light tanks - played assault scout style

community of assault scouters join the fun!!!

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

Reno538 #21 Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12462 battles
  • [D3VIL]
I love light tanks also. :)
[]

SKyMDX #22 Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:22 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [RIFP]

I love the high tier light tanks also, but mainly because I can afford to "play it lazy" and just sit in a bush in the map :hiding:

That last game with the Top Gun in my ELC started that way but then my team was getting pushed back, the voice in my head said to back them up before they get wiped out. By the time there was only 1 enemy tank left was when I realized I had 6 kills.

Some wise words from Quickybaby: "You are the only constant factor in your games. So your win ratio over a large number of rounds is going to be completely dependent on your skill as a player to influence the outcome of the match."

MadCat1993 #23 Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:31 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14248 battles
Chinese tanks coming out soon so there's going to be new scouting fun!

Quazakaharet #24 Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostReno538, on 27 June 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

I love light tanks also. :)

mind posting a game or 2 here? I'd love to see em. : )

Sky, you defiantly know the right time to push out of a bush and rain hell down on the opfor.

You showed me the ways of the elc AMX and got me interested In The French line. Its been a blast : )

View Postx1stFWxCRAZYCAT, on 27 June 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

Chinese tanks coming out soon so there's going to be new scouting fun!

i have been so jellous of the players in their Chinese scouts. I'll be getting one at some point to join. And for once as soon as a line is released I want to go up it.. And of course I'll be out of town when the update drops...

Please post some fun games In the new scouts. I'd love to see what they are capable of : )

Jherry Angel #25 Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 31051 battles
  • [BNKR-]

How's about this for an assault light? My T-80 ;)

11 medals is my record (equalled once in a Jackson since).

I love the play style - the T-80, Crusader, Chaffee and Luchs are my fav lights for creating havoc!

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by Jherry Angel, 06 July 2015 - 07:13 PM.

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

Quazakaharet #26 Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:35 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostJherry Angel, on 06 July 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

How's about this for an assault light? My T-80 ;)

11 medals is my record (equalled once in a Jackson since).

I love the play style - the T-80, Crusader, Chaffee and Luchs are my fav lights for creating havoc!

Very well played. What was your total damage in that one? I'll have to give the t 80 a good look now too. Very well done.

Got back on with sky tonight. Had a monster 8 kill game in the elc AMX. Got down to me and a vk 3601 h with full health and me with 100 health. Almost killed myself on a little dip but managed to out drive him and went just shy of 7 km. He went to the cap circle  which I didn't expect. , I flanked and won.

And sky just pointed out to me i drove just shy of 7 km.

Here it is : )

Spoiler

Remember, never underestimate scouts. 

Happy tanking!!!

Jherry Angel #27 Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:42 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 31051 battles
  • [BNKR-]

Quazakaharet said "What was your total damage in that one?" (I really must learn how to do selected quotes, if possible!)

Sadly didn't get a pic of the stats page - was so blown away with the 11 medals at the time!  I can recommend the T-80: pretty damn fast and the gun has quite a punch to it; fast reload time and the front armour can bounce quite lot with that sloping edge.  Its a real good at 'circle of death' too.

Enjoy!

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

Quazakaharet #28 Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

thanks for the recommendation. i went up the Russian line, but i went thru the kv 13 from the heavy's so i missed that tank.

realized yesterday with sky that the above elc game was near/ or on my 10,000 battle. was a good way to mark it, even if im not sure it was the actual 10k game, i can pretend : )

make sur eto post up your next good scout game, id love to see it Jherry

Happy tanking!!!

Quazakaharet #29 Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:49 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

More fun with scouts!!!

Been slowly making my way up the Chinese  line and just played my last match i needed to play In the  The tier 4 scout. And it was a good one. 

Spoiler

Assault scouts indeed. : )

IceMagic75 #30 Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2915 battles

Those are some incredible stats, Quazakaharet. Have you considered capturing your games on video? (The equipment you need is pretty cheap these days...)

For example: Here's a recent game I played in the Ke-Ho. This Tier IV Japanese light tank makes for a fine assault scout:

And here's an older tribute video I made about the AMX 12 t:

JoeDaFrogman #31 Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

I have video of this match, it's just not commentated and uploaded yet.  I SWEAR i thought we were going to lose until the last 2 minutes of the match... my team was spread all over our side of the map...

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

Quazakaharet #32 Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:41 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostIceMagic75, on 13 July 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Those are some incredible stats, Quazakaharet. Have you considered capturing your games on video? (The equipment you need is pretty cheap these days...)

For example: Here's a recent game I played in the Ke-Ho. This Tier IV Japanese light tank makes for a fine assault scout:

And here's an older tribute video I made about the AMX 12 t

Hello icemagic.75. I think about it. There have been some matches or just some shots I wish I could share because they were so impossible no one would believe me... But I am a more casual tanker. I think I would oddly feel pressured to preform cool tricks if I was recording, while I don't mind doing dumb things from time to time as a risk to see if it pays off, because opfor just does not expect it sometimes. 

I'll keep thinking about it, and when the system goes to the one I will start having clips at least. Already got one from sky ( as I'm a noob at using my one). A last second kill in Arty to win a assault game during the beta.. Blind fired at their last known position and was reloaded 2 seconds before then end, with a 2 second travel time for the round. Was epic. 

Some great videos you made there.  Can't believe how quick the ke-ho match was. Only 4 min? Wow.

And sliding downhill in the 12 t for the kill. Very cool : )

I would love to see someone like dukeofpesants games. He's a amazing in an tier 7 panther scout. I hope dukes trying out the t71. He will be a god in it.

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 13 July 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

I have video of this match, it's just not commentated and uploaded yet.  I SWEAR i thought we were going to lose until the last 2 minutes of the match... my team was spread all over our side of the map...

You kicked some serious tale there. Can you post a link in here when you finish editing.? I'd love to see it.

I'm chasing you up that line but I'm on the medium at tier 5... Taking some getting used to. Hope your grind goes well : ) 

Almost done or do you just prefer the tier 7 ?

Goofing around on my own tonight. Some good ,some bad, but always with scouts getting their workouts in : )

Below is one of my first games in the AMX 13 75 with sixth sence. : ) I was so happy!!! I finally have a French crew trainer too. And soon the new elc tier 6 one. ( someday the type 64 too, missed the last sale. Darn you work!!! Making me go to LA and eat fancy food. )

Spoiler

I may have gone boom but I reset the cap on 2 tanks for the win. Worth it..and again, my low survival rate : p

Happy tanking!!!

JoeDaFrogman #33 Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostQuazakaharet, on 13 July 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 13 July 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

You kicked some serious tale there. Can you post a link in here when you finish editing.? I'd love to see it.

I'm chasing you up that line but I'm on the medium at tier 5... Taking some getting used to. Hope your grind goes well : ) 

Almost done or do you just prefer the tier 7 ?

Goofing around on my own tonight. Some good ,some bad, but always with scouts getting their workouts in : )

Below is one of my first games in the AMX 13 75 with sixth sence. : ) I was so happy!!! I finally have a French crew trainer too. And soon the new elc tier 6 one. ( someday the type 64 too, missed the last sale. Darn you work!!! Making me go to LA and eat fancy food. )

Spoiler

I may have gone boom but I reset the cap on 2 tanks for the win. Worth it..and again, my low survival rate : p

Happy tanking!!!

thanks.   I will post the link when I get some time to finish the edits.  Honestly, I have perhaps 100 videos I need to either do something with or post, many of them in scout tanks of some type.     I am actually done with the WZ-131 and currently training up a crew in the Type 64 for the WZ-132(halfway to Sixth Sense).   I think I am going to keep this guy for a while.  

Enjoy the 13 75.  With a bit of luck, 3,000 damage games are possible and I regularly got games in mine between 2000-2600 damage.    If you feel like, I have a few twitch replays up of several tanks in that line(language warning applies) with myself and various platoon mates.  

If you want to see some of my scores, I created a thread a few months ago titled something like "PSA:  Scout tanks are supposed to do the most damage" or some such thing and I and a few others have shared some really good game results in it.  

IceMagic75 #34 Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:29 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2915 battles

Quazakaharet

Can't believe how quick the ke-ho match was. Only 4 min? Wow.

Take a closer look at the match timer... For some of my videos I double the speed and add pop music to give them more of a 'music video' feel.

Quazakaharet #35 Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:38 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostIceMagic75, on 13 July 2015 - 08:29 PM, said:

Take a closer look at the match timer... For some of my videos I double the speed and add pop music to give them more of a 'music video' feel.

Very cool : )

Just annialated a tier ten match with 3 scouts, a at and a arty. It was all the scouts thou. We overwhelmed 3 batchats and 3 heavys. It was glorious.

Spoiler

About to roll out again. : )

Happy tanking!!!

SKyMDX #36 Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [RIFP]

Scout bum rush is best bum rush!

I think it helped that the map we had was Ensk, and for the first minute or 2 we were pushing our platoon mate in the tier 10 TD, just us lights pushing a T110E3 straight down the train tracks, straight to the enemy base :P

I could only image what the enemy T110E5 that stayed back in base was thinking when he spotted us and then quickly swarmed by light tanks :D

It was amazing!

Some wise words from Quickybaby: "You are the only constant factor in your games. So your win ratio over a large number of rounds is going to be completely dependent on your skill as a player to influence the outcome of the match."

Quazakaharet #37 Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostSKyMDX, on 14 July 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

could only image what the enemy T110E5 that stayed back in base was thinking when he spotted us and then quickly swarmed by light tanks :D

It was amazing!

probably... o, a light an easy kill...o, wait, and other? another? o crap!!

followed by our own e 3 who he likely didnt even notice as we were behind him at that point.

my favorite part was the batchat that came back to save the day for them, and we swarmed him : P

LittleSaxophone #38 Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16203 battles
  • [EXON]

Just a couple of games I've had relatively recently that seem to fit here :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Let's play all of the Lights... (x) = MOE

Garage Tanks: Leopard 1 (3), Batchat 25T (3), STB-1 (2), Object 140 (1), FV4005 (1), 113 (2), WZ 111-5A, AMX 50B (2), T57 Heavy, T110E4, S. Conqueror (3), TVP 50/51 (1), Grille 15 (2), WT-E100, STRV 103-B (2), OBJ 430U, AMX 13-105 (2), T-100 LT (2), Rhm Panzerwagen (3), Sheridan (2), WZ 132-1 (1), Batchat AP (3), RU-251 (3), T-54 Ltwt (3), Conqueror (3), Nameless, AMX CDC (3), IS-3 (1), Charioteer (3), UDES (2), M41 Walker Bulldog (3), Hollenhund (2), LTTB (3), Chi Ri (2), SU 122-44, Hellcat (3), Knight (1), Skoda T-25 (2), Type 64 (2), AMX Chaffee (2), T-50-2 (2), T67 (2), The Hidden, and Locust

Quazakaharet #39 Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Yes, those defiantly fit here : )

thats one great match in the leopard. gotta love dishing out that much damage with an average of 30 damage per shot (per single shell in the shotgun burst anyways()

im so jealous of your 131. i really want one. it looks like its everything i think it could be and a bag of chips.

thanks for posting, please drop some more games in when you get the chance : )

i like seeing good scouts racking up the damage : )

happy tanking!!!

Quazakaharet #40 Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:15 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Come on.. Its a scout. You knew I had to : p

Spoiler

A pretty fun mode for sure. I still play like stats don't matter because who doesn't ant to cartwheel around the map : p

Got one good scout game in too. Found up face to face with a e50. He plunked me a lot but didn't take me out. Was on my last clip of ammo apcr and took him out with the help of a few at tanks. Thanks boys. You saved my bacon.

Also special notice to the other AMX 13 90 driver on my team. We took out their platoon of 2 1375  and a Chinese 59 16. Along with a surprise destroying of their isu152. Was fun. : ) random battles for the win!!!!

Spoiler

Also I feel special, thought it was a tier 9 game and now I see tier tens in the pic... I'm sleepy.

Time for bed/ happy tanking everyone!!!!

Keep enjoying those lights!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users