T71, 4133 dammage and 2034 spotting heartbreak and mastery.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Quazakaharet #1 Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]
Spoiler

Sand river my old friend, why is it that both times i have gotten a mastery in the T 71 it has been on you sandy hills, and both times the victory has been denied.

it was ever so close. we had them at the start, i spotted them, as the only scout in a tier 9 game. Using my cammo, and knowing they could not see me as i emptied my clip time and time again into a tiger 2 , super Pershing, and so many others. we had them bottle necked. it was a shooting gallery, but alas, the brunt of the force went behind me to the hills and not enough support to the left.. we punched thru but the other flank was lost. i retreated to see what could be done and faced off against my big brother, a t-69. he crested the hill in front of me, and i put 2 rounds into him, taking him out of the fight. they began to cap, and i checked the map and see my teammates are doing the same on theirs, we have 4 tanks, they have 9.

i race to base, and put a full clip into a jtig8.8. that was capping, resetting it, and just 5 seconds from victory, the greens on the enemy cap took a hit, and like Christmas lights were all extinguished in a quick string. i am now alone.i am reloading and decided to leave my cap, with 2-3 mediums and a very angry jtig in my wake. (over 7 opfor left).

i run thinking i might just catch their artillery alone, and find him where i least expect him, in the middle of the map charging the cap. but hes not alone, a pair of mediums are with him. i fire on the move and rng is with me, i land 3 shots from my clip on the arty, taking him out of the fight.

i run, using auto lock and keeping my eyes on the mediums, my tracks ate shot after shot as i reloaded, then i hit a rock, and somehow did not die. i got moving again, they penn me again and again. and as i get my last shot of the clip off, boom.

a valiant effort, but my t 71 fell again.

i love that tank, but it is one of my cursed tanks. my best games and not victory games, but defeats.

more exp then the top opfor thou, so i still consider it a win in my book.

happy tanking,

Edited by Quazakaharet, 27 February 2015 - 06:57 PM.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #2 Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22973 battles
You did a great job there. Sucks you had to carry the team on your back though. Regardless, the 71 is a superb tank

LEWIS 088 #3 Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5628 battles
Man that looks like you had a brilliant game!

CRY Havoc - WN8 1700+ - EFF 1375

Quazakaharet #4 Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:24 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 27 February 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

You did a great job there. Sucks you had to carry the team on your back though. Regardless, the 71 is a superb tank

yes, the t-71 is a great beast. one of the most fun scouts i have played. it can really hold its own in any game, but shines in a tier 8 game.

View PostLEWIS 088, on 27 February 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

Man that looks like you had a brilliant game!

it was brilliant, i got lucky, and was seconds from victory, but it was not in the books. i dont always win in this tank, but i love averaging over 1k damage in a scout every match : )

even on a loss i am usually positive in this little tank. cant wait till i get the cammo and view range crew skills (only have 6th sense right now)

DRG Fork #5 Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:56 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11417 battles
Damn good game.  It's a shame when a light tank carries the team only to be denied the victory. Obviously it says something about your team when you carry In a light tank... Sand river is one of my favorite maps for light tanks and mediums. Plenty of room to move around, flank, and scout.  Too many maps in this game are designed around choke points and sniping.

Sir Cobalt78 #6 Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22481 battles
  • [OFF]
The funniest part is you made 4x the XP what every other member of your team made!  :D  Great game!

Don't Track me Bro!

Quazakaharet #7 Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostDRG Fork, on 31 March 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Damn good game.  It's a shame when a light tank carries the team only to be denied the victory. Obviously it says something about your team when you carry In a light tank... Sand river is one of my favorite maps for light tanks and mediums. Plenty of room to move around, flank, and scout.  Too many maps in this game are designed around choke points and sniping.

definetly true. There are some maps where being a scout is almost irrelevant. There is just no room to hunker down and get good support fire. I just switch roles in my head and become a medium support flanker hunting for turretless td's.

View PostCobaltCorsair, on 31 March 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

The funniest part is you made 4x the XP what every other member of your team made!  :D  Great game!

Thank you. : )

It was funny. Was a bit surprised to see this thread resurrected. So... Random update.  I have 3 crew skills now and working on the 4 th . still playing it like an assault scout. Which is a blast. Haven't had such a good match since but I've been concentrating on some grinds and running the t 71 every few days for fun. Been eyeing the tier 8 French scout as I platoon with skymdx in his a lot. Sometime I'll get it and compare the 2 of em. 

Happy tanking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users