Revell 1/35 M48A2GA2 Patton - 'Patton Pansy'.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

WidowMaker1711 #21 Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11826 battles
  • [BNKR]
Helicopter thing looks like a Gazelle

For Russ and the Allfather

Corporal Derpy #22 Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 07 March 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

Helicopter thing looks like a Gazelle

Probably is.

I kinda want to dismantle it like my M3 Lee because I hope to never build another helicopter.

Garage : 

WidowMaker1711 #23 Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11826 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 07 March 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Probably is.

I kinda want to dismantle it like my M3 Lee because I hope to never build another helicopter.

Dismantle or smash?

Corporal Derpy #24 Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 07 March 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Dismantle or smash?

A mixture of both.

Tear apart piece by piece and then keep it so that every time I get a bad team on WoT I can try to break the pieces into even smaller pieces.

Tore apart a Nashorn, Pz III and the Lee.

Garage : 

WidowMaker1711 #25 Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11826 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 07 March 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

A mixture of both.

Tear apart piece by piece and then keep it so that every time I get a bad team on WoT I can try to break the pieces into even smaller pieces.

Tore apart a Nashorn, Pz III and the Lee.

Used to do that playing BF3. Took a really badly built Spit 9 and used it as target for paper pellets

Corporal Derpy #26 Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 07 March 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

Used to do that playing BF3. Took a really badly built Spit 9 and used it as target for paper pellets

If I got mad in BF3 I just went into some CQDOM Server and used C4 only.

Got at least 4,000 kills with it in a week when I was trying to get 100 C4 SS before BF4's release.

Garage : 

PeteyTheRed #27 Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9121 battles

http://i.imgur.com/PWKa0uo.png

I think that is a Gazelle

:sceptic:

Corporal Derpy #28 Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles

View PostPeteyTheRed, on 07 March 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

http://i.imgur.com/PWKa0uo.png

I think that is a Gazelle

Updated it so it says it may be a Gazelle, wouldn't want 200 posts to be 'It's a Gazelle' after the mystery has been solved by people who know their helicopters better than me.

Garage : 

Talwin Darkmorr #29 Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8286 battles
Hi chap, I thought I'd already posted on this thread. That is a really nice looking model, I do like the camo scheme. Couple of sites you might want to look at. First is International Scale Modellers, there is a lot of info and tips on there. The second is emodels.co.uk, they have Kits- Paint-Tools and the postage in UK is pretty good. When I finish the Paper-Replika Tiger, I will then be building a Academy 1/35 Tiger 1. I'm not looking forward to painting the camo on that

Corporal Derpy #30 Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles

View PostTIP Talon, on 09 March 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

Hi chap, I thought I'd already posted on this thread. That is a really nice looking model, I do like the camo scheme. Couple of sites you might want to look at. First is International Scale Modellers, there is a lot of info and tips on there. The second is emodels.co.uk, they have Kits- Paint-Tools and the postage in UK is pretty good. When I finish the Paper-Replika Tiger, I will then be building a Academy 1/35 Tiger 1. I'm not looking forward to painting the camo on that

I've avoided buying from the internet so far and went for physical copies every time, and have actually never really looked at info or tips, just been winging it from the start.

I've got a hefty amount of paint though I should probably get an entire stockpile of the stuff and the Revell one is becoming my favourite after what it did on that Patton model, only other tool I really need is one of those heat things to actually put the tracks together.

I got the Tamiya 1/35 Tiger I and having to put 200 pieces of track together wasn't fun, the rear of the left one isn't even complete because they decided not to bend and by that point at around 2am I didn't want to break half of it to fix one problem. Hope to get another Tiger I 1/35 though it will be the exact same colour as my current one because it's actually the variant of the Tiger they used on GuP.

Garage : 

MushinWolf #31 Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3692 battles

In regards to the Tiger camo..shouldn't be too hard..depending on whether you have an airbrush or paint & brush etc.

What you could try is a grey Tiger with markings,then white wash lightly for snow camo..like in real life.

Easier than some of the camo patterns if your not too confident in your skills.

--Predicted the Soviet tank line in May on 12/03/14 @ 1425HRS--

Alonya Ruslana #32 Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12838 battles
  • [REA]

OP, a question.

I'm just starting out in making model tanks, having recently purchased a 1/35 scale M41 Walker Bulldog by Tamiya. I'm yet to start building it, and I was hoping you could tell me if I should start by painting the parts first, or if I should put the model together first?

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

Also, that Patton you made. Absolutely beautiful. :medal:

Every day a unicorn named Germanica speaks to me & guides me. People may not like it, but fact is, I'd be dead without her in my life.

leova #33 Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [47R]

bought a few smaller-scale models for use with a tabletop wargaming/tankbattle game, and am stuck because I suck at painting

Got a couple of em done with my brother's help, but I really do suck at it..

any tips?

I can post a couple pictures if you want :)

Corporal Derpy #34 Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles

View PostV8UC UNICORN, on 08 May 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

OP, a question.

I'm just starting out in making model tanks, having recently purchased a 1/35 scale M41 Walker Bulldog by Tamiya. I'm yet to start building it, and I was hoping you could tell me if I should start by painting the parts first, or if I should put the model together first?

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

Also, that Patton you made. Absolutely beautiful. :medal:

I found out the hard way, you will want to paint it before building it.

The reason for this, especially with tanks is because specific parts of it like the wheels just end up getting in the way and trying to paint anything behind them proves rather difficult, still got a few models that survived the onslaught that was when I tried painting after building them.

With that in mind, I like to take wheels that are 2 separate ones joined together and stick them together before painting them because I really don't care about the fact that the inside of that isn't painted properly.

It may be worth noting that I am not at all professional and it's a miracle the M48A2GA2 turned out as it did, so it may be good to go look for other guides or asking people who are way more skilled than I am about it.

View Postleova, on 08 May 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

bought a few smaller-scale models for use with a tabletop wargaming/tankbattle game, and am stuck because I suck at painting

Got a couple of em done with my brother's help, but I really do suck at it..

any tips?

I can post a couple pictures if you want :)

Instantly I'd say, try to get the Revell kit which has all the stuff, cutting knife, whatever the thing is to hold pieces(I want to say those are called Pliers, but my brain has left me behind).

There may be better ones out there from Tamiya or something but I've only ever managed to find Revell.

The above thing of painting before building should help.

It's a great idea to buy a very large amount of paintbrushes, and I've got way too much paint than I'll ever need.

Feel free to post the pictures, they probably look better than the M3 Lee I dismantled :teethhappy:

Edited by Corporal Derpy, 08 May 2015 - 02:21 PM.

Garage : 

THE GAMING GAMR #35 Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14080 battles
  • [GGW]

Awesome thread and thanks for sharing.

Just picked up a couple WOT favs myself last week to build as I always enjoyed armored vehicle building when I was a younger version of myself.

Alonya Ruslana #36 Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12838 battles
  • [REA]

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 08 May 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

The reason for this, especially with tanks is because specific parts of it like the wheels just end up getting in the way and trying to paint anything behind them proves rather difficult, still got a few models that survived the onslaught that was when I tried painting after building them.

With that in mind, I like to take wheels that are 2 separate ones joined together and stick them together before painting them because I really don't care about the fact that the inside of that isn't painted properly.

It may be worth noting that I am not at all professional and it's a miracle the M48A2GA2 turned out as it did, so it may be good to go look for other guides or asking people who are way more skilled than I am about it.

Instantly I'd say, try to get the Revell kit which has all the stuff, cutting knife, whatever the thing is to hold pieces(I want to say those are called Pliers, but my brain has left me behind).

There may be better ones out there from Tamiya or something but I've only ever managed to find Revell.

The above thing of painting before building should help.

It's a great idea to buy a very large amount of paintbrushes, and I've got way too much paint than I'll ever need.

Feel free to post the pictures, they probably look better than the M3 Lee I dismantled :teethhappy:

Thanks for the response. This leaves me with a tricky decision now. Get the paint today or keep the money in case we see Chinese premiums soon, owing to China being added to the stats page. :hiding:

Every day a unicorn named Germanica speaks to me & guides me. People may not like it, but fact is, I'd be dead without her in my life.

Corporal Derpy #37 Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles

View PostV8UC UNICORN, on 08 May 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

Thanks for the response. This leaves me with a tricky decision now. Get the paint today or keep the money in case we see Chinese premiums soon, owing to China being added to the stats page. :hiding:

Well that would depend on whether or not you like any of the Premiums.

Type 64 looks nice but 45 rounds of ammo in a 76, on a Tier VI Light which I'd assume gets Scout MM puts me off of it.

Waiting to see if a fun idea that came up months ago is true, and whether while I hate the T-34-85 with a passion that I will adore the Type 58.

Paint shouldn't cost THAT much to make it hard to get Gold for Premiums should it? But either way the Paint nor the Model will be going anywhere any time soon.

Garage : 

leova #38 Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [47R]

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 08 May 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

Yeah, I painted em after I built em, but they are super-small models anyway so I wasnt worried

Spoiler

2 angles on the same tank above, the skeleton is just a "test piece" that came with the paint/brush kit I bought

Corporal Derpy #39 Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles

View Postleova, on 08 May 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Yeah, I painted em after I built em, but they are super-small models anyway so I wasnt worried

Spoiler

2 angles on the same tank above, the skeleton is just a "test piece" that came with the paint/brush kit I bought

Ooh a T-34/76, which looks like a model kit I've yet to see(though I guess it is hard to find anything that isn't Airfix where I live.)

The paint scheme is not that bad, but I can list a few things.

While many people seem to do it, maybe it's better, maybe it's worse, I like to take the WoT approach in which case the wheels and the lower hull behind where the wheels are, are just the base colour of the hull, the tracks don't need to have camo on them and I'd always go with just painting them completely black(though most kits I've went with have the tracks already grey/black.)

While the centre of the wheels I'd go for being the base colour, in the case of the T-34, green, the outer rim that is of course rubber should be black.

Outside of that, it doesn't really look that bad aside from that yellow paint, which I swear I have that exact one because I've got an Sukhoi, MiG or some other Russian jet which the yellow paint looks horrid.

It may be a good idea in the future to find some form of camouflage you like perhaps by going onto WoT and getting them up, Google for historical paint schemes or someone else's model, which is what I did in the case of my GA2 because I wanted that beautiful Bundeswehr camo on it.

Garage : 

leova #40 Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [47R]

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 08 May 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

Ooh a T-34/76, which looks like a model kit I've yet to see(though I guess it is hard to find anything that isn't Airfix where I live.)

The paint scheme is not that bad, but I can list a few things.

While many people seem to do it, maybe it's better, maybe it's worse, I like to take the WoT approach in which case the wheels and the lower hull behind where the wheels are, are just the base colour of the hull, the tracks don't need to have camo on them and I'd always go with just painting them completely black(though most kits I've went with have the tracks already grey/black.)

While the centre of the wheels I'd go for being the base colour, in the case of the T-34, green, the outer rim that is of course rubber should be black.

Outside of that, it doesn't really look that bad aside from that yellow paint, which I swear I have that exact one because I've got an Sukhoi, MiG or some other Russian jet which the yellow paint looks horrid.

It may be a good idea in the future to find some form of camouflage you like perhaps by going onto WoT and getting them up, Google for historical paint schemes or someone else's model, which is what I did in the case of my GA2 because I wanted that beautiful Bundeswehr camo on it.

http://www.thewarstore.com/product67172.html

That is where I got some of my models(most on amazon since i had credits), its by a company called Zvezda for their own tank boardgame :)

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/144352/ww-ii-tank-combat

In regards to painting the tracks, I probably won't do that for future ones, but for my first time I kinda just said "Screw it" and did big swaths of brown and yellow all the way across :)

Good call on the Wheel painting, I wanted to avoid painting the big outside tracks but didn't consider the wheels besides that little center bit that I dotted.

I looked up some Tank Camos online and in WoT to get a general feel for how they look, but in the end, as above, I just went for a simple 2-brush camo pattern for my first attempt. Plus I had a couple of these t-34/76 tanks, so it seemed a good place to start :)

Edited by leova, 08 May 2015 - 02:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users