Shared Streaming Calendar

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

KMaus WGA #1 Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21 battles
I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but i feel like we should try to find a way to make a shared calendar - where we can all list our streaming times, and it can show up on one publicly accessible calendar. I think this would be do-able via Google calendar, but am open to suggestions. Questions.

- Streamers: does this sound valuable? would you use it? your streaming time, site, contact info - etc can be added to the calendar event, which is great publicity.
- non-streamers / viewers: would you use this? do you think its useful?
- Google calendar? Something else?
- anyone interested in helping with this idea / implementation?

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13184 battles
  • [WGW]

Just stopping in to throw an idea into the ring. On the Portal, there is a Calendar. Would it be possible to get that up and running to show Player's streams? (And also WG streams)

http://worldoftanksx...vents_calendar/

ghillie1sniper1 #3 Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 4025 battles
Shared streaming calendar? Brilliant. Now I can stream snipe with greater frequency and accuracy.:trollface:

girl.gif
"Assault destroyer, proud to serve!"           "Since the dawn of man, unintelligent people have been unable to recognize their own inadequacies, therefore anything that doesn't happen exactly how they imagined it would must be the fault of someone else."           "Mace 2 Face"         "I am lightning, the rain transformed"     "Little mac ain't no air fighter "      In the interest of protecting you my ass,  screw off.            Arma, Insurgency, Red Orchestra, Operation Flashpoint.          Valrave, Mirai Nikki,  Kiseijuu, Aldnoah, Brynhildr,

THO Mad Friday #4 Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17205 battles

View Postghillie1sniper1, on 22 January 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

Shared streaming calendar? Brilliant. Now I can stream snipe with greater frequency and accuracy.:trollface:

I chuckled

JoeDaFrogman #5 Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostKMaus WGA, on 22 January 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but i feel like we should try to find a way to make a shared calendar - where we can all list our streaming times, and it can show up on one publicly accessible calendar. I think this would be do-able via Google calendar, but am open to suggestions. Questions.

- Streamers: does this sound valuable? would you use it? your streaming time, site, contact info - etc can be added to the calendar event, which is great publicity.
- non-streamers / viewers: would you use this? do you think its useful?
- Google calendar? Something else?
- anyone interested in helping with this idea / implementation?

Pssst..... Twitch has an API...something that is currently missing for the XBox version(though the PC has some).     Check out Wotlabs.net.  In the top left is a list of "sponsored" streamers.   Now..  I don't know what the sponsored part means, but CLEARLY, the site is using twitch's API to determine that those players are currently streaming or not, so there should be no reason why WG could not do the same for "registered" stream players.   

FYI:  I am a developer, so...umm yea give me a nice high paying job(as long as I can telecomute...lol)

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

e2Blade #6 Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:21 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 16152 battles
I stream Tuesdays, Thursday, and Sundays of yout want to right my name down. 

CaliMeatWagon #7 Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]

I like this idea, but my probably is even though I stream on a somewhat regular basis, I don't follow a schedule as my primary source of income involves me being on call 24/7. This means that any moment I may have to stop the stream or not even stream that day.

View Postghillie1sniper1, on 22 January 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Good luck trying that on me. I purposely set mine up to have a delay (~60 seconds) to prevent that low skill tactic.

View PostWGWPAIN, on 17 February 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users