#WotBowl: Choose Your Fantasy Tank Team!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

GraciousEel761 #21 Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 8620 battles

Offense sells tickets, Defense wins Championships.

Here's the "Legion of Ammo-racks":

Defensive Tackles: T29

Defensive Ends: IS

Middle Linebacker: Tiger I (H)

Outside Linebacker: SU-152 and Rhm-Borsig WT

Cornerbacks: Comet and T-43

Strong Safety: Aufkl. Panther

Free Safety: T71

As long as the QB isn't firing premium, the armor should hold up. But you never know what a team will do to win these days.

Division 66- The Black Panther Division

Power, Aggressiveness, Endurance.

Quazakaharet #22 Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

well, i didn't read thru the directions all the way and was excited/ got started on an idea, was going to use cats for every positron with tigers panthers etc for each and why i think each tank represents the pic, but then read the OP again...whoopsey. (must use 360 edition tank pics)

was just about to add in a tank name under each pic (as i chose each for each tank it would represent...)

posting it half done anyways along with my regular entry. (soon TM)

mistaken cats---

now, ill make the real entry with tank pics from 360 edition...

(done)

the real one

reasoning_

Team: Cat-O-War

Mission: Defence

Method: Prioritizes sneak attacks, defends its team with accuracy and precision. The red gazelles will not make it thru the line!!! we will feast on the stragglers (ram kills : )   )

Leopard- safety- fast and agile, can fill ni where needed, does not need a heavy hit, just a constant threat. good at overseeing the game.

Leopard 1-safety- follows leopard, can add a heaver hand to what is seen and is first to cover when something goes awry.

Panther 2-Cornerback- packs a punch, will keep the line heald and harass anyone who tries to get past.

Panther M/10- Outside Linebacker- Assists panther 2 and harasses anything that it might miss.

GW Tiger- END- the anchor of the flank. heavy and wont be pushed around. slow to react, but will advance or hold no matter the cost.

GW Panther- Tackle-fast and looks large but does not pack the largest punch, meant to distract and make other think hes the real threat.

Aufklarungspanzer Panther- Middle Linebacker- fast to react, has surprising mass for its size. good at ramming.

Jagdtiger- The real threat.

JagdTiger- Even more of the threat. the other flank makes fast agile runs, but this one bulls thru to tackle the QB.

Jtig8,8 Jagdtiger- More of the same, not as heavy hitting but can fill in gaps covers his big brother no matter the cost.

Leopard Prototype A- cornerback- on this side everyone is slow but someone needs to be able to run down anyone that gets by and do some interceptions. with the flanks so heavily weighted here, he is the most important unit on the flank.

and there we have it, due to my own error took longer then expected, but here it is :)

happy tanking everyone.

side note- i don't know anything about football, so some descriptions may be way off)

Edited by Quazakaharet, 29 January 2015 - 10:20 PM.

Metalrodent #23 Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10186 battles
  • [KMD]

"Presenting WG United, a new team who smashed their way through the Championship and now have their sites set on the Premier leagues top 5'. They rely on the speed of their team to rush the oppositions goal as soon as possible.

Several of their players have already become well know, Cromwell is great at dodging the opposition and getting to the front, Chaffee is famed for his speed and their goalie has the power and weigh to stop almost any shot."

Last weeks Match of the Day

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif' href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...sCeAbYa.gif</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...bYa.gif</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...gif</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>

There’s a mask upon my face
I can’t live without
So you won’t recognize me
When I am in the crowd

Benstinator5000 #24 Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3254 battles

Gamer-tag is the same as here on the forums.

Defensive team

End: T-57 Heavy

These guys can hit with the rest of the big boys but are still mobile enough to stop any flanking maneuvers and do some of their own if given the chance by a break in the enemy lines...

Tackles: FV215B

The enemy tanks may push up the line, but these guys push back harder and faster. They use good speed and punchy guns to focus fire and blast through any defense. Plus, their rear mounted turret gives them a good view on everything else going on so they can quickly change priorities.

Middle Linebacker: IS-7

This brute is the biggest of them all and uses it's size to plow through the enemies (it doesn't hurt that it uses plow shaped frontal armor). Enough said.

Outside Linebackers: E-50M

Quick, strong and versatile are just some of the words used to describe these monsters. Their good speed allows them to flank around defenses and their big size, if used properly, can end a play before it starts.

Corner-backs: Bat Chats

These two are able to keep up with and take out anything. Nothing gets past them, but once they are out of juice they are done for a little bit.

Safety: Rhm. Borsigs

If anyone gets past the front line, these guys will take care of it. They will often be the ones to put down any chance of victory for the other team.

For honor, for glory and for wealth. Now, DEATH TO THE SCUMBAGS! 

cmain88z #25 Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11710 battles

GT cmain88z

QB- FV304 "Bert" Fast on the draw and can run for a down if needed

WR1- ELC AMX he is just flat crazy will go get the ball no matter the cost to his body

WR2- Chaffee sneaky, arrogant little pest who makes the defense look silly

RB- E-50M has the speed and power to grind out first downs

FB- IS-7 can make a hole in the best defense

TE- Centurion Mk. 7/1 can do whatever you need him to run, catch or block he is up to the challenge.

Tackle- T110E5 big but still mobile

Tackle- E75 Big, mobile and intimidating.

Guard- E100 Just a big bully who bounces the defensive rush while giving off an evil laugh

Guard- KV-4 can hold a off a rush with the best of them

Center- Maus who is going to push him out of the way?

Edited by cmain88z, 29 January 2015 - 10:57 PM.

GamerPaws #26 Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:44 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 21209 battles

after observing my teammates i got idea of making this list>

i dont know much about american football, so have some patience with me>

Offense- as i seen many times ingame> well best defense is arty alone on frontlines facing enemy as close as possible, so i picked scary looking arties

it s german Bison (tackle), british Bishop (guard) and french AMX 105 AM (center) , which doesnt need vents and got scary AA gun

as for Wide receiver  (tog2) and quarterback (t28), fullback (churchill GC), hallfback (t28 prototype)  i was thinking for something fast and agile, so my choice will be based on observation ingame,

where fast tanks camp back while slow ones trying to push forward and charge.

same goes for Tight End (Maus).

as for Defense, again based on observations made ingame

so on frontlines for CQC, something with lot of armor and agile heh>

End- FCM36pak40, Tackle- german breadbox Pz Sfl IVc

middle linebacker will scout "scouting" what s allready been spotted- ELC AMX

Outside linebacker will be another great frontline defense vehicle- STURER EMIL, god bless it and it s 15 ammo

for Cornerback we need something special, so i picked tank which can float on water Quack quack tank AMX40

and for Safety, u all know the story...

right next to base circle we got 2 special scouts light tanks, forever doomed by destiny to tier 4!!!- Pz2j and Valentine 2 (please WGx can u buff pen of premium Val2 ammo, thank u)

that s all and thank u all

StK x CommandzZ #27 Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13545 battles
  • [RENEW]
Meh, I could do it if it was actual football but not for american football :P

IceFrogger1313 #28 Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 41777 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

QB:  - AMX 50 Foch (155) - Fast accurate throws and a good running game.

Center: Maus - A wall of metal.

Guards: E-100, IS-4 - No one is getting past these guys.

Tackles: IS-7, T110E5 - Fast enough to catch anyone getting around them, strong enough to stop them.

Tight End: E-50M - Armoured enough to block, fast enough for utility.

Wide Receivers: Bat Chat. 25 T, Leopard 1 - The defence won't even see them coming.

Full Back: T57 Heavy - He's not even sure what his position is supposed to do but he is damn good at it.

Running Back: T-62A - Gets the Job done and no one has to worry about him getting a concussion.

-IceFrogger1313

Kill Process #29 Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11824 battles

Berlin Bruisers.jpg

Ze Berlin Bruisers Defense

Champions of the 1945 Best Defense in the World of Tanks Football League, Division Xbox East. Utterly crushed by the Stalingrad Onslaught at Seelow Heights Field, the Bruisers featured a tuned up heavy hitting defense with quick and efficient pass defense. Having utterly demolished the Stalingrad Onslaught two years previous, many thought the Bruisers defense would carry them through to their 7th championship title, but alas. Soviet engineering and strong offense crushed them! They will go down as one of the hardest hitting, toughest and remembered defenses of the era.

Defensive Tackles - E-100

Defensive Ends - Venerated Tiger I

Inside Linebacker - Jagdtiger

Outside Linebackers - Jagdpanther

Safety - Panzer IV Schmalturm

Cornerbacks - Panther

Red Dough Boy #30 Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27019 battles
  • [APG]

Since it's American Football, and the Patriots are playing I think I'll try to stick with American tanks. I'm going defense because the best offense is a good defense.

• Middle Linebacker: T110E5 - Good enough front to punch through a line, and enough speed to maneuver through a gap in the line.
  • Tackles: M103 - Strong armor where it counts, decently powerful, and his sides are protected.
  • Defensive Ends: T32 - Tough in the right situation, powerful enough to break through a flank.
  • Outside Linebackers: M48A1 Patton - Fast yet powerful. Can adapt to a situation and break through a line or fall back to defend.
  • Cornerbacks: T20 - Fast and has no problem keeping up with other fast moving players.
  • Safeties: Hellcats - Fast yet powerful enough to take someone down.

Well, there's my go at this. Despite all of the hate on the Patriots I hope they win. Go Pats!

Gamertag is the same as forum name.

If I only had a Baneblade....

Kellen NA #31 Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31598 battles
  • [FAME-]

Don't know anything about football so random tank time!

QB - T110E3

RB1 - T-62

RB2 - Leopard

WR1 - T-62

WR2 - Leopard

TE - Lucs

T1 - Luchs

T2 - Luchs

G1- ELC AMX

G2- ELC AMX

C - IS-7

Retired Competitive Player for [FAME-] inFamous Animals

and [TNG-] Top Notch Gaming

Twitch || 50+ Three Marks || YouTube

World of Banks #32 Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3838 battles

Center- T110E3

Guards-T110E4

Tackles-E-100

Tight end- T-57

Wide Receivers-  T-62a and T-54

Quarterback- FV215b 183

Fullback/running back- Bat.-Chatillon 25 t (the french always run the best :teethhappy:)

Halfback/Running back M48 Patton 

My gamer tag is World of Banks 

Benstinator5000 #33 Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:43 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3254 battles

View PostStK x CommandzZ, on 30 January 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

Meh, I could do it if it was actual football but not for american football :P

they changed it, you can do any football. 

For honor, for glory and for wealth. Now, DEATH TO THE SCUMBAGS! 

SlummyZeru #34 Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10050 battles
  • [KMD]

Offensive Positions:

slummyzeru

Center: E-100

Offensive Guard: Maus

Offensive Tackle: Tog 2

Wide-receiver: E8 sherman

Fullback: amx 12t

Halfback: ELC AMX

Tight End: object 704

Quarterback: FV215b(180

o.o

xSILKYSMOOTHx #35 Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20585 battles
  • [WTAF]

I believe in the saying "Defense wins championships", but sometimes "The best defense is a good offense". The other team can't score if they don't have the ball. With that in mind I would like to present xSILKYSMOOTHx's Fantasy Tank Offensive lineup...

Left Tackle - E-100 (Gotta have a big boy with decent mobility to anchor the line and protect my quarterback's blind side against those rush ends.)

Left Guard - IS-7 (With good armor and mobility the IS-7 would be perfect for the pulling guard spot on those power running plays and counters while still being a good pass blocker. Plus he makes up one half of our brother combo on offense being the big brother in the tech tree of our tight end the IS-8, which is always good for team chemistry.

Center - T110E5 (The best all-round heavy tank in the game is the kind of heady leader at the center spot every offensive line needs to be successful.) 

Right Guard - Maus (Any good running game needs a road grader like the Maus to lead the way. Plus he is a massive space-eater in pass protection.)

Right Tackle - KV-5 (Another big boy with alot of power and mobility that makes a perfect complement to the Maus on the right side. Our running game is going to thrive with these two leading the way.)

Tight End - IS-8 (A good tight end is every quarterbacks best friend and needs to be effective in the running game as well as the passing game. With the perfect blend of size and mobility the IS-8 is who we need to seal the edge as a run blocker in the run game while also being able to make those tough catches over the middle in the passing game. Plus he makes up one half of our brother combo on offense being the little brother in the tech tree of our left guard the IS-7, which is always good for team chemistry.) 

Wide Receiver - Bat.-Chatillon 25 t (This guy is one of our game-breakers on the outside. He's got the toughness to make those possession catches over the middle while also having the speed to snag deep balls. Plus he's blessed with the rare ability to make the spectacular catch look just as easy as the routine one. He is the guy that is going to make the highlight reel catches.)  

Wide Receiver - T2 Light (Another game-breaker on the outside but in different ways than his counterpart the Bat,-Chat 25 t. He's a quick little mighty mite that has the blazing speed to stretch the field and burn defenses deep on the long ball in the passing game, and is also great on trick plays like reverses and end-arounds. But where he makes his biggest mark is in the return game on special teams. This guy is a threat to take it to the house every time on kick and punt returns, and will help us win the field position battle.)  

Fullback - E-50M (Every great running game has a great fullback, and with his combination of toughness, speed and smarts the E-50M is exactly who we need. He can be the battering ram we need to clear a path for our halfback by taking on those linebackers in the running game, while also being able to carry the ball himself or catch it coming out of the backfield every once in a while.)   

Halfback - T-62A (This guy is our workhorse. He is going to carry the ball 20-30 times a game and he can grind out those tough yards in the fourth quarter when you need it, as well as being able to take it to the house on any given play. He's also adept at being the target on screen plays or being the check down safety valve receiver coming out of the backfield that the QB can dump the ball off to when everyone else is covered. Plus he's not too shabby at the blitz pick-up while pass blocking which every quarterback loves.)

Quarterback - M53-55 (Some of you may question this pick, but you all can keep your new age dual threat video game quarterbacks, because the M53-55 is the kind of old school quarterback I love. The guy has a cannon for an arm while also having amazing touch and accuracy. He is as adept at zipping those passes into tight coverage over the middle and down the seams as he is at putting the long ball in the perfect spot to let our receivers go up and get it, as well as knowing when to not force a throw and just dump it off to his check down receivers. Add to that just enough mobility to avoid the rush and occasionally scramble for a first down. Plus he's got the ability to stay calm under pressure and deliver in the clutch even if the chips are down and everyone is counting us out. This guys is the face of the franchise, and has just the sort of intangibles we need to lead this high-powered championship caliber offense to the promised land.)   

Edited by xSILKYSMOOTHx, 01 February 2015 - 03:54 AM.

Inscriptions: German - München, American - Black Jack, British - The Old Firm, Russian - Courageous, French - Wildcat, Japanese - Emperor's Shield, Chinese - Stay steadfast in the face of death

CoffeeWolf74 #36 Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10952 battles

Defense:
safety 1    Bat.-Châtillon 25 t
safety 2    AMX 13 90
cornerback    Matilda Black Prince    
cornerback    Excelsior    
outside LB    Ferdinand
outside LB    Jagdpanther II    
middle LB    Waffenträger auf E 100
left end    Indien-Panzer
left tackle    IS-7
right tackle    IS-8
right end    Panther II

Offense:
WR1    M24 Chaffee
WR2    T71
LT    M103
LG    T110E4
C    T110E5
RG    T110E3
RT    T26E4 Freedom    
TE    M4A3E8 Sherman
QB    M53/55
RB    M22 Locust
HB    Ram II

The Sexy Sergal #37 Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25445 battles
  • [TSTF]

safety- Pz V/VI

corner back- Centurion 7/1
End-Kv-5
Tackle-E-50M
Outside linebacker- M-103
Middle Linebacker- T110E5

Gamertag- WAFFLESSXXX007  if it's needed

http://twitch.tv/bamwaffle  come follow and enjoy my random antics and adventures!

ForestGT #38 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:43 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12039 battles
  • [NRVNA]
Gamertag: ForestGT

Team: Offensive.

Left Wide Receiver (Split End): T71. The T71 is a tank that is all about lightning strikes. It is small, quick, and has a rapid-firing autoloading weapon that makes even larger tanks hesitate messing with it. Because of this set of skills, it can either hop through a flank and get behind the enemy's main line, effectively causing chaos and catching the ball in the process, or it can stay alongside the offensive line and eliminate/tackle a few tanks while the other flankers on the team take advantage of the T71's actions.

Left Tackle: Aufkl.Panther. The highest tier tank on the offensive line, the Aufkl.Panther is simply tougher than the majority of other light tanks and it has both the armor and the gun to prove it. With a massive cannon that can easily eliminate modules and crew members on hostile tanks, it is a natural choice for being the chief guard for the vulnerable second line. Furthermore, if the enemy begins rushing for the cap, or the quarterback, the Aufkl.Panther is big enough and strong enough to take a hit or two for the team.

Left Guard: T21. With a lethal combination of speed and a hard-hitting gun, the T-21 would make a great Guard. It can get in the thick of battle without having to worry about itself as much as most light tanks but it also can escort any of the more frail backs and receivers to victory if necessary.

Center: ELC AMX. The Center in an offensive team needs to snap the ball back to the rear line quickly and efficiently. They are the ones that get the game started. The ELC AMX is a natural choice for this position. Its non-turreted gun is almost symbolic of this, for the Center should focus on getting the ball to those behind him before anything else. Much like the ELC AMX, he must think straight and do what is necessary. The similarities do not stop there. Once the combat starts, the ELC AMX must throw itself into the fray, using its speed and powerful gun to slam shells directly into its opponents. It is an active scout and therefore deserves an active role on the team.

Right Guard: Leopard. The Leopard is visibly larger than the majority of light tanks at its tier, which gives it a noticeable presence on the field. A single blow from its gun may not be truly harmful, but it has shells that just keep putting the pressure on its enemies. Similar to the other Guard, the T21, it is also quick enough to get in a position to help any of its teammates further back if necessary.

Right Tackle: VK 28.01. One of the biggest and most intimidating light tanks in the game, the VK 28.01 can handle more damage than most light tanks and it has a cannon capable of dishing out damage and holding the line. Much like the Aufkl.Panther, it will do what is necessary to secure victory for the team.

Tight End: Crusader. The only tier V+ light tank without some kind of scout matchmaking, the Crusader always seems capable of dealing with whatever the red team throws at it. It has the armor and the gun to easily eliminate groups of hostiles, but it also has the speed to get around an open flank to get some extra damage and to catch a pass. It is a great hybrid tank and deserves a role that is designed both to block and catch.

Quarterback: AMX 13 90. The only tier VIII light tank currently in the game, it is a unique threat that deserves respect. While relatively new to the field, its speed and firepower give it a distinct advantage over tier VII light tanks. It is a great leader for the other scouts and is certainly capable of changing the tide of battle if controlled by a skilled commander.

Fullback: T-50. A pretty fast tank with a top speed of 52 kph on flat ground, it also has a decent amount of armor to keep itself alive long enough to go for the win. A tank good at getting around flanks and spotting the enemies or catching the ball.

Tailback: A-20. With a top speed of 72 kph on flat ground, the A-20 is one of the fastest tanks in the game. Provided the front line is capable of holding, the A-20 can rush past multiple hostiles and into the enemy's rear line to either eliminate its artillery or, in this case, score a touch down.

Right Wide Receiver (Flanker): Chaffee. The Chaffee is one of the most respected light tanks in the game and deserves an exciting role. Its goal is to get past the tough enemy tanks up front and then rush to the back, where it can either take advantage of the weaker armor in the back of the enemy's font line tanks or it can catch a pass and run it to the red base for a win, causing a maximum amount of mayhem either way.

GLP26 #39 Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:24 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9453 battles

Gamertag GLP26

Offense

Center-Maus

Guards-E100

Tackles-TOG II

Tight End-IS-7

Quarterback-T92

Running back-Elc Amx

Full Back-T110E5

Wide Receivers-T62A

Defense

Ends-T29

Tackles-Tiger II

Middle Linebacker-ST-I

Outside Linebacker-Conquer

Corner backs- Bat Chatillion 25t

Safety-E50 ausf M

Edited by GLP26, 01 February 2015 - 08:26 AM.

APOPHIS1989 #40 Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29130 battles
I will try offense:

Center: DW2 because he's the worst heavy tank, but should be able to handle this position...

Offensive Guard: KV-5 because you don't need a good gun if you can stand your ground like them!

Offensive Tackle: T110 E4 because you need a good gun and armor while never looking back!

Wide-receiver: T23 because now it's fast and maneuverable plus has the perfect football catching basket!

Halfback: Hellcat because you can drop the ball in it's turret and it will either outrun everyone or never be seen to begin with!

Fullback: Mt-25 because sometimes you need to activate the removed speed governor...

Tight End: E-50M because it can make a stand if needed, or can speed down the field for a throw as well, very versatile!

Quarterback: Bert the Avenger because of the the cool nickname and who cares if it only has 500m range if the field is only 100m long! The small size and quickness help in trying to run out of the pocket too...

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users