Jump to content


Revell 1/35 M48A2GA2 Patton - 'Patton Pansy'.


  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Corporal Derpy #41 Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View Postleova, on 08 May 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

 

http://www.thewarstore.com/product67172.html

That is where I got some of my models(most on amazon since i had credits), its by a company called Zvezda for their own tank boardgame :)

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/144352/ww-ii-tank-combat

 

In regards to painting the tracks, I probably won't do that for future ones, but for my first time I kinda just said "Screw it" and did big swaths of brown and yellow all the way across :)

 

Good call on the Wheel painting, I wanted to avoid painting the big outside tracks but didn't consider the wheels besides that little center bit that I dotted.

 

I looked up some Tank Camos online and in WoT to get a general feel for how they look, but in the end, as above, I just went for a simple 2-brush camo pattern for my first attempt. Plus I had a couple of these t-34/76 tanks, so it seemed a good place to start :)

 

Never got Zvezda, I ordered a bunch of 1/35's once and that was now about a year, maybe two ago, still haven't got them so since then I've just stuck with going and buying them myself, which limits the choices usually to just Airfix, Revell and Tamiya.

Going for a single paint or maybe 2 is probably the best option until you get a good feel about going for 3-4 colours.

 

Started doing the wheel things on the first T-34/76 I got, problem was I sucked back then with it, it's a heck of a lot easier to do on bigger models like just about everything, but hey it makes the wheels stand out which is nice.

I've begun just tossing bits of Metallic Grey on the tracks hither and thither because shiny stuff looks coo', most of the time at least.

 

T-34 model kits are very much like the actual tank, you can find model kits of them bloody everywhere, and they are quite easy to do, I really do want to one day try to create a T-34-88 like that one model kit dude did who got on the Portal once which looked amazing.


Garage : 

leova #42 Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:21 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11351 battles
  • 12,908
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-11-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 08 May 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

 

I've begun just tossing bits of Metallic Grey on the tracks hither and thither because shiny stuff looks coo', most of the time at least.

 

T-34 model kits are very much like the actual tank, you can find model kits of them bloody everywhere, and they are quite easy to do, I really do want to one day try to create a T-34-88 like that one model kit dude did who got on the Portal once which looked amazing.

 

I chromed/silvered one of my other models, don't have a picture of it yet

Zvezda kits are incredibly easy to put together, which is great for me and my fat fingers. I bought an Airfix Churchill, couldn't put it together properly at all due to the TINY 1/75 pieces or whatever, it was terrible. Broke a couple of em trying, said "screw it" and put the box in my closet

 

Block Quote

 I really do want to one day try to create a T-34-88

 Thats an interesting idea, I hadnt considered putting one Tank turret atop another one..... Intriguing! :great:

 



Corporal Derpy #43 Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:27 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View Postleova, on 08 May 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

 

I chromed/silvered one of my other models, don't have a picture of it yet

Zvezda kits are incredibly easy to put together, which is great for me and my fat fingers. I bought an Airfix Churchill, couldn't put it together properly at all due to the TINY 1/75 pieces or whatever, it was terrible. Broke a couple of em trying, said "screw it" and put the box in my closet

 

 Thats an interesting idea, I hadnt considered putting one Tank turret atop another one..... Intriguing! :great:

 

 

Got one of the Airfix Churchill Mk VII's meself.

It was one of me first models and probably the best looking until I went and took the first Tiger II I had and modified that.

 

1/76 is just bleugh now that I've got used to 1/48 and 1/35 models.

 

Well as I see it, seems that you may just be a case of being able to take a T-34-85 model kit, a Tiger I model kit(the Tamiya one is good because it comes with two 8.8 guns if I remember correctly.) and try to stick them together.

Would like to do that with a 1/35 scale of both models so it would be a decent sized T-34-88.

 

Found the thread :

http://forum-console...-and-panther-f/

I am entirely certain that I will not be able to do as good a job as he did, but still, having even a slightly buggered one is fine by me.


Garage : 

Alonya Ruslana #44 Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:05 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12838 battles
  • 2,510
  • [REA]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 08 May 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

 

Well that would depend on whether or not you like any of the Premiums.

Type 64 looks nice but 45 rounds of ammo in a 76, on a Tier VI Light which I'd assume gets Scout MM puts me off of it.

Waiting to see if a fun idea that came up months ago is true, and whether while I hate the T-34-85 with a passion that I will adore the Type 58.

 

Paint shouldn't cost THAT much to make it hard to get Gold for Premiums should it? But either way the Paint nor the Model will be going anywhere any time soon.

 

Well my position in life is that owing to several disabilities I have, I'm on a fixed weekly income. I usually have £50 a week to spend on stuff after the important things. If these Chinese premiums do get released, I want to be able to get that tier VIII medium and perhaps the light tank as well. And as you said, the model can wait. As excited as I am to make it, I'd still rather have the game content first, as I am a gamer before a model-maker. :playing:

Every day a unicorn named Germanica speaks to me & guides me. People may not like it, but fact is, I'd be dead without her in my life.


Corporal Derpy #45 Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostV8UC UNICORN, on 09 May 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

 

Well my position in life is that owing to several disabilities I have, I'm on a fixed weekly income. I usually have £50 a week to spend on stuff after the important things. If these Chinese premiums do get released, I want to be able to get that tier VIII medium and perhaps the light tank as well. And as you said, the model can wait. As excited as I am to make it, I'd still rather have the game content first, as I am a gamer before a model-maker. :playing:

 

May be a good idea to figure out how to play Chinese tonks before you go about playing that Tier VIII, or that's just how I see it, but with that in mind I like to avoid higher than VII with a passion.

I've got lucky and got £220 I can go spending on many a things, but good news is that there ain't anything I want at all on WoT thus far.

 

What does suck about that is that even with nothing to get on WoT, I can't even get anything for models because there isn't much places I can get good models or paint sets.


Garage : 

Kellen NA #46 Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31723 battles
  • 3,592
  • [FAME-]
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014
Bump, because people need to see this, I'm jealous!:teethhappy:

Retired Competitive Player for [FAME-] inFamous Animals

and [TNG-] Top Notch Gaming

Twitch || 50+ Three Marks || YouTube

Corporal Derpy #47 Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:38 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostKellen Martin 7, on 08 August 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

Bump, because people need to see this, I'm jealous!:teethhappy:

 

Still been the last model I've done.

Need to get something like a Type 74.


Garage : 

Kellen NA #48 Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31723 battles
  • 3,592
  • [FAME-]
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 08 August 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

 

Still been the last model I've done.

Need to get something like a Type 74.

 

That sounds awesome, I'm starting work on my Patton soon.

Retired Competitive Player for [FAME-] inFamous Animals

and [TNG-] Top Notch Gaming

Twitch || 50+ Three Marks || YouTube

Corporal Derpy #49 Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostKellen Martin 7, on 08 August 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

 

That sounds awesome, I'm starting work on my Patton soon.

 

Well Tamiya appear to have a 1/35 Type 74 'Winter' version.

Though I'd probably not do it Winter. However that would require money, and probably newer paint since it's been months, should probably get like some cheap airfix one to get back into it before doing a 1/35.

 

Is it a GA2 Patton?


Garage : 

Kellen NA #50 Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31723 battles
  • 3,592
  • [FAME-]
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014
No just a M48A2. I bought it at Wal-Mart for 9 bucks lol not the most detailed model.

Retired Competitive Player for [FAME-] inFamous Animals

and [TNG-] Top Notch Gaming

Twitch || 50+ Three Marks || YouTube

WidowMaker1711 #51 Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:04 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11826 battles
  • 9,988
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
Ive only been building 1/72 scale planes because i have a plane mad nearly 3 year old.

For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


Corporal Derpy #52 Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostKellen Martin 7, on 08 August 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

No just a M48A2. I bought it at Wal-Mart for 9 bucks lol not the most detailed model.

 

So I assume it has the great 'ol mini-turret on the top.

Got a few of the easy build things, rather nice to get now and then, even with the little detail, so darn cheap that you can just mess about with.

 

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 08 August 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

Ive only been building 1/72 scale planes because i have a plane mad nearly 3 year old.

 

What's a Plane Mad, does it age like dog years. :trollface:

Garage : 

Kellen NA #53 Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31723 battles
  • 3,592
  • [FAME-]
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 08 August 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

 

So I assume it has the great 'ol mini-turret on the top.

Got a few of the easy build things, rather nice to get now and then, even with the little detail, so darn cheap that you can just mess about with.

 

 

What's a Plane Mad, does it age like dog years. :trollface:

 

Yep, also have a Tirpitz and Easy 8 to put together!

Retired Competitive Player for [FAME-] inFamous Animals

and [TNG-] Top Notch Gaming

Twitch || 50+ Three Marks || YouTube

WidowMaker1711 #54 Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11826 battles
  • 9,988
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 08 August 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

 

So I assume it has the great 'ol mini-turret on the top.

Got a few of the easy build things, rather nice to get now and then, even with the little detail, so darn cheap that you can just mess about with.

 

 

What's a Plane Mad, does it age like dog years. :trollface:

 

Aviation Mad 3 year old. Hes nuts.


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


Corporal Derpy #55 Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostKellen Martin 7, on 08 August 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

 

Yep, also have a Tirpitz and Easy 8 to put together!

 

I've got very little Yank tanks, I think of the 2 Shermans I have, one is a Firefly and another's an early M4, so one of them isn't even technically a Yank tank.

I've never done a ship, nor really intend to.

 

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 08 August 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

 

Aviation Mad 3 year old. Hes nuts.

 

Should get him into WWII planes, let him enjoy the beauty of Fighter Planes.

Garage : 

WidowMaker1711 #56 Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11826 battles
  • 9,988
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 08 August 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

 

I've got very little Yank tanks, I think of the 2 Shermans I have, one is a Firefly and another's an early M4, so one of them isn't even technically a Yank tank.

I've never done a ship, nor really intend to.

 

 

Should get him into WWII planes, let him enjoy the beauty of Fighter Planes.

 

He currently adores "shouty aeroplanes" the only 2 year old ive seen at an airshow who ripped his ear defenders off to listen to a belgian f16, a swiss f18 and the vulcan. And cackle with unbridled glee as they displayed.


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


Corporal Derpy #57 Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:30 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 08 August 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

 

He currently adores "shouty aeroplanes" the only 2 year old ive seen at an airshow who ripped his ear defenders off to listen to a belgian f16, a swiss f18 and the vulcan. And cackle with unbridled glee as they displayed.

 

So is it now quite safe to say he can never complain about something being too loud anymore, without that being referenced.

 


Garage : 

WidowMaker1711 #58 Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11826 battles
  • 9,988
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 08 August 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

 

So is it now quite safe to say he can never complain about something being too loud anymore, without that being referenced.

 

 

He runs around going raaaarrrrrrrr when he pretends. So yes he will no longer be allowed to complain.


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


Corporal Derpy #59 Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:35 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 08 August 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

 

He runs around going raaaarrrrrrrr when he pretends. So yes he will no longer be allowed to complain.

 

 

You should put a video on of some engine roar, be it a Stuka Siren or the engine of an F-22, and just try to make it sound like it's coming from outside the house.

I'd be impressed if he hasn't broken any of the 1/72 planes.


Edited by Corporal Derpy, 08 August 2015 - 05:36 PM.

Garage : 

WidowMaker1711 #60 Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:36 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11826 battles
  • 9,988
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 08 August 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

 

 

You should put a video on of some engine roar, be it a Stuka Siren or the engine of an F-22, and just try to make it sound like it's coming from outside the house.

I'd be impressed if he hasn't broken any of the 1/72 planes.

 

Oh i only have to play the video of the Vulcan i recorded earlier this year. Everybody soon knows about it.


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users