Overlooked Tank Much Like So Tank Very Heavy Merica

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

CaliMeatWagon #1 Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

So, I got a YouTube Channel, I make videos and stuff, yeah. Thought I would make some about World of Tanks. You know, do some reviews, tell people what I think. This is my first time doing a review on anything, so be easy on me peoples. If you feel I'm missing anything, or would like to see me include something, let me know. Either here, or in the video comments. Also, if you would like to see me do a review on a certain tank, just let me know. Now I won't be able to do certain tanks as I don't have them, or I'm not going to (German's for ex.) as I don't have money to drop on this game. But yeah, let me know what you peoples think.

View PostWGWPAIN, on 17 February 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.

X Fuddy Duddy X #2 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16861 battles
What is the name of your channel?

CaliMeatWagon #3 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

View PostX Fuddy Duddy X, on 14 January 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

What is the name of your channel?

CaliMeatWagon Gaming 

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrCMWGaming

Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.

Sir Moose V #4 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19672 battles
  • [FURRY]

*looks at the title, reads the post*

i've been mislead...

289g7x3.jpg

もう一回,もう一回 「私は今日も転がります。」と,
少女は言う 少女は言う 言葉に意味を奏でながら!

Furaffinity: Kitsune_Nana Skype: Puppetzombie2 Twitter: @puppetzombie

CaliMeatWagon #5 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

View PostSir Moose V, on 14 January 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

*looks at the title, reads the post*

i've been mislead...

lol, um, nooooo......... lol I fire bacon all day.

Sir Moose V #6 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19672 battles
  • [FURRY]

fair enough, i'll throw you a subscription if you promise to make a wargaming cat bacon video in the future

289g7x3.jpg

少女は言う 少女は言う 言葉に意味を奏でながら!

CaliMeatWagon #7 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

View PostSir Moose V, on 14 January 2015 - 02:34 AM, said:

fair enough, i'll throw you a subscription if you promise to make a wargaming cat bacon video in the future

Sounds funny, maybe I can make something of that.

Sir Moose V #8 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19672 battles
  • [FURRY]
then you sir have a new sub

289g7x3.jpg

少女は言う 少女は言う 言葉に意味を奏でながら!

CaliMeatWagon #9 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

View PostSir Moose V, on 14 January 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

then you sir have a new sub

YAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

Seriously, thank you.

leova #10 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11329 battles
  • [47R]

the title of this changed midway throiugh me watching the video, so i was VERY confuysed for a short time

nice review though, i love the use of the armor inspector to show weakspots, etc

I also love the T1 Heavy, and think that although you showed a lot of great low-movement gameplay, the T1 HEavy excels in fast-paced aggressive play as well, its speed and fast gun make it lethal as a frontline spearhead :izmena:

CaliMeatWagon #11 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

View Postleova, on 14 January 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

the title of this changed midway throiugh me watching the video, so i was VERY confuysed for a short time

nice review though, i love the use of the armor inspector to show weakspots, etc

I also love the T1 Heavy, and think that although you showed a lot of great low-movement gameplay, the T1 HEavy excels in fast-paced aggressive play as well, its speed and fast gun make it lethal as a frontline spearhead :izmena:

Very much so. I do play this like a medium more than not. I just kept getting low Tier in my recording session. And I don't think that me dying in the first 2 minutes would be a good review, lol.

And thank you, I'm glad you liked the video.

primer31 #12 Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27029 battles
Nice video. The T-1 heavy is my favorite tank. We have pretty much the same setup, except I have 17 perks on mine. The only thing I really do different is I have some premium ammo equiped for when I go against tier 7 tanks. I agree the tank is overlooked by alot of people. I see alot of kv-1's and churchhills compared to very few T-1's. I've gotten 2 pools and 12 radleys in it. It's the one tank I'll never sale.

My garage: Elite tanks: T-1 heavy, M 6, T 29,T 32, M 103, T 110E5, E 75, Tiger II, E 100, T57 Heavy, T71, T54E1.

heavies are that noob friendly class in which you can just drive straight and bounce shells without even trying. Lifetilts 2016.

Are you hiding in the back because you are in arty? Or are you playing arty so you can hide in the back? Still waiting for "arty safe" to be proven. The arty hate is strong in this one.

leova #13 Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11329 battles
  • [47R]

View Postprimer31, on 14 January 2015 - 06:20 AM, said:

Nice video. The T-1 heavy is my favorite tank. We have pretty much the same setup, except I have 17 perks on mine. The only thing I really do different is I have some premium ammo equiped for when I go against tier 7 tanks. I agree the tank is overlooked by alot of people. I see alot of kv-1's and churchhills compared to very few T-1's. I've gotten 2 pools and 12 radleys in it. It's the one tank I'll never sale.

I actually was wondering about this Cali - your T1 shows 1.4Million XP, yet the crew only shows 2 perks - is that because the Perks list scrolled down and we can't see the rest?

Or did you use your T1 as a trainer and then move their crew elsewhere?

Mariousic #14 Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14939 battles
  • [BNKR]
I'm already subbed :)

CaliMeatWagon #15 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

View Postleova, on 14 January 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

I actually was wondering about this Cali - your T1 shows 1.4Million XP, yet the crew only shows 2 perks - is that because the Perks list scrolled down and we can't see the rest?

Or did you use your T1 as a trainer and then move their crew elsewhere?

This is my 3rd crew in it. The first crew is now in my T54E1 with 9 perks, the second crew is in my E5 with 11 perks, and the current crew I'm logging the XP to see the required amount for each perk.

mdvirata0211 #16 Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17428 battles

Great Video... Most of the You Tube tank reviews are PC version . I like your how you set up your review and

I look forward to seeing more reviews. :) thinking about bacon has made me hungry.

Edited by mdvirata0211, 14 January 2015 - 10:44 PM.

EggySalmon #17 Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:53 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20755 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

My overall opinion (I just stopped the video and point out things that need improving) this is very pickey and to be honest some of it I don't care about but I might as well point it out but taking some of this will probably help

Hull armour pretty good. so what is the armour values? press Y before you press A on the tank might have been better for the basic armour

1st set of replays didn't really show much to prove your point it just seemed like gameplay that could be done in any tank maybe mobility was your point but didn't really get any emphasis on it

Is there any other type of equipment that could be put on this tank?

APCR effectiveness at say 0-200m? And are they worth it when fighting certain tanks?

Crew skills didn't here much recommendations there even saying repairs as a good 3rd skill (might have said)

When you looked at the weakspots I'm assuming that's a phone app and if I'm correct it would have been better to show the pen chance (armour piercer) with an average gun of that tier rather then just the weakspots itself heck you might even learn some new weakspots for example t1 heavy aim for the gaps in the turret that wasn't mentioned and you could show effective angling in certain tanks in later reviews and it gives people a better idea of the armour then a number

Final replay really you only showed the gun and nothing else from the review it is all stat based and less how it plays maybe a full good match would have been better so people get a better look of the tank, If I was to talk to someone about this tank based purely on this review I would say it looks ok its fairly mobile, a decent gun and the armour will get a few bounces couldn't comment anymore

​​

KawaiiKonChan #18 Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:01 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3385 battles
  • [KMD]
Subbed. 

Wolfie: Your favorite tsundere gamer. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CaliMeatWagon #19 Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

View PostEggySalmon, on 14 January 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

My overall opinion (I just stopped the video and point out things that need improving) this is very pickey and to be honest some of it I don't care about but I might as well point it out but taking some of this will probably help

Hull armour pretty good. so what is the armour values? press Y before you press A on the tank might have been better for the basic armour

1st set of replays didn't really show much to prove your point it just seemed like gameplay that could be done in any tank maybe mobility was your point but didn't really get any emphasis on it

Is there any other type of equipment that could be put on this tank?

APCR effectiveness at say 0-200m? And are they worth it when fighting certain tanks?

Crew skills didn't here much recommendations there even saying repairs as a good 3rd skill (might have said)

When you looked at the weakspots I'm assuming that's a phone app and if I'm correct it would have been better to show the pen chance (armour piercer) with an average gun of that tier rather then just the weakspots itself heck you might even learn some new weakspots for example t1 heavy aim for the gaps in the turret that wasn't mentioned and you could show effective angling in certain tanks in later reviews and it gives people a better idea of the armour then a number

Final replay really you only showed the gun and nothing else from the review it is all stat based and less how it plays maybe a full good match would have been better so people get a better look of the tank, If I was to talk to someone about this tank based purely on this review I would say it looks ok its fairly mobile, a decent gun and the armour will get a few bounces couldn't comment anymore

Thanks for your input. Like I stated this is my first time doing a review of any kind so it's good to get some feedback on this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users