• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Aschenblume #1 Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:42 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25451 battles
  • [DP]

Aschenblume's Guide for the Jagdtiger

Hello once again! Aschen here with my favorite Tank Destroyer in the game and in my opinion the BEST tank destroyer in the game. The Jagdtiger in a nutshell is a heavily armored-hardhitting-monster, with little regard of mercy for it's enemies... It just wants to devour everything in sight.

As always lets start with a little History:

Jagdtiger ("Hunting Tiger") is the common name of a German heavy tank destroyer of World War II. The official German designation was Panzerjäger Tiger Ausf. B as it was based on a lengthened Tiger II chassis. The ordnance inventory designation was Sd. Kfz. 186. The Jagdtiger was the heaviest armored fighting vehicleused operationally during World War II and is the heaviest tank ever to achieve series production. The vehicle carried a 128 mm PaK 44 L/55 main gun, capable of out-ranging and defeating any fielded Allied tank. It saw service in small numbers from late 1944 to the end of the war on both the Western and Eastern Front. Tiger ace Otto Carius commanded a company of Jagdtigers. His post-war memoir provides a rare combat history of the Jagdtigers that were under his command. Although 150 were ordered, only between 77 and 88 were produced. Due to an excessive weight the Jagdtiger was continuously plagued with mechanical problems. Today, three Jagdtigers survive in museums.

Source : Wikipedia

-Dreadnought-

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy

Super-Unicum - WN8 - 3200 -- Check out my tank guides for the: ConquerorLeopard 1STB-1Chieftain,

TigerCenturion Mk. 7/1Jagdtiger, and T26E4 Super Pershing

Aschenblume #2 Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25451 battles
  • [DP]

In Game Statistics : 

Main Characteristics

Tier IX

Hit Points 1,800 HP

Weight/Load Limit 74.55 / 75.0 t

Price 3,450,000

Crew
  1. Commander
  2. Radio Operator
  3. Driver
  4. Gunner
  5. Loader
  6. Loader

Mobility

Engine Power 650 h.p.

Speed Limit 38 km/h

Traverse Speed 24 deg/sec

Turret Traverse Speed 26 deg/sec

Armor

Hull Armor (mm)
  • front 250
  • sides 80
  • rear 80

Armament

Gun 12,8 cm Pak 44 L/55

Ammunition 40 pcs

Damage 368-613 HP

Armor Penetration 185-308 mm

Rate of Fire 5.5 rounds/min

View Range 390 m

Signal Range 310 m
Configuration

Guns

-Dreadnought-

Super-Unicum - WN8 - 3200 -- Check out my tank guides for the: ConquerorLeopard 1STB-1Chieftain,

Aschenblume #3 Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25451 battles
  • [DP]
Tier Gun Damage 
(НР)
Penetration 
(mm)
Rate of Fire 
(rounds/min)
Price 
(credits)

X 12,8 cm Pak L/66 560/560/700 276/352/65 5.26 339,000

X 12,8 cm Pak 44 L/55 490/490/630 246/311/65 5.5 310,000

Engines

Engines

Tier Engine Power 
(h.p.)
Chance of Fire 
(%)
Price 
(credits)

VII Maybach HL 210 TRM P30 650 20 35,500

VIII Maybach HL 230 TRM P30 700 20 54,000

Suspensions

Suspensions

Tier Suspension Load Limit 
(t)
Traverse Speed 
(deg/sec)
Price 
(credits)

VIII Jagdtiger 75.0 24 28,100

IX Jagdtiger verstärkteketten 79.0 26 62,000

Radios

Radios

Tier Radio Signal Range 
(m)
Price 
(credits)

III FuG 5 310 630

VI FuG 7 415 8,160

IX FuG 12 710 43,200

Source : World Of Tanks - Tankopedia

(All underlined modules are equipped on the final package)

-Dreadnought-

Aschenblume #4 Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25451 battles
  • [DP]

So one thing I'd like to get out of the way is that this is a frontline tank destroyer. It's armor and great gun is what makes this thing so fearsome. When a Jagdtiger looks at you expect to lose a large chunk of your health. Average damage might say 560 but I would place it around ~600. The 276/352/65 millimeters of penetration on the 12,8 cm (128mm) Pak L/66 cuts through armor like a hot knife through butter. Typically if you aim at a relative weakspot feel free to fire and let the Pak L/66 run its course. The other main points of the 128mm is the excellent rate of fire, aim time (2.3sec), and accuracy (.33 m/100m)

Why Is the 128mm Pak L/66 better than most other cannons like the common 155/152mm people are fond of?

Because they are slow reloading. For every 155/152mm shell loaded the Jagdtiger has already put 2 shells into you and the third is being loaded while you're busy aiming for a weakspot.

Despite its heavy weight of 71.1 tons (158,000lbs) it can actually move pretty quick with a speed limit of 38 Km/h.

(Slowest being the T95 at 13 Km/h)

It is one of the slower turning tank destroyers around with 26 degrees a sec on the Jagdtiger verstärteketten suspension. 

WARNING : This does not mean you are safe from being circled and out maneuvered by medium tanks IT WILL HAPPEN!

HOW DO I STAY SAFE FROM BEING CIRCLED AND BEING MADE A FOOL OUT OF?

Easy! When being circled STAY CALM! If you freak out you wont be thinking clearly and it will only make things worse. Find a good hard piece of cover (rock, building, edge of the map, etc.) and park your @ss up against it. That way they won't be able to circle you without getting wedge in between you and a hard place. Then watch and laugh as the medium tries to survive against the menace that is the Jagdtiger.

So Far the Tanks sounds Great but how about the cons?

Well, the Jagdtiger is a very large machine and is a pretty little piece of target practice for artillery. It also doesn't have a turret and is not very mobile when turning. Since the Jagdtiger is so large DO NOT rely on camo because it is almost pointless.

-Dreadnought-

Aschenblume #5 Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25451 battles
  • [DP]

Other Player's Opinions : 

Performance

The JT is a one-dimensional tank that uses several facets in pursuit of that. The first and foremost focus of the JT player is one thing: damage. The JT cannot scout and cannot flank other tanks; it's role isn't distraction or spotting or indeed even suppression. It's role is to simply hammer away at the foes' hitpoints, one 128mm shell at a time. Compared to many TDs at these tiers, the JT seems to be a less damaging tank, what with its 490 (later 560) damage-per-shot rating, when many other tier IX (and especially tier X) TDs are doing 750 or more.

However, it is easy to forget that for all the awesome power the 150mm+ class guns have, there is a cost to such damage: long reload cycles. So long, it should be noted, that most large guns don't have any real suppressive power: they take a shot and, regardless of results they are open and vulnerable for enough time for a medium or a group of tanks to push up and ruin their position without any recourse. The JT on the other hand excels at punishing a foe when they make the attempt to push forward. With the shorter reload of the 128mm gun the JT is capable of running sustained fire on targets in the open, and doing so allows it to rake in more damage overall than the single-shot cannons.

There are some drawbacks to the JT though: the mobility and lack of effective armor. Oh, and it has no camo, don't ever think to rely on it. It should be said that the 250mm casemate plate, mantlet, and 8 degrees of gun depression does make the JT quite good when hulldown. However, when attempting to relocate to a location, or in the open without cover, the JT is without question vulnerable. If flanked, the large profile makes it easy to hit. The armor outside of the casemate front doesn't amount to more than 210mm effective, which is less than almost any tier 9 or 10 tank can do anyways. The best way to use the JT is to abuse situational awareness: pay attention to what everyone in front of you is focused on, make sure that you're not the focus of their attention, and then use that time gap to move from cover to cover. Outside of some hills and small rocks, the JT isn't a terribly good tank for abusing cover, but it still can hope to do more damage than it takes even if it gets caught in the open 1-on-1 with its damage-per-minute. The most effective JT either is in the second line sniping what forward spotters see, or immediately in front of an opponent facehugged and overmatching his damage output. The tank is most comfortable at long or zero range; its weaknesses are more apparent in the midrange game where its weakspots are large enough to be targeted accurately and where its often easy to be targeted by more than one enemy at once.

Source : wiki.wargaming.net

Equipment Loadout :

Large-caliber Gun rammer

-Makes the reload better

Improved ventilation 

-helps the tank's crew perform smoother

Gun laying drive

-makes the 360 trickshot MLG pro quikscopez easier

How I Like to Play : 

I find this tank to be an amazing support/assault tank. It can move to the front line kill the enemy one at a time. Only stopping to aim and fire. This tank is perfect for going hull down but be aware cause the superstructure will not hold up against gold or premium ammunition. As for you don't worry about running out of ammo unless it's a mega carry, 40 rounds of Death are loaded into the tank. Feel free to carry some premium it couldn't hurt just don't spam like a nub.

One little MLG ProYO tip : 

What I like to do right after I fire is angle the tank, just a bit. It makes my armor more effective and enemies who were aiming at my lower plate might miss and hit my tracks.

*DONT WORRY ABOUT THE STOCK GRIND AS IT'S ONE OF THE EASIEST IN THE GAME

Ok I Hope this has been helpful for new Jagdtiger drivers. Any questions feel free to ask and be sure to tell me what you guys want the next tank guide to be.

Good Luck Tankers

-Dreadnought-

X1thebeast29X #6 Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15770 battles
  • [AVRG]
Sometimes I found myself getting too aggressive and relying on my armor too much, id usually go back to the garage early. Its well armored, but its not an E-100. Just hanging back a bit to either snipe or be behind the heavies in urban areas really helped me do better. Twas a good grind, now I have to train a new crew though.

WN8~2650            There seems to be no signs of intelligent life sir!

Block Quote

"Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]"

"I will defend the opportunity for average and poor and new players to punk the elitist purples who think things like "maybe they're purple because they have a better understanding of the game"

Oldballbuster55 #7 Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:57 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3712 battles

View Postl PanzerFaust l, on 05 April 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Performance

The JT is a one-dimensional tank that uses several facets in pursuit of that. The first and foremost focus of the JT player is one thing: damage. The JT cannot scout and cannot flank other tanks; it's role isn't distraction or spotting or indeed even suppression. It's role is to simply hammer away at the foes' hitpoints, one 128mm shell at a time. Compared to many TDs at these tiers, the JT seems to be a less damaging tank, what with its 490 (later 560) damage-per-shot rating, when many other tier IX (and especially tier X) TDs are doing 750 or more.

However, it is easy to forget that for all the awesome power the 150mm+ class guns have, there is a cost to such damage: long reload cycles. So long, it should be noted, that most large guns don't have any real suppressive power: they take a shot and, regardless of results they are open and vulnerable for enough time for a medium or a group of tanks to push up and ruin their position without any recourse. The JT on the other hand excels at punishing a foe when they make the attempt to push forward. With the shorter reload of the 128mm gun the JT is capable of running sustained fire on targets in the open, and doing so allows it to rake in more damage overall than the single-shot cannons.

There are some drawbacks to the JT though: the mobility and lack of effective armor. Oh, and it has no camo, don't ever think to rely on it. It should be said that the 250mm casemate plate, mantlet, and 8 degrees of gun depression does make the JT quite good when hulldown. However, when attempting to relocate to a location, or in the open without cover, the JT is without question vulnerable. If flanked, the large profile makes it easy to hit. The armor outside of the casemate front doesn't amount to more than 210mm effective, which is less than almost any tier 9 or 10 tank can do anyways. The best way to use the JT is to abuse situational awareness: pay attention to what everyone in front of you is focused on, make sure that you're not the focus of their attention, and then use that time gap to move from cover to cover. Outside of some hills and small rocks, the JT isn't a terribly good tank for abusing cover, but it still can hope to do more damage than it takes even if it gets caught in the open 1-on-1 with its damage-per-minute. The most effective JT either is in the second line sniping what forward spotters see, or immediately in front of an opponent facehugged and overmatching his damage output. The tank is most comfortable at long or zero range; its weaknesses are more apparent in the midrange game where its weakspots are large enough to be targeted accurately and where its often easy to be targeted by more than one enemy at once.

Equipment Loadout :

Large-caliber Gun rammer

-Makes the reload better

Improved ventilation 

Gun laying drive

How I Like to Play : 

I find this tank to be an amazing support/assault tank. It can move to the front line kill the enemy one at a time. Only stopping to aim and fire. This tank is perfect for going hull down but be aware cause the superstructure will not hold up against gold or premium ammunition. As for you don't worry about running out of ammo unless it's a mega carry, 40 rounds of Death are loaded into the tank. Feel free to carry some premium it couldn't hurt just don't spam like a nub.

What I like to do right after I fire is angle the tank, just a bit. It makes my armor more effective and enemies who were aiming at my lower plate might miss and hit my tracks.

Ok I Hope this has been helpful for new Jagdtiger drivers. Any questions feel free to ask and be sure to tell me what you guys want the next tank guide to be.

Good Luck Tankers

t

View Postl PanzerFaust l, on 05 April 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Performance

Equipment Loadout :

Large-caliber Gun rammer

-Makes the reload better

Improved ventilation 

Gun laying drive

How I Like to Play : 

Good Luck Tankers

Thanks for the tips sir. I will use them to hopefully improve my game.

MrWuvems #8 Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:44 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10629 battles

I 100% recommend Rammer/Vents/Binocs because vision and you've got decent gun handling to begin with.

Should be mentioned that you have a ton of gun depression and incentive to hide your lower plate. Hull down like a monster, dig in and watch the flank you're holding down turn into a hellstorm of death in front of you.

RagingxMarmoset #9 Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10241 battles
  • [BNKR]
The JagdTiger instantly became my favorite tank. In a tier IX lobby it is an absolute monster, and even tier X vehicles give it plenty of respect. 

"Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." - Bob Ross

FinlandRed #10 Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21538 battles

My tips are to put Cross Country Driving and Clutch Braking on the crew. It makes the beast much more nimble, especially in a tight spot when you're getting flanked.

Safe Stowage is also a must as it has the side profile of a large house and you will get ammo racked easy.

Karatekid2010 #11 Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5615 battles
  • [2NDPD]
I personally prefer GLD/Rammer/Coated Optics. I find myself to be a much more aggressive players with the Jtiger than some. Binocs never kick in for me most of the time. I will push up and when I see a bunch of trouble, find the closest dead tank/slightest hill and hull this thing down. I took out an E3 last night in this thing while hulled down. He was shooting the other tanks next to me that weren't and he paid for it. Loaded a premium and went through his lower at about 150m away. Someone else hit him as well and after bouncing my next shot I said screw it and took the last 140hp out with an HE round to the left of his gun in a semi-flat area. This tank is a lot more versatile than people give it credit for. It can perform at any range for me, from face hugging to sitting behind a knoll hulled down sniping 450m away. Absolute beast of a tank. I agree though, after I shoot, I angle slightly sometimes, but that can also get you penned through the gun mantle's side doing that. 

Current Garage:

F2P: T7 car, IS7, T29, Jpanther, Jpanther II, Jtiger, Jpanzer E-100, Pz.Sfl.IVc, M4A3E2 Jumbo, T18, T28 Prototype, Firefly, Tiger II, E75, E100, T-50, Obj. 416, T-54, T-62A, SU-85

Premium: T-34-88 (my best tank), T26E4 Super Pershing, Fury, Pz.Kpfw. V/IV, Pz.Kpfw. IVs, T14, FCM 36 Pak 40, Mutant 6, PZ II D, Jtiger 88, 

ADAMESCU #12 Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4626 battles
Loving mine best tier nine td 

YENSEN03 #13 Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:06 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6227 battles
  • [-HK-]

I like to use it as an assault/sniper. Moving alongside the heavies picking spots for cover just long enough to aim and fire off 2-3 rounds then relocate to a new cover. I've found this to be my most affective support strategy. I've tried to stay with the heavies right on the front line, but only to find myself in the garage early. Trying to stay out of sight and using the terrain to your advantage allows this TD to be a real threat sniping the enemy from the flank.

Running: Rammer, Binocs, and Vent.

Orbtastic1 #14 Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41634 battles
  • [UK]

Didn't like it quite as much as the JPII but liked it a whole lot more than the Jageroo. I was glad to get rid of it, although in my last game I somehow managed to get ten kills.

That top gun with a rammer, man alive. So much pen and hurt.

FinlandRed #15 Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21538 battles

Just so you can see what's possible with this monster. Last tank standing and I finished by taking down a T-95 from the front. Safe Stowage saved me on this one.

iNdu5tRut1Bl3 #16 Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:41 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9428 battles
Great review, this tank has to be my second favorite right behind the jagdpanther. 

Turboclicker #17 Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22110 battles
Its average damage IS 560. ;)

ADAMESCU #18 Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4626 battles
I love my jagdtiger took me a while to master it but once i did It was amazing

Mattbrit Force #19 Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24262 battles
  • [-TA-]
Nice guide, very helpful to me...I got this beast about a few days ago and have been really enjoying the cannon on it. It can really scare the OPFOR if used correctly.

Never give up, never surrender!

OrderedFaun05 #20 Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22844 battles
Saw the real thing last week at Bovington, it's a fantastic sight to see !

Also tagged with German, Tank Destroyers, guide

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users