light tanks - played assault scout style

community of assault scouters join the fun!!!

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

Quazakaharet #1 Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

I won't be too wordy. I know there are plenty of tankers who are much better then me. But in my time with tanks I have truly started to love the light tank class. What follows are some matches in a few of my favorite scouts. I play them mostly assault scout style. Very aggressive hence my low survival rate. 

Enjoy: )

First my old friend the leopard. A tier. 5 scout best known for its passive scouting but truly shines as a flanking tank. With The ability to unload a clip in under 2 seconds you can do some massive burst damage. Its the shotgun of tanks.

Spoiler

That's enough of the Leo. Let's move on to a shorter one. My newest scout the AMX 12 t

A fun burst damage tank. I don't have 6 the sence yet so passive scouting is a bit too difficult. I may not scout to passively but I will flank and cause trouble. You can take out 70% of a e 75 health with one clip in this beast on the flanks. But I'm still learning the ropes in her. 

Spoiler

Next up is the t71. An american tank I can't help but think has a turret like a soda can. Just a circle. Its an autoloader and at the time was one of the few available. I didn't want the american medium. I grinded just for this tank.a scout with apcr standard? Sounded fun.

Spoiler

Last but not least is the elc AMX. I had though the Leo was the only tier 5 scout I needed but after a few rounds in this tank I found a new respect for a true assault scout. 

Spoiler

I have many more pics of the elc as those matches have been the most fun of late. If you haven't given scouts a chance I highly recommend it. Heck I convinced Royce to try em. ( thru some wacky writing found here) 

http://forum-console...40#entry1727583

Give scouts a try. You may just like it. Live fast. Take risks that's the life of the assault scout. (/ and why my survival rate is so low ) :p

Got any good scout games to share? Load em up or send a link and above all...

Happy tanking !!!

Edited by Quazakaharet, 20 October 2015 - 09:18 PM.

LadyObscura WGA #2 Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:13 PM

Live Ops Producer

• Developers
  • 1546 battles
Wow, very nice!  Love the thread :)

Twiztid Bowels #3 Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39226 battles
  • [BNKR]
After getting the Type-64 I am having a lot of fun with it scouting. My only previous higher tier light was the T-71. I really have been amazed at how close I have been to a red & remain undetected.  Many games I get 2000-4000 assistance/spotting damage. I can use it assault style towards the end or sometimes when catching an unsuspecting red alone.  The speed & agility make it hard to hit, great fun out maneuvering big guns.

SKyMDX #4 Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [RIFP]

that damage on the AMX 12t game just blows my mind.

I can't even remember if I have had that big of a game in that tank.

Then again I had played that tank as a ninja- stayed camo up in a bush, binocs for spying the enemy and letting the team do the damage.

Some wise words from Quickybaby: "You are the only constant factor in your games. So your win ratio over a large number of rounds is going to be completely dependent on your skill as a player to influence the outcome of the match."

Quazakaharet #5 Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Thanks for the reply's, seems like most of the threads i start need to be necro-d back to life : P

Thanks for popping in lady o, maybe one of these can make the community recap, Sky was part of the first one, lucky dog : P

TwitzidBarrel sounds fun. got any pics to share? the type 64 is on my wishlist. cant wait to try it out. seen some great players in them.

Nothing wrong with passive scouting sky MDX. . The game where you were in he same square as an enemy and then the passed you at less then 150 meters and you still were not found blew my mind. i usually panic and shoot long before then. : P

. depends on the situation. like with the leo, that one scouting game i have above as barely good enough for 51st in the contest a while back. i tried to play mediums to circle of death, but to me scouts are just so much better at it. my scouts now outweigh my medium games, and with luck they will soon be my 2nd most played tank class. i rarely use my heavy's anymore that im not grinding at least.

i have another game ill post for the amx 12 t below.. it may wind up being the last one i do in it since i unlocked the next light tank in line, but well see. another higher damage game but more reasonable on the kills. Maybe ill keep playing it until the crew at least has 6th sense. ironically not having it makes me more aggressive since i just don't know when i am detected and sitting still without knowing is usually death. it was a tier 9 game BTW.

Spoiler

also more fun in the t 71 the same night, platooned with sky and... what was that tankers name again???

this one was down to the wire. opfor had a waffle and a full healh tiger 2 plus arty vs me in a scout, and a heavy and at who didn't want to leave the base undefended. Wound up bouncing 7 shots off of the waffles turret...and a few off the body...boy that was frustrating. the waffle got another ally leaving m and 1 heavy.  we managed to spot the waffle again and my shots stopped bouncing. it was APCR at extreme range so i understand the loss of penn at that range. i left the tiger until the arty was gone and helped clean him up too.

Spoiler

moral of the story as always, don't underestimate your scouts.

Happy tanking!!!

Edited by Quazakaharet, 15 June 2015 - 06:47 AM.

Quazakaharet #6 Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:46 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

A few highlights from last night platooned with sky MDX. Going all in and assaulting the enemy!!!!

Ones a scout the other I am an arty... Its for the op. I swear!!!!

More damage then any other tank. It was a tier 8 game sky was backing me up in arty for the op as well.

My solo arty game. Was down to 3 vs 7 with 2 e25 drivers. Thought we were done for but with lots of repositioning and luck the three of us managed to walk away with the victory. All it would have taken was the enemy t 29 to come around rather then go up the hill on sand river and we would a been done for. 

We exchanged some gg messages after. They did a great job. 

I just try to be somewhere other then where opfor expects me to be in arty. And I know where they are usually from my time scouting ( it comes full circle : p )

And did not realize until I looked again but the three of us killed all 15 opfor...

Happy tanking

Quazakaharet #7 Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:13 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Still on with sky and healer. Causing more trouble in lights. 

I have 2 great t71 games to share. Lots of damage. Lots of xp. Both tier ten games. 

Spoiler

And one 3 elc match which was just a blast.  At one point we attacked a hellcat from 3 directions at once. It was like a mini tog platoon. but much faster. when we found the arty we were doing laps around them in opposite directions. me and northerly ended up ramming each other on one turn. he made it thru the game with less then 50 health after one big hit at the start then the last enemy took him out when we swarmed him.. we must have swarmed 4 targets that way. one tank we all lined up on a hill and shot one after another as we were ready, and in 3 hits there went a heavy.

Spoiler

scouts can dish it out too!!

and besides that there so much fun to drive.

Happy tanking!!!

Edited by Quazakaharet, 19 June 2015 - 04:59 PM.

dukeofpeasant #8 Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17436 battles
  • [47R]

Them some pretty sick numbers man. The leopard is a fun rammer, only the higher Germans scouts are significantly heavier.

I'm going to give the t71 and frenchies another shot. 

Just wish the 12t had more ammo.

Need spots? I gots. Happy to scout if you want.

Wanna play premiums, I got em. All. Will "demo" them if asked.

Tanks I love:

Luchs, Leopard(scout),vk 28/ fat leopard/ Skinny Vikki(scout), Awful Panther, V/IV, T49, E25 aka Super Hetzer!, Leopard PTA, Porsche Tiger, Ferdinand, Sexton 1 Yankee, M44, and Vikky 3601.

Quazakaharet #9 Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View Postdukeofpeasant, on 19 June 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

Them some pretty sick numbers man. The leopard is a fun rammer, only the higher Germans scouts are significantly heavier.

I'm going to give the t71 and frenchies another shot. 

Just wish the 12t had more ammo.

i can count the number of times i run out of ammo in the 12 t. almost every game. i was behind a tortoise in one of the above matches and he was 1 hit from death, and i ran dry. i just circled him until my other tier 9 tanks could pop him. just getting a fel for the tier 7 french scout now, its a learning curve, and cant wait for the final package... and for 6th sense!!! hard without it sometimes.

make sure to post some of your games in the t-71 and elc, and the amx 13 90. i think you will find them quite enjoyable :)

the elc is so fun to sidehug a tank with bad gun depression, they just cant hit you : P

no new games this weekend, was busy with otehr things. finishing an anime, getting prepped for Anime expo in LA.

ill see about a few games tonight maybe, and post tomorrow.

happy tanking!!!

dukeofpeasant #10 Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:41 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17436 battles
  • [47R]

I have tried a few more 12t rounds. Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake. It is slow, for a scout, especially acceleration, but I will do more matches, get a few perks and see what happens.

Its nice to use an autoloader instead of being autoloaded upon :)

Tanks I love:

Luchs, Leopard(scout),vk 28/ fat leopard/ Skinny Vikki(scout), Awful Panther, V/IV, T49, E25 aka Super Hetzer!, Leopard PTA, Porsche Tiger, Ferdinand, Sexton 1 Yankee, M44, and Vikky 3601.

Quazakaharet #11 Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

very true. and with both the 12 t and t 71 you may not be able to do much to fronts, but i have taken 75% health of a heavy in one clip in those little monsters. its ever so satisfying.

i tend to wait longer since i don't have 6th sense yet and then drop in to unsuspecting targets, and then get out again. or if im lucky one shot 1-2 low health tanks, starting with turreted tanks and working down to non turreted last as i circle em.

the hardest thing about a scout really is not getting tunnel vision on a single target, you have to spread it out a lot to truly make your presence known to get the full effect. or just have 1-2 other buddies in auto loading lights behind you to cause some trouble : P

dukeofpeasant #12 Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:13 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17436 battles
  • [47R]
Yea I think tunnel vision will be an issue...I'll want to dump the whole clip and be punished for my greed.

Tanks I love:

Quazakaharet #13 Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

worst is the elc amx, you have to accept if you miss, you missed, move on. when your driving top speed by em if you stop your dead.

or side hug if you know their gun depression is terrible. : )

dukeofpeasant #14 Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:54 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17436 battles
  • [47R]

View PostQuazakaharet, on 23 June 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

worst is the elc amx, you have to accept if you miss, you missed, move on. when your driving top speed by em if you stop your dead.

or side hug if you know their gun depression is terrible. : )

i like the German Elc, the E25 :)  also a fun face hugger

Tanks I love:

Quazakaharet #15 Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View Postdukeofpeasant, on 23 June 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

i like the German Elc, the E25 :)  also a fun face hugger

it is a great machine. I think its a little taller then the elc but I could be wrong.

Sky loves to play his. If I didn't have a panther m / 10 I would go for it too but then that poor tank would never get played. 

Life got in the way a lot this week so still no more scout game pics. I had time for 3 matches last night and did have a 900 damage loss in the AMX 13 75 but I just unlocked the final gun last night ( OK... I did use free xp.Can't Penn much without the final gun in tier ten games.) Well see how it goes now and I'll post a game in it soon, assuming my lack of 6 the sense does not get me killed early : )

Happy tanking

Quazakaharet #16 Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:04 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Finally have some time to play tonight. Just had a fun game with sky. He got more spotting damage then me. But I still did well in a tier 7 French scout.

Were having fun tonight: )

Spoiler

Happy tanking!!!!

Quazakaharet #17 Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:59 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Followed by a great 4 scout game.  We had 2 elc and one leopard and one crusader. Was a show of firepower : ) 

And awful fun

Spoiler

Work is taking me away from tanks for about a week so I'll post more games when I get back.

Happy tanking. And fear the lights!!!!

SKyMDX #18 Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [RIFP]

so much fun, the only thing I can say/add to this is Vive la France! :izmena:

*just noticed in that last pic of the 4 lights, we had 7 kills between us, we took care of almost 1/2 of the enemy team :3

Some wise words from Quickybaby: "You are the only constant factor in your games. So your win ratio over a large number of rounds is going to be completely dependent on your skill as a player to influence the outcome of the match."

SKyMDX #19 Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:41 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [RIFP]

okay, how's this for assault scout style: sorry for the pic quality, had to use phone since i'm still looking for where my camera went >.<

Spoiler
Spoiler

Quazakaharet #20 Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Now that's an impressive number. 

Very well done sky. The elc AMX is a monster for damage with that big gun. 

Still hoping more players will post up some assault scout games. We can't be the only ones.

Duke should be getting familiar with some of the other scouts by now. Hope they post a game soon. 

Here is duke games. In a tier 7 German scout. A very good tanker.

http://forum-console...78#entry1786378

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users