AJR568 Reviews the M18 Hellcat, American Tier VI Tank Destroyer

#REMOVE_ARTY_FROM_THE_GAME

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

ArtyHarHar #21 Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18119 battles
I don't know where all of these good Hellcat drivers are hiding (maybe they should be) but to me they are squishy and not that hard to spot.  HE at the turret wrecks them.  I only have been running into them a lot lately as I grind the Fury/Easy 8 ops but the Easy 8 whether it is using derp or not wrecks them.  Even the Pz IV and M4 derp wears them out.  Maybe I have not seen 5 or 6 Hellcats that have killed me but I have killed at least 30.  I think the Hellcat must be one of those tanks with a steep learning curve that good players can do great in but the capability of fail is a lot greater too.

spenny506 #22 Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:42 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 9953 battles
  • [BNKR]
I glad this came out after the heresy I saw posted about Hellcats being a bad tank, kinda restores my faith in humanity.

Remember, Play stupid games, and you win stupid prizes! This applies to tanks as well as life.

BongoBaggins #23 Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 4597 battles
Took optics off mine, put a rammer on. So funny rapidly killing someone with the rapid firing 76mm when your target is expecting you to either hide or run away while you reload. Oh no, this cat unleashes hell
Nowhere to run. Know where to hide.

M0DKUqc.png

Wetterhoun #24 Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:41 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4750 battles

Good review!

Mixed emotions so far with the Hellcat. For me that is. My 7 yrs old son loves it and is responsible for the stats I have with it. My biggest cons with the Hellcat is, the lack of acceleration - it can reach 72 km/h down hill or at the end of the map on flat ground, it has terrible speed bleed in turns, bad turning radius at higher speeds. Another big con is the slow rate of fire of the 90 mm gun. 

I personally prefer the M8A1. Much more nimble, smaller and easier to hide. Better acceleration. It is more like a scout with a big gun. Fast firing, highly accurate, high pen, low alpha, 57 mm gun. I expected the M18 to be more like the M8A1. It is not, so that was a disappoint to me. But I'll give the M18 a second chance. Maybe we will fall in love. ;)

Peek-a-BOOM!

Also tagged with #REMOVE_ARTY_FROM_THE_GAME

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users