• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

MaxChaos24 #1 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10129 battles
  • [WGW]

POPULAR

So hopefully this doesn't earn me to many negative but I have visited the dark side of the forums to find out fact from fiction regarding the latest hot topic: Founder Packs

Note: I have links posted below to read at your own pleasure that I found/used to write this.

Note: This might not cover some of the complaints and not saying you don't have a valid point. This is only to find out fact/fiction about if it was said that these tanks would never be sold again.

I have read a lot of threads and post today (some were 48 pages long) to see if I can get to the bottom of things. After researching, I believe I found the source of where the rumor began, and that it is a misunderstand of what the term "limited time only" means. 

When these packs were released, this was our first time being able to purchase things so we were newbs at this. It seems a lot of us at the time thought that "limited time only" meant that this was the only time you would ever be able to purchase a tank. - Total newb mistake by us. 

Since then, we have learned what it means, as limited time only is where you have a certain time frame to purchase a tank before it gets pulled off the shelves. These type of tanks are what we have come to know as Rare Premiums. They only become available to purchase once in a blue moon. While non-rare premiums are readily available on the tank tree. 

For some reason, our brains still associate the first "limited time only" tanks as - only time you can ever purchase. This was due to a rumor made by us newbs because of this post by PAIN. 

Spoiler

Everyone jumped to the conclusion that it would never be sold again, but this never was said. Only that it was a limited offer tank, same as every rare premium.  This is where the rumor started. After this post, the rumor spread to every post asking about the Founder packs and everyone told each other that it wouldn't be sold again, BUY NOW! 

TLDR: We were newbs and didn't know what "limited time only" meant. 

Source of the rumor:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/18181-pzkpfw-viv-is-awesome/page__pid__239852#entry239852

Other links also stating it was "Limited Time Offer" same as every Rare Premium. Not that it was the only time it could ever be purchased.

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/17736-early-access/page__st__20__pid__232399#entry232399

http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/en/news/news/founders-pack/

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/22626-specials-lifespan/page__pid__303717#entry303717

EDIT: Added more research. 

Claim: Nyx mentioned that the KV-5, Pz. V/IV , and/or T23 were put into a vault and only would be available during special events or prizes. 

Spoiler

Edited by MaxChaos24, 02 February 2015 - 02:36 AM.

RampanzeR #2 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

Major

• Supertester
  • 17531 battles
  • [DRGON]

WG need to pin this. 

The thread to end all of these butthurt threads.

+1

My DA: http://dragonikhelix.deviantart.com

Thanks to PublicSafety!

Kaboost #3 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10659 battles
A "limited time only" tank should not be sold for a whole month, a week tops.

Edited by Kaboost, 01 February 2015 - 03:07 PM.

Buff the T-50 and make it a tier V

ZiS-4 gun, 500hp engine, 60km/h, better view range, and more HP

X1thebeast29X #4 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12584 battles
  • [AVRG]
I didn't buy either pack, but regardless, I think it shouldn't be sold for a month. They should have made it like the ripper and the kv-5. I'm not so sure they (V/IV) will be that rare of  rare tanks. It seems like everyone and their mom wants one 

Shockingly Average Treasurer, Keeper of the Monies

Block Quote

Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]

Damn Elitists

FledBasher #5 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16592 battles
  • [HACKS]
Where are all the threads about the V/IV? Those are where pain and other got into more detail about when we would see these tanks again. We were told that they would only be prizes if they ever came up at all.  There were many dozens of threads on the V/IV alone. All we have now are the two that are vague at best

Clan Hacks!!! Because... reasons

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

RampanzeR #6 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:10 PM

Major

• Supertester
  • 17531 battles
  • [DRGON]

View PostX1thebeast29X, on 01 February 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

I didn't buy either pack, but regardless, I think it shouldn't be sold for a month. They should have made it like the ripper and the kv-5. I'm not so sure they (V/IV) will be that rare of  rare tanks. It seems like everyone and their mom wants one 

View PostKaboost, on 01 February 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

A "limited time only" tank should not be sold for a whole month, a week tops.

Ok, this I can agree with.

Thanks to PublicSafety!

MaxChaos24 #7 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10129 battles
  • [WGW]
The length of time that it's being sold for is a different discussion. I made a note at the very top that says I'm not talking about that stuff and not saying those are valid complaints. My thread is only in regards to whether or not we were lied to about the tanks never being sold again. 

Rusted Rails #8 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9413 battles
It's called "Marketing"     Creating a demand for a product through advertising and a clever play on words that brings in the cash.:coin:

MaxChaos24 #9 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10129 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostFledBasher, on 01 February 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

Where are all the threads about the V/IV? Those are where pain and other got into more detail about when we would see these tanks again. We were told that they would only be prizes if they ever came up at all.  There were many dozens of threads on the V/IV alone. All we have now are the two that are vague at best

The source thread is where it started. All the other threads where player created and player responses referring people to that source thread as "their proof"

if you can show me WG stating otherwise, then please link me and prove that they said it. I've already did my research and read tons of them. Do yours now. 

R35T NO MORE #10 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

Major

• Supertester
  • 12134 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 01 February 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

So hopefully this doesn't earn me to many negative but I have visited the dark side of the forums to find out fact from fiction regarding the latest hot topic: Founder Packs

Note: I have links posted below to read at your own pleasure that I found/used to write this.

Note: This might not cover some of the complaints and not saying you don't have a valid point. This is only to find out fact/fiction about if it was said that these tanks would never be sold again.

I have read a lot of threads and post today (some were 48 pages long) to see if I can get to the bottom of things. After researching, I believe I found the source of where the rumor began, and that it is a misunderstand of what the term "limited time only" means. 

When these packs were released, this was our first time being able to purchase things so we were newbs at this. It seems a lot of us at the time thought that "limited time only" meant that this was the only time you would ever be able to purchase a tank. - Total newb mistake by us. 

Since then, we have learned what it means, as limited time only is where you have a certain time frame to purchase a tank before it gets pulled off the shelves. These type of tanks are what we have come to know as Rare Premiums. They only become available to purchase once in a blue moon. While non-rare premiums are readily available on the tank tree. 

For some reason, our brains still associate the first "limited time only" tanks as - only time you can ever purchase. This was due to a rumor made by us newbs because of this post by PAIN. 

Spoiler

Everyone jumped to the conclusion that it would never be sold again, but this never was said. Only that it was a limited offer tank, same as every rare premium.  This is where the rumor started. After this post, the rumor spread to every post asking about the Founder packs and everyone told each other that it wouldn't be sold again, BUY NOW! 

TLDR: We were newbs and didn't know what "limited time only" meant. 

Source of the rumor:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/18181-pzkpfw-viv-is-awesome/page__pid__239852#entry239852

Other links also stating it was "Limited Time Offer" same as every Rare Premium. Not that it was the only time it could ever be purchased.

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/17736-early-access/page__st__20__pid__232399#entry232399

http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/en/news/news/founders-pack/

+1 for going to the effort.

View PostHaloHelix2000, on 01 February 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

WG need to pin this. 

The thread to end all of these butthurt threads.

+1

Can't speak for all but I wouldn't say my thread was butthurt. I never mentioned that I thought it'd never be on sale, I stated that my main issue was it going on sale for a month, and was worried about balance in tier 5. I was perfectly polite and reasonable. Would you call that butthurt?

MaxChaos24 #11 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10129 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostR35T 1N PEACE, on 01 February 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

+1 for going to the effort.

Can't speak for all but I wouldn't say my thread was butthurt. I never mentioned that I thought it'd never be on sale, I stated that my main issue was it going on sale for a month, and was worried about balance in tier 5. I was perfectly polite and reasonable. Would you call that butthurt?

Just in case part of that was for me, read the Note at the very top. 

R35T NO MORE #12 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

Major

• Supertester
  • 12134 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 01 February 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

Just in case part of that was for me, read the Note at the very top. 

the part that was for you was the +1, lol, after that, I was talking to Halo.

MaxChaos24 #13 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10129 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostR35T 1N PEACE, on 01 February 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

lol sorry, I see the quote/reply order now. :facepalm:

FolkAttorney67 #14 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9038 battles
  • [-RE-]

You won't get a negative for me and appreciate you going back to find the thread that was the source of the rumor. The fact is that no one knows what Pain meant by, "limited time off". That could've meant days, weeks, months, or years but he nor anyone else of WG bothered to clarify it.

I don't care that they resold the 5/4 and T23 for everyone else because more people should play those tanks, they're fun and for good reason. What gets me and everyone else is the normal business routine of a company to go, "hey lets sell those founder pack things again", when you know someone in that same business room said, "well wouldn't that piss off the first round of people that bought the originals", and then of course the reply, "so what? They'll forget about it and we'll make the quota for profits this quarter. Screw them".

That's why no one atm cares to follow the rules of forums and post whatever nonsense they want just for the hell of it. Jimmies were rustled and now were rustling everyone else's just for the hell of it.

Need M103 Tips and Tricks? Go to "Folk's M103/ T110E5 Thread" in the American  Section.

Credits to Roni for Sig!

RampanzeR #15 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

Major

• Supertester
  • 17531 battles
  • [DRGON]

View PostR35T 1N PEACE, on 01 February 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

I never said that your thread was butthurt, I said in general.

Also, tier 5 is not ruined, it will always be fun.

Please don't over-do it.

There, I said it nicely.

Thanks to PublicSafety!

FledBasher #16 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16592 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 01 February 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

The source thread is where it started. All the other threads where player created and player responses referring people to that source thread as "their proof"

if you can show me WG stating otherwise, then please link me and prove that they said it. I've already did my research and read tons of them. Do yours now. 

Thats my issue. WG responded to player topics stating they were not being sold again but i cant find those player topics about the V/IV. I will keep looking though

Clan Hacks!!! Because... reasons

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

RiceDrizzle88 #17 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3611 battles

The other problem is that PAIN said that it "will be scarce in the wild in no time at all and a thing of legends".

Yeah, something doesn't become scarce and a thing of legends when you sell it for 26 days straight. :facepalm:

oopsiezz #18 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 2863 battles
WGA is just gonna give every first founder a type 59. Problem solved :trollface:

"you know the grille is bigger, slower, less armour, doesn't have a turret, it's only good feature is its gun" - A Dapper Kiwi, comparing the Grille 15 and WT E100.

NowhereBird #19 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19314 battles

Thanks for some sanity, Max, it's in short supply recently.

And I would support a one or two week only time for purchasing it.  i know i missed out the first time - only got the t23. i won't miss out this time.

twocruel4u2c #20 Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

Captain

• Supertester
  • 10463 battles
  • [ONE]
I think Max is valid on his points.     I thought that if they were to offer these Rare, it would of been best to do it for the   DAY WoT WENT LIVE  ANNIVERSARY.   I fear buying this tank now.  If the special is ran for the whole month I know it will be nerfed, making it just another premium that though I have it, "I won't play it" catergory.    .

Edited by twocruel4u2c, 01 February 2015 - 03:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users