Some new premium tank suggestions.

New Tanks

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Sqn Ldr B #1 Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

While looking up info on tanks, I found quite a few not yet in the game that would be good as low tier premiums, so here they are.

Great Britain

Matilda Mk I-Tier II or III Light Tank/Medium Tank

Essentially an earlier iteration of the Matilda II, it boasts similarly stout armour, slow speed, and is armed with either a .303 or .50 Vickers machine gun. I'm not sure how competitive it would be with a gun like this, but the T7 Combat Car gets by with a similar gun.

Spoiler

Churchill NA75-Tier V Heavy Tank

This is basically a standard Churchill Mk IV, but with the 75mm gun and mantlet from a Sherman welded on the front. It was modified this way to increase firepower, but the gun was only marginally better, if at all, than the 6 pdr coming into service. So basically its a cross between the Churchill Mk III and the T14 currently in game.

Spoiler

A38 Valiant-Tier IV/V Medium Tank

The Valiant was designed to the same sort of specification as the Excelsior, and had quite thick armour, 114mm, and was armed with a 6 pdr, but the turret could also mount the Vickers 75mm and there are rumours that one was armed with a 3.7'' howitzer. It was meant to fight in the jungles against the Japanese, but it was a total failure. It was terribly designed and normal use would injure the crew, including the drivers legs getting caught behind pedals and levers. It is said once the driver had performed a certain manoeuvre, the only way to get him out was to remove his foot, but this shouldn't be problem in the game.

Spoiler

TOG I-Tier IV/V Heavy Tank

This is essentially similar to the TOG II and TOG II*, using a similar (the same?) hull and running gear, but with a turret the same as the Matilda II's with a 2 pdr gun. Another version existed, but I'm not sure of the designation, which had a box turret with a 77mm gun (see second image). It would probably be slower than the TOG II*, and be a large target, but it would be great for its comedy value. I suppose in excess of 1000 HP would balance it.

Spoiler

USSR

T-35-Tier IV Heavy Tank

Quite similar in layout and design to the T-28, but just bigger. It had the same gun, and also two or three smaller turrets with 45mm guns. It would be fairly capable at tier IV as a heavy, it is after all just an enormous stock T-28.

Spoiler

T-24-Tier III/IV Medium Tank

I was going to write about this, but it was suggested in a recent thread.

Germany

Fahrgestell Bren-Tier II Tank Destroyer

Very similar to the British UC 2 Pdr, it is based on a captured British Universal Carrier, and is armed with a 3,7cm PaK 36, using the same gun shield as the towed version, mounted on top of the carrier. Performance would be almost the same as the British equivalant, and I don't really know if the PaK 36 was superior to the QF 2 Pdr. There appears to be several differing photos of these vehicles, with the gun in different places, since it was more of a field modification.

Spoiler

Geschutzwagen auf Light Tank Mk.VI (e) mit 7,5cm PaK 40-Tier II/III Tank Destroyer

This is almost exactly the same as the current tier II German SPG, but the 15cm gun is replaced with the 7,5cm PaK 40 gun. This gun is very effective on current vehicles in the game, which would put it at tier III or as a very OP tier II. It was based on a captured Light Mk.VI chassis. Reference photos are hard to come by, but you can guess what it looked like.

France

FCM 36 10,5cm leFH18-Tier III/IV SPG

Now, I would normally put this as German, but since the PaK 40 armed version in the game is French, it makes sense to make this one French. Again, its the same as the FCM36PaK40 currently in the game, but with a 10,5cm leFH18 field gun instead. It was made by the Germans on a captured French FCM 36 hull, and saw service after D-Day with the Germans. It has the same gun as the Wespe will do when it is brought to the Xbox version.

Spoiler

Japan

M3/M5 Stuart-Tier III/IV Light Tank

During the Burma/India Campaign, the Japanese captured several Stuarts from the British forces fighting there. They were fielded at the Battle of Imphal against their former owners, but used mainly as pillboxes, in line with Japanese doctrine at the time.

Spoiler

Note: I couldn't find much for the USA worth mentioning that isn't already in the game.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Click For a Compilation of My Ideas

Vasco8407 #2 Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11312 battles
+1 for taking the time to research/write it up. I'd like to see some tier 6/7 prems.

Sqn Ldr B #3 Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
Sure I'll have a look. :)

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Crazedtiger77 #4 Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11426 battles

The issue with the Matilda 1 is that it's another Pz II J - too well armoured but with a machine gun. The T-35 suffers from the anti multi turret bias, but if this was removed, it would probably be best in the USSR multi turret heavy line.

Valiant is a good idea which I've brought up before, but could be difficult to balance. 

TOG I is good and the UC Pak 36 is a great idea which I haven't seen brought up before!

Sqn Ldr B #5 Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

There seems to be a distinct lack of experimental tanks from all nations that would fit into tier VI/VII, they all seem to have been used already, but I found a few.

A29 Cruiser Tank (Britain)

There is literally no information on this, other than a description of it, and an impression someone made on the PC forums. It was described as being a Cromwell with double tracks, and a 17 Pdr gun. The only other picture I could find was an extremely vague line drawing. There is some debate as to whether it was named 'Clam' or 'Clan'.

Spoiler

Sentinel (Britain)

While actually an Australian tank, it would fit into Britain the most. A home grown Australian tank, it came in three versions.

AC1-Armed with a 2 Pdr gun.

AC3-Armed with a 25 Pdr Gun.

AC4-Armed with a 17 or 25 Pdr gun.

I'm not sure where the AC2 is.

Spoiler

A version also existed mounting twin 25 Pdrs side by side. It was used to test the recoil effect of the 17 pdr because there weren't any 17 Pdrs they could use.

Spoiler

Chrysler TV-8 (USA) Maybe tier VIII/IX

This is an insane looking prototype put forward by Chrysler in the 1950s. It featured fully airtight crew compartments, nuclear power, and a huge turret with a 90mm gun. The design of the turret allowed it to float. It all looks a bit weird really.

Spoiler

Entwicklung Series (Germany)

These are a series of standardised designs produced by German engineers near the end of the war. They go from E-10 (possibly E-5), up to E-100. Currently in the game are the E-25, E-50, E-50M, E-75 and E-100. Some looked like tank destroyers, others had turrets, and some of them have been hoaxed. The E-5 and E-10 seem to be the only ones that are generally accepted to have existed in designs not yet in the game. E-5 and E-10 were to have evolved into other vehicles. The E-10 was part of a replacement project for the Pz.Kpfw. 38 (t), the Pz.Kpfw. 38 (d). ('t' for tschechisch (Czech), as opposed to 'd' for Deutsch (German)). It was the Pz.Kpfw. 38 (d) project that spawned several designs, including the in-game Rheinmetall Borsig Waffentrager, and other similar designs.

Joco3000 #6 Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26887 battles
  • [JOCO]

I usually post these in General Discussion.

The T-35 cannot be tier IV. It only ever had the KT-28 76mm gun, which is the top gun on the T-46.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Sqn Ldr B #7 Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostCrazedtiger77, on 19 June 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

The issue with the Matilda 1 is that it's another Pz II J - too well armoured but with a machine gun. The T-35 suffers from the anti multi turret bias, but if this was removed, it would probably be best in the USSR multi turret heavy line.

Valiant is a good idea which I've brought up before, but could be difficult to balance. 

TOG I is good and the UC Pak 36 is a great idea which I haven't seen brought up before!

Multi-turret bias? The KV-4 has a turret on its turret, the KV-5 has R2-D2 up front, and most of the cruisers have MG turrets on the front. If you include multi-gun vehicles, the Maus has its coaxial PaK 40, and the B1 has its hull howitzer, as does the Churchill I. The T-35 would probably be fine, just with the smaller turrets as non-movable ones like other current tanks. :)

Sqn Ldr B #8 Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 19 June 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

I usually post these in General Discussion.

The T-35 cannot be tier IV. It only ever had the KT-28 76mm gun, which is the top gun on the T-46.

It would be great to see these behemoths rolling around at tier III, being swarmed by Pz.I Cs. :D

Crazedtiger77 #9 Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11426 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 19 June 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

Multi-turret bias? The KV-4 has a turret on its turret, the KV-5 has R2-D2 up front, and most of the cruisers have MG turrets on the front. If you include multi-gun vehicles, the Maus has its coaxial PaK 40, and the B1 has its hull howitzer, as does the Churchill I. The T-35 would probably be fine, just with the smaller turrets as non-movable ones like other current tanks. :)

​Even so, WG just won't add the T-35 and co for some reason. They've had its model produced on PC for some years, but never added it.

Sqn Ldr B #10 Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
:(

Sqn Ldr B #11 Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostCrazedtiger77, on 19 June 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

​Even so, WG just won't add the T-35 and co for some reason. They've had its model produced on PC for some years, but never added it.

I'm guessing its the same with the Char 2C model that's been leaked before.

Edited by Sqn Ldr B, 19 June 2015 - 08:04 PM.

PLK180W #12 Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles
I personally would pay good Gold for the T-35.
Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

Sqn Ldr B #13 Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
I'd pay good gold for all of them. (That's a hint WG). :coin:

leova #14 Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11380 battles
  • [47R]

View PostPLK180W, on 20 June 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

I personally would pay good Gold for the T-35.

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 20 June 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'd pay bad gold for them. Like, dirty, filthy, rude, disgusting Gold.

The kind of gold you don't tell anyone about, but come home to at night and bathe in its glory

Joco3000 #15 Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26887 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 20 June 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

I might buy a good few of them, but some, like the A38, do not interest me at all.

Some might also be better off as a tech tree vehicle.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Sqn Ldr B #16 Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
I might make a poll in general discussion to see if anyone would actually buy these, then maybe we can get WG to bring them into the game as Xbox exclusives :coin:. I might try and find some more suitable candidates (sorry if I'm stealing your thing Joco3000).

PLK180W #17 Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

Think the Multiple turreted tanks would make excellent tier IV Premium Heavies,(Pmm of course), you have the Russian T-25, the British Independent,  the French Char 2C and the German (however it's spelt).

**Don't know if the Americans experimented with these monstrosities,  but surely some Mad Admiral had an idea for a...

"Six Turreted Land Battleship To Show Those Army Boys That The Navy Knows A Thing Or Two About Armoured Warfare Goddamit!!!"

May need some Buffs here and Nerfs there, secondary guns just decorative, (but if you could make then track with the main turret...)

How many people would love to drive one of these hulks over the battlefields?

**edit** apparently th M6 was originally designed to be a multi turreted tank

Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

OBrienFury #18 Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 43895 battles
  • [1ST-F]

Canadian M4A1 Grizzly1 Sherman tank

It had thicker more sloping armor longer range and CDP (Canadian dry pin) tracks.

LadyObscura WGA #19 Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:32 PM

Live Ops Producer

• Developers
  • 1546 battles
Thank you for the thorough research and the suggestions! :honoring:

zog424 #20 Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10903 battles
  • [LIGHT]
A Tog that's not longer than a football feild??? Imposter!

Tis the season to eat bacon.

Also tagged with New Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users