Design Map XBOX 360 Wargaming Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

RainOfDemons #61 Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 1650 battles

Staging%20area%20map%201964-70.jpg    

I Chose this because my great grandfather is a ww2 vet and this is something that is based off of ww2. it shows the whole layout so its detailed and the source is right in the photo. 

RedEyeBakery #62 Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26780 battles
  • [TDRV]

View PostNicoDante, on 12 November 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

My Map: Shipwreck / Wreck

The red crosses denote the bases. The USP of this map is the ship at the top - this huge battleship has run aground after heavy bombing, ripping holes in the sides, which have created entry points for tanks! The decks have also collapsed partially at each end, creating ramps which allow vehicles to access the top deck. Many of the walls inside have collapsed or can be driven through, meaning the ship is a two-level batteground! Some holes on the top deck would also provide Death From Above opporunities ;)

On the islands themselves there are ridges, hills, treed areas, beaches, fords, and buildings to provide interesting cover points and prevent static playstyles being too effective.

A bomber has also happened to be shot down near the ship, and has somehow ended up in such a position to create a three-way bridge between two of the islands :)

For Encounter, the base would be paced in the middle of the ship, creating the first TWO-LEVEL base!

If you can use the ship and crashed plane i would love to try out this map :O!

Currently grinding tanks in Garage:Type 4 Heavy,AMX AC 48,FV3805,T-44,T69,WZ-111 1-4,P.43 BIS

jl21a #63 Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 29120 battles
  • [TRAX]

This map is called toboggan for a reason.   It is essentially a gorge between two mountainous plateaus.  Each side has two ways down the granite mountains:  Size about 1kmx1km.

1.  The narrow switchback roads carved into the cliff-sides.

2.  The very steep stream (meaning waterslide) along the Cliffside.  The plateaus should be high enough (about 300m should be sufficient), the granite streambeds smooth enough, and the speed of the rushing waters fast enough should reduce the cooefficient of friction to about zero, so that for any tank that exist, exit speed into the 15 foot deep receiving ponds should hit about 60-70 kph (for gravity, mass is irrelevant) regardless of orientation (sideways optimally so you can shoot at things on the other side of the map on the way down).  The forward lip is not very high, so entry should require care not to bump into the forward walls with any velocity as this can:

a. impart spin.

b. cause you to potentially bounce off the back side and the rebound over the ledge.

Care must occur quickly upon exit so your vehicle doesn't drown.

There are destructible bridges to the north and south and one indestructible bridge in the middle.  Solid buildings make up the town, so they can provide significant cover.  The grasslands are undulating, with scattered brush and a fair number of tree clumps.

Base recommendations and starting areas:

1. Standard Starting areas: A1, K3, Base at K3 and K0, A8 with Base at A8

2. Encounter Starting points same as Encounter with Flag at Central bridge.

3. Assault:  Attackers:  Start at A1,A0:  Defenders Start at K0,K7 Base at H7

An all weather map, switch backs would be treacherous in winter, rain or fog modes.  Night would also be scary.

Given the height of the plateaus, bases should never be placed there as an attacker could never reach them in time.

NicoDante #64 Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27404 battles
  • [APCR]

View PostSikeLike, on 15 November 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

If you can use the ship and crashed plane i would love to try out this map :O!

of course you can use them (as in drive through/over them) ;)

SHREK T T #65 Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:06 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 66151 battles
  • [D-12]

WG support say when you sell a tank your crew sell's with it be careful commanders

ScubaCrush #66 Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:54 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20064 battles
  • [MUPET]

Map Name: Desert Oasis

Terrain: Desert

Possible Weather Effects:  Day, Night and a Snowy Winter

Alternate Game Mode: Encounter with a giant cap circle that encompasses the D4 - D7 - G4 - G7.

gjacek #67 Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:15 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 31589 battles
  • [BSNJ]

Map is inspired by fields in normandy bordered by live fence. 
Light green regions - medows with bushes.

Dark green - live fences - bushes and trees,
White lines - grount roads.

Map must have at last 1500x1500m.

PRYWATNE WIADOMOŚCI PRZEZ FORUM DO MNIE NIE DOCIERAJĄ. Pisz do smakpowietrza - przeczytam, odpowiem.

fun tanks: Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf. C, ELC 90 AMX, A27M Cruiser tank Mk VIII Cromwell, Mk II Alecto, T82 (ale z trolem) FV 304 MT-25

grind:  T 54 [] VK 30.02 D [] Leopard PT A [] AMX mle 1948 [] IS2 []  IS3[]  BC155 55 [] FV 207

XBOX 360/XBOX ONE

HARRID #68 Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19424 battles
  • [-TEA-]

Hi all.

Firstly I never post, I read lots, but never post.

'Till now :)

My submission: The Push (or anything else you want)

The base idea: A town straddling a forked river.

Roads and rail lines with accompanying bridges to cross over as the river is not fordable.

The light green areas denote more urban areas (texture wise) whilst the fields are the more rural areas. Green areas are concentrations of trees.

The idea is to give the map a bit of everything for all the main classes within the game; space for SPG's to work, tight areas for the lights, open areas for the heavies/mediums and choke points for the TD's.

Hopefully a bit of everything for everyone.

I've put no elevation into the map as this is beyond my scope and feel it would be best left to those who know best.

Suggested placements:

Standard Battle

Encounter

Assault

Thank you for your consideration.

Good luck to all and keep on tanking. :)

There is nothing wrong in not being someone, not going somewhere, in not doing something.

Cruiser Abukuma #69 Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17228 battles
  • [KMD]

I know this is sloppy but i didn't have much time. I call this map countryside.

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!

ExiledHannibai #70 Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19579 battles

This map's called 'Stadium'. It's inspired by a photo of the Berlin Olympic stadium but I've given it more texture and cover. The one in my picture was nicked from a diagram of Molineux so apologies to all fthe wolves fans.

The main feature is a stadium that's been prety wrecked and I like the idea of light tanks chasing each other up and down the terracing. TD's could camp in the directors box. It's situated in a park with Office buildings and warehousing round it and a running track to the North East. The trees provide some cover forlights and the office buildings give you the oportunity to play peekaboom.  

There's a railway cutting to the West to provide a sneaky outflanking manouvere and to ensure that holding the stadium isn't the only winning strategy. The stadium would have to be designed so that the entrances and exits would be vulnerable to arty otherwise some four man platoon could hole up in there  mind you that would take four guns out of the game as it would be easy to bypass the fortress. The east has some nice ridges and sniping points.

More importantly I like the idea of an achievment for  destroying somebody as they drive through the goals..... well I can dream can't I? I've kind of had to give up on the idea of playing for Derby County on teh grounds that I'm pretty rubbish really.

Way2ez4u2 #71 Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 45213 battles
  • [NFTG]
This is Easy Way Out.

Mana WGA #72 Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44 battles
This contest ends tomorrow! Get your map designs in by 9am PT tomorrow and good luck tankers :great:

EireUndeadApple #73 Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9339 battles
i could make a map for you in Unity but with just 1 day left in this competition that doesnt look likely. 

IceFrogger1313 #74 Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:43 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 42868 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

Map Overview: Ardennes

Tankers!

Now on World of Tanks: Forum Contest Edition: Ardennes. Dominated by a central mountain, this map is sure delight tanks of all classes with its variety of combat areas. An impressive military base rests to the north-east, while a hilly forest dominates the landscape to the south-west of the mountain. Where ever you go beware the enemy!

Welcome to Ardennes

<Picture of airstrip with hangers and troop barracks in the background>

The military base to the north-east is formidable with many buildings supplies around this is the perfect place for a brawl. But be aware of your surroundings as the many roads offer flanking opportunities to the other team and around each corner could be another enemy tank.

See the sights

<Picture of tent city on top of the mountain, a quarry can be seen in the distance below to the south>

On top of the central mountain is a plateau providing a good view of the battlefield below. Tank destroyers beware though, the mountain top is also home to an archeological dig. Many tents and small cabins fill the area providing cover from those on the other side of the mountain top allowing faster tanks to sneak across the area.

Control the Map

<Picture of trees and hills with a railroad track running into a tunnel in the mountain slope>

To the south-west is the forest of Ardennes, this area offers concealment with trees, bushes, and hills. The forest climbs up the side of the mountain offering a path upward for any who dare climb its slope.

The key to controlling Aredennes lays winning the flanks. While the mountain offers a clear shot at any tanks in the forest or bases below, you will need spotters to help find them through the trees. The base on the other side can't been seen as well from the top and must be won through careful positioning and flanking of the enemy team. If either side can be won quickly the other can be surrounded and taken out!

Bases at A2 and J9.

I planned to draw the pictures out but real life got in the way... 

Syks7 #75 Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19050 battles
  • [TACO]

I apparently have way too much time on my hands.  So here's my map.  It's a much scaled down version of a gap in the alps that was expected to be the site of major tank battles if the cold war ever went hot.  I.E. it was expected that a main armor thrust from the soviet union would push through this gap in order to capture major NATO installations in and around Frankfurt.  More info here if you're interested.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulda_Gap

Name:  Fulda Gap  1000M x 1000M

Map Type:  Summer or Winter

Map Description:  Rolling fields to the Northwest (corn and wheat for cover & flowers to run over) for more open combat, a village to the south east along the river, and and alpine high ground in the extreme southeast.  

Notes:  I tried to mirror the real terrain as much as possible, and to save time I did use some pictures I edited for textures.  If anyone has an objection I'll upload the paint by numbers version.  Other than that I did all of the terrain work and modeling myself.  

Map Overview:

From the Northeast:

Farmlands to the North

The Village & High Round to the South East

From the Southwest:

Edited by Syks7, 19 November 2014 - 03:33 AM.

ThorenWood #76 Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:47 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9665 battles
  • [DOOM]

LunarRain650 #77 Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:33 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2285 battles
I had made a map but it won't let me post it.  There goes an hour of my life trying to upload it.

Edited by LunarRain650, 19 November 2014 - 06:37 AM.

RedEyeBakery #78 Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26780 battles
  • [TDRV]

View PostNicoDante, on 16 November 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:jam

of course you can use them (as in drive through/over them) ;)

B3 is my jam spot!

Currently grinding tanks in Garage:Type 4 Heavy,AMX AC 48,FV3805,T-44,T69,WZ-111 1-4,P.43 BIS

Blazestar4 #79 Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7527 battles

Here is mine, the map is called Hill:

So I made it with crayon but all the pieces are there.

The little green things are bushes or trees. The light green is open ground. There is a tan pathway going through the center of the map.

My Tanks

New French Tech Tree New Japanese Tech Tree

galermo #80 Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4431 battles

Also tagged with Design, Map, XBOX, 360, Wargaming, Contest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users