Design a Map!

Design Map XBOX 360 Wargaming Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

TacticlTrnkMnky #41 Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:05 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8331 battles

1940s Central Park! obviously not the whole thing but a small area,  add some trees, vegetation, and on the borders have the new york skyline, skyscrapers, and buildings.  

- Forced In, Left Out

Rich B888 #42 Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5939 battles

My nomination for a map.

1. Its layout can be anything you like.

2. Only players aged at least 18 years can play on it (no 7 year olds in Tier Xs sorry)

3. Absolutely NO RED players allowed.

Hope i win. Thanks.

Mana WGA #43 Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44 battles

Hey Tankers!! I'm super excited to see some of the maps you have created already. Just some key things I wanted to mention since I noticed a few of you were asking:

• Maps will be judged based on creativity, playability, presentation, etc. (This does not mean you have to be the most amazing map maker, have FUN with it! I want you to make the map that you would want to roll around your tank in.)
  • You can absolutely do this traditionally! Just print out the grid provided, draw on it, scan or take a picture of the drawing, and then submit to this post :)
  • You do not have to do this but if you'd like you can add a description of the map you most definitely can 

I hope that helped to clarify a few things for you. If you have any questions please feel free to PM or post them here. Remember that the biggest thing I want for you guys is to have fun :smile: 

UnkeptCanine96 #44 Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11978 battles
  • [BLT]

<a href='http://oi60.tinypic.com/2m5djqh.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://oi60.tinypic.com/2m5djqh.jpg</a>

I decided to have some fun.

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Xbox One and Xbox 360

Expose' List

VxQzjJa.jpg

DARTH TETRIS #45 Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16690 battles
  • [BLT]
Unkept +1 for originality! Though I think you could have used a camper in a closet or on the toilet :blinky:

mifiliveni #46 Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9959 battles

View PostUnkeptCanine96, on 10 November 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

<a href='http://oi57.tinypic.com/2i20s2s.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://oi57.tinypic.com/2i20s2s.jpg</a>

I decided to have some fun.

Wargaming should do this for April fools day like the tank angels, the ratte, nazi ufo and zombie mode

Death in the shape of a Panzer Battalion!!!

SKyMDX #47 Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [RIFP]

Unkept, that totally reminds me of those "rats" type maps back in the days of half-life mods (there was this action hero one that was really fun, can't remember the name). The scale would definitely make the tanks look like toys :child:

Fire at the flower pots to create cover! XD

Some wise words from Quickybaby: "You are the only constant factor in your games. So your win ratio over a large number of rounds is going to be completely dependent on your skill as a player to influence the outcome of the match."

VLADIMIR RUS #48 Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19170 battles

Map name Livada 

Thanks

CookieMan0 #49 Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:10 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14926 battles

I doubt it's immediately obvious, but the idea is that this is a "boarding action" style map. Think a couple aircraft and cargo ships up close to each other, with details like crashed/destroyed planes, bomb craters, and a couple small bridges between the ships. I'd love to fight on the flight deck of a pair of warring carriers. pls make WGA.

Edit, map name: Swashbucklers.

Edited by CookieMan0, 11 November 2014 - 12:13 AM.

Garage at present: 71 tanks - 14 tier X - 35 premium

Precision Gaming member (B team AF) — follow me on Twitch and YouTube!

3 Marks of Excellence: VK16.02 Leopard, T-54, M103, M41 Bulldog

ScrubbyBits #50 Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34205 battles
  • [-SJW-]

It shall be called Greenshire lol.

I was going to create a hedgerow based map based on the terrain the allies encountered in Normandy but decided to do this instead.

Cool comp, thanks wargaming!

3 MARKS

mifiliveni #51 Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:10 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9959 battles

View PostSquintyBits, on 10 November 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

It shall be called Greenshire lol.

I was going to create a hedgerow based map based on the terrain the allies encountered in Normandy but decided to do this instead.

Cool comp, thanks wargaming!

will there also be hobbit holes? lol

Death in the shape of a Panzer Battalion!!!

ScrubbyBits #52 Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34205 battles
  • [-SJW-]

View PostMIFILIVENI, on 11 November 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

will there also be hobbit holes? lol

Lots of hobbit holes.
3 MARKS

PDG Saime #53 Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25038 battles
  • [CDR]

Map Name: Delta War 

Type: Sand/Forest   

Weather: Summer

This map represents an extreme fight in which we can find a various typologies of ground as it sand, mud, forests and villages. There are many buildings that offer shelter,while the damp forests of this zone are perfect for ambushes and encirclements. 

Edited by Mr Saime, 11 November 2014 - 10:52 PM.

RabidSasquatch0 #54 Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:44 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20452 battles
  • [VYPER]
Wrong thread.... I feel stupidish

Edited by RabidSasquatch0, 11 November 2014 - 11:44 PM.

NicoDante #55 Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27404 battles
  • [APCR]

My Map: Shipwreck / Wreck

The red crosses denote the bases. The USP of this map is the ship at the top - this huge battleship has run aground after heavy bombing, ripping holes in the sides, which have created entry points for tanks! The decks have also collapsed partially at each end, creating ramps which allow vehicles to access the top deck. Many of the walls inside have collapsed or can be driven through, meaning the ship is a two-level batteground! Some holes on the top deck would also provide Death From Above opporunities ;)

On the islands themselves there are ridges, hills, treed areas, beaches, fords, and buildings to provide interesting cover points and prevent static playstyles being too effective.

A bomber has also happened to be shot down near the ship, and has somehow ended up in such a position to create a three-way bridge between two of the islands :)

For Encounter, the base would be paced in the middle of the ship, creating the first TWO-LEVEL base!

Edited by NicoDante, 19 November 2014 - 03:54 PM.

masamunemaniac #56 Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5895 battles

Map: Unidentified

An encounter battle map taking place in a stretch of hilly countryside. Featuring a small village in the southwest, a lot of trees and a lake in the northeast, and... a massive unidentified flying object, landed right in the middle! Whatever this thing is, you can't let it fall into the opposing forces' hands.

After ascending the ramp on either side of the UFO, fighting in the strange metallic corridors will be somewhat reminiscent of skirmishes in city streets, and the number of routes available in the labyrinthine layout will provide plenty of opportunity for ambush. Two openings for firing at any opposing tanks in the village or near the lake are also available at each side of the UFO. Extra attention will need to be paid to your minimap as well, so as not to confuse any enemies underneath the UFO with those inside it.

At the centre of the UFO is a large circular room containing a number of bizarre machines, which you believe are key to taking control of the UFO. And despite being presumed otherworldly technology, a resourceful tank commander such as yourself should be able to work them out in the time it takes to amass 100 capture points. This won't be so easy a task however, as the room features two ramps to elevated areas, which would prove perfect for any tank with good gun depression to fire into the capture circle. And, perhaps more crucially, the roof of the central room appears to be retracted, exposing it to the threat of artillery fire...

Alternate weather mode: Extraterrestrials

The night sky is lit up by a number of smaller UFOs, which roam above the battlefield shining eerie green beams of light below. These beams can be seen lifting any smaller objects which lie in their path into the sky, such as fallen trees or debris blasted off of buildings. Fortunately, tanks seem to be too heavy to be abducted by these beams. Unfortunately, they act as a spotlight to make detecting you much easier, so they are still to be avoided if you intend to remain hidden outdoors.

(This was actually a lot of fun to make... also please excuse the opposition being blue, I play with colourblind mode on :D)

BBruinsfan #57 Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:01 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7993 battles

Ok, here is my map, it's Berlin 1945

<br/><a data-cke-saved-href="http://oi57.tinypic.com/s42r21.jpg" href="http://oi57.tinypic.com/s42r21.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

You have the Reichstag on the right side of the map, its takes advantage of both city fighting as well as offering straight avenues with trees on both sides to loose sight of the enemy in. I would also like to put in on key avenues pre-dug tank pits for tanks to drive in and only allowing their turret to be showing. They took advantage of this to create movable pillboxes with tanks.

DragonTerdSR #58 Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18431 battles
  • [UBMAD]

627410470.jpg

Yea that's right.  Not trying to win, just to be funny!

DAZZA 433 #59 Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19419 battles

sword beach.png

I wanted to go with a historical battle ground for my map, The drawing is basic but it gives the general layout of the map, Wikipedia has a great article on the significance of this beach during D Day

The map is called sword beach it is one of the locations that the british forces landed on during D-Day in what was the push to capture Caen to the south.

The map is made up of the long beach which will have obstacles such as wooden stakes and trenches which are historically accurate seperated from the town of Ouistreham by a sea wall which for the purposes of match making will have several areas destroyed to allow tanks to cross through, After the sea wall there is an undulating rough grassland which ideally would contain some fortified gun inplacements to use as cover and fortified trenches which were also used by the defending german forces, The town of Ouistreham forms the main basis of the map (i did it with just a couple of roads as an outline of the town as using paint to create an actual replica of the town is pretty much impossible), The town will also have fortified gun placements along the tree line to act as cover, To the east is the Orne river which would allow tanks to flank into the town.

The spawn locations for an encounter based game mode could be set at each side of the beach with the flag set in the middle of the town, For an assault the flag would also be set in the middle of the town with the attacking team spawning on the beach and for a standard game mode the flags could be at each side of the town.

Hmmm! Map doesnt seem to want to open when clicked, If you press the save button it opens into a fullscreen mode though :-)

Edited by DAZZA 433, 14 November 2014 - 08:36 PM.

Mana WGA #60 Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:37 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44 battles

I'm happy to see so many new and fun maps added!! Keep it up tankers :great:

Remember this contest ends on Wednesday so keep those entries rolling in!

Also tagged with Design, Map, XBOX, 360, Wargaming, Contest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users