1080p/720p Streaming

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

I x SiNz x I #1 Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14158 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

Yo all, I was wondering if those of you out there who are able to stream in 720p/1080p could help with this?

I have the option to stream in 720p/1080p using my game capture device but during a game, the video playback is DREADFUL. Like, literally if I so much as rotate the camera, it completely pixelates the image, so you can imagine how bad it is during a match when you're constantly moving/rotating, etc.

My suspicion is that my upload speed is the culprit. It sits at about 15/16, sometimes 17mbps. I can't stream anything higher than 360p quality, because if I do it completely screws the image up on Twitch. What are your upload speeds, or how can I go about improving the image quality?

Thanks,

Joe

Edited by I x SiNz x I, 06 January 2015 - 03:23 PM.

Immortals - EU | WN8 Rating: 3500+ | WN7 Rating: 2200+

YouTube | Discord | Twitch | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon

Khor Yserion #2 Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14313 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

From what I've heard from other people who are streaming you need an upload speed of at least 3 Mb/s - 4.5 Mb/s for HD — High definition 720p resolution video (it's better to have a higher upload speed though) and at least 5 Mb/s - 9 Mb/s for HDX — Full high definition 1080p resolution video and high definition audio. That's just what I've heard and you should probably have a faster upload speed as these are kinda the minimum requirements for 720p and 1080p streaming (and as always the performance won't be great when you only fulfill the minimum requirements so having a higher upload speed is beneficial) :)

Since the dawn of man, unintelligent people have been unable to recognize their own inadequacies, therefore anything that doesn't happen exactly how they imagined it would must be the fault of someone else.

We have come for you, puny humans. Soon the tortured cries of your worthless brethren will fill the air all around you and as the last hour of your pitiful existence draws near you will face the final truth: You will not see a new dawn. There is no peace among the stars, no chosen ones that get spared but only an eternity of pain and slaughter and the mocking laughter of cruel gods.

e2Blade #3 Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 16152 battles
I had the same problem. Upgraded Internet and when I do stream (which isn't often) its nice and smooth. Plus I'm hardwired and not wireless.

I x SiNz x I #4 Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

Major

• 14158 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostAsgardianShadow, on 06 January 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

From what I've heard from other people who are streaming you need an upload speed of at least 3 Mb/s - 4.5 Mb/s for HD — High definition 720p resolution video (it's better to have a higher upload speed though) and at least 5 Mb/s - 9 Mb/s for HDX — Full high definition 1080p resolution video and high definition audio. That's just what I've heard and you should probably have a faster upload speed as these are kinda the minimum requirements for 720p and 1080p streaming (and as always the performance won't be great when you only fulfill the minimum requirements so having a higher upload speed is beneficial) :)

So then my upload speed should be more than what is required? Odd. I can't seem to explain why the picture quality drops so bad. Has anyone else experienced this too?

I x SiNz x I #5 Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

Major

• 14158 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View Poste2Blade, on 06 January 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

I had the same problem. Upgraded Internet and when I do stream (which isn't often) its nice and smooth. Plus I'm hardwired and not wireless.

Hmmm, I was thinking about upgrading the speed too. I use two PoE (power over ethernet) adapters to wire in my Xbox to my router, rather than run over wireless, because I used to get a rubbish wireless connection so that solved that issue for me too.

e2Blade #6 Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 16152 battles

My intent is at 100mbs. I don't think you need that much to stream but I'm setting up for a new gaming pc which will be awesome. 

PC MASTER RACE!!

Khor Yserion #7 Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14313 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostI x SiNz x I, on 06 January 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

So then my upload speed should be more than what is required? Odd. I can't seem to explain why the picture quality drops so bad. Has anyone else experienced this too?

It should be more than the minimum requirements, yes. I don't know how fast your internet is but I've noticed that smaller channels on twitch often have worse picture quality (I believe I read some article once talking about twitch only giving a limited bandwidth to smaller channels which results in video/audio quality drops esp. when big channels are also streaming but that could have been just one of the thousands of conspiracy theories flying around the internet) even though the streamer streams in 1080p resolution but I can't tell you for sure what causes that.

Since the dawn of man, unintelligent people have been unable to recognize their own inadequacies, therefore anything that doesn't happen exactly how they imagined it would must be the fault of someone else.

We have come for you, puny humans. Soon the tortured cries of your worthless brethren will fill the air all around you and as the last hour of your pitiful existence draws near you will face the final truth: You will not see a new dawn. There is no peace among the stars, no chosen ones that get spared but only an eternity of pain and slaughter and the mocking laughter of cruel gods.

rocksteadysolid #8 Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

First lieutenant

• WCL
  • 28334 battles
  • [-UNL-]
that upload should be more then enough.... is it simply not your pc not being able to handle the full HD throughput?  I would also set it back to 720P30 as the xbox 360 does not produce anything over that, and you are basicly making your pc render info from the same pixel 4 times..... and the same goes for internet bandwidth usage...

Old Green Axe #9 Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:34 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 21518 battles
  • [SCRUB]
something that would help to identify the issue what are you using to stream? (capture device and streaming program) sometimes no matter what your internet capabilities are the wrong settings in something like obs can really cause problems in video quality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users