• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

Schneller WGA #41 Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 168 battles

View PostWet Your Pants, on 10 March 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

How did you make this?????

EDIT: Nevermind you answered as I posted. 

Edited by Schneller WGA, 11 March 2015 - 05:23 PM.

Please read the WoT rules: 
Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us onFacebookTwitterYouTube &Twitch!

KeystoneCops #42 Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17819 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostSchneller WGA, on 11 March 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

How did you make this?????

EDIT: Nevermind you answered as I posted. 

So you won't mind if I use copyrighted material?

SpartacusDiablo #43 Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19633 battles
  • [BNKR]
These are impressive. I'm going to go the old fashioned route and do this by hand. I've got q pretty cool idea sketched out but I'll be honest I was confident going into this but now I'm a little worried...

Schneller WGA #44 Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:17 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 168 battles

View PostKeystoneCops, on 11 March 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

So you won't mind if I use copyrighted material?

As long as you change it up enough to make it resemble something new

UnsoundDineen #45 Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10091 battles

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 11 March 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

These are impressive. I'm going to go the old fashioned route and do this by hand. I've got q pretty cool idea sketched out but I'll be honest I was confident going into this but now I'm a little worried...

same here dude

KeystoneCops #46 Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17819 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostSchneller WGA, on 11 March 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

What does that mean? It sounds like you're creating a loose grey area where people will push the boundaries of plagiarism. When HBFT and Mana were doing this, there was a marked transition to "entirely original work." Why is that changing?

KeystoneCops #47 Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17819 battles
  • [GIRLS]

also, thanks for correcting the neg votes I took. Heck, maybe you gave them to me...

Radica1Cat #48 Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:13 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9793 battles

So I can make a collage of terrifying pictures and place the Mutant in the centre and that can be my entry?

Stang is a dirty girl.

Schneller WGA #49 Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 168 battles

View PostRadica1Cat, on 11 March 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

So I can make a collage of terrifying pictures and place the Mutant in the centre and that can be my entry?

You have one entry and if you choose to use that as your entry you are more then welcome to. An entry doesn't mean you will win something, that is why I would advice everyone to give it their best. 

Schneller WGA #50 Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 168 battles

View PostKeystoneCops, on 11 March 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

What does that mean? It sounds like you're creating a loose grey area where people will push the boundaries of plagiarism. When HBFT and Mana were doing this, there was a marked transition to "entirely original work." Why is that changing?

That means that every person is responsible for their entries, all entries are welcomed but that doesn't mean all entries will be making the cut. 

KeystoneCops #51 Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17819 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostSchneller WGA, on 11 March 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

That means that every person is responsible for their entries, all entries are welcomed but that doesn't mean all entries will be making the cut. 

Am I understanding you correctly that you're cutting some entries before submitting the entries to the pool of judges?

Schneller WGA #52 Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 168 battles

View PostKeystoneCops, on 11 March 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Am I understanding you correctly that you're cutting some entries before submitting the entries to the pool of judges?

So it works like this:

Contest runs from day 1 to day 7. At the end of Day 7 all the entries are compiled into a big pool to be judged. Once we have our pool we start judging each entry and cutting them down until we have our top 5. 

Any other questions?

l BoltFlare l #53 Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Spoiler

Edit: Can someone show me how to add a spoiler tag?

GT: BoltFlare

KeystoneCops #54 Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17819 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostSchneller WGA, on 11 March 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

So it works like this:

Contest runs from day 1 to day 7. At the end of Day 7 all the entries are compiled into a big pool to be judged. Once we have our pool we start judging each entry and cutting them down until we have our top 5. 

Any other questions?

Yes, thanks!

Who are the judges? Are there still judges outside of the contest team? Are all judges votes weighed equally?

The answer to the question here confuses me. It seems like you're surprised the contestant would want to draw something. How else would you create original poster art? Am I missing something?

Can contestants submit an "anonymous" version just for judging? That's been requested previously . For example, can I blur out my name so that it doesn't bias judges?

Can I take someone else's entry, and substantially modify it and still win? Do you note the order submissions come in for the judges?

Schneller WGA #55 Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:40 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 168 battles

View PostKeystoneCops, on 11 March 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

Yes, thanks!

Who are the judges? Are there still judges outside of the contest team? Are all judges votes weighed equally?

The judges are members of the community and social team. All judges votes are weighed equally.

The answer to the question here confuses me. It seems like you're surprised the contestant would want to draw something. How else would you create original poster art? Am I missing something?  I think there was just some miscommunication, I want to open this contest to as many people as possible. If you're talented in drawing then I encourage you to draw, if your talent is with 3D modelling I encourage that.  Every artist has their own special set of skills and I want to encourage people to use whatever their good at. 

Can contestants submit an "anonymous" version just for judging? That's been requested previously . For example, can I blur out my name so that it doesn't bias judges? Would this anonymous version be: All images are pulled into a main document for judges to look through (this allows them to avoid bias from community comments). I can inquire about an anonymous version for judging. 

Can I take someone else's entry, and substantially modify it and still win? Do you note the order submissions come in for the judges?

You cannot take someone else’s already entered entry  to modify it and expect to win. We take note of when orders are submitted and apply it to our main judging doc as soon as we see them.

KeystoneCops #56 Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17819 battles
  • [GIRLS]
Good thing neg votes don't affect contest outcome.

DARTH TETRIS #57 Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16690 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostKeystoneCops, on 11 March 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

Yes, thanks!

The answer to the question here confuses me. It seems like you're surprised the contestant would want to draw something. How else would you create original poster art? Am I missing something?

Can contestants submit an "anonymous" version just for judging? That's been requested previously . For example, can I blur out my name so that it doesn't bias judges?

You might be taking this a bit too seriously :P And whoever is neg voting you is as well.

Schneller and WG want a fair contest for everybody, but they also want a FUN contest.

Have fun, make your entry, and if something shady happens, PM Schneller and WG will take care of it.

EDIT: course, last time you threw a small stink on a contest and got neg voted to oblivion you won a free tank...so I can't blame you for doing it again :teethhappy:

Edited by DARTH TETRIS, 11 March 2015 - 08:52 PM.

KeystoneCops #58 Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17819 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostDARTH TETRIS, on 11 March 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

You might be taking this a bit too seriously :P And whoever is neg voting you is as well.

Schneller and WG want a fair contest for everybody, but they also want a FUN contest.

Have fun, make your entry, and if something shady happens, PM Schneller and WG will take care of it.

EDIT: course, last time you threw a small stink on a contest and got neg voted to oblivion you won a free tank...so I can't blame you for doing it again :teethhappy:

I get negged in EVERY contest thread.

Anyway, I'll take copyright infringement as seriously as I want to.

EDIT: I take offense at that. Seriously. 

KeystoneCops #59 Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17819 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View Postl BoltFlare l, on 11 March 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Spoiler

Edit: Can someone show me how to add a spoiler tag?

Hopefully that helps!

KeystoneCops #60 Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17819 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostSchneller WGA, on 11 March 2015 - 03:40 PM, said:

Yes, thanks!

The judges are members of the community and social team. All judges votes are weighed equally.

Cool. In the past that wasn't always the case.

The answer to the question here confuses me. It seems like you're surprised the contestant would want to draw something. How else would you create original poster art? Am I missing something?  I think there was just some miscommunication, I want to open this contest to as many people as possible. If you're talented in drawing then I encourage you to draw, if your talent is with 3D modelling I encourage that.  Every artist has their own special set of skills and I want to encourage people to use whatever their good at. 

Gotcha.

Can contestants submit an "anonymous" version just for judging? That's been requested previously . For example, can I blur out my name so that it doesn't bias judges? Would this anonymous version be: All images are pulled into a main document for judges to look through (this allows them to avoid bias from community comments). I can inquire about an anonymous version for judging. 

Great, even if it's something you can't really consider until next contest.

You cannot take someone else’s already entered entry  to modify it and expect to win. We take note of when orders are submitted and apply it to our main judging doc as soon as we see them.

In my mind, what I meant was "artwork created by someone else for another contest, or even just fan art." I did a poor job explaining that. And of course it should be understood that the artwork would be put through Photoshop filters (several) and maybe even flipped.

Also tagged with Contest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users