E-100 Tips Angling Tier 10 Maus

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

Gumnuts #281 Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9778 battles
  • [1CAB]
I cannot pen a Maus with an IS-7 with prammo from 20m away. It's a joke.

YoPapa59 #282 Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 54877 battles
  • [2-CAV]

View PostPanzerElite25, on 15 January 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

I just got the Maus a couple of days ago and I love it. For anyone getting this tank, or thinking about getting it, there's two things to know. 1. Sidescrape sidescrape sidescrape. It'll save your life. 2. Expect low-damage rolls. The gun isn't that good, at all. Take your time, sidescrape, snipe and whittle down your opponents. If there's an urban area around you, go there. Maus tanks love closed-off urban choke-points. Reduce your incoming angles of fire and just cover one high-traffic area. If you've been playing for a long amount of time, which if you've gotten a Maus I'm guessing you have been, you'll know by now what areas on which map see the most traffic and offer the best firing solutions. Good luck out there fellow tank commanders!!! 

Well stated Panzer

DeviL-Warrior-Q8 #283 Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20545 battles
  • [XI]
E100 needs pen buff

gringan_porkin #284 Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2775 battles
I'm gonna post what I posted on the topic I created

gringan_porkin #285 Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2775 battles
I'm gonna post what I posted on the topic I created

gringan_porkin #286 Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2775 battles
Ok so after about 2 maybe 3 months with the vk.b , I decided to get the maus ... With my time in the vk.b i learnt more than the necessities of playing an armored tank and found how to beast in it ... I'd be the 3rd one on the front line bouncing all forms of shots, dodging artillery ... And dishing out damage . So I was like I've mastered it ... Time to move on to the Daddio of armor , I know how to angle my armor superbly , how to move around my turret and keep in perpetual motion to keep the armor value up while being angled and I know what I can and can't rush ... So I bought my maus ... And the first match was pure [edited]... It was a big wide open map , where it would take me the longest to get to the action , so bad that I got flanked by some mediums and tank destroyers before I even saw the front line and t seconds later ... I go from 3000 HP to 500 with artillery making the kill hit ... I lost 29k silver bounced no shots , and dmged no one ... So I thought that it was just cause it's first game in a new tank , and my first games are almost always [edited]so I thought nothing of  it ... 5 matches later I'm just not getting anything done, either the team melts like butter before I can get to work ... Or they blow past the enemy so quickly I get no DMG but get damaged cause of invisible tank destroyers who got away and tried to circle back and find me so they shoot at my rear doing a lot of DMG before they get spotted and killed ... The matches where I do get to the front and get to sidescrape either ends in the team leaving me behind and letting me be over run ,or I get shot to [edited]by artillery ... Or somehow despite the angled armor and now strengthened lower plate due to the angled armor ... They shoot the lower plate and still pen me. Now I have no more credits ... A busted up maus in my garage that can't be repaired cause I have no silver left ... And only a tier 1 tank to grind through so I can repair maus , which makes no sense cause every match loses me credits ... I miss my vk.b ... Im going from about 2k-6k DMG a match with over 4k blocked DMG to ... Like 1k DMG and 3k blocked ... Someone please help me with this and hand down the tips ... 

Neokill #287 Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7190 battles
Lots of cool tips. You should check out the link in my signature as it has lot of info. I find it very useful plus it is the only site I have found to have a Tank Comparison function for consoles

Compare tanks, packages, armor, and weak spots with actual console data: http://www.worldoftanksgameguide.com

RabidSasquatch0 #288 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:08 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17546 battles
  • [VYPER]

View Postgringan_porkin, on 24 May 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

Ok so after about 2 maybe 3 months with the vk.b , I decided to get the maus ... With my time in the vk.b i learnt more than the necessities of playing an armored tank and found how to beast in it ... I'd be the 3rd one on the front line bouncing all forms of shots, dodging artillery ... And dishing out damage . So I was like I've mastered it ... Time to move on to the Daddio of armor , I know how to angle my armor superbly , how to move around my turret and keep in perpetual motion to keep the armor value up while being angled and I know what I can and can't rush ... So I bought my maus ... And the first match was pure [edited]... It was a big wide open map , where it would take me the longest to get to the action , so bad that I got flanked by some mediums and tank destroyers before I even saw the front line and t seconds later ... I go from 3000 HP to 500 with artillery making the kill hit ... I lost 29k silver bounced no shots , and dmged no one ... So I thought that it was just cause it's first game in a new tank , and my first games are almost always [edited]so I thought nothing of  it ... 5 matches later I'm just not getting anything done, either the team melts like butter before I can get to work ... Or they blow past the enemy so quickly I get no DMG but get damaged cause of invisible tank destroyers who got away and tried to circle back and find me so they shoot at my rear doing a lot of DMG before they get spotted and killed ... The matches where I do get to the front and get to sidescrape either ends in the team leaving me behind and letting me be over run ,or I get shot to [edited]by artillery ... Or somehow despite the angled armor and now strengthened lower plate due to the angled armor ... They shoot the lower plate and still pen me. Now I have no more credits ... A busted up maus in my garage that can't be repaired cause I have no silver left ... And only a tier 1 tank to grind through so I can repair maus , which makes no sense cause every match loses me credits ... I miss my vk.b ... Im going from about 2k-6k DMG a match with over 4k blocked DMG to ... Like 1k DMG and 3k blocked ... Someone please help me with this and hand down the tips ... 

Short answer, Maus is not an easy tank to play and probably not one you will ever make money with.  Unless you have alot of strategy with how you play and platoon frequently, its probably not going to work out too well for you.  Oh and vkB has stupid armor and is OP.

Something I have to say though, you are a fairly inexperienced player (you only went down the maus line, racing to tier 10 isn't really a great idea), so it might not hurt to drop back to tier one and work your way up several lines.  This lets you get to know tanks of each tier better and have a better understanding of how each tank plays on the battlefield; who to look out for and where you can go, when its a good idea to play aggresively etc.  Experience is the key to success.  You can keep playing only one type of tank, but it severely limits your ability to understand how other players think (If you play arty you learn where arty can and cant shoot, for example).  You might not like hearing this, but it probably wouldn't hurt to get 2-3 other lines up to atleast tier 8 before you try to use the Maus.  This lets you exerience tier 10 games from different viewpoints and might give you ideas about how to play better.

You could just keep using a 1 to get silver then play a match in the Maus, but this wastes alot of time, xp, and really doesn't help you out that much.

The only advice other than that which I can give you is angle more, your side armor is REALLY good (like 30+ degrees), and always keep your turrent angled.  Only when you know all the hard hitting td's and other tanks have fired should you unangle your turret and return fire, but also keep in mind reload times because you can usually get in 2 shots for every one of theirs.  You want to try to be on the front lines, but also make sure you have friendlies sitting close by (td's and other heavies are actually more reliable than mediums, mediums can/will relocate if the other flank needs more help, there's an opening, or they know your flank is lost).  I don't know what you're doing to get shot from behind unspoted, but that really sounds to me like you're making poor decisions as to where to bring your tank (very few maps actually allow anyone to flank someone all the way behind them and have free shots; either you're going up the middle or aren't facing parallel to the edge of the map, which you will find most maps are built around.

Anyways, I wish you luck, and happy tanking.

AKalashnikovT #289 Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:24 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11071 battles
  • [ASH]

View PostNuke2099, on 31 December 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Well I sold the E-100 because I got too annoyed with playing it. Using the crew and going for the Vk45.02B now and then deciding if I want to keep that or get the E-75 back again. I might try the Maus but I will just run into the same problems I had with the E-100 most likely.

The pkfw vii is a huge disappointment, I did not keep my vk45.02b but I would tell you that you should not rush into getting it's big sister. If you like the side scraping play style then just keep the vk, cause the tier x is pretty close to garbage.

Also tagged with E-100, Tips, Angling, Tier 10, Maus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users