WGWPAIN re: MM & RNG

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

laphoqueblanche #21 Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30145 battles

View PostAmazing Royce, on 26 September 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

lol yeah because having above a 70 along with many others is a mystery lol. Systems working really well, not proof at all. I guess the many many people in the game that shows the system is not working is not proof. Also before claiming I made idiot assumptions maybe learn to read. As I asked if you are one of those guys. Not once did I say you are, but then again I know reading and comprehending what you read are two very hard things to do together :) 

Your previous statement was an explicit implication that I was one of those, thus, yes, you did say I was.
You sure love those ad hominems, don't you?
You can't come up with anything but anecdotal evidence, so you attack the character questioning your 'proofs'.

Can you come up with anything other than anecdotes to prove your points? Something official?

Here's a clue for ya too: I never once said you were wrong.
You could be very well be 100% right.
I see no proof one way or the other, though, so you could be wrong.

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. -Euripides

vVMr GoodCatVv #22 Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28804 battles

^ But they do have an mm like this. Ohh the mystery

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

Jet Army #23 Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26450 battles
  • [STEIN]
If more tankers would wait the half second  to let the there sight zoom in on the target, they would not ask that question so much, and please mm has nothing at all to do with win rate, that is team work and communication either on the mic or with the radial com buttons. Have a good day.

Turboclicker #24 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22110 battles
Players like me and Royce (A 16% difference there, I know) prove that either

A. The system is not in place

Or

B. The system IS in place and it is not that good of a system.

Either way, you're not affected.

WGWPAIN #25 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

Creative Dir./Exec. Producer

• Administrator
  • 96 battles
  • [WGW]

Which thread do i post in??  Please link this post to any related discussion.

Is this game entirely based of the skill of the player?

Absolutely, the game does not change any ammo, accuracy, armor, damage stats NOR matchmaking based on individual player skill, ranking, tank, config, equipment, etc.

Is the patented function of the MM in use (I.e. Is it actively trying to keep people within the 50/50 W/L bracket)?

No.  It's a patent only and has never been implemented in the Live game for Xbox

Does RNG handicap more successful players?

No.  Neither does matchmaking.

Does RNG buff less successful players?

No. Neither does matchmaking.

Now I did misspeak in my hasty reply to Wikkid Devil about matchmaking.  Matchmaking will try to make the best matches possible from the player pool in the queue.  It looks for people waiting the longest and picks the first matched pair by battle weight which is determined by tank rating only.  As said above, player skill, equipment, config crew, etc are not accounted for. Then it builds the rest of the team based on the tier range of the first pair from highest battle weight to lowest.  If you play two consecutive games and you are in the bottom half of the battle rate ranking, matchmaking will attempt to place you in the top half in your third consecutive (back to back) match.  It does not matter if you won or lost the previous games.  A quick example (I'm not accounting for special matchmaking of Chaffee's or Artillery):

As a tier 6 Medium tank, the highest tier you will end up on a team with is tier 8.  If you are in two matches in a row where the top tank was tier 8 and you were in the bottom half of the team, on the third match, matchmaking would try to put you in a match where the highest tier on the team is tier 6 OR 7 so you end up in the top half.  Remember this is based on current queue population and how long players in that queue have been waiting.  You could end up as the 7th ranked player on your team just as easily as in the top 3.

Hope that clears things up for everyone.  

See you on the battlefield.

PAINGOD

RRP #26 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9936 battles
I am sure you will be called on once again pain to explain this.

Thought I was an Atheist , till I realized Im a God.

[H] aving [A] nger [T] owards [E] veryone [R] eaching (S) uccess

My Fursona is a White and Blue wolf.

vVMr GoodCatVv #27 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28804 battles
good stuff pain

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

WGWPAIN #28 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:34 PM

• Administrator
  • 96 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostAmazing Royce, on 26 September 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Then I just walk down the hall and ask the engineer to explain it to me for the 11th time ;)

PAINGOD

l SERAPHlM l #29 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:44 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35501 battles
  • [LULZ]

View PostWGWPAIN, on 26 September 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

Absolutely, the game does not change any ammo, accuracy, armor, damage stats NOR matchmaking based on individual player skill, ranking, tank, config, equipment, etc.

Is the patented function of the MM in use (I.e. Is it actively trying to keep people within the 50/50 W/L bracket)?

No.  It's a patent only and has never been implemented in the Live game for Xbox

Now I did misspeak in my hasty reply to Wikkid Devil about matchmaking.  Matchmaking will try to make the best matches possible from the player pool in the queue.  It looks for people waiting the longest and picks the first matched pair by battle weight which is determined by tank rating only.  As said above, player skill, equipment, config crew, etc are not accounted for. Then it builds the rest of the team based on the tier range of the first pair from highest battle weight to lowest.  If you play two consecutive games and you are in the bottom half of the battle rate ranking, matchmaking will attempt to place you in the top half in your third consecutive (back to back) match.  It does not matter if you won or lost the previous games.  A quick example (I'm not accounting for special matchmaking of Chaffee's or Artillery):

As a tier 6 Medium tank, the highest tier you will end up on a team with is tier 8.  If you are in two matches in a row where the top tank was tier 8 and you were in the bottom half of the team, on the third match, matchmaking would try to put you in a match where the highest tier on the team is tier 6 OR 7 so you end up in the top half.  Remember this is based on current queue population and how long players in that queue have been waiting.  You could end up as the 7th ranked player on your team just as easily as in the top 3.

This is really just an honest question and I'm just wondering. As far as the last part where you explain how it will try and put you in a more favorable match if the first two are difficult, if it does this for someone and helps them, wouldn't that by default maybe hurt others that it is not helping? I'm having a hard time explaining what I'm thinking and I may be way off. I just mean that if it is helping one person, it seems like by default that someone else has to get the crap end of said persons help. Once again, I'm not questioning or arguing, just curious if my thoughts make even half sense, in which case is a miracle for me.

Never trust the lily pads.

WGWPAIN #30 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

• Administrator
  • 96 battles
  • [WGW]
Not really, in a team of 15 someone will always be at the bottom.  This system tries to ensure it's not always the same tanks.  Also, being in the bottom half doesn't mean you have to lose or have a bad game.  A good player will assess the situation and play accordingly.  If you're in the bottom half, don't go running into battle to slug it out.  Hang back a bit, watch the team's movement and pick a group to provide support to.  Remember you get more credit for damaging tanks that are higher tier than you so take a chance at some pot shots but for the love of (insert appropriate object here) don't try and face them head on.

Edited by WGWPAIN, 26 September 2014 - 10:49 PM.

PAINGOD

l SERAPHlM l #31 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:47 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35501 battles
  • [LULZ]
Fair enough. Thanks for the reply.

LadyObscura WGA #32 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:49 PM

Live Ops Producer

• Developers
  • 1546 battles

View PostAmazing Royce, on 26 September 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Bookmark this page guys! :blinky:

l SERAPHlM l #33 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35501 battles
  • [LULZ]
Has there ever been any thoughts or discussions of small changes to the 360 MM? Ok sorry I'll stop. Oh and E-25 plz lol.

SteampunkPagan #34 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93662 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostWGWPAIN, on 26 September 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

Thank you for this. Would you also be so kind as to tell people that you do not nerf their accounts because the say things in the forums that may not be positive about WG/WoT. I hear that one at lest once a day. I tell them that in that case I would have an under 40% win rate and under .4 KD and DCR....lol. This is no joke people really do think this it would be funny if it were not so scary 

Once more thanks for the information. Maybe people will read the whole reply this time unlike the other 15 or 20 post you have had to make on this very subject. Maybe you should lock and pin the above to the forums someplace and then in the future just post a link to save time.:smile:

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

WGWPAIN #35 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

• Administrator
  • 96 battles
  • [WGW]
Factoring experience and other stats\configs\etc is on the schedule for being experimented with.

PAINGOD

WGWPAIN #36 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:54 PM

• Administrator
  • 96 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 26 September 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

Thank you for this. Would you also be so kind as to tell people that you do not nerf their accounts because the say things in the forums that may not be positive about WG/WoT. I hear that one at lest once a day. I tell them that in that case I would have an under 40% win rate and under .4 KD and DCR....lol. This is no joke people really do think this it would be funny if it were not so scary 

Once more thanks for the information. Maybe people will read the whole reply this time unlike the other 15 or 20 post you have had to make on this very subject. Maybe you should lock and pin the above to the forums someplace and then in the future just post a link to save time.:smile:

We absolutely don't nerf accounts based on behavior.  There's not even a way for any employee to do that.  All tanks are derived from the same templates. I can't go in and change just your tank's stats, it would affect everyone that has that tank.

PAINGOD

SteampunkPagan #37 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93662 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostWGWPAIN, on 26 September 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

We absolutely don't nerf accounts based on behavior.  There's not even a way for any employee to do that.  All tanks are derived from the same templates. I can't go in and change just your tank's stats, it would affect everyone that has that tank.

LOL....I did not think you would reply to that one. Water came at my nose I am laughing so hard....:teethhappy:

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

RRP #38 Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:01 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9936 battles

View PostWGWPAIN, on 26 September 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

Then I just walk down the hall and ask the engineer to explain it to me for the 11th time ;)

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 26 September 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

Bookmark this page guys! :blinky:

Lol I have tried before to tell people this and explain it, even show them the last thread you commented in pain explaining how MM works. Some just don't seem to listen.

maybe you guys should post a thread explaining Mm and how it doesn't target good or bad players and Pin that post. Idk maybe it might help.

RRP #39 Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9936 battles

View PostWGWPAIN, on 26 September 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

don't lie, we all know you buffed my account lol I have been told. Even Grab yo Gatz knew lol.

SteampunkPagan #40 Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93662 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostAmazing Royce, on 26 September 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

don't lie, we all know you buffed my account lol I have been told. Even Grab yo Gatz knew lol.

Say it ain't so...lol.

Edited by SteampunkPagan, 26 September 2014 - 11:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users