British tank emblem suggestions

New emblems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Sqn Ldr B #1 Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

Just a suggestion I thought would be good: during WW2, most British tanks had multiple emblems for identification. For the most part, each regiment had its own colour and shape that was painted on the turret sides, for example a yellow diamond or a blue square. These could be put in the same place as the current white/red/white ID flashes currently in the game. Also, the tank divisions' emblems were painted on the front and rear fenders/mudguards of each tank. For example, a tank of B Squadron, 2nd Armoured Battalion Grenadier Guards, Guards Armoured Division would have the division's red and blue flash with the white eye (like my picture) on the fenders, and a red hollow square painted on the turret sides, as well as a red square with the number 51, 52 or 53 stencilled in white, also on the fenders.

Spoiler

I just thought this might add a further degree of realism to the game, and allow players to recreate individual vehicles from WW2.

Edited by Sqn Ldr B, 23 June 2015 - 07:37 PM.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Click For a Compilation of My Ideas

AJSAWardie1993 #2 Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4544 battles

I support this

+1

Highest tier: IX

Current grinds: AMX ELC, ARL 44, AT-15, Conqueror, Indien-Panzer, KV-1, Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffentrager, S35 CA, Tiger II

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users