• 9714 battles

Knight Jagdtiger

Spoiler

HBFT WGA #42 Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles

View PostKeystoneCops, on 09 January 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

Why can't we submit one entry for each category? I'm not asking to able to win multiple times, but odds of winning will depend on which category you're in. Thanks for considering this idea.

The contest rules do not say that you cannot submit an entry for each of the different chess pieces.  The intro just says that the "best" (as determined through voting by WG staff) in each category will win gold. :)

View PostRhymeswithN00bs, on 09 January 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Yeah, so basically if a person waits until the last minute to see which category has the fewest entries and then enters in that category they'll have the best odds of winning. Alternatively they could wait and see which category has the worst entries and improve their chances by entering in that category. It's like playing chess with the contest! Sort of...

I like your comparison between this contest and chess!  That having been said, check out my response just above this one.

View PostCanoeTipper, on 10 January 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

Is Play-doh an acceptable medium for this contest?

Absolutely!  I originally explicitly setup the contest to accept physical creations as well, but I realized the deadline might be a bit tight for that sort of thing.

KeystoneCops #43 Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17819 battles
  • [GIRLS]

"All players are welcome to join the contest but each player can submit only one entry."

-rules

HBFT WGA #44 Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles

View PostKeystoneCops, on 12 January 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

"All players are welcome to join the contest but each player can submit only one entry."

-rules

I can definitely see how that is confusing. *facepalm for HBFT*

I had originally intended to avoid multiple posts from each participant.  That having been said, if you want to do something similar to this, then I don't have a problem with it.

DARTH TETRIS #45 Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16690 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostHBFT WGA, on 12 January 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

I can definitely see how that is confusing. *facepalm for HBFT*

I had originally intended to avoid multiple posts from each participant.  That having been said, if you want to do something similar to this, then I don't have a problem with it.

Much clearer now, thanks HBFT!

SquidRoe #46 Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6263 battles

Tier I  Leichttraktor as Pawn because it's a great little tier I tank.(the best imho)

Tim Myrrhs #47 Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11807 battles
  • [ARMOR]

Great Contest!

Forward: Why only pick one chess piece when you can make the whole board? I couldn't decide which piece so I just made the entire chess battlefield. If this was a real product I would have to buy this! :coin: I also went for more of a non-traditional chess piece by placing a physical model of the tank on the board and then placing the chess piece icon on the side of the tank. I believe these pieces to be more practical and less top heavy. These could be 3-D printed or silicon or injection molded (or even hand carved if you really have a lot of free time.) to make a classic spin off of chess and World of tanks. This is just a concept so I was unable to have the German tanks facing the right direction (I needed an image of the top rear of the tanks). I based this board on a tier 10 match with tier 5 light tanks. 

(sorry I can't get this to un-bold. #noob moment)  Managed to un-bold it! Yay for re-typing.

World of Tanks Chess: American vs German

The fun of world of Tanks can now be brought off of the battlefield and onto the chess board. Play your favorite tanks in a classic game of chess with this all new World of Tanks Chess set: American vs. German. World of Tanks is a team game and every tank plays an important role on the battlefield or chess board. Scouts, Medium Tanks, Heavy Tanks, and Tank Destroyers and even artillery are included in this one of a kind chess set. 

Chess Piece: WhiteQueen

Tank Chosen: WT Auf E-100 

Chess Piece: Black Queen

Tank Chosen: T57 Heavy 

The Powerhouse Autoloader on the battlefield, attacking in any direction and capable of doing extreme damage, however is extremely valuable and sometimes may need to be protected.

Chess Piece: White King

Tank Chosen: G.W. E 100

Chess Piece: Black King

Tank Chosen: T92

This Self-Propelled gun sits in the back of the battlefield watching their teammates with careful eyes and must be protected because if taken the battle is over.

Chess Piece: White Bishop

Tank Chosen: E-100 and Maus 

Chess Piece: Black Bishop

Tank Chosen: T110E5 

The heavy tanks are capable of dealing damage, taking a hit to protect valuable members and advance the line of assault; the bishop is often the core any assault.

Chess Piece: White Knight

Tank Chosen: Leopard 1 and E 50 Ausf. M 

Chess Piece: Black Night

Tank Chosen: M48 Patton

Medium tanks are the flankers and support of the assault. Knights are able to quickly get into position at the start of a match, outmaneuvering slower tanks.

Chess Piece: White Rook

Tank Chosen: Jagdpanzer E 100 

Chess Piece: Black Rook

Tank Chosen: T110E3 and T110E4 

The wall of steel and fire on the battlefield with the armor and gun able to destroy anything in its path. In chess the rook is often the last defense, able to castle with King, and also able to support an assault.

Chess Piece: White Pawn

Tank Chosen: VK 16.02 

Chess Piece: Black Pawn

Tank Chosen: M24 Chaffee

Light tanks are the eyes and ears of the team, in Chess they are the first to make an encounter. Though simple the pawns have the most complex set of moves they are able to make. Moving straight one or two, able to capture differently by flanking and surprising enemies, Don’t underestimate these small fries because if they reach the other side they will be upgraded to a queen.

Edited by Tiom Lines, 12 January 2015 - 08:39 PM.

Thank you Wargaming for World of Tanks.

bulletmaster22 #48 Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8294 battles

View PostSquidRoe, on 12 January 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

Tier I  Leichttraktor as Pawn because it's a great little tier I tank.(the best imho)

Wow! That is awesome! Is that real or is it a drawn image? It looks very real me.

Block Quote

...At a prewar diplomatic conference, the Nazi Foreign Minister Ribbentrop "sniffed" to Eden and Churchill that if there was another war, the Italians would be on Germany's side!
To which Churchill supposedly replied: "that seems only fair, we had them last time!"...

UnkeptCanine96 #49 Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11979 battles
  • [BLT]

View Postbulletmaster22, on 12 January 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

Wow! That is awesome! Is that real or is it a drawn image? It looks very real me.

I'd say it's either autodesk inventor or solid works.

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Xbox One and Xbox 360

Expose' List

VxQzjJa.jpg

DARTH TETRIS #50 Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16690 battles
  • [BLT]

Pieces color coded by nation in case expansion packs are purchased in the future

Pawn: Pz II J

It advances slowly but steadily, seems to do very little damage, but can be a barrier to attack.

Knight: Cromwell (with flowing mane)

A fast warrior that seems to come out of nowhere and flank the enemy, while still being able to do damage.

Rook: FV3803

Attacks targets that is is facing and will just plow through the opposition in front of it.

Bishop: JagdTiger 8.8

Limited in angle of attack, it is mobile and able to strike quickly.

Queen: Hellcat

Cause what else but a cat would reek havok on the battlefield? Able to get anywhere in the area of combat quickly, and destroys whatever foe it might face.

King: T-57 heavy

Powerful big tank that can change the course of a game in seconds.

Had fun with this. My favorite is the Cromwell with flowing mane. Can we get this in game?

UnsoundDineen #51 Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10166 battles

View PostSquidRoe, on 12 January 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

well... hes won

PDG Saime #52 Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25089 battles
  • [CDR]
Ok, sorry but I had understood that it could be entered only with one class.
Therefore,it can be participated to all 6 classes?

Edited by Mr Saime, 13 January 2015 - 09:31 AM.

RedEyeBakery #53 Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26328 battles
  • [TDRV]
Will you guys do like a mock battle like with the tankemon card contest? would be kinda kewl to watch?

Currently grinding tanks in Garage:Type 4 Heavy,AMX AC 48,FV3805,T-44,T69,WZ-111 1-4,P.43 BIS

Arthritic Sloth #54 Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:48 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13264 battles

I picked the Hellcat for the knight piece, as Hellcat drivers are notorious for pushing right into the middle of the fray (even at times when they should not). Many of our introductions to the business-end of these machines involved them popping up from right beside and even behind us. With an analytical driver, this TD's mobility, camouflage, and turret allow it to create issues for opponents all over the virtual battlefield, just as an astute chess player looks for opportunities to create knight forks deep in their opponent's ranks. 

SquidRoe #55 Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6263 battles

View Postbulletmaster22, on 12 January 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Thanks, its a 3d model (made by me) rendered in a 3d app.

HBFT WGA #56 Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles

View PostMr Saime, on 13 January 2015 - 01:30 AM, said:

Ok, sorry but I had understood that it could be entered only with one class.
Therefore,it can be participated to all 6 classes?

If you would like to make a submission for each class, that is allowed.  I would ask though that you do so in a single post.  Additionally, we will judge each chess piece individually against the rest of the submissions for that piece.

View PostSikeLike, on 13 January 2015 - 06:08 AM, said:

Will you guys do like a mock battle like with the tankemon card contest? would be kinda kewl to watch?

haha that would be awesome, but I'm not sure how I would communicate that through text.  I would imagine that it would be pretty boring to just see textually related Chess movements.

(That is also my way of sliding out of having to play Chess against Pizzastorm.  I'm sure he is much better than I am... :P )

PDG Saime #57 Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25089 battles
  • [CDR]

View PostHBFT WGA, on 13 January 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

If you would like to make a submission for each class, that is allowed.  I would ask though that you do so in a single post.  Additionally, we will judge each chess piece individually against the rest of the submissions for that piece.

Thank you HBFT!

Ok,if possible,I put myself newly to job,in order to publish all  the 6 classes in one post.

HBFT WGA #58 Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles

View PostMr Saime, on 13 January 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Thank you HBFT!

Ok,if possible,I put myself newly to job,in order to publish all the 6 classes in one post.

If you would like to make a new post to do that, you are more than welcome to.  We're not here to be overly strict for fun contests.  We just like to keep a bit of order to the contest threads because I think it makes it easier on everyone...and as a result, it is easier / more fun to look at all of the cool submissions that everyone has to share!

bulletmaster22 #59 Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8294 battles

Chess Piece: King

Tank Chosen: E-100 (Because it's slow, quite big and a game-changing piece)

Chess Piece: Pawn

Tank Chosen: Renault FT (Slow, with powerful turret armour, but open from the back from enemy attacks.)

I might make one more by Friday, and post it in under here. ;)

I hope these are winners.

Block Quote

...At a prewar diplomatic conference, the Nazi Foreign Minister Ribbentrop "sniffed" to Eden and Churchill that if there was another war, the Italians would be on Germany's side!
To which Churchill supposedly replied: "that seems only fair, we had them last time!"...

PEKTOP #60 Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 62704 battles
Chess Piece: Bishop

Also tagged with Tank, Chess, Wargaming, XBOX, 360, Contest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users