Counter Battery Counter

counter battery arty players video

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Shmapton Gorgon #1 Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16718 battles

So I went ahead and put this video together. I think both arty lovers AND arty haters will enjoy this. I'd very much like to get your opinions on this, especially you seasoned artillery veterans out there. Thanks for watching!

http://bit.ly/TiraGenocide2

Twiztid Bowels #2 Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38992 battles
  • [BNKR]
Good video, +1.  When I play arty I am too busy hitting spotted targets rather than blind firing or counter battery. If a suiscout dies while spotting them then I may focus on their position, but usually I'm busy tracking a prime target already & don't want to waste the time to reposition & aim only to have another tank or arty get them anyway. In that case I not only wasted that time but wasted a potential shot helping a falling flank or supporting the players pushing. Sometimes I do get lucky & see a shot from an undetected arty & will try to hit them but that's rare for me as I'm not normally focused on the rear of the map. Those players in the M53/55 should be using its excellent mobility to their advantage as well, minimizing their risk from counter battery, blind shots from a tank, or scouts that break through a flank. Even moving just a few lengths can be enough to avoid counter battery.

Shmapton Gorgon #3 Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:27 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16718 battles

View PostTwiztidBarrel, on 15 June 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

Good video, +1.  When I play arty I am too busy hitting spotted targets rather than blind firing or counter battery. If a suiscout dies while spotting them then I may focus on their position, but usually I'm busy tracking a prime target already & don't want to waste the time to reposition & aim only to have another tank or arty get them anyway. In that case I not only wasted that time but wasted a potential shot helping a falling flank or supporting the players pushing. Sometimes I do get lucky & see a shot from an undetected arty & will try to hit them but that's rare for me as I'm not normally focused on the rear of the map. Those players in the M53/55 should be using its excellent mobility to their advantage as well, minimizing their risk from counter battery, blind shots from a tank, or scouts that break through a flank. Even moving just a few lengths can be enough to avoid counter battery.

What about when you have several arty pieces on your team? Do you try to counter at that point? I agree that artillery's main focus should be to fire on the spotted tanks that are the largest threats to help their team out as much as possible, but do you ever feel the need to counter battery? Thanks for the inside look.

http://bit.ly/TiraGenocide2

Gigantic Owl #4 Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22093 battles
  • [RDDT]

View PostTiraGenocide2, on 15 June 2015 - 07:27 PM, said:

What about when you have several arty pieces on your team? Do you try to counter at that point? I agree that artillery's main focus should be to fire on the spotted tanks that are the largest threats to help their team out as much as possible, but do you ever feel the need to counter battery? Thanks for the inside look.

The only time i see counter battery as a strategy is if you have a pretty small gun that does minimal to heavy tanks

An actual gameplay expert

Check out my guides on the bunker.  http://thebunker.fre...ide-compilation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users