Tanks: A Short Story

contest tanks crew creative writing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

spyder544 #21 Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16650 battles
The driver is bleeding,someone take the controls ,Wendell Wulf took control of the battered PZ 5/4 .The veteran tank commander knew this tank well as he should hes been commanding it for three years.The PZ ripped its way through the battlefield / I see one of them / a heavy T29 rounded the bend and took aim .     CRASH a deafning sound filled the tank ,the commanders ears were ringing ,a salty taste filled his mouth ./ target detected/ a T25 joined the T29 and began firing . Were is the backup,the gunner yelled to the commander .Wulf knew they weren't coming and his time was near its end .SMASH the concussion ripped through the tank .Wulf looked around ,his crew was dead . Someones coming through the hatch ,Wulf unholstered his sidearm .The americans ordered his surrender ,Wulf knew this wasn't a option and open fired. RIP a burning sensation through his chest,he felt the warmth of his own blood running down the inside of his uniform ,he knew this was the end. Three more rounds tore through his battered body .Wulf wondered in his last dying breath will we win the war , was this all worth it . I wish I could of seen my son one more time to tell him how I feel . I love him so .Wulf used the last of his will to take aim ...and fired for the last time.   Welcome to the world of tanks.

TKoddaL33 #22 Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23775 battles
Spoiler

I've only had a chance to write war stories once and that was my junior year in High School. It was about Hamburger Hill and I did research on it and immersed myself into it as a soldier who was there, this will be my second time so it'll be very boring. 

"SPEED IS THE ESSENCE OF WAR" - Sun Tzu

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists." - Nikola Telsa

Geisterwaffen #23 Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3456 battles
Spoiler

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did making it.(´∀`)

Edited by Protoss1914, 24 September 2014 - 08:28 AM.

UnkeptCanine96 #24 Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11981 battles
  • [BLT]
I wish I could use one of my Exposes'.:sad:

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Xbox One and Xbox 360

Expose' List

VxQzjJa.jpg

Twinkie Phobe #25 Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15362 battles
  • [SOFKS]
Spoiler

... This is one of the first times I've used Spoilers, I hope it works right. As for the story, it is about as creative as I could get...

The catch 22 of WoT: 1. Rages at team for being terrible. 2. Goes on forums complaining about terrible team mates. 3. Another thread comes talking about making the player base less terrible. 4. People agree n such. 5. Idea comes to better the average how's skill. 5. People dislike the idea/ call it terrible. 6. Plays game and complains about terrible team mates.

Crazedtiger77 #26 Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11426 battles

View PostMana WGA, on 23 September 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Here's my entry, I hope you like it!

Initial Engagement

Spoiler

Edited by Crazedtiger77, 24 September 2014 - 07:37 PM.

Quazakaharet #27 Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Title: Trials of the Jackson

Spoiler

end..(word count..500 exactly :) 

(after some editing down)

(not part of the story, but part of the truth behind it)

This battle did take place but the truth is usually less believable then the story.

, i had to cut in late due to the story being too long. the 1 ally i had took down 2 opfor and did the initial damage to the tiger (it was 6 on 2 at that point) before he went down leaving it as a 4 on 1 match and i was out of room for the other red, so i cut him from the story. This game was months ago but I am glad to finally have a reason to share it. (i did embellish the ending a little, but just the last line.:)

it was a victory for the greens by barely. RNG was with me that day. The Jackson is still in my garage for this reason, Its a reliable old soul and it earned its stripes that day.

Happy tanking everyone, il see you on the line, or in my sights.

best of luck either way. :hiding:

Faded Comodo #28 Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6355 battles

Hunting Tiger

Spoiler

First time doing anything of the sorts; hope it's ok.

1003650_en.png

Drunk Vader #29 Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23417 battles

War of the worlds tanks edition

Spoiler

HHArsenal714 #30 Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:43 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9815 battles
Spoiler

Well that's as best as I can come up with, hope you all enjoy.

"I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavor to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve. It may not be immediate, and often your greater dreams is something you will not achieve within your own lifetime. The effort you put forth to anything transcends yourself, for there is no futility even in death." - Monty Oum.

CouchOverlord #31 Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:40 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1275 battles

The cold darkness was everywhere I could feel the warm breathe of the commander behind me. Here we are waiting for the group of German tanks that was spotted coming our way around 3 hours ago. We could tell by then that they had changed direction and were not coming but we had to follow orders. Our t-34 was waiting all by itself hoping for some kind of action. We waited 3, no 4 hours until the sun rose again. We were so tired and the driver had already dozed off. Me being the gunner of the tank was to be diligent and stay awake while everyone else got to sleep. I felt quite bitter but that did not last long because soon I was fast asleep. I banged by head against the top of the tank. I was awoken by cannon fire and by the sound of it, it was close. I woke everyone up as fast as I could and soon we were on our way. We drove up on a ridge, to see what was going on. That day I saw something terrifying it was a group of panthers followed by a tiger, yes a tiger! We were so scared little did I know that it was a stroke of luck. We quickly drove down the hill and into a few bushes where we started to take shots at the side of the tiger. Every shot missed and then It saw us. We did the stupidest thing I have every seen in my entire life. We rammed the tiger from behind with our sloped armor and but a clean shot into the lower plate. We put it out of business, however it crushed the front of our tank along with our driver. Wow you would not believe how fast you run when 5 panther are shooting at you. Soon we got away and here I am writing this letter hoping we survive.  

NightFox19 #32 Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5455 battles

From the Private Journal of Lt. Col. Gabriel Wellington - Tank Commander, US Army

June 28, 1944

Spoiler

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

DARTH TETRIS #33 Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16690 battles
  • [BLT]
Spoiler

Had fun! Thanks for the contest.

OBrienFury #34 Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 43888 battles
  • [1ST-F]
Spoiler 

NightFox19 #35 Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5455 battles

View PostDARTH TETRIS, on 25 September 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

Spoiler

Had fun! Thanks for the contest.

Good use of grammar are always aces with me. +1

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

stevesevilempir #36 Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 36995 battles

The Little Tommy Tank.

In.

The Very Angry Tiger.

A Second World War Children's Story

By

Air Commodore Bradley Chilekiller, Tasmanian Flying Corp (Retired.)

The Little Tommy Tank, was being cleaned by his crew in the desert sun, all of them were trying to cheer the little Cruiser Tank up, because he was getting bullied rather a lot, even by Bren Gun Carriers and Leyland trucks, and Jeeps although aloof at least didn't pick on him all the time. So his commander was cleaning his tracks whilst the Fat Sergeant Borrow, scrubbed his engine clean, and private Uddin the driver, was repainting the littlest Tommy Tanks name on his side again. Oh yes children the little tank had a name, “Squirrel.” The barren landscape of the Tunisian countryside stretched endlessly ahead of Squirrel, as his crew prepared for their next scouting mission, and it was rather soothing to gun his freshly tuned engines up. A Matilda tank and two Sherman's, trundled past the Tommy Tank, all of them raised their canons up in contempt, at Squirrels teeny weeny 6 pounder, and one of the Sherman's said snottily. 'What are you going to do with that popgun.” Whilst the Matilda laughed out. “Oh look its a clown tank, it will fall apart the moment we see the Germans.” As they rumbled into the distance.

Squirrel wasn't to sure about these Germans, but everybody was bashing each other up again, and he was a tiny tank on a massive battle field. “Now Squirrel, don't you listen to those thugs, they are all hot air, and just jealous because you are faster than they are.” Sgt Borrow smiled as he climbed into the Tommy tank.

“Yes remember you are a Mk 111 Crusader tank, the fastest around here, and the best for spotting the nasties out there.” Squirrels Commander shouted, waving a fist at the distant tanks, as the sounds of explosions echoed in the distant valley. The German tanks held a place called the Mareth line, and ahead of them was Wadi Zigzaou, a fortress that the Commonwealth forces, had to push them out of.

“Don't you worry Squirrel, you'll show them what for.” Private Uddin said as the teeny weeny little tank revved it's engines, you see the german tanks had been beating up all the local people, and were bigger bullies than the rest of the Allied tanks. Squirrel had driven past the people called Arabs, who had been bashed up by the nasty Germans. The commander listened to the radio and suddenly yelled.

“Forward!”

Like his name the little Tommy tank lunged forward, racing towards the distant gunfire, so quickly that he reached the entrance to the small valley in no time. Pulling up behind the sobbing Sherman tank that had hidden itself behind a rock, it was shaking. “Oh mommy, don't let the Tiger get me, he's bashed up my brother, and the Matilda is hiding trapped behind a rock out there, but I wanna go home.” Tears of oil slipped from his turret as he cried out to Squirrel. “Don't go out there this Tigers very nasty, and even you are not fast enough.” Hiding behind a huge boulder the Matilda was gushing tears of oil too, shouting out for help. The other Sherman was belching out clouds of smoke, as his crew hid behind him all of them were in tears.

“Ha HA HA.” came from the distance, and the huge Tiger tank laughed at them all. “Baby's Weinen! Ha ha ha ha ha, sie sind kittns!” Which is German for, “Cry babies, ha ha ha, you are all kittens.”

“Up Your Bum!” Shouted Squirrel back across the valley. “I'll show you, you big bully, you shouldn't go around shooting at things, so now your for it.”

“Oh ich Zittere, her damit, hahaha, wenn du dich traust.” Which was even more German and means. “Oh I am shaking, bring it on, hahahaha, if you dare.” Just to emphasise this, the Tiger fired his canon, the boom shook dust up from the path, Squirrels own little rapid fire gun made no where near as much noise or mess, and the Tiger was three times the size of the little tommy tank. “Gekommen, um papa Tommy panzer! Gekommen!” Squirrels ears were still ringing from the boom of the shot, so he couldn't hear that properly enough to translate it.

Now Squirrel knew he had to faster than fast so he reversed up the mountain slope, it was rather steep, but before he did he had whispered to the sobbing Sherman tank, rev your engines when I race for the other side please.” The Sherman to scared to speak wobbled its gun, as a yes.”Hold on fella's, helps coming.” the Matilda burst into tears of oil when he heard squirrel. Then without a sound private Uddin revved up the engines, and held his foot on the breaks, Squirrel wanted to roll, feeling the engines pressures building up, then finally he was off. The world of the slope blurred past the little Tommy tank, as he raced like an airplane down the hill. In a flash he was speeding into the open valley, a screeching sound flew past him, and a boom as the Tiger growled cursing that he had missed such a speedy target. Suddenly Squirrel zipped manouvering towards the slope, but he could see the Tigers massive gun, turning towards him slowly, so he pushed onwards, getting every ounce of speed that he could from his engines, until he was safely at the other side of the Valley.

“Oh Mein sind schnell, aber ich werde immer noch sie.” The tiger growled loudly, and that meant. “Oh my, you are quick, but I will still get you.”

Squirrel was to busy rushing towards the enormous bully to reply, private Uddin praised the response of the controls as the tiny Tommy tank zigged then zagged, back and forth, meter by meter getting closer to the huge tank, which was getting bigger and bigger the closer he got to it. The sun beat down on the dusty valley as the drama of rock and metals unfolded, and Sgt Borrow aimed the little gun at high speed, firing shot after shot at the huge opponent. It was disheartening because the shells seemed to hit perfectly but bounce right off the gigantic hulk of the Tiger, and Squirrel thought. I may be a clown tank but I will do my best.” As he thought that, Sgt Borrows shot, hit the tracks, spilling them like a licorice tube, Squirrel saw them stitched of the huge beast of a tank,  making the tracks slump messily on the ground.

“Ow!”Yelped the Tiger.

But Squirrels work was still not done, as this bully had to be put in his place, Slipping around the other side, watching the huge gun chasing after him, the commander told the Sgt. “Get that other track!” Pop! Pop! POP! Crack, and the Tiger was stuck, as Squirrel raced in closer to the immobile monster. Now Children, the Tiger tank has a very long gun on its nose, and squirrel cruised in so close that he could finally stop, and the two tanks were eye to eye, only three feet apart.

“Das kann nicht wahr sein?!” The Tiger trembled. Which in English means. “This can't be happening.”

Sgt Borrow aimed up at the huge cannon, then Pop! PoP! pOp! POP! The barrel of the bad panzer became twisted, and the Tiger tank dripped a huge tear of oil, and cursed and ranted, and shouted, and huffed, and puffed, and then burst into massive tears, and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. “Verdammt noch mal, wurde ich mit ihm weg bekommen, wenn es fur Sie war nicht, Tommy Tank verdammt Sie! Arrrrrrgh.” Again in English this means. “Damn you! I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you, you damned Tommy tank! Arrrgh!” Slowly the Matilda and the Sherman poked their noses out, and saw the tiniest tank in the army, parked next to the biggest bully in the world, and both of them drove towards Squirrel.

“Not bad for a clown tank!” The Matilda said as his commander wiped the oil he had cried clean.

“That's such a cool little pop gun too.” Said the Sherman, who was still crying some oily tears, (but much less than before.)

Squirrel revved up to them both, and said. “C'mon you you two heavies lets check your brother out.”

The battered Sherman cried out painfully, but they found out he would be Ok after being repaired, they felt better. A huge Leyland truck showed up to take him away, nodding respectfully to the little Tommy tank, and as a bunch of Bren gun carriers sped past, they all fired a salute off, Squirrel sped around in a circle, and then went back to the very angry Tiger tank.

“Wann kann ich Meine spuren zuruck? Bitter?” And Squirrel translated it to the Matilda. “He wants to know when he can get his tracks back?” Squirrels German wasn't the best so he thought for a bit then said. “Wenn Sie lernen, weniger ein Tyran und mehr zu einem schonen panzer.” The Sherman didn't understand so Squirrel said. “When you learn to be less of a bully, and more of a nice tank.” Then Squirrel added. “Wenn sie fixiern Sie, um dieses ein Tatsache tiger lernen mussen.” The Matilda wobbled its turret, whilst the Sherman lurched forwards listening. “When they do fix you, you need to learn this one fact Tiger panzer.” The three tanks were heading off up the hill after the Bren gun carriers, and Squirrel had to shout out to the Very angry Tiger. “Sanft Seine Gut Fur Sie.”

The sun was setting in the dusty slope, and the Sherman asked. 'Oh Cmon Squirrel, what did that mean?”

“Yes tell us please? Please tell us?” Said the Matilda.

“Be gentle, its good for you.”

And with that the three tanks rode into the setting sun................

The End

Copyright Steve Merrick 2014

It really needs an edit, and maybe a re-write,but hope you enjoy it, because I may make that into an animation. The link is to the blog version which may be easier to read.......

http://indiewritenet.com/stevesevilempire1/2014/09/24/air-commodore-bradley-chilekillers-ww2-childrens-story-tfc-retired/

Edited by stevesevilempir, 26 September 2014 - 11:40 AM.

stevesevilempir #37 Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 36995 battles
"NUTS!" Sorry I just re-read the rules and overshot the 500 words, in the story above,  like when I miss a tank I shoot at, so just enjoy the tale........ So sorry ;-)

Crazedtiger77 #38 Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11426 battles

View Poststevesevilempir, on 26 September 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

"NUTS!" Sorry I just re-read the rules and overshot the 500 words, in the story above,  like when I miss a tank I shoot at, so just enjoy the tale........ So sorry ;-)

I really enjoyed your story anyway, different (in a good way) than the others. How many words did you overshoot by? If it wasn't many I don't think they'll mind.

stevesevilempir #39 Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 36995 battles

;-)

Only by 1161 to many words LOL I am a writer and got carried away with that one....... ;-)

Wraith Calling #40 Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22417 battles
Spoiler

My little Submission 'From The Clouds Rained Death'.

Tough keeping it under the word count.

OK, maybe not 100% WoT.. (nutz).  Enjoy anyway.

Edited by Wraith Calling, 26 September 2014 - 03:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users