarshoy, on 24 September 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

I may be wrong, but I believe event operations won't count toward these 3 and cannot be unselected. They will be gold in color, as opposed to selectable silver ones. At least description suggests so,

yeah, we'll see on Friday I guess.

KeystoneCops, on 14 June 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

BlinkTardis #79 Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:01 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14014 battles

My feedback so far is:

Tank upgrade menu good and bad.  Bad = horizontal choices...like how the old menu was veritcal. Everything is getting horizontal and the vertical menu makes it easier in my opinion to read.  Good = graphical views.

I wish more menu's would go back to a horizontal layout (like camo options new upgrade, etc)

Command wheel changes = bad overall.

2 wheels = bad.  the selection isnt intuitive enough to quickly move between the menus.  And you dont need anything to take you away from the battle even more.

Command options = childish, unhelpful, no added benefit to the game.

I think only 1 wheel that is customizable would be ideal.  Also having commands that are more battle oriented like, shot obstructed, no visible targets, relocating, wait for help, etc.  not good game or awesome shot, etc.  Really I am going to take my attention off the game to tell you awesome shot....ummm no.

Tracker214 #80 Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4239 battles

I don't really care about any of the new tanks at all, except maybe the Sexton II...don't know why, considering my general dislike of arty....it just speaks to me. I like it. The new comm wheel is coolio, too. I'll be getting acquainted with the new maps, for sure :tongue:

And, considering the premiums on the 26th, ze French are not far behind. I am pleased. Pretty blue-green tanks, ho!

Surrounded? Me? Never! I got the enemy right where I want'em!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users