Jump to content


Battlefield Diorama


  • Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #1 Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

  • WoTC Tournaments Contributor2

Tankers!

 

Time to get out the shoebox! What we would like you to do for this creative contest is to make a tank themed diorama. Most of you remember having to make a diorama in school. If you are unfamiliar with this whole thing, you get some sort of box and build your own miniature scene inside of it. It doesn't have to be a complete box as long as you have a backdrop and at least one side wall. You can use any materials you wish. Toys, models, cardboard, construction paper, and whatever else you can come up with.

 

Here is an example:

 

How to enter the contest:

  • You are allowed to use any materials you choose. These are physical builds. Wood, LEGO, paper, card board, or anything else you can come up with.
  • Entries must consist of 2 pictures. These pictures include the beginning and end of your build. Each picture must have your gamertag clearly handwritten.

 

Rules:

  • All players are welcome to join the contest but each player can submit only one entry.
  • The creation must be designed exclusively for this contest.
  • Entries will be judged on creativity, quality, complexity, etc.
  • Image requirements: format —JPEG, PNG, or GIF; resolution — between 800x600 and 1024x768 pixels; size — up to 700 KB.
  • The build must comply with the moral, ethical, and legal standards, as well as with the Forum rules.
  • Wargaming gains exclusive rights to the contest image when you post it on the forum, as outlined in the “10. User Generated Content” section of the Terms of Service

 

Prizes:

  • 1st place: 5,000 Gold + 1 week of Premium Time
  • 2nd place: 4,000 Gold + 1 week of Premium Time
  • 3rd place: 3,000 Gold + 1 week of Premium Time
  • 4th  place: 2,000 Gold + 1 week of Premium Time
  • 5th place: 1,000 Gold + 1 week of Premium Time

 

The submission deadline is Friday, June 5 at 06:00 PST (June 5 13:00 UTC)



killer etzi0 #2 Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58956 battles
  • 18,856
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014
Used to make these things about 40 years ago...... the plastic models where cheap then and you didn't mind using a lighter or candle on one to get the desired damage/use affects. Great contest though, looking forward to seeing pictures of the entries.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


NinetyMIKE #3 Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17753 battles
  • 5,796
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013
So we can use scale models? Because it's actually a hobby of mine.I was planning on building the T-62A next,also there are many buildable dioramas too.Do those count?

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #4 Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:15 PM

  • WoTC Tournaments Contributor2
For this contest, you are able to use anything you wish. Models and so on count as well. No matter what method you choose to create a diorama, they will all have equal chance of winning.

Corporal Derpy #5 Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:15 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21147 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

Guess I can finally make use of the huge cardboard boxes sitting in my room from the PS4 and Chromebook I got a while back, now I just have to decide whether I use the few 1/35's I have or all the 1/76-1/72's.

 

Two questions.

Can it be completely randomised tanks like in a typical battle of WoT, so I could have a Pz II F pointing at a Tiger II as if hoping to pen it, or does it have to be say American vs German and not just a bunch of mix/match.

And can I attempt to use a piece of string to have a plane flying over the battle or one left crashed in the middle of the box.


Garage : 

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #6 Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:17 PM

  • WoTC Tournaments Contributor2

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 22 May 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Guess I can finally make use of the huge cardboard boxes sitting in my room from the PS4 and Chromebook I got a while back, now I just have to decide whether I use the few 1/35's I have or all the 1/76-1/72's.

 

Two questions.

Can it be completely randomised tanks like in a typical battle of WoT, so I could have a Pz II F pointing at a Tiger II as if hoping to pen it, or does it have to be say American vs German and not just a bunch of mix/match.

And can I attempt to use a piece of string to have a plane flying over the battle or one left crashed in the middle of the box.

 

Anything you all want. It's your battle scene. You can use any tanks you wish, if you want to have some sort of fly over, that is fine too. Just make sure the tanks are the main focus.

Corporal Derpy #7 Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:19 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21147 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

Well then the good news is, I have about 40 or so models that I can use for this, unless I go for bigger models in which only 4.

And I have 2 boxes I can use.

 

Buuuut I think despite having well over 100-150 paints in a drawer, none of them are made to paint cardboard.

Eh guess at least I can finally put some use to these models, and maybe some of the more 'damaged' ones.


Garage : 

NinetyMIKE #8 Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:30 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17753 battles
  • 5,796
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013
Also are more than two pictures allowed? Because this can be pretty complex and multiple angles are usually needed when taking pics

Guest_Niko Power WGA_* #9 Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

  • WoTC Tournaments Contributor2

View PostNinetyMIKE, on 22 May 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

Also are more than two pictures allowed? Because this can be pretty complex and multiple angles are usually needed when taking pics

 

That's fine as long as it has a start and finish. Just make sure to use those spoilers. ;)

NinetyMIKE #10 Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:25 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17753 battles
  • 5,796
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 22 May 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

 

That's fine as long as it has a start and finish. Just make sure to use those spoilers. ;)

 

Gotcha:great:

Corporal Derpy #11 Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21147 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

If someone don't make a thread after this competition of just making random battlefield dioramas, that'll be rather sad.

 

 


Garage : 

CrisEspindola #12 Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19693 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 22 May 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Well then the good news is, I have about 40 or so models that I can use for this, unless I go for bigger models in which only 4.

And I have 2 boxes I can use.

 

Buuuut I think despite having well over 100-150 paints in a drawer, none of them are made to paint cardboard.

Eh guess at least I can finally put some use to these models, and maybe some of the more 'damaged' ones.

 

Derpy, I would like to see some of the works cited ...
*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*™  Jogar por diversão sempre! - Play for fun ever! Brasil 2015

Corporal Derpy #13 Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21147 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostCrisEspindola, on 22 May 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

 

Derpy, I would like to see some of the works cited ...

 

If you mean all the bloody models I have.

http://forum-console...n-patton-pansy/

 

1st and 2nd spoiler for the tank I made that thread for.

3rd spoiler has pictures of every model I've built thus far.

 

I now just get to put some of them to work in trying to make a WoT Encounter Battle diorama.


Edited by Corporal Derpy, 22 May 2015 - 10:41 PM.

Garage : 

CrisEspindola #14 Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:52 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19693 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Here follows a site that I enjoy about diorama, many suggestions scenarios ... hopefully awaken some ideas for you.

 

wargamingwithsilverwhistle.blogspot.com

 


*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*™  Jogar por diversão sempre! - Play for fun ever! Brasil 2015

CrisEspindola #15 Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19693 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 22 May 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

 

If you mean all the bloody models I have.

http://forum-console...n-patton-pansy/

 

1st and 2nd spoiler for the tank I made that thread for.

3rd spoiler has pictures of every model I've built thus far.

 

I now just get to put some of them to work in trying to make a WoT Encounter Battle diorama.

 

Amazing your work! pretty much the same


*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*™  Jogar por diversão sempre! - Play for fun ever! Brasil 2015

Corporal Derpy #16 Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:08 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21147 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostCrisEspindola, on 22 May 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

 

Amazing your work! pretty much the same

 

Some of the poor chaps wont make it into the diorama, those 2 boxes I had looked bigger than they were ;-;

Will probably have to pull an all-nighter if I at all wish to paint the inside of the box, get some grass for 'something' and then get pictures of it while it's still bright enough for good quality photos.


Garage : 

Balthasar250 #17 Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:35 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 50275 battles
  • 304
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014
It didn't say there was a limit to what size box we can use, the box my skates came in could have enough room. Perhaps I'll rip out a dresser drawer for mine!

Death's garden awaits


Corporal Derpy #18 Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:01 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21147 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostBalthasar250, on 23 May 2015 - 12:35 AM, said:

It didn't say there was a limit to what size box we can use, the box my skates came in could have enough room. Perhaps I'll rip out a dresser drawer for mine!

 

I think the Amazon box this horrible Chromebook came in is larger than any of the drawers I can get out.

1 of them is filled with paints, another with boxes for model kits, the third has a bunch of random tanks and planus that are either pre-built, cheap plastic ones or this cardboard Leopard.

The 4th one has old cloths, and I saw a Spider in it the last time I looked in there so it's never been opened for 2 years because screw dem spiders.


Garage : 

Corporal Derpy #19 Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:52 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21147 battles
  • 18,248
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

Stayed up le entire night to do this.

 

WoT - Encounter Battle - Boxland.

Spoiler

 

Leaves on top of Pz II F are my attempts at a 'camo net'.

Tanks with the turret off are rekt if it is hard to see the little symbols I tried to make.

There's an arty somewhere in that 'arena'. :hiding:

Mid-game picture is supposed to be taken from a plane, I believe that model is a Hawker Hurricane of some sort.


Edited by Corporal Derpy, 23 May 2015 - 07:53 AM.

Garage : 

CrisEspindola #20 Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19693 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 23 May 2015 - 04:52 AM, said:

Stayed up le entire night to do this.

 

WoT - Encounter Battle - Boxland.

Spoiler

 

Leaves on top of Pz II F are my attempts at a 'camo net'.

Tanks with the turret off are rekt if it is hard to see the little symbols I tried to make.

There's an arty somewhere in that 'arena'. :hiding:

Mid-game picture is supposed to be taken from a plane, I believe that model is a Hawker Hurricane of some sort.

 

Very very nice!I loved the labels with the types of tank, medium, heavy, art IOI laughs ... Congrats


*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*™  Jogar por diversão sempre! - Play for fun ever! Brasil 2015




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users