57 replies to this topic

DARTH TETRIS #41 Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16690 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostBR M95 OE, on 29 May 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

Competition ended 2 hours ago?

Niko has mentioned they don't like to lock the topic to allow discussion to continue and to allow any late but close entries in. At some point the entries are gathered and judged and at that point no new ones will be accepted, even if they are posted. Then the results will be posted and discussion allowed to continue for a little while.

emperordennis #42 Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • [THE]
I guess we'll see it in a couple of hours . I don't think they will wait until Monday. 

Very good guide: Beta582's Guide to Everything

All WoT Console tank characteristics (including hidden stats): WoT Console Encyclopedia

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #43 Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor2
Hey everyone. I won't be waiting until Monday. :) Sorry about the delay. I will still leave this open as I said so the conversation can continue about the entries and what not. The results might be a little late as we are setting up for the livestream that is starting in about 15 minutes. I will get you the results in a bit though.

SolidGoldCrown #44 Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34044 battles

When a man, or woman, does all that is expected of him he has earned no extra reward but has only fulfilled his obligation. The generation of those who served our nation during the world wars knew this and were silent about their participation, not seeking glory for themselves and not wanting to burden others with the horrors they experienced. Their underlying strength of character is what built the greatest nation to yet appear on earth. My father was such a man.

Mom and dad were divorced when I was but three years old. The way I heard the story while growing up was that he returned from a never mentioned place and ended up driving a truck while keeping his young family living in a house that was crawling with rats. When asking mom about why he was missing a leg and had one made of wood the answer was that he was run over by a truck. He never said a word to set the record straight in my mind and this haunted me throughout my years. Perhaps he said nothing because I was too young to understand or, perhaps, he wished to shield me from some of the truths of life. This will never be known to me.

It wasn't until after a half century of living that I came across an internet article where a man was looking for his close friend, my father. The bitter-sweet truth was revealed to me. My father was one of Darby's Rangers at Anzio. He lost his leg to a machine gunner and had to be sent home. In silence he had done the things that demonstrated his love for his family and his nation. In silence he continued to live where so many others had fallen doing the same thing. In silence he lived through the indignities of others seeing him as less than a perfectly desirable man. And now, in the silence of his passing, I understand.

Remember those who stand in the face of danger and death for the sake of the ones they love. Life continues for all. While they see the things they have done as nothing more than what is expected of them, too often they still suffer. One day I will stand face to face with my father again. I will salute him and say, "I love you, too."

"No greater love has any man than this; that a man lays down his life for a friend." Our nation is landscaped with memorials to those who fell for her sake. Remember them and be thankful.

Freedom demands constant vigilance.

Veteran ...  U.S. Army-Spec.4/U.S. Navy-ETR2  ETS-80/04/25-Hon.

UNDERSIEGE24976 #45 Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14984 battles
  • [4HIM]
This makes me think of both my uncles and my wife's Grandfather. They never talked about the things they had seen, the places they had been even though I tried ever so hard to get them to open up. I do know that one of my uncles went in at Normandy, the other fought in Africa and my wife's grandfather fought in the Battle Of The Bulge and the Pacific. I'm sure there are things that did not want to remember but on the other hand, there story died with them. But it was such an honor to know them and to know that they stood strong when it mattered most.

On a side note: I still have the money that my uncle Neil carried with Him throughout the war, plus His pocket knife He also carried. What a story they could tell if they could only talk.

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/AY2u5eG.jpg' href='http://i.imgur.com/AY2u5eG.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/AY2u5eG.jpg</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/A...AY2u5eG.jpg</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/A...5eG.jpg</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/A...jpg</a></a></a></a>

ClichedTree990 #46 Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16472 battles

dang still no results

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #47 Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

Sorry for the delay everyone. Today has been a really busy day. I've been reading over the entries over the last couple days. I appreciate them all. Even teared up on a couple as they reminded me of a couple close friends who have given their time and ultimately lives for their service. Thank you all for your time in participating in this activity. It is worth a lot more than in game gold. Proud of you all.

NinetyMike

Ringvelski

Seabear5

Emperordennis

Balthasar250

CookieMan0

Quazakaharet

Darth Tetris

BR M95 OE

SkyMDx

Edited by Niko Power WGA, 29 May 2015 - 10:30 PM.

BR M95 OE #48 Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15479 battles

Congrats to all.

​You must be getting alot of free gold Emperor since you do pretty good in these competitions :)

- Make It Relevant - Let Each Rank Give More XP - Pls WGA!

CookieMan0 #49 Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:08 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14926 battles
Thanks guys :D

Garage at present: 71 tanks - 14 tier X - 35 premium

Precision Gaming member (B team AF) — follow me on Twitch and YouTube!

3 Marks of Excellence: VK16.02 Leopard, T-54, M103, M41 Bulldog

SickeningK #50 Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:56 AM

Private

• Players
  • 31044 battles

Submission for Military Charity Essay Contest

Dragons and Farmers

By playing wargames, practicing martial arts, sports, we make light of life's struggles; test our wits against one another in a contest of wills that leaves everyone as they came: whole. Real war .. . actual bloodshed is the biblical “Mark of Cain”, what USMC Major General Smedley Butler rightly called “a racket” impoverishes man on ever aspect of his individual and social life, – I saw this in my grandfather, a proud second generation Japanese American. His inability – nay, his reluctance to share the suffering and indignities of his travails during the Second World War were marked in his kind smile, and infrequent but mirthful laughter. My grandfather's achievements were sown by tilling the land squatters had appropriated while he fought in the Japanese American 442nd Infantry Regiment, repelling Axis forces from Italy, France, and Germany; – he had no need to wax lyrical over killing, however highly decorated himself and his unit were. After losing three brothers and innumerable friends fighting in what was an elite firebrigade unit (indispensably expendable), acquitting his status and pride as a freeman under the United States Constitution, he saved enough to purchased our family farm; married my grandmother; and raised three children, the second of which being my mother. After the indignities of being striped of God given, Constitutionally guaranteed rights in Federal race camps and the slaughterhouse horrors of European battlefields, my grandfather found the strength to carry on and build a life for himself and his family. He fought on the principle that he was safeguarding the personal liberty that had temporarily been stolen by a fear-crazed judicial action; and for it, today I have an even greater appreciation for the principle articulated by Charles Henry Lee, that my grandfather defended with his decision to become a soldier:

No free government was ever founded, or ever preserved its liberty, without uniting the characters of the citizen and soldier in those destined for the defense of the state…such area well-regulated militia, composed of the freeholders, citizen and husbandman, who take up arms to preserve their property, as individuals, and their rights as freemen.” – Richard Henry Lee, State Gazette (Charleston), September 8, 1788.

Constrained in extremis by force of circumstance, my Grandfather exercised the last liberty availed to him in the camps to ensure not his own liberty, but so that the Republic and its citizenry at large would prevail in the face of even greater State tyrannies across the oceans. The last of these leviathans fell with the Berlin wall, yet, as Jefferson said, “Eternal vigilance is the price of Liberty.” and in our use of force as individuals and states, we ought also to take heed another thinker:

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.”

CDS

5/29/15

480 words

Attached Files

• Attached File   442.jpg   7.73K

Edited by SickeningK, 30 May 2015 - 01:00 AM.

NinetyMIKE #51 Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:30 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17753 battles
Another great contest,looking forward to more.Congrats to everyone :medal:

emperordennis #52 Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:45 AM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • [THE]

View PostBR M95 OE, on 29 May 2015 - 11:01 PM, said:

Congrats to all.

​You must be getting alot of free gold Emperor since you do pretty good in these competitions :)

yeah man I'm doing pretty good. Also currently in a three way tie in the racing competition of fusionstar!  I even checked the German forums and gonna start participating there because I speak a  bit of German as well (I'm Dutch). Gets all the goldses:P

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 29 May 2015 - 10:27 PM, said:

Sorry for the delay everyone. Today has been a really busy day. I've been reading over the entries over the last couple days. I appreciate them all. Even teared up on a couple as they reminded me of a couple close friends who have given their time and ultimately lives for their service. Thank you all for your time in participating in this activity. It is worth a lot more than in game gold. Proud of you all.

NinetyMike

Ringvelski

Seabear5

Emperordennis

Balthasar250

CookieMan0

Quazakaharet

Darth Tetris

BR M95 OE

SkyMDx

Thanks for the gold. :) it was a great competition 

And to all: good entries. I enjoyed reading all of them

All WoT Console tank characteristics (including hidden stats): WoT Console Encyclopedia

emperordennis #53 Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • [THE]
Oh wow gold has already been payed out. You guys are quick :great:

Quazakaharet #54 Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Yay. Now I have something too look forward too when I can play again next Tuesday.

Thanks WG. Good contest and hope to see more fun to come with contests. 

GOFASTDIEYOUNG #55 Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:32 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26204 battles
Our military personnel are the only reason I can sleep at night. They allow me to feel safe in my country. Safe that we won't be attacked in the night by a hostile force. I just wish our weak politicians would let them do their job and destroy our enemies, instead of just doing enough to keep them trying.I thank them for their service and appreciate all they do all over the world to make it a better place.

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #56 Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:38 PM

View Postemperordennis, on 29 May 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

Oh wow gold has already been payed out. You guys are quick :great:

Yup yup. I typically like to have the prize into your accounts within 15-20 minutes after I announce the winners. Sometimes stuff comes up but I'm usually pretty quick. ;)

BR M95 OE #57 Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15479 battles

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 01 June 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Yup yup. I typically like to have the prize into your accounts within 15-20 minutes after I announce the winners. Sometimes stuff comes up but I'm usually pretty quick. ;)

Nice to get notified by email if I have won ;)

Though, I noticed the email was linked to worldoftanks.ru when this is WCGB..

- Make It Relevant - Let Each Rank Give More XP - Pls WGA!

DARTH TETRIS #58 Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16690 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostBR M95 OE, on 01 June 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

Nice to get notified by email if I have won ;)

Though, I noticed the email was linked to worldoftanks.ru when this is WCGB..

Noticed that as well. My email flagged it as not trusted because of certificates as well. But this is the first time the email notification has worked for me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users