• [BLT]

View Postemperordennis, on 26 May 2015 - 02:04 AM, said:

Very well written. Great job. 

zog424 #22 Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:04 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10903 battles
  • [LIGHT]
Kudos to the people who ame up with this idea. And Thanks Nico for running it.

Tis the season to eat bacon.

emperordennis #23 Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • [THE]
Thanks for the complements unwindingemu and quazakaharet!

Very good guide: Beta582's Guide to Everything

All WoT Console tank characteristics (including hidden stats): WoT Console Encyclopedia

VISCIOUS DUKE #24 Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6724 battles

Why is the Military and those that serve important to me? I could tell you about how service members sacrafice and protect our freedoms. I could tell you about the the brotherhood shared among these people. I would do you no justice by trying to explain those things to you. Instead I will tell you a personal story and my reason for respecting the institutions that make up Americas Armed Services.

My late brother Bill served in both Iraq wars he died while serving America proudly. When I was getting ready to enlist I asked him for his advice. He told me how not get smoked as much while in basic training. along with little tips and tricks on how to execel in some areas and blend in with other areas. And the importance of never volunteering for anything willingly lol. Then I asked a very nieve question, I asked him if he killed people while in Iraq. I'll never forget what he told me after a pause that seemed like forever. He said that "The only thing I killed over there was the person that I used to be". I never knew what he meant until I witnessed it first hand on deployment. I went to a foriegn country a boy thinking he was a man, to a man wising he was still a boy. My time spent in the military made me see life for what it really is and what matters most in this world.

So to answer your question on why the Military and those that serve mean so much to me. I guess its because through them I learned the true meaning of life. Now, the true meaning of life can mean many different things to alot of different people. Though Armed Forces are there to take the lives of our enemies, it forces you to understand that life is precious. That life is about helping people, caring for them and most of all appreaciating them. Since my service petty things dont bother me anymore. I see the big picture. I hate this qoute but its so true. Live, Laugh, Love.

BuyMoney619 #25 Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15592 battles

I decided to write a poem for a military charity so I hope it still qualifies.  :)

In the mists of battle come the cries

Of countless heroes with fearful eyes,

Flashes of red and orange all round,

Some of our heroes lie on the ground.

Another day another attack

But many are mowed down by the flak,

They have to carry on past the carrion

If they want to make any progress.

Surrounded by fire and darkened skies

The rain also never dies,

But still the soldiers sludge through,

Because they know they're saving you.

Finally after it all ends

Our heroes return to their friends,

Everyone respects them for what they've done

And they don't forget those who fell to the guns.

Many years on and some heroes remain

Old and frail we can't leave then in vain,

All we have to do is treat them with honour,

So please why don't you be a sponsor.

ringvelski #26 Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28147 battles
  • [313TH]

Why the Military and those who serve are important to me

The obvious reason is that the military helps to preserve the American way of life. My ability to worship whatever God I choose, the chance to work at any job I think I can perform, live anywhere I choose are some of the things that the military ensures I continue to enjoy. For these things I really cannot express the gratitude I feel.

I'm my opinion the military is more than just a bunch of people with guns. Some of my friends have careers that started in the military. Without the excellent training which the armed forces provided them, the careers they pursue would not be open to them due to lack of education, no job experience etc. The amount of people in my profession who got their start in the military is remarkable. By and large most of them are quite competent and reliable. I attribute this to the training the military gave them. More than one veteran I have interacted with has displayed excellent leadership skills, another thing that I credit the armed forces with.

In regards to all the great people who have served in the military I have only the highest respect. Every single one of them was faced with the prospect of giving their lives for their countrymen and did so willingly. In my opinion this makes them heroes of the highest caliber. To take on a job in which a person may lose their life in performance of said job really takes a lot of courage. My hat goes off to all the veterans and current members of the armed forces.

Members of the military who have experienced combat will always have my respect and undying appreciation for all they have done. To face the obvious insanity of war for your countrymen is the actions of superheroes. 

My friend recently returned home from Afghanistan and we had a discussion about the time he spent there. His job in the armed forces is vehicle maintenance but while overseas he did his assigned job in addition to patrolling the area he was assigned and acting as a military policemen. To watch him cringe as some of our friends lit fireworks was quite sad. He didn't complain about the fireworks even though he was obviously startled whenever a loud firework went off. To know that he has suffered possibly permanent damage to himself while serving our country is horrible, but to see him refrain from complaining about it and just try to keep moving forward in life makes him larger than life itself to me.

As I hung out with my friend on Memorial day weekend I realized that there are many others the same as he is, people who sacrificed some or all of themselves for me and the rest of the country. To have a holiday to recognize these heroes is the least that a grateful society can do. I have nothing but the deepest respect for him and all those like him.

In all, I would like to say that I appreciate all that the military does for our country and its citizens. I feel that the military and its members are a positive and important part of our wonderful society.

Ringvelski

emperordennis #27 Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • [THE]

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 26 May 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

You know how these go. The flood comes in the last 2 days. :)

damn you were right (of course). A lot more more to read. :P

All WoT Console tank characteristics (including hidden stats): WoT Console Encyclopedia

NinetyMIKE #28 Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17753 battles

My Essay

Spoiler

stricklerville #29 Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6475 battles

Well here it goes... no peeking! :ohmy:

Spoiler

Edited by stricklerville, 27 May 2015 - 08:56 PM.

UNDERSIEGE24976 #30 Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14984 battles
  • [4HIM]

View Postemperordennis, on 27 May 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

Thanks for the complements unwindingemu and quazakaharet!

You are most welcome. As far as I am concerned, you should be at the top of the list.
There was a lot of truth and wisdom in you post.

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/AY2u5eG.jpg' href='http://i.imgur.com/AY2u5eG.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/AY2u5eG.jpg</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/A...AY2u5eG.jpg</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/A...5eG.jpg</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/A...jpg</a></a></a></a>

emperordennis #31 Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • [THE]

View PostUnwindingEmu24, on 28 May 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

You are most welcome. As far as I am concerned, you should be at the top of the list.
There was a lot of truth and wisdom in you post.

to ben honest I was kinda afraid of the reactions. Memorial day probably means a lot to a lot of people and I didn't want to make that less.

But you're reaction makes me glad I still wrote it:great:

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #32 Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor2

I'm impressed by everyone so far. There are a lot of great messages in the essays.

Remember, you all have less than 24 hours to get your entry in to be submitted for a chance at gold.

I will be leaving it open for you all to continue the conversation and even late entries are welcome. I would love to read more.

BR M95 OE #33 Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16183 battles
My essay looks rubbish compared to all of these good works. Good job.

- Make It Relevant - Let Each Rank Give More XP - Pls WGA!

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #34 Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

View PostBR M95 OE, on 28 May 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

My essay looks rubbish compared to all of these good works. Good job.

There is no rubbish in this contest. Every essay is it's own.

DARTH TETRIS #35 Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16690 battles
  • [BLT]
Spoiler

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #36 Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

There is a little more than 12 hours left. Hurry and get your submissions in.

zog424 #37 Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:09 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10903 battles
  • [LIGHT]
These are some great entries!

Tis the season to eat bacon.

Rondo Elvis74 #38 Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

Private

• Players
  • 37333 battles
my uncal served in ww2 im so proud of him he passed away a long time ago but he serve in the army:)

ClichedTree990 #39 Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16489 battles
The military is very important to me. I am always amazed at their insane levels of bravery. They allow me to feel safe without having to worry about it. In the US we are very fortunate to have a great military. These people deserve a lot more honor and respect than what they get. Unfortunately a lot of their work goes unnoticed but we owe it all to these people. Memorial Day is not the only time these people should be recognized it should be every day. They give it all to protect us and we need to help them when they return home. From tuitions to medical expenses we have to be there for them as they were there for us. To close this off I would like to give a big thankyou to all veterans. I think these are somenof the bravest but unfortunately the most unnoticed people on the planet. Sometimes we dont say thankyou but we are very grateful of your sacrifice. Again thankyou.

BR M95 OE #40 Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16183 battles
Competition ended 2 hours ago?

- Make It Relevant - Let Each Rank Give More XP - Pls WGA!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users