Stug III G tips and tricks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Teh Maged-x #1 Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:55 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 11518 battles

First TD line I'm going up! We start off with the Stug III G. Like most TD's it has no turret so you should be thinking defensively for the most part at the initial start of matches. While the Stug is pretty quick for a TD you shouldn't be looking to be an assault gun. I prefer to start out long range. I've had one too many experiences with lights and meds getting around me because of incompetent team mates. Best way to deal with this is to just snipe and adjust from there.

The armor on the Stug can get some bounces but I wouldn't rely on it too much in close quarters too much. You may want to cover up the lower glacial plate the if you get to be spotted. In my experience the lower plate is practically auto pen material. Which is another knock on the Stug when it comes to CQC situations. Where this tank shines is in long range engagements. Its best gun and the gun I recommend is the 75mm L/70. If you have played the Panther or other tier 6 and 7 German mediums you will be very familiar with this gun. At tier 5 this gun is border line op thanks to its high pen and great rate of fire on the Stug. Along with its 1.70 aim time this TD is a tier 5  death laser that can make tier 7 opponents back up and have to acknowledge it.

Don't completely buy into the concept of camping non stop though. Even though the Stug doesn't have armor enough to make me want to be hyper aggressive in it it still has nice speed. I don't recommend going crazy and start going for flanks like a medium you may want to proceed with caution if your alone. The speed also has a different kind of benefit you yourself and your team can benefit greatly from and that is its ability to re-position its L/70 to prop up a failing flank. I've had numerous games where just a quick re-position made the difference for my team.

Overall I find the Stug III G to be a fun TD to use and a nice entry level TD to learn TD playstyle. Since I'm very new to TD's this is a godsend. Next week I hope to have the JagdPanzer IV ready for review....in the meantime I will enjoy playing my Dicker Max I just purchased :D 

Cruiser Abukuma-x #2 Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17731 battles
  • [KMD]
good advice, but watch with the double post though lol

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!

Teh Maged-x #3 Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:36 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 11518 battles

Believe it or not its intentional lol:trollface: In all honesty its because the tank academy section is fast moving where as here the nations sections are not as fast moving. That and someone in the tank academy section was compiling  review list of tanks...I do it mostly to get that person's attention(I can't remember who was doing it though:confused:) not to mention some people don't know how to use the search function:sceptic:

If its bothersome I apologize.

IronBallsMatt #4 Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:32 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10629 battles

Thanks for the review, i love this tank. For me the StuG III is a finisher. By all means ambush and snipe, the camo and binocs with skills to back it up make it a competent sniper. If you plan to stay in one place, make sure you have hard cover nearby and are arty safe.

if you are spotted you usually die and the thing reverses like a cow. So to get the maximum StuGness, I  like to relocate quickly after a volley, perhaps flanking or moving up, and keep harrassing the enemy with long and medium range sniping. This is a panzer 3 with an awe inspiring gun which will wipe a third off the health of most similar tier tanks. It aims very quickly and reloads quickly, so absolutely no reason to sit in one place as you can settle down for another shot very quickly. This slightly goes against the OP but I've had this tank for a while and if you accept the paper armour and low health as an occupational hazard, you can move around a lot in it. Once people see you, they will home in on you for the easy kill

It is also the only tank i run out of ammo on, so pick your shots. I run with 3 premium ammo and the rest regular, the 75mm damage is usually sufficient to take down arty and the PEN is what makes the gun special. Otherwise, the damage isnt enough to hurt tier 7 tanks though you can still support at higher tiers. The final gun is what makes this an amazing tank rather than the derp imo

This is one of my go to tanks for when i need to get kills for an op. If you have support, you will destroy damaged enemies a LOT. I have also recently discovered that with the gun locked on, the StuG III G turns quick enough to run around and dogfight with wounded mediums and even lights, and even the AMX ELC can be engaged like this if you are really stuck

I have five skills on mine now, mainly camo and spotting because - i havent needed any driver skills cos it moves very well as it is, but clutch braking might be one to get eventually

AlternativeFats #5 Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14790 battles
  • [-KWE-]
Also - Adding grousers on this thing will make it turn like it's a freaking top.

And if you like the Stug, you'll LOVE the E-25 (if you are in the market for a Premium German TD).

Never underestimate the stopping power of a tree.

IronBallsMatt #6 Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10629 battles

yeah the E 25 looks nice, i haven't enough gold atm

i had a great game in the StuG over the weekend. Desert River/encounter, endgame had me in stug and someone in a stuart against 6 or 7 reds. We were on the dunes overlooking the flag and the village (bottom end of map i think). I stayed on the crest of the dunes whilst the stuart scouted our side of the river, top and bottom. The enemy approached in ones and twos and w took them all out, they never saw me cos of the ace scouting. Finally there was one red left and unfortunately the stuart fell off a cliff. There wasn't much time left and i was over cautious, the game ended in a draw - we think the red was probably afk, he had no score, so in hindsight we probably could have won if..   anyhow, I ended up with 7 kills, 5 of them were that final adrenalin-fueled horde mode lol

the moral is, the StuG's gun is marvellous, use it well

AlternativeFats #7 Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14790 battles
  • [-KWE-]

View PostMattbot 360, on 22 June 2015 - 04:52 AM, said:

yeah the E 25 looks nice, i haven't enough gold atm

the moral is, the StuG's gun is marvellous, use it well

The E-25 has the same gun, but shoots faster. Downside - you see Tier 8s. Upside - You can passive scout like a boss.

Never underestimate the stopping power of a tree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users