retro-VISI0N's channel on Youtube

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

mer0u1 #1 Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 32373 battles

Hello everyone and let me introduce myself.

My gamertag is mer0u1 and I'm a french player. Maybe some of you already went and saw my videos on Youtube and I sincerely thank the english community for following it. And for their likes and comments too.

I recently decided to post on the forum so any World of Tanks Xbox 360 Edition's player can discover the channel and have a sneak peek into some tank's gameplay.

I play World of Tanks Xbox 360 Edition since its release in february 2014 and I really enjoy it. Before that, I already heard about it but never played it. It is a friend of mine and also a Youtuber, Fuuldrin Gaming, who made me discover the game and like it, since I'm not very fond of cooperative and multiplayer games.

This is the reason I decided to record videos from different kind of games so anyone can have a look over the game and, most important,  its tanks. Rather than adding commentaries on my videos, I only show pure gameplay for tactical and strategic purpose. And sometimes fun too.

I usually play with tank destroyers, sometimes heavy tanks and I recently had some fun playing with french light and medium tanks, especially the Batignolles-Châtillon 25 t.

So don't hesitate to come and visit my channel and, if you like the videos or not, please leave a comment, or even a like or dislike.

Thank you for your support and rendez-vous on the battlefield. But I'm sure I came across some of you on the battlefield, if not, what are we waiting for ?

PS : Some players and viewers already asked me what device and software I use to record my videos. I record all my videos with an Elgato Game Capture HD through a 1080p HDMI converter/upscaler. Then I adjust the video's quality, brightness and color on Final Cut Pro X, since I work on a MacBook Pro. I always try to get the highest video quality so anyone can watch any of my videos on any device. So don't hesitate to comment that too.

You will probably notice that I don't only upload gameplay videos from World of Tanks Xbox 360 Edition but sometimes from other games too, especially retrogaming. So if you also like video games from the past and nowadays, this is the channel to watch ! Have a nice time watching my videos and, once again, thank you for your support !

Edited by mer0u1, 24 January 2015 - 09:11 PM.

"Do or do not. There is no try!"

mer0u1 #2 Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:12 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

It's been a long time, Commanders, but the fight keeps up.

As some of you already know, I used to upload gameplay videos from World of Tanks Xbox 360 Edition. Since last september, I can now upload gameplay videos from World of Tanks Xbox One Edition.

It took me some times but I can now stream high quality replays. I try to keep the same quality insurance as before so you can enjoy watching those new videos the best way.

I hope you will like them and don't hesitate to comment if you want to.

Keep up the good fight!

A tribute to M24 Chaffee before it got nerfed

Halloween Special Event

Christmas Special Event

Edited by mer0u1, 25 December 2015 - 01:17 AM.

mer0u1 #3 Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Commanders,

among you, many used to hate this british tank destroyer because of its lack of firepower. Indeed. But it has other qualities which greatly compensate.

You used to dislike it, now you will like it. Introducing the tier VII british tank destroyer, the Challenger!

And because it is also very funny to play, here is the Achilles. Enjoy!

mer0u1 #4 Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Hi ho Captains,

enjoy this year's April fools with this new and amazing mode introducing the HMS TOG II*, a new version of well-known british premium tier VI heavy tank TOG II*, specially modificated to sail and fight on high seas.

Edited by mer0u1, 02 April 2016 - 09:08 AM.

mer0u1 #5 Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:54 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Greetings, Commanders.

here is a new season and with its arrival comes a new batch of videos.

First of all, here comes the ferocious Pz.Kfpw. V/IV and its lethal ramming ability. Facing alone 4 tier V opponents while top tier? Not really a problem for this amazing premium medium tank with its devastating reload time, its huge amount of structure points, its great speed (even if it does not have quite a pretty good traverse speed though) and its particular armor which makes enemy's shots easily bounce.

PS : by the way, if any of you wants to pick any of my videos to commentate for his channel, just let me know. I will be more than thrilled to give you the authorization to do so. I only ask you to give some credits in return. Since I come from the french community, I have no intention to commentate myself since I would have to make two versions of a game. This is the reason why each of my videos are speechless. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by mer0u1, 04 May 2016 - 06:10 PM.

mer0u1 #6 Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

And secondly, here is her Majesty's Cromwell Knight.

This evolution of the Cromwell is a great tier VI premium medium tank. Really fast and with a very good reload time, it can be quite lethal to any slow tank, making them dizzy while turning around them and shooting at their flanks or rear.

On the other hand, its gun is not accuracy at all, doesn't deal a lot of damage and its penetration is average but sufficient in most of situations. And, as the Cromwell, its armor is quite inexistent so this is the reason why you must count on its speed to rush, attack and surprise enemies.

mer0u1 #7 Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Welcome back, Commander.

Despite holidays, tankers are always up to something special.

Discover the last event created by french Community Contributor Alex, who offered some players the possibility to test their driving skill in a competition around Erlenberg - Blizzard. All competitors had to drive the small but fast Pz.Kpfw I Ausf. C on the frozen river and the best among them could win a german premium medium tank, PZ.Kpfw S35 while every competitor earnt a premium day.

And you, Commander, when your'e not dealing with enemies on the battlefield, how do you make World of Tanks Console special and entertaining?

Edited by mer0u1, 07 August 2016 - 11:48 PM.

mer0u1 #8 Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Hello Commander,

since last operation, you now have access to a new premium tier VIII tank which looks pretty weak because of its lack of armor, and its huge size which lowers its camouflage value, but also powerful thanks to its mobility, ark depression and turrent/hull traverse speed.

The AMX Chasseur de Chars (CDC) is one of the most particular tank in the game, since its gameplay is rather original and unique compared to other medium tanks. More like an hybrid between light and medium tank, the AMX CDC has to be played like... well, the AMX CDC.

Pretty hard to master, this french premium medium tank is really worth it in the end since it grants player huge gross when played wisely and smartly.

Here is a sneak peek of what it is capable of on the battlefield.

Good fight, Commander!

Edited by mer0u1, 12 August 2016 - 07:27 AM.

mer0u1 #9 Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:17 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Greetings Commander,

and welcome back for a special event commemorating the centennial of the very first tank in war history, the legendary Mark I. For this special anniversary, Wargaming.net introduces a new time-limited Team Destruction mode, Trench Warfare, featuring Mark I only. Get aboard this historical british light tank and fight in the french trenches of the battle of the Somme during World War I and discover the new map, 100th Anniversary, which reproduces Thiepval Ridge with its bunkers, artillery's holes and trenches. Along this event, a special ops is also available which will offer the possibility to earn a new british premium medium tank for free, the Centennial Chieftain/T95 (tier VIII).

Good luck, Commander!

Edited by mer0u1, 16 September 2016 - 12:40 AM.

mer0u1 #10 Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Happy Halloween Commander,

did you miss Dead City and its dark pumpkined streets? This season, Wargaming.net brings you back where it all started, in a new encounter battle mode called Monster Mash and offers you the possibility to fight along the Spectre with four new monsters tanks : the Gorynych KV-5, the Lycan T71, the Revenant Kraft's Panther and the Kaiju O-I. Which one will you pick to survive the night?

Good luck, Commander!

mer0u1 #11 Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Hello Commanders,

and a happy new year to each and everyone of you. I wish you all the best on the battlefield, hoping 2017 will provide to you lots of good games, good teammates and tons of funny moments.

Sooner this year, we had the opportunity to test a special filter which brang cell-shading-like style in World of Tanks Console versions. Promoting the releasing of the fourth issue of Dark Horse Comics' World of Tanks: Roll Out, this filter, despite the troubles it caused to several players, added a special drawning effect in game to make battles look like a comics (who remembers Comix Zone?). Or like Telltale's games series (The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, etc.), Borderland, Asura's Wrath, Killer is Dead and so many others.

Cromwell "Snakebite", Revenant Kraft's Panther and Sherman Firefly Boilermaker had a great time fighting in their own world, but only for a short period since the filter has been removed from the game in the first 24h.

More recently, the release of Tiger 131, designed from the Tank Museum of Bovington's real Tiger 131, dragged a lot of attention with its historical original settings and its preferential matchmaking. Many questions have been asked about its ability, compared to the regular Tiger from Germany's technological tree. Or even the premium Tiger I Hammer. Which one is the best Tiger according to you?

Good luck, Commander, and happy tanking!

mer0u1 #12 Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:24 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Oh, and one more thing, Commander,

I've just received a new mission for you. I've been told by the high commander that a new tank has been spotted on the battlefield, and on the TV screen. Maybe you can deal with it. Some rumors said that a famous commander could be driving it.

Good luck, Commander!

Edited by mer0u1, 21 January 2017 - 03:33 PM.

mer0u1 #13 Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Commanders,

Her Majesty has expressively required your support for a special mission. To succeed in this task, you've been given a new tank, specially designed for urban battles and close combat, the British Bulldog Churchill. With its great rate of fire, this heavily-armored tank can face any opponent and make many shots bounce off its flanks. But pay attention to artillery, since its armor slows it down a lot, making it an easy target. Use the streets and houses to your advantage, taking cover as much as possible before unleashing your firepower on Her Highness's enemies.

Good luck Commanders, the Kingdom needs you!

Edited by mer0u1, 10 February 2017 - 01:55 AM.

mer0u1 #14 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:41 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Good morning Commanders,

and welcome back! It seems new threats have been spotted on the battlefields. We know few things about them and would like you to go and see what they are capable of. It looks like a new nation has entered the conflict so we expect you to deliver your report as soon as possible to let us know what firepower this new opponent possesses. The other one seems to be a variation of a well-known famous tank, with greater firepower so pay attention.

Good luck Commanders, and watch out!

Edited by mer0u1, 28 February 2017 - 10:48 AM.

mer0u1 #15 Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32373 battles

Hello Commanders, and welcome back!

It's been a very long time since the last battle and we sincerely apology for this lack of communication. Many things have occurred, victories and defeats, but we all keep up the fight.

These last months, many tanks have appeared on the battlefields. As well as new nations. First, we had Czechoslovakia, which introduced a new mediums tech tree with their high mobility and firepower thanks to their autoloader (tier III, VI, IX and X). Then we recently discovered Sweden, through its very first premium tank introducing the new siege mode.

But we also had a glimpse over a few other nations, integrated within already available nations, such as Australia and Canada.

We hope you'll enjoy this small recap and wish you the best for your next battles.

Good luck Commanders!

Australia joined the fight with this very first premium medium tank.

As the previous years, we had the pleasure to discover a new way to fight on April fool's day by exploring the ground of the red planet, Mars.

US nation welcomed a new patriot within its ranks with the powerful Vengeance T25.

British medium tech tree is well known for the Cromwell and the Centurion Mk. I. Now here is the Huntsman Centurion.

Commemorating Canada's independance, the Frostbite Grizzly M4 Sherman joined the fight alongside the british nation.

Collaborating with SEGA, Wargaming.net introduced 2 new japanese premium tanks, coming from the game Valkyrie Chronicles, The Edelweiss and The Nameless.

Commemorating Operation Dynamo, as well as the release of the movie Dunkirk from Christopher Nolan, dedicated to this historical event, Wargaming.net introduced a new version of the Matilda, the Defiance Matilda.

Considered as one of the most powerful premium tanks within the PC version of the game, The Rheinmetall Skorpion G joined the fight during the summer.

A new version of the M46 Patton appeared within the game, The M46 Patton KR.

German mediums are famous for their firepower and mobility. Panzer 58 Mutz takes those skills to an upper level.

The last update introduced a new feature, allowing players to watch replays of their 5 last games from the servers and record new kind of video footages. In the same time, Sweden made a appearance with its very first tank destroyer representative, the Stark Srv S1, introducing the siege mode.

Last but not least, alongside the premium tank destroyer, a tier VI premium swedish medium tank was introduced, with its powerful 4 shells clip autoloader, the Strv m/42-57 Alt A.2.

Edited by mer0u1, 26 October 2017 - 11:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users