Stream Over

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CaliMeatWagon #1 Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

I'm streaming right now and finally got my donations set up.

http://www.twitch.tv/CaliMeatWagon_Gaming

View PostWGWPAIN, on 17 February 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.

Sovietdeath #2 Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:37 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15347 battles

View PostCaliMeatWagon, on 14 January 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

I shake my head at all you guys who ask for donations, I think its very poor taste, just saying.

CaliMeatWagon #3 Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

View PostSovietdeath, on 14 January 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

I shake my head at all you guys who ask for donations, I think its very poor taste, just saying.

I don't stream for the fun of it. Neither do I spend hours recording and editing videos for Youtube just for giggles. I won't lie, I'm trying to make money off of it. And if people want to freely give their money, who are you to judge?

Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.

e2Blade #4 Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:10 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 16152 battles

I think he was talking more about anouncing it (advertising or asking).

But my opinion is just that, my opinion.

Sovietdeath #5 Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15347 battles

View PostCaliMeatWagon, on 14 January 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

I don't stream for the fun of it. Neither do I spend hours recording and editing videos for Youtube just for giggles. I won't lie, I'm trying to make money off of it. And if people want to freely give their money, who are you to judge?

I didn't judge you, I simply stated my opinion on it. I have no problem with people getting donations but announcing or asking for them is bad taste in my opinion.

BlueTricky #6 Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4809 battles
  • [WINDS]

I think what Soviet is trying to communicate is that there has been an uptick in people interested in streaming these last few years  because they see other people get paid to do it and see it as an income source rather than a fun hobby and it bothers people who started out the opposite 

I don't think any one can really dispute that. Regardless whatever makes more content for me to watch is fine by me

Suicide scout is such a harsh description. I prefer non-risk averse forward manuvering vehicle. It's honorable and complimenting and the best part, by the time you finish saying it, I'm already behind enemy lines raising hell.

CaliMeatWagon #7 Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

View PostBlueTricky, on 14 January 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

I think what Soviet is trying to communicate is that there has been an uptick in people interested in streaming these last few years  because they see other people get paid to do it and see it as an income source rather than a fun hobby and it bothers people who started out the opposite 

I don't think any one can really dispute that. Regardless whatever makes more content for me to watch is fine by me

That's the only reason why I do it. It wouldn't be worth it to me otherwise.

leova #8 Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11329 battles
  • [47R]

Important note: If you're going to make a fresh topic, it needs to have MORE content than just "i now accept donations"

Put up a video,  some sort of Review, some interesting Strategy tidbit....something to make the thread worth-existing, so to speak

edit: just a link isn't enough, its not actual content

Edited by leova, 15 January 2015 - 07:47 AM.

CaliMeatWagon #9 Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

View Postleova, on 14 January 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

Important note: If you're going to make a fresh topic, it needs to have MORE content than just "i now accept donations"

Put up a video and/or link, some sort of Review, some interesting Strategy tidbit....something to make the thread worth-existing, so to speak

I did. Thank you for the "tid-bit" though.

View PostCaliMeatWagon, on 14 January 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users