Tank Chess Wargaming XBOX 360 Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

Red Dough Boy #61 Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:56 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26776 battles
  • [APG]

http://i.imgur.com/AdB0GpN.png (Not the best image, but oh well lol)

Queen: FV215b 183.

Fits with the whole "God save the Queen!" British saying. And with the Chess piece it can knock out many pieces by itself from across the board, but it's still vulnerable if used incorrectly.

That's just my attempt at this.

If I only had a Baneblade....

UnsoundDineen #62 Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10091 battles

Here are my other entries WG, hope you like them

First up is the Pawn chess tank

Type: pawn

Tank: Cruiser IV

Description: I pick this light, fast tank because its my favourite tank and it being T3, it can actually do something with its gun. also this tank is cheap to make so expect an armada charging at you.(because its my fav, I spent more time on it then the rest

Type:  King

Tank: Conqueror

Description: Being the best British heavy, the Conqueror deserves to be king for the fact that it is the only British heavy with a heavy tank gun.

Type: Queen

Tank: TOG II

Description: Her majesty land ship was to big for Photoshop and the chess pieces, so here's the only picture it would fit on. That being said, I think you will agree

Type: Knight

Tank: Comet

Description: Fast, silent, good looking?I chose the Comet for 1) QwickyBaby approves it, and 2) its mobility is outstanding, making perfect for a horse chess piece.

Type: Rook

Tank: Fv304 (BERT)

Description: What happens when you put the BERT on top of a tower? I chose the FV304 because with its high gun arc, it can hit enemy engine decks. but give it a tower to camp on, the BERT is untouchable :trollface:

These are my entries :) good luck everyone.

Edited by UnsoundDineen, 14 January 2015 - 07:39 PM.

JG52 Up #63 Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11206 battles

Hello!

I tryed to did my best.

Attached Files

• Attached File   Chess.jpg   39.07K

CHUGGER T #64 Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 1505 battles
King tiger as king...obvious i know but thought id use debris as a mount.

Mac an tSagart #65 Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15293 battles
  • [GUYS]

Piece:  Knight
Chosen tank: Hellcat
Reason: Powerful. Unexpected. Agile.This American tank destroyer can get to places people often don’t expect and hit them hard, then it skips away. Hard to keep hemmed in and punishing to ignore, just like the Knight. 

Piece: Pawn
Chosen tank:  Pz1 Auf C
Reason: Unimportant. Vital. Dangerous.The light Panzer that could, well some of the time. What a wonderful little tank when not facing things above its pay grade. Like the Pawn it can take apart many another tank and will be ignored for too long by others. 

Piece: Bishop
Chosen tank: S51
Reason: A 203mm shell rarely makes you friends but it does come from unexpected places. The S51 is very like the Bishop as it can cut through those unexpected angles with devastating resulting. 

Piece: Rook
Chosen tank: Jagtiger
Reason: Dangerous. Focused. Vulnerable.With a ferocious gun and good frontal armour the JagTiger is a terror to anything it faces. But like the Rook it can be caught about by pieces not it its kill zone. 

Piece: Queen
Chosen tank: T57 Heavy
Reason: Vital. Scary. Damaging. Like the Queen the T57 is not something that can ignored easily unless you want a quick trip back to garage. It can hit hard, fast and just about anywhere. Both will have a high focus placed on them by the Reds. 

Piece: King
Chosen tank: Maus
Reason: All eyes on me!That wonderful magnet of firepower the Maus. From players who drive it like they own the world to loyal greens who through endless rounds at it, the Maus is the most like the King in this game. Not very damaging but survives a long time.

UnsoundDineen #66 Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10091 battles

View PostMac an tSagart, on 15 January 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

http://tinyurl.com/k2cvduq  

Piece:  Knight
Chosen tank: Hellcat
Reason: Powerful. Unexpected. Agile.This American tank destroyer can get to places people often don’t expect and hit them hard, then it skips away. Hard to keep hemmed in and punishing to ignore, just like the Knight. 

Piece: Pawn
Chosen tank:  Pz1 Auf C
Reason: Unimportant. Vital. Dangerous.The light Panzer that could, well some of the time. What a wonderful little tank when not facing things above its pay grade. Like the Pawn it can take apart many another tank and will be ignored for too long by others. 

Piece: Bishop
Chosen tank: S51
Reason: A 203mm shell rarely makes you friends but it does come from unexpected places. The S51 is very like the Bishop as it can cut through those unexpected angles with devastating resulting. 

Piece: Rook
Chosen tank: Jagtiger
Reason: Dangerous. Focused. Vulnerable.With a ferocious gun and good frontal armour the JagTiger is a terror to anything it faces. But like the Rook it can be caught about by pieces not it its kill zone. 

Piece: Queen
Chosen tank: T57 Heavy
Reason: Vital. Scary. Damaging. Like the Queen the T57 is not something that can ignored easily unless you want a quick trip back to garage. It can hit hard, fast and just about anywhere. Both will have a high focus placed on them by the Reds. 

Piece: King
Chosen tank: Maus
Reason: All eyes on me!That wonderful magnet of firepower the Maus. From players who drive it like they own the world to loyal greens who through endless rounds at it, the Maus is the most like the King in this game. Not very damaging but survives a long time.

where pic?

Mac an tSagart #67 Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15293 battles
  • [GUYS]

View PostUnsoundDineen, on 15 January 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

where pic?

It is the link at the top. I cannot seem to make it insert correctly on my phone. Will be looking at it when I am home.

Edit: there seems to be edited and working in the original post.

Crazedtiger77 #68 Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11426 battles

Sorry for the awful image, I wanted to get this up in time for the deadline.

The tank I've chosen is the Tetrarch as the Bishop as it can strike quickly and effectively into enemy lines if no bigger tanks block its way. This is one of the tanks I have built in Lego and for the purpose of this contest, I added the chess-style base. Anyway, hope you like it!

Edited by Crazedtiger77, 15 January 2015 - 04:55 PM.

CHUGGER T #69 Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 1505 battles
my image dissapeared so a repost of my m107.

UnsoundDineen #70 Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10091 battles

View Postbigdaddyturtle8, on 10 January 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

Spoiler

My Piece, The Maus King

-Why is it the king? The king of HP and armour that is.

-How ever like the king on its own it can be helpless against faster(move more spaces) tanks(pieces).

Made using Windows Fresh Paint.

Edit:forgot 'turtle' in my name, had to change the image so it said my full name.

Second edit:discovered images was slightly too small to fit with the rules, so I made it bigger.

this is awesome :)

Benstinator5000 #71 Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:06 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3254 battles

View Postbigdaddyturtle8, on 10 January 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

Spoiler

My Piece, The Maus King

-Why is it the king? The king of HP and armour that is.

-How ever like the king on its own it can be helpless against faster(move more spaces) tanks(pieces).

Made using Windows Fresh Paint.

Edit:forgot 'turtle' in my name, had to change the image so it said my full name.

Second edit:discovered images was slightly too small to fit with the rules, so I made it bigger.

Dang, didn't realize you had already done the Maus. Still a great idea, anyone who came up with that must be a genius.

For honor, for glory and for wealth. Now, DEATH TO THE SCUMBAGS! 

BlackBull1st #72 Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:43 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 58946 battles

Here is my piece

Rook: FV3805, The last stand, tower of defense, rook on field can cover all the angles of map shooting up in horizontal or vertical direction.

He also can make a castling when the base is under attack.

BleakPanther #73 Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:03 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5840 battles

I don't think I have any programs for this sort of thing, but I really want to submit an entry. . I say the KV-2 is the best king! He's not great on his own (or at range), but if you have the guts to take him on up close, he'll bury you. 

AMX 50 120 - Churchill VII - VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B - Tog II* - Ram II - T14 - T32 - T54E1 - AMX Chaffee - Pz.Sfl. V - Pz. V M10 - IS-2 - 59-16 - Chi-Nu Kai - T2 Light - MTLS-1G14 - Chaffee - T95E2 - Pz. S35 P.S, don't be afraid to add me on Xbox Live. Be sure to shoot me a message whenever you want to play! My Gamertag is BleakPanther.

Red Dough Boy #74 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26776 battles
  • [APG]

View PostBleakPanther, on 16 January 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

I don't think I have any programs for this sort of thing, but I really want to submit an entry. . I say the KV-2 is the best king! He's not great on his own (or at range), but if you have the guts to take him on up close, he'll bury you. 

KV-2 AKA Khrushchev Vehicle 2 says "Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you.” Nikita Khrushchev.

Just though I'd leave this quote here lol.

If I only had a Baneblade....

UnsoundDineen #75 Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10091 battles

View PostBenstinator5000, on 16 January 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

Dang, didn't realize you had already done the Maus. Still a great idea, anyone who came up with that must be a genius.

:trollface::trollface::trollface:

HBFT WGA #76 Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles
Closing this topic for judging.  I hope to come back with the results soon! :)

HBFT WGA #77 Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles

There were awesome Tank Chess pieces all over the contest thread and we are happy to announce the winners in each category!

Winners (1,250 Gold):

PAWN: SquidRoe

Knight: Arthritic Sloth

Bishop: Crazedtiger77

Rook: BlackBull1st

Queen: SpartacusDiablo

King: Mr Saime

Additionally, there was an entry that stuck in the minds of a lot of the staff here so much so that we added another reward spot!

Description:

Creative Favorite: FATAL ASSERTION

Thank you to everyone who participated and congratulations again to all of the winners! :)

Also tagged with Tank, Chess, Wargaming, XBOX, 360, Contest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users