The Art of Tank Warfare

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

Templar Wyvern #301 Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25948 battles

View PostWizenedFlipper2, on 08 May 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

When is the next competition? Could we have one like this but just photo manipulation?

Come on bro. Some of us non tech savvy people gotta have a shot too.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.

NinetyMIKE #302 Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17753 battles
I don't mean to sound impatient,but when will the reward gold be given out? Great contest btw Niko Power WGA 

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #303 Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:18 PM

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor2

View PostNinetyMIKE, on 08 May 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

I don't mean to sound impatient,but when will the reward gold be given out? Great contest btw Niko Power WGA 

I'm in the process right now. Give me about 30 minutes.

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #304 Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:23 PM

View PostTemplar Wyvern, on 08 May 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

Come on bro. Some of us non tech savvy people gotta have a shot too.

I don't want to single anyone out. So this next one will be for both. Only one group of prizing this time.

JakeLandon #305 Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17429 battles
  • [LION]

Well, thanks a lot! now I feel less guilty about having bought my Ripper :D

On another note IF there was a way to know for certain the age of each forumers  I think would be cool to make children only contests, assuming children come here to the forum that is and then contests for us "grown ups", but then again I have no idea how this could be done or how to know for certain of someone is let's say between 8 and 12 years old.. I just sometimes feel like some kids may not even have a chance and yeah parts of me I suppose feels guilty... then again some kids really know how to draw/build stuff/make videos etc.. so there's that too...and also I have no idea if there are kids here in the forum and if there are maybe they shouldn't be! hahaha. As I said I had fun painting mine and wish I could've make it better if I had more time but I've been busy as hell... but this was a though contest!! fun nonetheless. :B. Great art everyone, congrats to the winners and see you in the battlefield!

"I don't demand that people think or behave the way I do. I have just as many questions about my own ideas as other people might have about my ideas. I'm not convinced I'm absolutely right all the time, but I'll take the chance and state my opinion at the time that I have it. I may regret it later, I may even change my mind later, but I take a stand."-  Frank Zappa

NinetyMIKE #306 Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17753 battles

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 08 May 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

I'm in the process right now. Give me about 30 minutes.

No problem and thanks looking forward to more great contests :great:

Blazing Falken #307 Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17695 battles

Really great entries, nice stuff everyone.

Congrats

KING FROG #308 Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:50 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 16539 battles
Woot!! Thanks!!!

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #309 Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:53 PM

View PostJakeLandon, on 08 May 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

Well, thanks a lot! now I feel less guilty about having bought my Ripper :D

On another note IF there was a way to know for certain the age of each forumers  I think would be cool to make children only contests, assuming children come here to the forum that is and then contests for us "grown ups", but then again I have no idea how this could be done or how to know for certain of someone is let's say between 8 and 12 years old.. I just sometimes feel like some kids may not even have a chance and yeah parts of me I suppose feels guilty... then again some kids really know how to draw/build stuff/make videos etc.. so there's that too...and also I have no idea if there are kids here in the forum and if there are maybe they shouldn't be! hahaha. As I said I had fun painting mine and wish I could've make it better if I had more time but I've been busy as hell... but this was a though contest!! fun nonetheless. :B. Great art everyone, congrats to the winners and see you in the battlefield!

We don't have enough kids in the forums. However, I might poll to see how many people have kids. If there are enough, I can still possibly host a kids contest.

On a side note, all winners have been credited their awards. :)

JakeLandon #310 Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17429 battles
  • [LION]

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 08 May 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

We don't have enough kids in the forums. However, I might poll to see how many people have kids. If there are enough, I can still possibly host a kids contest.

Thanks. I do think even if the children would win they may not even play WoT and the gold would go to the parents :sceptic:

Also some of us can say that we have kids, draw/build a "kid style" drawing/sculpture and say it's our kid's.

I don't think there's an easy way to know, except making a video of the kids drawing themselves and assuming they actually have an Xbox account and hang here in the forums, but maybe no need to be kids, they can be teens and I suppose some of you (maybe not you, Niko ;)) are teens. I, for one would be okay with age-ranged contests, but I think the means to know for certain can be tricky... so idk... if there is a way I have no probs with it.

But anyway, thanks for the gold, cool contest and hope to see more in the future!

"I don't demand that people think or behave the way I do. I have just as many questions about my own ideas as other people might have about my ideas. I'm not convinced I'm absolutely right all the time, but I'll take the chance and state my opinion at the time that I have it. I may regret it later, I may even change my mind later, but I take a stand."-  Frank Zappa

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #311 Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:11 PM

View PostJakeLandon, on 08 May 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Thanks. I do think even if the children would win they may not even play WoT and the gold would go to the parents :sceptic:

Also some of us can say that we have kids, draw/build a "kid style" drawing/sculpture and say it's our kid's.

I don't think there's an easy way to know, except making a video of the kids drawing themselves and assuming they actually have an Xbox account and hang here in the forums, but maybe no need to be kids, they can be teens and I suppose some of you (maybe not you, Niko ;)) are teens. I, for one would be okay with age-ranged contests, but I think the means to know for certain can be tricky... so idk... if there is a way I have no probs with it.

But anyway, thanks for the gold, cool contest and hope to see more in the future!

There are 2 new contests just posted. :)

Also, I will figure out a way to work the contest when I get there. I'm sure I can come up with something good for kids. As well as ways to check out kids making these things instead of adults. ;)

M0NTIC0LA #312 Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:05 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18905 battles
  • [BSNJ]

Thanks a lot for the prize. Congrats to all winners. 

Ansering the question I'm 35Gold with wto kids : )

Edited by GoorciuPL, 09 May 2015 - 12:06 AM.

Count bodies like sheeps to the rythm of the war drums 

Atrox Lux #313 Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:24 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10726 battles

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 08 May 2015 - 07:07 PM, said:

Alright everyone. So this one was tough. Had 6 completely different opinions that all ended up balancing out. Once again, I'm also throwing in a surprise. Enjoy and congrats to those who won. Your gold will be awarded this afternoon. If you already have the KV-5 and you won, PM me please.

Digital

Grand Prize: KV-5, Garage Spot, 5000 Gold, and 1 Week Premium – Atrox Lux

1st Place: 4000 + 1 Week Premium – KBA3AP47

2nd Place: 3000 + Week Premium – ClinchedTree990

3rd Place: 2000 + 1 Week Premium -  FATAL ASSERTION

Honorable Mentions:  750 Gold + Week Premium  – SquidRoe and Brayan Johnes

Physical

Grand Prize: KV-5, Garage Spot, 5000 Gold, and 1 Week Premium – KING FROG

1st Place: 4000 + 1 Week Premium – DarkFBV

2nd Place: 3000 + Week Premium – GoorciuPL

3rd Place: 2000 + 1 Week Premium -  JakeLandon

Honorable Mentions: 750 + 1 Week Premium – LemonGem3021668, Chuchuwasi, NinetyMIKE, SpartacusDiablo

I was in the middle of playing WOT and saw premium time pop up, nice surprise! Didn't know I had won the grand prize till I checked. Don't know if I have got the KV5 yet, I'll check tomorrow. Thank you ever so much WG!!! :)

Congrats to all the other prizewinners and all those who entered :B  

Very good entries all round and very stiff competition. Good to see such a wide variety of art :great:

KING FROG #314 Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:55 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 16539 battles

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 08 May 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

Does the tank take longer to show up?? I got everything but ze tank! 

FATAL ASSERTION #315 Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21489 battles
I am really impressed by the entries.  Good jobs everyone, and thanks for the contests, War G

DeAdMeTaLsPiNe #316 Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:48 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18278 battles

well nice work everybody. seems like im going to have to step my game up next competition though, lets see what WG have in store for us :)

My tanks with 3 marks of excellence are; RU251, SP.PZ.1C, tiger, tiger 2, aufkl panther, PZ.IV.H, AMX 50 100, ELC AMX, VK.30.01 P, PZ.IV.S, AMX CDC, Krafts Panther, T-34, KV-85, SU-152

Atrox Lux #317 Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10726 battles

View PostKING FROG, on 09 May 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

Does the tank take longer to show up?? I got everything but ze tank! 

I don't have my tank either :(

Maybe it has gone off on a spec ops mission of its own or, more worryingly, the crew has defected!!! :facepalm:

Hopefully it'll show up soon ™ :)

PS... Just got a message from Niko saying it can take a while for it to show. You should have got a message too King Frog!

Edited by Atrox Lux, 09 May 2015 - 09:04 AM.

KING FROG #318 Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:46 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 16539 battles

View PostAtrox Lux, on 09 May 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

I don't have my tank either :(

Maybe it has gone off on a spec ops mission of its own or, more worryingly, the crew has defected!!! :facepalm:

Hopefully it'll show up soon ™ :)

PS... Just got a message from Niko saying it can take a while for it to show. You should have got a message too King Frog!

10-4 . Thanks for the info!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users