light tanks - played assault scout style

community of assault scouters join the fun!!!

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

Quazakaharet #41 Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:12 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Gotta love the elc. I did some traditional spotting, found 12 of the opfor, and got some good damage too. Had one clutch moment where our lone kv2 was facing off against a t 34 -3. ( the medium). I swung thru, got a hit and ran off collapsing him and an at7 back so the kV 2 could derp them. Got away with it that time. A good risk.

Spoiler

And with a few ops a great reward. I followed this up playing my t44 like a scout in a tier 9 match and single handedly taking down a e75. Poor fellow got 2 engine fires in a row. Guess he shouldn't have let me park behind him : p

Time to rest up for more lunar mode tomorrow.  And some more scout grinding. I want that AMX 13 90. I think it will be a blast.

Happy scouting!!!

Jherry Angel #42 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:39 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33899 battles

I've just got the 13 90 (spunked a wad of free experience on it) and grinding it at the moment.

Nice little tank - some OK games so far - will report anything outstanding (hopefully soon!)

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

Quazakaharet #43 Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

I'm doing my best to follow you up there jherry. Working my 13 75 hard.

Just had another monster game.in a tier 8 game, and again in a tier ten. 

Got popped by arty at the end of the ten game thou. Good shotgun. Was nose to nose with a leopard one( tier ten). Left me on 20 health for the rest tof the match but I got 2 clips into him. 

Lights are no t such easy kills after all : )

Happy tanking!!!

Spoiler

LittleSaxophone #44 Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17016 battles
Spoiler

Spoiler

Let's play all of the Lights... (x) = MOE

Garage Tanks: Leopard 1 (3), Batchat 25T (3), STB-1 (2), Object 140 (2), FV4005 (1), 113 (2), WZ 111-5A, AMX 50B (2), T57 Heavy, IS-7 (3), Object 277, T110E4, S. Conqueror (3), Chieftain (3), TVP 50/51 (1), Grille 15 (2), WT-E100, STRV 103-B (3), OBJ 430U, AMX 13-105 (2), T-100 LT (3), Rhm Panzerwagen (3), Sheridan (3), WZ 132-1 (1), Batchat AP (3), RU-251 (3), T-54 Ltwt (3), Conqueror (3), Nameless, AMX CDC (3), IS-3 (2), Charioteer (3), UDES (2), M41 Walker Bulldog (3), Hollenhund (2), LTTB (3), Chi Ri (2), SU 122-44, Hellcat (3), Knight (1), Skoda T-25 (2), Type 64 (2), AMX Chaffee (2), T-50-2 (2), T67 (2), The Hidden, and Locust

Quazakaharet #45 Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostLittleSaxophone, on 19 July 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wowza. WG did say those were assault scouts. That's one amazing result. Looks like you went thru almost all your ammo too. Very well done : )

Any cool moments to share from the fight??

Do you prefer the 131 over the 132?

LittleSaxophone #46 Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17016 battles

View PostQuazakaharet, on 19 July 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

Wowza. WG did say those were assault scouts. That's one amazing result. Looks like you went thru almost all your ammo too. Very well done : )

Any cool moments to share from the fight??

Do you prefer the 131 over the 132?

Thank you for the kind words. :)

I was just opportunistic from the Southern spawn valley bush on Karelia. Basically farmed a whole Tortoise from range. 

The 132 has less mobility (with the first 100mm, haven't unlocked the final 100mm) than the 131 which is slightly disappointing and the aim time really hurts. Yet the alpha and pen (in my mind) make it superior to the 85mm on the 132.

You should check out some of Turboclicker's games that he's posted. Some good stuff there 

Let's play all of the Lights... (x) = MOE

Garage Tanks: Leopard 1 (3), Batchat 25T (3), STB-1 (2), Object 140 (2), FV4005 (1), 113 (2), WZ 111-5A, AMX 50B (2), T57 Heavy, IS-7 (3), Object 277, T110E4, S. Conqueror (3), Chieftain (3), TVP 50/51 (1), Grille 15 (2), WT-E100, STRV 103-B (3), OBJ 430U, AMX 13-105 (2), T-100 LT (3), Rhm Panzerwagen (3), Sheridan (3), WZ 132-1 (1), Batchat AP (3), RU-251 (3), T-54 Ltwt (3), Conqueror (3), Nameless, AMX CDC (3), IS-3 (2), Charioteer (3), UDES (2), M41 Walker Bulldog (3), Hollenhund (2), LTTB (3), Chi Ri (2), SU 122-44, Hellcat (3), Knight (1), Skoda T-25 (2), Type 64 (2), AMX Chaffee (2), T-50-2 (2), T67 (2), The Hidden, and Locust

Quazakaharet #47 Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:53 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Cool. Cool. Can you link turbos game here? I kinda fail in forum searches..

I will find out more when I'm as far as you are.just unlocked the tier 6 scout. Haven't bought it yet.

And grinding the AMX 13 75 still. A stunning loss  was down to my one clip of apcr but with no ammo rack or loader, it was not going to happen.

That was 100 damage less than this one. Win: )

Now off to lunar then bed

Happy tanking

Spoiler

Addition-- then this was the lunar battle. May be my highest damage game  on the moon yet.

Happy tanking

Spoiler

Random extra. 

Link to a funny scouting event with a funny pic from February 2014. Been scouting a while now, but that one always stuck with me.

http://forum-console...__fromsearch__1

Jherry Angel #48 Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33899 battles

Assault scouting AMX 13 90 style....top of the pile ;).

The 90 mm F3 gun is a monster ......

Spoiler
Spoiler

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by Jherry Angel, 24 July 2015 - 07:06 AM.

Quazakaharet #49 Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostJherry Angel, on 20 July 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

Assault scouting AMX 13 90 style....top of the pile ;).

The 90 mm F3 gun is a monster ......

i is so jellous!!!!!

that was a monster game. who needs premium tanks? just annihilate tanks in a scout and you get 50 k silver, and only 4,500 in ammo costs.

yeah, sure 25 k was from an op, but still, scouts can rake it in.

awesome job : )

no games from me tonight, my boss is having me over to drink and help hang some photos in their new place. (well find out in the morning if that was a bad combination : P)

thanks for helping to keep the thread alive everyone. Assault scouts for the win!!!

Jherry Angel #50 Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:47 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33899 battles

View PostQuazakaharet, on 20 July 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

i is so jellous!!!!!

that was a monster game. who needs premium tanks? just annihilate tanks in a scout and you get 50 k silver, and only 4,500 in ammo costs.

yeah, sure 25 k was from an op, but still, scouts can rake it in.

awesome job : )

no games from me tonight, my boss is having me over to drink and help hang some photos in their new place. (well find out in the morning if that was a bad combination : P)

thanks for helping to keep the thread alive everyone. Assault scouts for the win!!!

The game was almost a dream!

Parked-up behind a bush 3/4 way up the hill and between the buildings at top and buildings near the bay itself (behind a large bush).  Watched the OpFor trundle across the back and towards the buildings near the bay.  Spotted 8 there; picked up another as a Tiger tried creeping through the town at the top of the hill and 10th was an Arty parked up at back of the map I spotted later in game.  Tracked 3 of the 8 (including 2 TDs) with a single shot on each and took down 2 Mediums (reloading the clip in between)  all without being spotted (the camo value must be pretty high on this puppy).  Then watched as the rest of the team ripped them apart.  Then took out the Tiger (alone! - tracked him and emptied rest of clip in his [edited]; setting him on fire) before doing an arty run and taking him down.  2 left and right back over the other side of the map - ironically another 13 90 plus an E3. Nearly out of ammo by then, so popped a couple of shots in each and pinned them cowering down in the corner whilst the rest of my team caught up with me and took them out.

One those games where I couldn't do anything wrong - think I may be in love with the 13 90 now ;)

Edited by Jherry Angel, 21 July 2015 - 04:53 PM.

Quazakaharet #51 Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

So I unlocked the AMX 13 90 tonight.... 

I won't judge a tank on its performance stock... But wholly crud my luck has been bad tonight. Lost ten straight games( in various tanks,4 in a row in the AMX). One was on one health flanking the flag and my connection dropped. ( not WG fault  but sucked all the same).

Made it back in to see my burning  wreck.On the hill 3000 spotting damage richer but a loss imminent. 

Then, a light at the end of the destruction. Thou it didn't start as I'd hope. And didn't turn out how I though it would.

Keep in mind, this is a fully stock AMX 13 90.....

The start was almost The end, as I came face to face with a t 30. I hid from him, kept him spotted and of course An e 50 shows up trying to ram me. He missed and I got q few rounds into him. Then I needed to reload. I am behind him and the e 50 begins toPush me backwards up the hill, towards the t 30....

I wiggled as he pushed me back , sideways. Dodging 2 /3 shots. And I reloaded. Put a full clip into him and waited to die and suddenly our at lights him up. And boom. I survive. 

Didn't see that one coming.  I kept on going and put some hurt on the t 30. And arty popped him after the t 30 missed me. Then I tried to backup our Patton against an e 75.... I managed some Penn's from behind but it was far from easy. Then  an enemy Patton showed up on radar. . The e 75 got away from me And I took out the Patton barely. The team took down the e 75.... Somehow a victory.

Some dam fine teamwork. Sky saved my butt a few times.

Spoiler

Not going to lie. I have 40 k free xp I've earned and it may be time to cash it in to get the final package on this tank. 

Happy tanking.

Jherry Angel #52 Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:00 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33899 battles

View PostQuazakaharet, on 22 July 2015 - 04:52 AM, said:

So I unlocked the AMX 13 90 tonight....

I won't judge a tank on its performance stock... But wholly crud my luck has been bad tonight. Lost ten straight games( in various tanks,4 in a row in the AMX). One was on one health flanking the flag and my connection dropped. ( not WG fault  but sucked all the same).

Made it back in to see my burning  wreck.On the hill 3000 spotting damage richer but a loss imminent.

Then, a light at the end of the destruction. Thou it didn't start as I'd hope. And didn't turn out how I though it would.

Keep in mind, this is a fully stock AMX 13 90.....

The start was almost The end, as I came face to face with a t 30. I hid from him, kept him spotted and of course An e 50 shows up trying to ram me. He missed and I got q few rounds into him. Then I needed to reload. I am behind him and the e 50 begins toPush me backwards up the hill, towards the t 30....

I wiggled as he pushed me back , sideways. Dodging 2 /3 shots. And I reloaded. Put a full clip into him and waited to die and suddenly our at lights him up. And boom. I survive.

Didn't see that one coming.  I kept on going and put some hurt on the t 30. And arty popped him after the t 30 missed me. Then I tried to backup our Patton against an e 75.... I managed some Penn's from behind but it was far from easy. Then  an enemy Patton showed up on radar. . The e 75 got away from me And I took out the Patton barely. The team took down the e 75.... Somehow a victory.

Some dam fine teamwork. Sky saved my butt a few times.

Spoiler

Not going to lie. I have 40 k free xp I've earned and it may be time to cash it in to get the final package on this tank.

Happy tanking.

Congrats on making the grind work out - cracking game there; well done.

My advice would be to splurge the free XP. Do it! You know you want to!! :trollface:

The 90 mm gun is a monster close up (though does tend to loose its punch a bit at a distance) and that extra engine power adds enough speed to get you out of trouble (as well as into it, should you choose to).  I just wish it had access to vert stabs for 'on the move action' & I find the aim time is a little frustrating. But sat hidden and popping shells into tanks desperately trying to work out where the hurt is coming from makes up for it!

I still love my 13 90 - I plan another evening together ;)

Bon chance!

Quazakaharet #53 Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:56 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostJherry Angel, on 22 July 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Congrats on making the grind work out - cracking game there; well done.

My advice would be to splurge the free XP. Do it! You know you want to!! :trollface:

The 90 mm gun is a monster close up (though does tend to loose its punch a bit at a distance) and that extra engine power adds enough speed to get you out of trouble (as well as into it, should you choose to).  I just wish it had access to vert stabs for 'on the move action' & I find the aim time is a little frustrating. But sat hidden and popping shells into tanks desperately trying to work out where the hurt is coming from makes up for it!

I still love my 13 90 - I plan another evening together ;)

Bon chance!

decided to go for it, but not the final package. The 2 and to last so I have the big gun but not the motor. Was a great start. : )

Spoiler

2nd match the enemy capped with under 2k damage dealt total by their team. 

Enjoy your 400 xp doubled. .poor souls. 

Saw the same group again. One match later. They got the same xp the next game on a loss.

I did my part. 

And got 67/ k to remember the game

Spoiler

Is it still assisted damage if I'm only not firing because I'm reloading??? : p

Happy scouting!!!

Jherry Angel #54 Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:12 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33899 battles

View PostQuazakaharet, on 23 July 2015 - 02:56 AM, said:

decided to go for it, but not the final package. The 2 and to last so I have the big gun but not the motor. Was a great start. : )

Spoiler

2nd match the enemy capped with under 2k damage dealt total by their team.

Enjoy your 400 xp doubled. .poor souls.

Saw the same group again. One match later. They got the same xp the next game on a loss.

I did my part.

And got 67/ k to remember the game

Spoiler

Is it still assisted damage if I'm only not firing because I'm reloading???

Happy scouting!!!

Cool - maybe getting the gun on free XP and then grinding for the engine-upgrade is the 'compromise'; I'm impatient at the best of time so went the whole hog. That 90mm makes all the difference in terms of being able to kick out some damage and face-down your opponents if you get into trouble.

I played another game last night and charged into the middle of three mediums from behind, scattering them like frightened pigeons when I set one on fire and ammo-racked a second. Still chuckling about it now.

I believe you still get 'spotted' even when reloading (how painfully slow is the reload!?) - certainly worked for me on the game above.

Happy tanking

Quazakaharet #55 Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

Lol. Awesome I feel like I can even threaten opfor with this tank. Even when reloading they tend to not be very happy to see me. 

Or they all turn to try to shoot the easy kill and the team suddenly has a nice ammo rack to shoot at. 

Hoping to get a certain crew of tankers together again soon for 4 AMX 13 90 doom platoon. Swarming tier tens is so much fun. 

They think, o easy kill. O ,3 easy kills. O crap. As they burn. 

Happy tanking!!!!

Quazakaharet #56 Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:07 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

The power of the AMX 13 90. It is awesome. Also grinding the 59 16 without sixth sense.... That ones trying. 

Here's a good AMX game at least. Off to try to boost morale.. Elc AMX go!!!

Spoiler

Jherry Angel #57 Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:14 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33899 battles

What a cracking game! Hat off to your Sir!

I had a good game last night with my 13 90.  I cant seem to upload the photo for some reason (used up my global upload quota, whatever that means!) so here are some of the stats:

Spotted 13 - 5221 assisted damage (26 ribbons - a personal best methinks!) - Scout and Patrol duty medals.  Only got a Class 2 Mastery (was low on actual damage at 1128 with 5 pens).

All done cruising the middle ridge of Prokhorovka and then a run into the OpFor's base once the numbers were thinned a little.  Took out a Med and a Heavy (a Tiger set on fire and they burned-out).

This is rapidly becoming my fav Light (it may even nudge the Crusader from the top spot - hard for me to say as a Brit!)

Happy tanking!

Quazakaharet #58 Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostJherry Angel, on 23 July 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

What a cracking game! Hat off to your Sir!

I had a good game last night with my 13 90.  I cant seem to upload the photo for some reason (used up my global upload quota, whatever that means!) so here are some of the stats:

Spotted 13 - 5221 assisted damage (26 ribbons - a personal best methinks!) - Scout and Patrol duty medals.  Only got a Class 2 Mastery (was low on actual damage at 1128 with 5 pens).

All done cruising the middle ridge of Prokhorovka and then a run into the OpFor's base once the numbers were thinned a little.  Took out a Med and a Heavy (a Tiger set on fire and they burned-out).

This is rapidly becoming my fav Light (it may even nudge the Crusader from the top spot - hard for me to say as a Brit!)

Happy tanking!

If I remember jingles words spotting damage rewards apx half the xp you would get for causing damage so its as if you caused over 3000 damage.

A very good result. This thing is so sneaky. 

I enjoyed the crusader as well but being from the usa I don't prefer their tech tree. But you have 800 battles in it... Just wow. Nothing against them, I just didn't see anything I really liked, save the t30 and t71. 

come out with the higher tier scouts.... I'll be all ears WG : ) 

My general idea is if its a tank I have trouble killing, I want one. Then I both learn its strengths and weaknesses.... And learn how to kill it.

Light tanking is a huge challenge, met with little recognition. Knowing where to Penn those pesky tier tens is an art all its own....

Or just circle em and run off. : p

Happy tanking. 

Quazakaharet #59 Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:47 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]

no pic but i rolled up behind 3 heavys this morning all hiding behind a building. i one shot one, derped the second, and got my last 2 rounds into a  tiger before he began to turn. he burned to death. i was so happy i hid on the other side of the building and command wheeled awesome, my flank affirmatives then i exploded. borsig shots hurt. i only died because their medium tracked my and my repair kit failed but i thought it worked and i was just hit again. noticed after i never even used it. whoopsey. chalk that one up to being sleepy. took the medium down before i died at least, but we lost that match. cant wait to be on the one version, then i will have game clips of moments like that... hopefully with me still alive after. : P

happy tanking!!!

Edited by Quazakaharet, 24 July 2015 - 09:48 PM.

Jherry Angel #60 Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:11 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33899 battles

View PostQuazakaharet, on 24 July 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

If I remember jingles words spotting damage rewards apx half the xp you would get for causing damage so its as if you caused over 3000 damage.

A very good result. This thing is so sneaky.

I enjoyed the crusader as well but being from the usa I don't prefer their tech tree. But you have 800 battles in it... Just wow. Nothing against them, I just didn't see anything I really liked, save the t30 and t71. 

come out with the higher tier scouts.... I'll be all ears WG : ) 

My general idea is if its a tank I have trouble killing, I want one. Then I both learn its strengths and weaknesses.... And learn how to kill it.

Light tanking is a huge challenge, met with little recognition. Knowing where to Penn those pesky tier tens is an art all its own....

Or just circle em and run off. : p

Happy tanking.

Ah - Brits and their tanks.  Bit like sports - we're good at inventing them and then spend rest of time being beaten at them by the rest of the world!

I agree the tech tree is pants but with some hidden gems - the Crusader being one of them.  Makes for an excellent spotter and support tank.  Pretty damn fine sniper as well, with the 6lb gun and a 2-sec reload time, you can rain hell down on your target. And you sit low-down to the ground, with excellent camo, you can play havoc with an advance. The Cromwell is another gem - drives like a light, being pretty fast and brilliant flanker.  Both have armour like paper but the guns whack out the damage like no-one's business. And then there's the FV304, the only piece of arty I've kept; which is telling on its own. Short range but a monster gun.  One-hit kills are frequent and also makes a pretty good spotter/support tank following a pack of mediums/heavies.  Again, a stupid-fast reload, esp. for an arty and the splash can keep a target tracked as you pop one shell after another onto it - handy for teaching heavies not to mess with 'Bert'. Its the fiercely accurate guns that swing it for me (plus a touch of good ol' patriotism!) and some of the tanks are iconic - the Comet is one damn sexy tank to look at.

But Lights do have my heart - its a dirty job but someone's got to do it! :trollface:

Happy tanking!

Edited by Jherry Angel, 25 July 2015 - 09:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users