Jump to content


Gatz guide to the north spawn on Lakeville

4321

  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Echo 41011 #21 Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:20 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 33969 battles
  • 717
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

I like the pics other than the last two Map control one's. Who cares about the area controlled, if you control their cap you effectively control the game. And in those rare cases where you have to cap, I'd rather defend against forces coming from the valley because the terrain lets you hide better and usually forces your enemy to expose themselves to get you off the cap. (compare to Karelia Encounter, going anywhere but straight to the meat grinder by the cap tends to be a waste of time) So, I agree with your conclusions, but not the reasoning.

 

Also, do you plan on doing this for more maps? I'd love to see more of these



Ronin Gaidin #22 Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:31 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 36436 battles
  • 4,399
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013
Makes me feel good about how I have been playing the map. Nothing in there that I would disagree with. Sadly, also nothing in there I ever see a random do. :(  should be mandatory reading for all potatoes.

TheL3tt3rT #23 Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:57 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14048 battles
  • 683
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014
So if you don't have proper support where do you recommend for the heavies? Hang back north of town to see what pops up and defend from there or goat path?
-Ubique-

Evil Lumberjack #24 Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:57 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33509 battles
  • 1,817
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

Pic 1 line 1 is needlessly risky for very little gain, the 10-15 seconds you save getting into town isn't worth the 800-1200 hp i'm going to farm on you from here. Instead stay on the A line road until at least the north-south road in A7 then head south into town.

 

Also:

View PostGr4b YoGatz FOO, on 24 April 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

3. Spot A is very risky, if DEPLOYING DUMPS is on the opfor then he will yolo you, ask me how I know. lol so don't go there if hes on the opfor. is AFK in spawn. This spot is very risky but also very rewarding so be careful. You have a pretty big rock to hide behind and it provides good cover... unless you get yoloed lol

 

FTFY.:)


Card carrying member of the "super duper uniskreb welfare bum" club. We have jackets, but I can't afford one...


CodenameGunther #25 Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:12 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22419 battles
  • 3,336
  • [-P-]
  • Member since:
    03-26-2014

View PostEvil Lumberjack, on 24 April 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

Pic 1 line 1 is needlessly risky for very little gain, the 10-15 seconds you save getting into town isn't worth the 800-1200 hp i'm going to farm on you from here. Instead stay on the A line road until at least the north-south road in A7 then head south into town.

 

Also:

 

FTFY.:)

 

Edit is accurate 4\5 times

Guide to not sucking at killing bots: https://www.youtube....?v=IHC13hhrBvM 

Professional Thread Killer


FAN47IC #26 Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:14 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27377 battles
  • 2,421
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014

View PostGr4b YoGatz FOO, on 24 April 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

 

Ask them why they aren't shooting the 5 opfor next to them. lol

 

But seriously though, I'd go to canada.

 

So it isn't a reason to go visit the boat? :(

Unofficially Revoked Temporary Retirement

I’m too old for this ****.

 

Tier 10 List: Sheridan, M48 Patton, T110E5, T57 Heavy, T110E3, T110E4, T92 HMC | Centurion AX, Fv215B, Chieftain, S. Conqueror, Fv215B 183, Badger, ConquerorGC | Rhm Pzw, E50M, Leopard 1, E100, Maus, PzKpfw VII, JgPzE100, WtaufE100, Grille 15, GWE100 | AMX 13 105, Bat 25t, AMX 30B, AMX 50B, Foch 155, Bc 155 58 | T62A, Obj 140, Obj 430, K-91, Obj 430U, IS-7, IS-4, Obj 277, Obj 263, Obj 268, Obj 268 V4, Obj 261 | 113, Wz-111-5A | TVP T-50/51


Gr4b YoGatz FOO #27 Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:37 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 19707 battles
  • 5,567
  • [FARTY]
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013

View PostEcho 41011, on 24 April 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

I like the pics other than the last two Map control one's. Who cares about the area controlled, if you control their cap you effectively control the game. And in those rare cases where you have to cap, I'd rather defend against forces coming from the valley because the terrain lets you hide better and usually forces your enemy to expose themselves to get you off the cap. (compare to Karelia Encounter, going anywhere but straight to the meat grinder by the cap tends to be a waste of time) So, I agree with your conclusions, but not the reasoning.

 

Also, do you plan on doing this for more maps? I'd love to see more of these

I'll do some more but I highly doubt I'd do all maps.

View PostEvil Lumberjack, on 24 April 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

Pic 1 line 1 is needlessly risky for very little gain, the 10-15 seconds you save getting into town isn't worth the 800-1200 hp i'm going to farm on you from here. Instead stay on the A line road until at least the north-south road in A7 then head south into town.

 

Also:

 

FTFY.:)

The 1 line works out for me 99.999% of the time but I only drive mediums that can hit 50 kph. I also don't waste any time since I can retreat so easily in the mediums I run. 

 

 

 


Want to get better at the game? Click here

Want to not suck at Lakeville? Click here

 


 


Gr4b YoGatz FOO #28 Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:39 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 19707 battles
  • 5,567
  • [FARTY]
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013

View PostTheL3tt3rT, on 24 April 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

So if you don't have proper support where do you recommend for the heavies? Hang back north of town to see what pops up and defend from there or goat path?

 

If you try to fight in the north end of town then you'll be relying on randoms to back you up.... NEVER RELY ON RANDOMS!!!! EVER!!!

 

You want to head back to the cap area and set up to shoot the crap out of the opfor while they cross that large open area between you and the town.


Want to get better at the game? Click here

Want to not suck at Lakeville? Click here

 


 


Echo 41011 #29 Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:43 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 33969 battles
  • 717
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

View PostGr4b YoGatz FOO, on 24 April 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

I'll do some more but I highly doubt I'd do all maps.

 

Only the important ones where everyone 'does it wrong'

Evil Lumberjack #30 Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33509 battles
  • 1,817
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostGr4b YoGatz FOO, on 24 April 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

The 1 line works out for me 99.999% of the time but I only drive mediums that can hit 50 kph. 

 

But it works because most players are [edited]. In that case it doesn't matter which path you take, it's just pubstomping. Against good players you're losing health for an insignificant gain. is you making into the town 10 seconds sooner going to stop the other team from getting into town?

 

View PostGr4b YoGatz FOO, on 24 April 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

I also don't waste any time since I can retreat so easily in the mediums I run.  

 

Except you can't easily retreat! You follow your 1 line, I spot and will have shot you once halfway through B6. Where do you retreat to? You're in the middle of an open field and can't get out of my draw box until you're in the north half of the A line by which time i will have shot once maybe twice more.


Card carrying member of the "super duper uniskreb welfare bum" club. We have jackets, but I can't afford one...


Buick350X #31 Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:42 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 6674 battles
  • 3,389
  • [HELLC]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
A little dis-information never hurt anyone, the OP still has his secrets....


" Why didn't I take the
blue pill ^ "
...
Join HELLCATS WoT Clan...

http://console.world...en/clans/HELLC/
 


TheStallionM4ng #32 Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18143 battles
  • 1,280
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014
I was on this map and a clown shoes is going rank saying we all need to go to the valley. I say if two bush wookies can cover the crest we will be apples. Clown shoes says I'm getting muted his chums agree.
Clown shoes died to my surprise and myself and a few other players that went to town forged a heroic victory. Hooray for us!

RPGStylee #33 Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14782 battles
  • 13,632
  • Member since:
    05-12-2014
Only problem with this is that if the randoms learn how to play the map no one will go to the valley. Something has to be there to stop the opfor from yoloing over the centre valley hill with 6+ tanks, heading to fthe cap then using downed team mates as cover.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Please do it I have slow self-esteem you don't want to hurt my feels do you?

 

Head Kanonenjagdpanzer sales expert


New Faded #34 Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:16 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10578 battles
  • 1,675
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
You should make ones for Malinovka and Karelia, they're laid out similar with lakes or swamps in the middle, and the stalemate sections that can get bogged down if no one decides to push enough.

Gr4b YoGatz FOO #35 Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 19707 battles
  • 5,567
  • [FARTY]
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013

View PostEvil Lumberjack, on 24 April 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

 

But it works because most players are [edited]. In that case it doesn't matter which path you take, it's just pubstomping. Against good players you're losing health for an insignificant gain. is you making into the town 10 seconds sooner going to stop the other team from getting into town?

 

 

Except you can't easily retreat! You follow your 1 line, I spot and will have shot you once halfway through B6. Where do you retreat to? You're in the middle of an open field and can't get out of my draw box until you're in the north half of the A line by which time i will have shot once maybe twice more.

I make it to the town so often I haven't even given it a second thought. Sometimes I get spotted right near the town and I just have to park behind a building but that's ok, I just shoot back. :)

 

And obviously I don't retreat using the same route, I use the heavy route.

View PostBuick350X, on 24 April 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

A little dis-information never hurt anyone, the OP still has his secrets....

lol, I didn't leave anything out... Ok, ok, I did... secretly I go valley every game.

View PostRPGStylee, on 25 April 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

Only problem with this is that if the randoms learn how to play the map no one will go to the valley. Something has to be there to stop the opfor from yoloing over the centre valley hill with 6+ tanks, heading to fthe cap then using downed team mates as cover.

You have to much faith in them.

View PostNew Faded Gl0ry, on 25 April 2015 - 08:16 AM, said:

You should make ones for Malinovka and Karelia, they're laid out similar with lakes or swamps in the middle, and the stalemate sections that can get bogged down if no one decides to push enough.

Boo, Boo, nobody wants to see a guide on those maps! I'd do a malinovka assault guide but in two weeks the map will be changed. lol And karelia just sucks, it wouldn't be a good candidate for this anyway. 


Want to get better at the game? Click here

Want to not suck at Lakeville? Click here

 


 


AnonymousHobo69 #36 Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 40634 battles
  • 4,567
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013
The pictures should be shown on the loading screen of lakeville.

Zulu Calm #37 Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19654 battles
  • 6,816
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2014


 

Wow, just wow. Brilliant. +1 OP. Now if you can use mind control on all the gazillions of non forumers to tell them this, I reckon we'll be alright. :)


Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

 

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)


SandM9 #38 Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles
  • 3,413
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013
Abbey...please!

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

 

 


UR TANK SPLODED #39 Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:37 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11948 battles
  • 2,677
  • Member since:
    11-01-2014
Thanks Gatz put some of those sight lines to good use today.  +1

Write2BareArms #40 Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:04 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21569 battles
  • 503
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013
Lol. You mention dumps specifically. He's in your head. Even Doom Platoon fears him. Lol.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users