A question for wargaming in regards to Artillery?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

UnkindGeoduck62 #41 Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17643 battles
  • [TRB]

View PostSandM9, on 17 February 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

no, i think that's your gameplay you smell...

uh..... Yeah, I got nothin, my game is pretty bad. Can't really argue with you on that one.

KillerDNA #42 Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 46163 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostS0meHE4VYmetal, on 17 February 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

I love arty.  I don't play much the last month or so.  Minor changes, mostly the change in roll when the enemy becomes unspotted  while shell is in air, has caused a serious decline in usefulness. .

is this a real thing? I doubt it is unless it's a real thing. I can nail people whether they are spotted or unspotted or just dissapear or anything. The shell trajectory doesn't change if the enemy goes unspotted. If you are aiming on top of an enemy and click right after they dissapear it can adjust slightly due to the aimingcircle moving a tiny bit. or maybe they move just before your shell hits.

Lycan T71 *** (Dot Dot Slash) / Cruiser Mk.II (Matilda Crusher) / Spähpanzer Ru 251 *** (Sucker Punch) / ELC AMX *** (Spider Ninji)

KV-2 ** (I'm a Derpaholic) / GwE-100 *** (Mighty Mammut) / FV304 *** (BERT the Daredevil) / S-51 *** (Finger of Death)

Light Tank Master Race 

UnkindGeoduck62 #43 Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17643 battles
  • [TRB]

View PostBeef McLargeBig, on 17 February 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

SHOTS FIRED

I didn't expect that one. He sniped me. With premium ammo no less!

KLR 420 #44 Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 55859 battles

View PostBeef McLargeBig, on 17 February 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

Got any evidence to back that up? I can say literally the same thing about pro-clickers and it would be just as valid.

View PostBongoBaggins, on 17 February 2015 - 05:14 AM, said:

Most people like arty, and most people think arty is balanced. The anti-arty posts are by the same minority, over and over and over again. There's nowhere near as many as they'd like you to think.

Hey yo,

I really don't understand the hub-bub over artillery. Leave it alone, it's fine! Just quit whining and don't leave yourself so wide open when there is more than one artillery during the match. It's really annoying to keep reading all these similiar posts regarding something that is NOT broken or needs fixing in any way.

Stop it already!                     :arta:

Edited by KLR 420, 17 February 2015 - 07:56 PM.

KillerDNA #45 Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 46163 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostKLR 420, on 17 February 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

Hey yo,

I really don't understand the hub-bub over artillery. Leave it alone, it's fine! Just quit whining and don't leave yourself so wide open when there is more than one artillery during the match. It's really annoying to keep reading all these similiar posts regarding something that is NOT broken or needs fixing in any way.

Stop it already!                     :arta:

this or just buy a spall liner and stop being some elitist tryhard.

Lycan T71 *** (Dot Dot Slash) / Cruiser Mk.II (Matilda Crusher) / Spähpanzer Ru 251 *** (Sucker Punch) / ELC AMX *** (Spider Ninji)

KV-2 ** (I'm a Derpaholic) / GwE-100 *** (Mighty Mammut) / FV304 *** (BERT the Daredevil) / S-51 *** (Finger of Death)

Light Tank Master Race 

Ruthless4u #46 Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11561 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 17 February 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

They have responded to this a long time ago at the same time as modules. 

"Arty nerfing: We purposely pulled back from many of the 8.6 Arty changes for the release version of 8.6 because they felt unplayable.  Did we go far enough?  I'm not sure but there's as many arty haters a lovers right now, it seems, which "seems" balanced.  8.10 made many more balance changes across the board that we are considering changing.  We'd love to hear your suggestions on this."

http://forum-console...216#entry357216

While I agree that it was addresses almost a year ago, unlike the package issue, the community still complains. Yes a vocal minority( according to various polls ) but still very load given the amount of post threads they generate. I feel the issue should be addresed again now that every current line has been released and many other changes have been made since the statement you quoted.

Equality is a myth.

In order to ensure rights for one, you must destroy rights of another.

Keep calm and wait for Naval Action.

Please donate to Aperts international 

http://www.apert-international.org

WartailSS #47 Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6819 battles
Don't get mad at arty. The only thing arty can do is pull the trigger. It is RNG that said Mmmmmm yeah you die. Or Mmmmmmmmmm nah you will miss this guy every shot, aim at someone else.

II FLAK II #48 Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 35711 battles
  • [GAFE]
I'm virtually new to the forums but not to the game. Started on PC and now I play daily on Xbox. I don't get it when players talk about nerfing a tank, like the WT Auf E 100 or in this case, artillery. But let's talk about arty here. Playing arty isn't as easy as some would expect, their accuracy is bad, long reload time, small gun arc (in some), etc while evading arty is relatively easy. Yes, it is frustrating when you get killed by arty while trying to kill that annoying enemy tank but if you get hit by arty is because you put yourself in a position where it was easy for the enemy arty to hit you or simply arty was lucky and landed a hit on you when you were moving. Playing arty is quite stressing, at least for me, you don't ALWAYS hit the target and you depend completely on your team, for spotting and and to defend yourself from enemy scouts.

WGWPAIN #49 Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

Creative Dir./Exec. Producer

• Administrator
  • 96 battles
  • [WGW]
Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.
See you on the battlefield.

PAINGOD

YOU GOT DENI3D #50 Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30263 battles

View PostWGWPAIN, on 18 February 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.

Fair enough, arty is annoying but important to dig out campers I think. I just enjoy playing it occasionally, but I can see its value in the game. Sucked last night though getting nailed by the same guy in two different games one in my Batchat for 1800 1 shot, the other doing 1500 damage in my st-I. That GW tiger was getting freaking lucky :angry:

Pit Friend #51 Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33185 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostWGWPAIN, on 17 February 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

Maybe instead of the "drone view" they have now just let them plot shots on the big map? And leave just the tank type icons so the SPGs don't get the "unfair" advantage of being able to see what direction their targets are facing or seeing destructible terrain get knocked over by unspotted tanks. 

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

Ruthless4u #52 Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:48 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11561 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostWGWPAIN, on 17 February 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

I appreciate the response PAIN. I might have a feasible partial solution to the issue. Or not still wrapping my head around it

Equality is a myth.

KillerDNA #53 Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 46163 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostRuthless4u, on 17 February 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

I appreciate the response PAIN. I might have a feasible partial solution to the issue. Or not still wrapping my head around it

that joke thread I made to try and get people to stop bashing you got flagged.

Really?

Light Tank Master Race 

Ruthless4u #54 Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:53 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11561 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostLordKillerDNA, on 17 February 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

that joke thread I made to try and get people to stop bashing you got flagged.

Really?

lol I seen. Oh well I work in a jail. Nothing they say here even scratches the surface.

Equality is a myth.

The God xLoki #55 Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:11 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15786 battles
Well in response to all the "try it" guys. I did. I have a 65% wr in my t8 arty and it is just pathetic. If the team gives me 7 min I come out with 4k+ no problem. I had no problems completely changing games with a couple shots and had no problem hitting. It felt mean and only encourages me that it's ridiculous. When I unlock my t10 arty I will post my first 10 battles. Even if I suck out. You will all see how "hard" high tier artillery is. 

Thirsty German #56 Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13585 battles

View PostPit Friend, on 17 February 2015 - 06:45 PM, said:

Maybe instead of the "drone view" they have now just let them plot shots on the big map? And leave just the tank type icons so the SPGs don't get the "unfair" advantage of being able to see what direction their targets are facing or seeing destructible terrain get knocked over by unspotted tanks. 

Would only work if the big map were to accurately represent the terrain. As it is, the two maps don't match well enough to use for firing. I think keeping drone view with the icons might work, though. I'd be willing to give it a try.

I don't really understand what the big deal is with arty. I play it and against it, and I don't see any problems with it as it is.

Thirsty German #57 Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:22 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13585 battles

View PostxNotTheNSA, on 17 February 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

Well in response to all the "try it" guys. I did. I have a 65% wr in my t8 arty and it is just pathetic. If the team gives me 7 min I come out with 4k+ no problem. I had no problems completely changing games with a couple shots and had no problem hitting. It felt mean and only encourages me that it's ridiculous. When I unlock my t10 arty I will post my first 10 battles. Even if I suck out. You will all see how "hard" high tier artillery is. 

I think you may just be really good with arty then. I suck with arty, and I suspect most people do.

The God xLoki #58 Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:02 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15786 battles

View PostThirsty German, on 18 February 2015 - 04:22 AM, said:

I think you may just be really good with arty then. I suck with arty, and I suspect most people do.

You don't have to be "good" at arty. Yeah a lot of shots might miss but if you get time. You can rack up all the damage in the world. That's my point. And from my experience my arty misses about 1/5 shots regardless of how much I aimed. 4 go right to the point of aim. And one goes to nom. I don't see how that's "balance" why give a reticle if you can just clutch fire and know that only 1 out of 5 will go where you don't aim. Yes I tested this theory. 

GluteusASSimus #59 Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:25 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37429 battles
  • [EGGSS]

ARTILLERY A-PLENTY.....
Please reduce the number of artillery in each game. I think ONE is a natural part of the team, two is maximum. Unfortunately I often encounter 3-4 artillery, this totally ruin the gaming experience for me. If we are to play WW2 tanks, then the artillery must play by the contemporary facts and premises. In WW2 they did NOT have satellite, or laser tracking of targets, ability to see movements relied solely on observation. 

GreenFusion6545 #60 Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17221 battles
  • [BAKON]

We need to have at least two arties at the maximum the 3/4 artillery teams are getting radical

“Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.” -Erwin Rommel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users