The Art of Tank Warfare

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #1 Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor2

Tankers!

We are fans of awesome artwork. We’ve also seen some awesome art around the community. So we’ve decided to have a bit of a contest. The winner will receive a pretty awesome prize. How about your very own KV-5? To win, all you have to do is paint or draw your favorite in game tank.

This is going to be a little bit different. There are two different categories for this one. You can participate in either digital or hand drawn. Yes! That means you can use Photoshop or whatever program you choose. They MUST be your own creation. No altered web finds. Your gamertag must be clearly visible somewhere on the piece of art. Please provide 2 pictures. One part way through with your gamer tag so we can see it is yours.

As for hand drawn or painted, you must include your gamertag handwritten somewhere on or around the piece of art. You are allowed to use any materials you wish. Paints, pencils, crayons, or whatever else you choose. Get creative and make sure to make it your own style. Have fun with it.

***UPDATE TO CLEAR UP ANY CONFUSION***

If your artwork is 100% hand drawn, painted, or otherwise built it falls under physical. If you have done ANYTHING that is done on PC other than scanning it in to post, it is considered digital. I've gotten a few PMs about this over the weekend so I haven't been able to follow up. I don't want anyone to feel like winners are falling into a grey area. I want this to be 100% fair. If anyone has any questions about it, please PM me with them. I'll do my best to answer.

Here is an example of digital:

Rules:

• All players are welcome to join the contest but each player can submit only one entry. You can choose between digital or hand drawn.
  • The creation must be designed exclusively for this contest.
  • Entries will be judged on creativity, quality, complexity, etc.
  • Image requirements: format —JPEG, PNG, or GIF; resolution — between 800x600 and 1024x768 pixels; size — up to 700 KB.
  • The image must comply with the moral, ethical, and legal standards, as well as with the Forum rules.
  • Wargaming gains exclusive rights to the contest image when you post it on the forum, as outlined in the “10. User Generated Content” section of the Terms of Service

Prizes for each category:

Grand Prize: KV-5 and Garage Spot + 5000 + 1 Weeks Premium

1st Place: 4000 + 1 Week Premium

2nd Place: 3000 + 1 Week Premium

3rd Place: 2000 + 1 Week Premium

The submission deadline is Friday, May 8 at 06:00 PST (May 8 13:00 UTC).

Edited by Niko Power WGA, 28 April 2015 - 05:52 PM.

Templar Wyvern #2 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25948 battles
I think I can do this. But mine will NEVER look that good. Does it have to look that good?

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.

rhymeswithN00bs #3 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16150 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostTemplar Wyvern, on 24 April 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

I think I can do this. But mine will NEVER look that good. Does it have to look that good?

Yours can easily look that good by applying a sketch filter in any photo editing program. It's insanely easy (literally one or two mouse clicks), so easy one would wonder why it would be even be allowed...

XOXO, Noobius Y

Templar Wyvern #4 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25948 battles

View PostrhymeswithN00bs, on 24 April 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Yours can easily look that good by applying a sketch filter in any photo editing program. It's insanely easy (literally one or two mouse clicks), so easy one would wonder why it would be even be allowed...

I wanted to try and hand draw something, like an E5 or a Hellcat, but with pictures THAT good looking, I don't stand a chance.:unsure:

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #5 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

View PostTemplar Wyvern, on 24 April 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

It doesn't have to look like that at all. You can do it any way you would like to. Any style, any tank, any material. If you wanted to make a KV-5, Picasso style, with paint you can do it that way. If you choose to go digital, you can use any style you want. You don't have to do it the way I did earlier. That was just a quick example. It wouldn't win though. ;)

View PostrhymeswithN00bs, on 24 April 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

Participants can do it any way they want. The most creative will win though. A simple filter might not get you the win or big prize. As I said, it's an example. I've seen some awesome Photoshop stuff come through here. So I know people won't just use a single filter. Much more creative bunch here.

Edited by Niko Power WGA, 24 April 2015 - 06:20 PM.

rhymeswithN00bs #6 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16150 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostTemplar Wyvern, on 24 April 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

I wanted to try and hand draw something, like an E5 or a Hellcat, but with pictures THAT good looking, I don't stand a chance.:unsure:

Yeah but surely the judges understand that the effort and skill involved in hand drawing something far outweighs the literally one second of effort it would take to apply the sketch filter in photoshop.

^See, ninja'ed

XOXO, Noobius Y

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #7 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostrhymeswithN00bs, on 24 April 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

Yeah but surely the judges understand that the effort and skill involved in hand drawing something far outweighs the literally one second of effort it would take to apply the sketch filter in photoshop.

^See, ninja'ed

Yes sir we do.

SpartacusDiablo #8 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19632 battles
  • [BNKR]
It's on like Donkey Kong.

leova #9 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11322 battles
  • [47R]

Block Quote

That means you can use Photoshop or whatever program you choose. They MUST be your own creation. No altered web finds.

emphasis is mine

That should stop 90% of the junk photoshop s ubmissions we get anyway

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #10 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

View Postleova, on 24 April 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

emphasis is mine

That should stop 90% of the junk photoshop s ubmissions we get anyway

Exactly!!!!!

Edited by Niko Power WGA, 24 April 2015 - 06:28 PM.

BR M95 OE #11 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15134 battles
Ima try this.

- Make It Relevant - Let Each Rank Give More XP - Pls WGA!

Red Dough Boy #12 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:45 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26749 battles
  • [APG]

So when you say favorite tank, does it have to be in World of Tanks? Or could it be modern?

Spoiler

If I only had a Baneblade....

Linerax #13 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 4743 battles
Oh joy.

Credit to PublicSafety

Gold Prices

The Chief's Survival Guide

Linerax #14 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 4743 battles
For digital, is the gamer tag needed?

Credit to PublicSafety

Gold Prices

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #15 Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:04 PM

View PostLinerax, on 24 April 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

For digital, is the gamer tag needed?

Yes. Please still add your gamertag. If possible. Two pics. One in the middle of creation and one in the end.

Khor Yserion #16 Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13722 battles
  • [P4NDA]

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 24 April 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

Yes. Please still add your gamertag. If possible. Two pics. One in the middle of creation and one in the end.

Just for clarifications sake: Does it have to be a tank featured in WoT or are modern (or even fictional *cough*WH40K*cough*) tanks also allowed as contest entries?

Since the dawn of man, unintelligent people have been unable to recognize their own inadequacies, therefore anything that doesn't happen exactly how they imagined it would must be the fault of someone else.

We have come for you, puny humans. Soon the tortured cries of your worthless brethren will fill the air all around you and as the last hour of your pitiful existence draws near you will face the final truth: You will not see a new dawn. There is no peace among the stars, no chosen ones that get spared but only an eternity of pain and slaughter and the mocking laughter of cruel gods.

Linerax #17 Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 4743 battles
Thanks Niko. Side note: The smaller R2D2 turret in Niko's example looks like the helmet from the black knight in Monte Python. :D

Credit to PublicSafety

Gold Prices

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #18 Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

View PostRed Dough Boy, on 24 April 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

So when you say favorite tank, does it have to be in World of Tanks? Or could it be modern?

Spoiler

View PostAsgardianShadow, on 24 April 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

Just for clarifications sake: Does it have to be a tank featured in WoT or are modern (or even fictional *cough*WH40K*cough*) tanks also allowed as contest entries?

We would like for them to be kept in relation to the WoT game. I will edit the post to reflect that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Khor Yserion #19 Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13722 battles
  • [P4NDA]

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 24 April 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

We would like for them to be kept in relation to the WoT game. I will edit the post to reflect that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Aww, there goes my idea of drawing a Fellblade :(

Why you destroy my dreams?

Oh well, let's see whether I can draw a tank and make it look awesome (Spoiler: the answer is no) or whether I will fail in an awefull fashion :D

Since the dawn of man, unintelligent people have been unable to recognize their own inadequacies, therefore anything that doesn't happen exactly how they imagined it would must be the fault of someone else.

We have come for you, puny humans. Soon the tortured cries of your worthless brethren will fill the air all around you and as the last hour of your pitiful existence draws near you will face the final truth: You will not see a new dawn. There is no peace among the stars, no chosen ones that get spared but only an eternity of pain and slaughter and the mocking laughter of cruel gods.

SNIPER1 ODST #20 Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:23 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6081 battles
I have no comp any other way I can submit pic other then my phone that won't let me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users