special unlockable (trophy) camos

skins camo idea campaign varient achievement fun suggestion trophy new

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Guitar 5hredder #1 Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9322 battles

it could be a cool idea to implement special permanent camos that are rewarded to players that complete certain milestones with their vehicles. kind of like how cod black ops 2 weapon skins are unlocked individually per weapon. except it should work as a system like a individual vehicle campaign for cool unlocks when you defeat 1000 vehicles with the specified tank, or get a epic medal in it. and every specific milestone could unlock its own specific camo scheme for a certain environment. it would give old players that have nothing to do something to grind for with their favorate tanks and they could wear the camos like trophies of dedication and/or skill. what made me come up with this idea was when i saw the news about the winners in the pc championship having special red camos, and i thought it would be really cool if players had a way to achieve special rewards for feats they do.(i know those red tanks are only on special accounts specifically for the event, but still cool.) the special "incredible feat" camos i suggest should still stay true to the nature of camo somewhat, like special stripe pattern variations for tiger(german)paint or a grid of hexagons or carbon urban camos. or maybe even just more hd camos with slight color variations and pattern inconsistencies would work fine if these camos need to stay true to historical specs. but im thinking that if strange and vibrant colors were introduced too, like pink camo. then it should require some ridiculous missions like 3 radly-walters medals plus like 1000 kills in that tank.(not that thats too hard in certain tanks)or some crazy thing like that. or 20 top guns in it. just so the servers dont get overrun by pink tanks, but if someone really wants it enough, then they can earn it eventually.

Edited by Guitar 5hredder, 21 April 2015 - 03:08 AM.

WidowMaker1711 #2 Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11723 battles
  • [BNKR]
Before anyone else says it NO. This isnt COD.

For Russ and the Allfather

XxDAFFYxxDUCKxX #3 Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19433 battles

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 21 April 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

Before anyone else says it NO. This isnt COD.

This. Not everything needs to have hookers on it. A lot of things SHOULD have hookers on it, but this time, I don't think so.

R.I.P. Lucky the cat, (2-24-14) you magnificent bastard.

Click here to learn about the math of WoT!

Templar Wyvern #4 Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25948 battles
Though the idea could work, BO2's unlockable camos were flashy. They were meant to show off. We don't get camos like that in WoT. You'd be completing challenges for some pretty mundane camo schemes. Why go through all that when WG could just add them normally?

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #5 Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:37 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 23720 battles
Just great, let's promote lone wolf/I want to be the best of the best type/screw the rest of you in this game.

FusionStar287 #6 Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:41 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]
Diamond Camo Maus. :trollface:

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Hell Double No #7 Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:02 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22344 battles
  • [FOCHU]
Hot pink E-100 with a rainbow pony on the side.... So I can kick my own [edited].

Swiggity Swooty, I'm comin' for that Booty.

GRIZZLYCHAINSAW #8 Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:13 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11027 battles

Two things.

#1. Never mention Call of Duty or associate any potential ideas with it. You'll get a lot less hate.

#2. The PC has barrel stripes to show one's achievements in a tank and if WG decides to allow skins for the game they should be historical and if they are custom (like a pink tank)  it should only be seen by the driver for obvious reasons.   

Also where's my Afrika Corps skin WG? I want white palm trees on my tan Pz IV.

Cailca #9 Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:40 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17947 battles
  • [D3MON]

View PostGRIZZLYCHAINSAW, on 21 April 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

Two things.

#1. Never mention Call of Duty or associate any potential ideas with it. You'll get a lot less hate.

#2. The PC has barrel stripes to show one's achievements in a tank and if WG decides to allow skins for the game they should be historical and if they are custom (like a pink tank)  it should only be seen by the driver for obvious reasons.   

Also where's my Afrika Corps skin WG? I want white palm trees on my tan Pz IV.

Couldn't agree more about that has-been shooter, should never be mentioned within these hallowed halls.

I wish WG would hurry up and give us the barrel badges/stripes that the PC has, they do look cool, and much more understated. What you mention about the custom camo, is as you're probably aware the way it works in War Thunder. Which I think works fine, personally I have a pimped out Stug III in WT that wears a rather fetching green and blue tartan camo that only I can see as it is an uploaded graphic.

Spoiler

Imhidingshh #10 Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:15 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17211 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 21 April 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

Just great, let's promote lone wolf/I want to be the best of the best type/screw the rest of you in this game.

Don't we already have this with people shoving their WN8 or calling themselves "Doom Platoon" in everyone's faces?

#BUNKER!! 

The only team in WoT is the yellow team

#BRING BACK LADY O

Science0 #11 Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23023 battles
  • [KMD]
You need some type of paragraphs in there, also horrible idea, we don't need that happening and then CoD players hear it then we all get upset because they went to our game and started complaining about regenerative health, and ect.

squidkilla1179 #12 Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11541 battles
COD referance aside, some cool and unique aesthetic unlocks would be a welcome addition.  Barrel skins and badges would be great.  

squidkilla1179 #13 Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11541 battles

View PostScience0, on 21 April 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

You need some type of paragraphs in there, also horrible idea, we don't need that happening and then CoD players hear it then we all get upset because they went to our game and started complaining about regenerative health, and ect.

Says the guy with a 6 line sentance.

RAGNAR0K N ROLL #14 Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19239 battles
  • [JOCO]

I dont think its a bad idea provided they stayed consistent with the other in game camo. Gold tanks would be stupid in my opinion.

Of course with the upcoming marks of excellence that are in the pipeline its kind of the same thing.

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

Guitar 5hredder #15 Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9322 battles

well, sorry for the cod referance. i just needed something to referance to so people could picture the way i was thinking about it. and i thought enough people played that game to know the referance. but i should have used a differant game for the progression referance. since everyone hates playing cod, and i brought out the hatred for that game upon my idea. so many games also use that type of unlock scheme, but cod is the first one that came to my mind. i was also sleepy, so i kind of was lazy with my paragraph structure and stuff.

i do think that the achievement camos should stay true to the historic camos used for their nations. as this is intended to be somewhat of a historic game. but they could alter the color of the paint since they all differed in their exact color constancy back then anyway. they could use a slightly differant pattern from the existing camos. like symmetrical tiger stripes, or wavy american zigzag camo or whatever. and they could use the excuse of how every tank was painted by hand, so its different because its art. and for the flashy camos, they would have to find some historical excuse to introduce it. or it may upset some of the player base. 

USSWISCONSIN94 #16 Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12008 battles
  • [47R]
Just want a Blue Tiger for all my tanks.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

XxDAFFYxxDUCKxX #17 Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19433 battles

View PostGuitar 5hredder, on 21 April 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

well, sorry for the cod referance. i just needed something to referance to so people could picture the way i was thinking about it. and i thought enough people played that game to know the referance. but i should have used a differant game for the progression referance. since everyone hates playing cod, and i brought out the hatred for that game upon my idea. so many games also use that type of unlock scheme, but cod is the first one that came to my mind. i was also sleepy, so i kind of was lazy with my paragraph structure and stuff.

i do think that the achievement camos should stay true to the historic camos used for their nations. as this is intended to be somewhat of a historic game. but they could alter the color of the paint since they all differed in their exact color constancy back then anyway. they could use a slightly differant pattern from the existing camos. like symmetrical tiger stripes, or wavy american zigzag camo or whatever. and they could use the excuse of how every tank was painted by hand, so its different because its art. and for the flashy camos, they would have to find some historical excuse to introduce it. or it may upset some of the player base. 

I wouldn't mind if historical camo's could be unlocked, but, I'd HIGHLY avoid anything flashier than the British marine desert corp's camo. (Of which is a hilarious blue, yellow, and brown scheme.) For example, that german desert tan color could be earned by doing x amount of x in german tanks or something like that, etc. Just, nothing flashy. I get shot up bad enough in my freedom, last thing we need is for people to be in neon orange tanks running around.

R.I.P. Lucky the cat, (2-24-14) you magnificent bastard.

Click here to learn about the math of WoT!

Kryptic xSnip3z #18 Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 15019 battles
  • [RDDT]

I'd want them to have an animation for camo nets, and/or sticks and leaves.

Posted Image

EDIT - It looks like tiny pic doesn't want to show the picture right now.

Edited by Kryptic xSnip3z, 21 April 2015 - 05:29 PM.

Friends call me Kryptic, Snipes, Shneepz, Sneepz, Shnee-Pez, and Snee-pez.

"They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now !" - "Chesty" Puller

Linerax #19 Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 4743 battles
Free camo is nice, but should only given by Wargaming for special occasions.

Credit to PublicSafety

Gold Prices

The Chief's Survival Guide

BORG IS LIFE #20 Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4473 battles

Diamond camo Pz1c..........TAKE MY GOLD!!!!

OR

Bacon camo TOG...........TAKE MY MONEY

Edited by PESTILENCEx1911, 21 April 2015 - 05:53 PM.

Premium Tanks: T7 Combat Car, T2 Light Tank, Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f), Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf.D, Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf.J, T-127, T23E3, T26E4 Super Pershing, Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f), GroBetraktor - Krupp, Pz.Kpfw. V/IV, Pz.Kpfw.T25, Panther mit 8,8cm L/71, Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai, Type 59, T14, T34, Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f), Tog II, Churchill III, M56 Scorpion, Stug IV, Dicker Max, 8,8 cm Pak 43 Jagdtiger, SU-85I             

Trees Killed: 5,077

Also tagged with skins, camo, idea, campaign, varient, achievement, fun, suggestion, trophy, new

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users