i have finally cracked it

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

rocksteadysolid #1 Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:30 PM

First lieutenant

• WCL
  • 28347 battles
  • [-UNL-]

after tons of searching finding and reading infromation, soldering failing and rebuilding. testing, adjusting, modifying testing and modifying some more i have finally cracked it! where i have seen so many others fail i have finally succeded!

Whenever I am watching a stream from people playing the 360 there is always either a huge inbalance of chat audio from people in party chat, the person that is streaming his chat microphone audio and the in game audio. most just do not include chat audio from others and then i feel there is a high level of participation missing from the whole experience.

as opposed to telling you this is connected to that through there with this and that..... i have made a drawing (simplified fro non electronics people) that envelops most of my whole setup (regular TV capabilities not included)

the end result being that anyone accros the globe can now watch a stream of mine with full chat audio uncluded , other people in the chat will come through on left audiio channel, my spoken words on right audio channel and game audio in stereo. I hope to get some feedback from people that watch the stream this tuesday (i need some final stuff to get a small interference hum out of the system) if i should alter chat to dual mono.... as such giving both chat audio parts on both left and right.... but i will leave that choice to my viewers.... it is merely a matter of placing 1 little line of solder on the audio reciever side of things...

anyway... without further ado... here is my schematic drawing of what it took for me to get audio set up in the way that i wanted/needed and what i wanted to be able to offer to viewers.

so tomorow i will be getting some final equipment and finalising things as well as hopefully doing some test streaming. I hope to see/hear anyone interested to see/hear the difference.

and teusday i hope to have a full audioence as i will focus play in the IS4 to show what it can and shouldn't do.

Edited by TVDL2000, 15 February 2015 - 02:35 PM.

FolkAttorney67 #2 Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9520 battles
very interesting.

Need M103 Tips and Tricks? Go to "Folk's M103/ T110E5 Thread" in the American  Section.

Credits to Roni for Sig!

TangoLit #3 Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29342 battles
  • [BANE]
I'm not a streamer but this is very cool to see.  Also, thanks for passing the knowledge on!

Git gud here:  bit.ly/tankguide (I should read this).  On Track list.

8000 is better than 11090 - shaunw2010

rocksteadysolid #4 Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

First lieutenant

• WCL
  • 28347 battles
  • [-UNL-]
most definetly. I am willing to help anyone that also wants the same capabilities set it up.... anyone that wannts to do it like this though will need some basic soldering and electronics skill though... I know my electronics skills are not all they used to be but with the help of the interwebz and a friendly electronic parts store (similar to radio shack) i finally got there...

CaliMeatWagon #5 Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15312 battles
  • [B2XX]
I appreciate the effort, but there may be a simpler way. In your XBox preferences go to Voice then select play through headset and speakers. There voice will now get picked up by your capture card. If they are too quite, adjust the in game volume to compensate. I had to set mine down to about 30% and then added a volume boost in the streaming software to bring up collective volume.

View PostWGWPAIN, on 17 February 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.

Knobchuck #6 Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16502 battles
  • [SKYTT]

What the beep were you smoking when you came up with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bravo sir, BRAVO!!!!!!!!!

FAN47IC #7 Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27377 battles

View PostCaliMeatWagon, on 21 February 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

I appreciate the effort, but there may be a simpler way. In your XBox preferences go to Voice then select play through headset and speakers. There voice will now get picked up by your capture card. If they are too quite, adjust the in game volume to compensate. I had to set mine down to about 30% and then added a volume boost in the streaming software to bring up collective volume.

This. 

Unofficially Revoked Temporary Retirement

I’m too old for this ****.

Tier 10 List: Sheridan, M48 Patton, T110E5, T57 Heavy, T110E3, T110E4, T92 HMC | Centurion AX, Fv215B, Chieftain, S. Conqueror, Fv215B 183, Badger, ConquerorGC | Rhm Pzw, E50M, Leopard 1, E100, Maus, PzKpfw VII, JgPzE100, WtaufE100, Grille 15, GWE100 | AMX 13 105, Bat 25t, AMX 30B, AMX 50B, Foch 155, Bc 155 58 | T62A, Obj 140, Obj 430, K-91, Obj 430U, IS-7, IS-4, Obj 277, Obj 263, Obj 268, Obj 268 V4, Obj 261 | 113, Wz-111-5A | TVP T-50/51

JoeDaFrogman #8 Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

I would be interested in hearing more.   My set up is:

1. Microsoft Wireless headset like this one.  I hear the party through this, but NOT game sounds.
  2. Xbox settings Voice->Play Through Both
  3. Secondary microphone plugged into my computer which picks up my audio

Items 1 & 2 enable my party and game sounds to both be heard by the streamers.   Item 3, along with turning on Commentary mode in the Elgato software allow MY voice to be heard.   All three are required to achieve this and honestly, if I could find some way to only have Step 1 WITHOUT step 2 & 3, I would LOVE it.  

As it is now, I have all audio  volume turned down on my TV as I don't want my platoon mates obscenities to resonate through the house as I play my game.   This means I miss the wonderful battle sounds in real time.    Secondly, I have a fairly awkward secondary microphone plugged up and generally have it draped over my ear so the mic input is near my mouth(it's one of those earbud mics that comes with a cell phone.    

I hate this setup, so if you have any ideas, please let me know.

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

rocksteadysolid #9 Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:31 PM

First lieutenant

• WCL
  • 28347 battles
  • [-UNL-]
after i got this whole thing set up and everything i ran into other issues and i had to stop streaming alltogether.

as some of my followers may have noticed i have been getting back at it.

i still see some streamers getting some very low volume other side of party chat into their stream but i am yet again working on a chat audio setup to have both sides of party or game chat in the stream. due to the buzzing sounds and no real viable way for running a fully wireless headset on the xbox one though i am now going for a wired setup....

i am getting my stuff for this today and thoughout the evening i will be testing and hopefully finetuning my setup.... once this is done i will be streaming multiple times a week.

also working on running OBS and will be working together with xBRx tactics and D0ntblink97 on getting some good streams going and hopefully commentate some matches!

rocksteadysolid #10 Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:35 PM

First lieutenant

• WCL
  • 28347 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View PostCaliMeatWagon, on 21 February 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

i allready knew of that option obviously but i honestly did not want to have that audio on the same "track" as when i record and stream i like to be able to get game sounds and party sounds seperated. plus i could alter volume levels on all different parts seperately..... and that is again what i want to accomplish on the xbone without having the distinct "kinecty" sound....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users